Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

He's letting Texas continue to build killzones on the border even after the Supreme Court said US Border Patrol could remove them. They called his bluff and he already failed.

Besides there's no form of balkanization that doesn't end in bloodshed. The red states don't want to be free to live as they'd like, they want to control what everyone else does. Any balkanization ends in the Texan States of Jesus hurling nukes at California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

local news update

this morning there was a fire at a convenience store about two miles from my place. the fire eventually found the gas line into the building and blew up, taking the building with it and damaging nearby buildings. thankfully as far as i know no one was hurt, there was a lot of fear because the convenience store is part of a row of stores and immediately next to a daycare. this is a fairly standard city problem and like i said thankfully it appears no one was injured

why am i posting it? i found out about this via a neighborhood facebook post urging residents to support the owners of the store and the daycare and help fund rebuilding... by buying dinner from an unrelated restaurant half a mile from the site that's promising to donate 25% of the revenue from all orders today to those affected. donate directly to those affected? no. there must only be consumption.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

it's also an op to distract from the election

Apr 7, 2003

quiggy posted:

no. there must only be consumption.

I read Nextdoor because it's a warped-rear end site and there was a guy a few months ago telling people they need to drive downtown instead of taking the T because it's better for the economy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

fart simpson posted:

lol at 50% of self described biden voters calling it a genocide. a party of hitlers

seeing so many people online reply to any talk about israel's ongoing genocide with some vote liberal bullshit has been really frustrating

it isn't any better in canada

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i'd say something like "liberals will only call gaza a genocide if the israelis start herding palestinians into camps" but tbh im not sure even that would do it

Apr 7, 2003

Gaza was basically a big camp to begin with

the conceit that the American media keeps chasing is the "Israeli vs Hamas war", as though this were two equals slugging it out and not Israel oppressing and killing people they herded onto a reservation.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
israel is a repeat of how western governments treat indigenous people, they just got started a little later

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
bbbbbut debra messing says

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

quiggy posted:

i'd say something like "liberals will only call gaza a genocide if the israelis start herding palestinians into camps" but tbh im not sure even that would do it

no that’s the thing from the article. a lot of them are calling it a genocide but voting for biden anyway lol

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

fart simpson posted:

no that’s the thing from the article. a lot of them are calling it a genocide but voting for biden anyway lol

i feel like if they know the need to vote for biden they are probably observant enough to see what's going on

Apr 7, 2003

there's no need to vote for biden, actually

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Improbable Lobster posted:

israel is a repeat of how western governments treat indigenous people, they just got started a little later

i've been reading david graeber's "the dawn of everything" which is about prehistoric peoples, the rise of nation-states, and the origin of inequality and my takeaway so far is that europe is a demon continent and white people must be destroyed at all costs

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

there's no need to vote for biden, actually

it's very nice to live in an overwhelmingly blue area because i can very easily do a protest vote come november and not have to worry about somehow accidentally tipping the scales to Even Worse

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

quiggy posted:

donate directly to those affected? no. there must only be consumption.

it's loving stupid, but a lot of people will only "donate" if they get something out of it. won't directly give $5 to a charity, but will buy $20 worth of stuff if told $5 of that is going to a charity.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

quiggy posted:

it's very nice to live in an overwhelmingly blue area because i can very easily do a protest vote come november and not have to worry about somehow accidentally tipping the scales to Even Worse

conversely i live in a deeply red state and not voting for biden doesn't change the outcome of anything here

Apr 7, 2003

Joe Biden's stated purpose from day one was to maintain the status quo. The Republicans have gotten absolutely everything they've wanted with very little pushback from him or anyone in his adminstration. Joe is rolling over to pass a border bill that is far more draconian than anything the Trump administration did, in the interests of bipartisanship. Voting for Joe Biden achieved absolutely nothing.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Branch Nvidian posted:

it's loving stupid, but a lot of people will only "donate" if they get something out of it. won't directly give $5 to a charity, but will buy $20 worth of stuff if told $5 of that is going to a charity.

conversely throughout the year i'm more than happy to toss away a fair chunk of change to various charities and every single one always goes "don't forget your tax deduction form!" bitch i am not doing this for a tax deduction, i'm doing it because it's the right thing to do

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

quiggy posted:

conversely throughout the year i'm more than happy to toss away a fair chunk of change to various charities and every single one always goes "don't forget your tax deduction form!" bitch i am not doing this for a tax deduction, i'm doing it because it's the right thing to do

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
imagining making enough to ever track my donations as a way of beating the standard deduction is one of those idle fantasies of mine

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

goblin week posted:

i feel like if they know the need to vote for biden they are probably observant enough to see what's going on

i feel like if you need to vote for literal genocide to save our democracy it’s not worth saving

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

behavior of the utterly deranged
https://x.com/scootercasterny/status/1753963761084371251?s=46

Apr 7, 2003

I can only assume they're down there with the intention of engaging in violence

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

kinda hoped to see a literal baptism by bullets

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

quickie conversion before you menace your brothers in christ crossing the border

Apr 7, 2003

The "Mexico is sending rapists and murderers" speech from June 2015 is absolutely the most important political speech of your lifetime or mine, that's when Trump shot to the lead of the Republican primaries. The wackos had been primed for that poo poo for three decades but only Trump was willing to come out and pull that string, and now it's just a given that every election year will have a migrant caravan that must be stopped.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Agile Vector posted:

quickie conversion before you menace your brothers in christ crossing the border

good news, they'd just as soon kill jesus himself, so it's not like they have to worry about the "least of these" passage

Matthew 25:40-45 posted:

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fart simpson posted:

i feel like if you need to vote for literal genocide to save our democracy it’s not worth saving

atrocity propaganda, but backwards

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

fart simpson posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

good news. you dont need to vote for it. its gonna happen no matter what

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

what could be more american than getting baptized in a hog trough while waiting for your chance to gun down refugees?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

good news. you dont need to vote for it. its gonna happen no matter what

why? your voting twice for it to make up for me?

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Improbable Lobster posted:

I’ve read that hitler was inspired by what we did to the natives and times it seems like Israel is inspired by what happened to them.

Sometimes it seems as if China is inspired by what the west did to them.

The cultural exchange of awful ideas.

I’m getting into politics I don’t really understand with this post but just do me a solid and DM me with some context if this deserves a sixer.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

why? your voting twice for it to make up for me?

four times, actually. Nargle has a name i can write on a sheet of paper too

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

fart simpson posted:

People vote for parties and their governments even as they execute or support wars and genocides all the time. The Iraq/Afghanistan wars killed over a million people and the guy that started and prosecuted the bloodiest parts of it won re-election

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
yes but israel/palestine is different you see because jews :ssh:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Then we voted in a guy who continued both of those wars but did it in a way that let Americans not think about it so much, and then reelected him too

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

fart simpson posted:

im not in it for the abstract concepts like democracy. 😔 i already went through that in poland

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
let's see what was in the paper of record over the weekend

https://twitter.com/DaliaHatuqa/status/1753814339411116328

ah,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Clark Nova posted:

what could be more american than getting baptized in a hog trough while waiting for your chance to gun down refugees?

need to get some fast food and petrochemical brands sponsoring the hog trough