Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
It's been a few days since the last vote came in so I'm ending it now.

Hunter
Investigate Tooth - 7

Alena
Send to Torlando - 6
Send to closest village - 1

Mercenary
Refuse Services - 6

Stan
Send to closest village - 2
Tylka - 3

Prepare Hunter - 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (53) Week Twenty-Seven Summary

Are we all seated again? Good, now let's continue on with the council meeting. Let's begin by discussing the King's request for the Hunter's services.

FoolyCharged: Investigate the tooth. We'll need everything we can for that trial. Do we have an option to prepare our new agent? I propose we prepare the hunter as soon as possible, lest we forget it.

Black Robe: Allow the hunter to research the tooth, we've had it for months with no progress.

Slaan: Send the hunter to look at a tooth. If we have to spend money on some jumped up PEASANT then at least make it useful.

jkq: Ask the Hunter to research the tooth, we need to prepare for the trial.

Bregor: But this is a new beginning for our kingdom as fortune has brought us another human agent! Ask the Hunter to research the tooth posthaste!

Quackles: Yeah, the Hunter should examine the tooth to figure out what actually happened that day. After that, prepare him for the battle.

sb hermit: I think the King’s priority request should be honored and we should have the Hunter investigate the tooth

I appreciate your cooperation in this matter. If the King were to lose the trial then I'm afraid the Radovians would succeed in their invasion plans. We need to give the King as much help as possible so he can convince King Ivo of his innocence. When the Hunter returns I will also prepare him for the upcoming invasion. Let us move on to the coxcomb, Torlando. Should we allow him to make Alena his muse for a couple of weeks?

sb hermit: Send Alena to the closest town that has not been visited yet

Quackles: Alena can go with Torlando. Perhaps we can offer her hazard pay?

Bregor: Torlando the Wonderful! I never tire of his musings! Allow Alena the pleasure of Torlando's company for the next few weeks!

jkq: Send Alena to help Torlando. When do we get to see the completed work?

Slaan: Send the witch to Torlando. I could use some more of the man's excellent reading material.

Black Robe: Send Alena out with that idiot, maybe she'll turn him into something amusing.

FoolyCharged: Have our witch humor the man. She's not got anything else to do but explore, and the bigger praises this fool sings us the better.

I will send a message to Alena in the morning along with a few gold coins from my own pocket as an apology. We should hide our new agent from him lest he decides to get even more ideas for his poem. How should we respond to the mercenary leaders' offer?

Black Robe: Don't hire more soldiers, they're completely useless until we actually start fighting anyway.

Bregor: Our soldiers number over a thousand, we have no need of sellswords. Send the mercenaries on their way.

sb hermit: Decline the offer from the Mercenaries

FoolyCharged: No need for the mercs, we've got plenty of men for now, assuming none desert from lack of pay.

jkq: Decline the merc's offer, we have enough troops for now.

Quackles: Tell the mercenaries we aren't interested. Our army level is... OVER NINE HUNDRED!!

Very good! I will tell the King to not waste any gold on extra soldiers. All we have left to discuss now is thhe matter of where we are going to send Stan.

Quackles: Stan investigating Tylka seems good.

jkq: Send Stan to Tylka, he can go scout the foothills ahead of the battle.

Bregor: I concur with my esteemed councilmember jkq, Stan should investigate Tylka.

sb hermit: Send Stan to the next closest town that has not been visited yet

Black Robe: Send Stan to the closest place he hasn't been to yet.

I will send Stan to Tylka at first light. I believe that Tylka is the closest village to Grevno, followed by Milina and Wola. That is all for now. Thank you for your time, we shall return here again next week where I'm sure I'll have some good news for you all before the trial begins.

Hello gentlemen, thank you for waiting. Torlando, the Witch will help.

PER-FECTO! The Witch is going to make all the difference! Thank you, Your Grace!

We won't be needing your services at this time.

Fine, we will be back in two weeks. Maybe you will change your mind by then. Or get our gold ready.

Do what you must. Let's see if we can find something out about this then.

Perfect, I'll go and have a look.

Come and see me in the Throne Room when you find anything.

End of Week Twenty-Seven!

Inventory

Archives

Torlando the Wonderful

Cedani

Gale

Business is Business

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (54) Searching For The Sinner

I can't wait to... see you? She didn't finish writing...

Could it be she was in a hurry? It's good she's coming with Ivo soon. We will find everything out then. Are we ready for the Royal Trial, Your Grace?

Yes, I did all I could...

The trial starts next week. This is our last chance to gather evidence, Your Grace. We don't need to pay agents for that week. We won't need them.

Of course. Thank you, Audry.

An old lady in the nearby forests needed help with wolves that keep stealing her chickens. I have quickly dealt with them, Your Grace. She gave me 16 supplies in return.

Your Grace, I bring you more information about the tooth. It's a very rare dragon tooth. It appears to have come from an Ala demon. A female dragon who lives in the ancient forests of Caladur.

Caladur? What would such a thing be doing in my castle?

Whoever lost it must have been an adventurous person.

Audry is right, I don't think you could get such an exotic tooth here in Davern.

Your Grace. I'm sorry to bother you. But we are in a very bad situation. We don't know why this is happening. Someone must have done something terrible for the gods to punish us so badly. Our Sacred Oak is dying prematurely. All the leaves are falling, and they shouldn't be, Your Grace. We have given all the sacrifices we could. We have all gathered and prayed. Nothing is helping. We think Volos has escaped the underground. He is searching for the sinner... He must be hiding in someone's house. This is why we've been having so many thunderstorms, Your Grace. The God of Thunder is trying to find Volos. The thunder won't stop until he returns underground. Your Grace, please send a Hunter to find him. Or give us supplies for tonight's ceremony. Perhaps we can calm the gods down.

Volos, you say? Please wait in the guest quarters while I speak to my advisor about this situation. We may be able to help you out in some manner or other.

Eryk, I have important news! I wasn't sure, and I didn't want to jiny anything... I think it must be around fourteen weeks... But now I'm certain! We're pregnant!

That's wonderful! Hopefully it will be a boy this time!

Yes, my darling. I have a good feeling about this.

Have you told the girls yet?

No, I haven't, darling.

Can I tell them?

Of course you can.

Your Grace. My village was attacked by vicious animals. A pack of wolves has attacked our shed. They took some of our chickens, leaving us with less to eat, and they have also wounded the shed keeper, who tried to scare them away! I think they are hungry at this time of year. We are afraid they will be back.

I will think about this and call you back in once I have made a decision to help you and your village. Please wait in the lobby until I am ready to speak to you again.

I bow before you, Your Grace. My name is Boguslav. I don't want to bother you, but I have a matter that twists my brains. My lady, she's so upset with me... And she's got good reasons, I tell ya... I ain't no man to think straight. I wanted to do good, and I sold our barn to buy her a servant... You know, to help her in the house and with the kids. She always complains how much work she has. She flipped and threw me out, because our barn will make us no more money for us. And she has a point here... Darn! Did I not think of this before! I have tried everything Your Grace, but she will not have me back. I have found a new job in the potato fields... I shaved even! My heart is broken. I cannot sleep at night. Please help, Your Grace.

I am not the one to advise on love affairs! But I will speak to my advisor to see what we can do. Go and wait in the lobby and I will call you in once I have spoken to him.

Yes, Father?

I bring good news! Your mother is pregnant!

No wonder... After all the giggles you've been having in the bedroom lately...

Asalia, please...

I'm sorry. Haven't you got enough?

With you three? Yes! We're hoping for a boy this time. We need a successor to the throne.

Ahh, I hope it's a boy then. I wouldn't want yet another sister! Maybe a boy wouldn't get so torn up about silly jokes.

Oh, Asalia.

Your Grace!

I bring good news! You are going to be a big sister!

What? But I already have a big sister.

And now you're going to have a little sister... or a brother!

Wow! Really? When? I want a little brother! What is his name going to be?

We don't know yet, we don't know if it's going to be a boy or a girl. But he or she is going to join our family in around twenty weeks.

Is this a long time?

Yes, it's still a while away.

This is so exciting! Maybe he can help me convince Lulie to come back home!

Your sister is visiting soon! Are you excited?

Yes! Is she bringing Dusty? How long is she staying for? I'll tell her about how Hisser tried to save her!

I'm sorry, she's not bringing Dusty, sweetheart. I know how much you miss him. But he wouldn't want to travel such a long distance. We'll take you to see him right after all of this is over. How does that sound?

That's fine, I suppose. I need to find a new agent, something different, but nothing else comes to the gardens.

You'll find something eventually. How about another snail?

They can't do much...

Darling?

This is such good news, Aurelea!

I know, honey! I am so happy.

How are you feeling?

Well... I have been vomiting all morning, but that's fine. I suppose I can live with it. Do you remember when I was pregnant with Lorsulia?

Of course, those were different times.

I wish things were as simple as back then.

Me too. No wars, no lords, no silly peasants... Listen, if you need anything at all, you come and get me, alright?

Of course. I think I'll stay here and have someone start the fire for the evening. It is quite chilly in here.

Of course, my darling. I will see you later.

Council Meeting

Greetings, everyone! I will start this session off by bringing you some good news. Queen Aurelea is pregnant! It's still too early to tell whether the King will be having a heir but I will let you all know as soon as there is more news. Of course, this all depends on whether we get through the next couple of weeks.

The Royal Trial is next week and I believe that we have done all that we can do to prepare for it. The Hunter returned with more information about the tooth, which is the final piece of information that we needed for the trial. Once we proove the King's innocence we then need to deal with the Radovian army. As soon as they are vanquished we can finally start to govern the land in peace.

We won't be needing the services of our agents during the trial but there are still matters to take care of. Alena is still with Torlando so she is currently unavailable to deal with any matters this week. The Hunter has been requested twice this week so I will begin with these matters.

Olivia returned this week from the western woods. She has told us that the reason why we have been having strange weather phenomena is because Volos has escaped from the underground. I know nothing of this Volos, but you must admit that we have been having a lot of eerie incidents involving the weather in random villages over the past few weeks. It seems like the God of Thunder is trying to track down Volos so he can send him back to the underground. Olivia is requesting help from us and they haven't led us astray in the past. She would like us to send the Hunter to track down Volos, but this means he will be unavailable to us for three weeks. This isn't much of an issue for us at the moment as we are more than capable of dealing with matters now we have three agents. We could give the Cult of Trees 28 supplies to help cover their losses but that won't help deal with the bigger problem. We could decline any offer of help but that may mean we lose the Cult of Trees entirely.

The other request for the Hunters services has come from a peasant whose village has been attacked by a pack of hungry wolves. They have killed livestock and injured a person, the villagers need help. We can send the Hunter to track down the wolves, give them 28 supplies to help cover their losses or we can refuse to help them in any way.

We do have one more matter to deal with. A peasant has asked us to help on his monetary matters after a poor investment. He sold his barn to pay for a servant to help his wife, but in doing so he's lost the main source of income for his family. His wife has left him and he's now trying to make amends for his poor decision. We could have sent Alena to help but she is currently busy at Torlando's estate. We can give him 23 gold to help him get his life back in order or we can tell him to deal with it. This situation is his own fault but we could help him try to make amends.

Map

Stan is available again this week, the Hunter can be as well if you decide that his services are of better use here.

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

Allies

We will take a break now and reconvene in an hours time.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 4, 2024

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The tree PEASANT? Nothing!

The village PEASANT? Still nothing!

The even stupider then usual PEASANT? Nothing nothing nothing!

Send our agents to Plocko and Prabuly

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Oh, another dysfunctional royal child. Congratulations? I suppose?

Send the Hunter to aid the Cult.

Give the villagers some supplies
and recommend they buy some wolfhound pups.

Tell the village idiot to sod off, it sounds like his wife is better off without him frankly.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Another blessing for his Grace! Huzzah! The carnival has brought us all good fortune! Well, except for Cedani's agents, I suppose.

Thunder gods and underground creatures who can disrupt the weather! How terrifying! We must deal with this right away. Ask the Hunter to investigate this "Volos" and sate Olivia's desire for answers.

Losing livestock or crops or possessions to bandits is one thing, but wolves? Have they not heard of guard dogs or crossbows?! Feh! Still, our people are in need. Give the villagers 28 supplies for now and instruct him to construct some better defenses!

Doesn't his Grace have enough to manage with his own family, much less involving himself in the sordid affairs of his people? It sounds like the man's wife was right to leave him! And now he asks for 23 gold from the crown? Forcibly eject the lonely imbecile at once!

As our general is available, and his recent mission was quite lucrative for such a small amount of work, send Stan to a nearby village. Prabuly seems a nice spot, the area near the foothills may become important for the upcoming battle.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Our subordinates have all offered to work for free next week? I believe we should take all of them up on that offer!

Send the huntsman after this Volos fellow. All this nasty weather is getting in the way of sunning myself.

Tell the worker we can't help him. I'd love to, but we don't have enough supplies to help him and pay the army. And I'd rather not have to worry about mutiny and desertion with the battle drawing so near.

Buy the stupid oaf a new barn. I'd rather tell him to buzz off, but we're already taking a PR hit with the wolves.

And of course we should take Stan's kind offer of free service next week and Send Stan exploring somewhere that involves at least two weeks before his return, but preferably as far as possible.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Send the Hunter to track down Volos. At least he won’t be around to murder any more of Cedani’s potential agents.

Send Stan to visit the nearest un-investigated village.

Send supplies to the wolf-stricken village. This is assuming that we’d only take a 12 supply hit from our reserves since Stan’s last venture yielded 16 supplies.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Send the Hunter to track down Volos. Maybe if we can find Volos the God of Thunder will reward our help by blessing the king and queen with a baby boy?

Give the villagers 28 supplies, and suggest to them that they improve the village's defenses, as mentioned by Black Robe and Bregor.

Tell the peasant to deal with it, we don't have enough resources to solve every problem caused by stupid decisions.

Send Stan somewhere that he can return before the battle.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

jkq posted:

Send the Hunter to track down Volos. Maybe if we can find Volos the God of Thunder will reward our help by blessing the king and queen with a baby boy?

Give the villagers 28 supplies, and suggest to them that they improve the village's defenses, as mentioned by Black Robe and Bregor.

Tell the peasant to deal with it, we don't have enough resources to solve every problem caused by stupid decisions.

Send Stan somewhere that he can return before the battle.

All of these sound good.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's been a couple of days since the last vote so I'm going to close the voting now. The results are pretty clear anyway apart from where to send Stan. I'll send Stan to Prabuly as it's a named village with the most votes. I'll work on an update tomorrow as I'm not at work and I'm feeling quite tired after working today.

Olivia
No Help - 1
Send Hunter - 6

Villager
No Help - 2
Send Supplies - 5

Boguslav
No Help - 5
Give Gold - 1

Stan
Plocko - 1
Prabuly - 2
Furthest - 1
Closest - 1
Somewhere - 2

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (55) Week Twenty-Eight Summary

This is our twenty-seventh meeting of the new council. It's hard to imagine that this could all come to an end if King Ivo gets his way next week. Excuse my melancholy, I should be more optimistic. You have all been doing a fine job of running the kingdom and you have given the King a fighting chance for the trial next week. There are still decisions to make and I will start by asking for your thoughts on the dilemma facing the Cult of Trees.

Slaan: The tree PEASANT? Nothing!

Black Robe: Send the Hunter to aid the Cult.

Bregor: Thunder gods and underground creatures who can disrupt the weather! How terrifying! We must deal with this right away. Ask the Hunter to investigate this "Volos" and sate Olivia's desire for answers.

FoolyCharged: Send the huntsman after this Volos fellow. All this nasty weather is getting in the way of sunning myself.

sb hermit: Send the Hunter to track down Volos. At least he won’t be around to murder any more of Cedani’s potential agents.

jkq: Send the Hunter to track down Volos. Maybe if we can find Volos the God of Thunder will reward our help by blessing the king and queen with a baby boy?

I will send the Hunter out first thing in the morning. I should have really asked for his name when he arrived at the castle. This means that he will be unable to deal with the wolves that have attacked the village. What do you propose that we do for them instead?

Black Robe: Give the villagers some supplies and recommend they buy some wolfhound pups.

FoolyCharged: Tell the worker we can't help him. I'd love to, but we don't have enough supplies to help him and pay the army. And I'd rather not have to worry about mutiny and desertion with the battle drawing so near.

Black Robe: Give the villagers some supplies and recommend they buy some wolfhound pups.

Bregor: Losing livestock or crops or possessions to bandits is one thing, but wolves? Have they not heard of guard dogs or crossbows?! Feh! Still, our people are in need. Give the villagers 28 supplies for now and instruct him to construct some better defenses!

jkq: Give the villagers 28 supplies, and suggest to them that they improve the village's defenses, as mentioned by Black Robe and Bregor.

Slaan: The village PEASANT? Still nothing!

sb hermit: Send supplies to the wolf-stricken village. This is assuming that we’d only take a 12 supply hit from our reserves since Stan’s last venture yielded 16 supplies.

Supplies are an ongoing issue but we may be able to juggle the army supplies around again to help replace any of our own losses. Now... this Boguslav fellow, what should we do about him?

jkq: Tell the peasant to deal with it, we don't have enough resources to solve every problem caused by stupid decisions.

FoolyCharged: Buy the stupid oaf a new barn. I'd rather tell him to buzz off, but we're already taking a PR hit with the wolves.

Bregor: Doesn't his Grace have enough to manage with his own family, much less involving himself in the sordid affairs of his people? It sounds like the man's wife was right to leave him! And now he asks for 23 gold from the crown? Forcibly eject the lonely imbecile at once!

Black Robe Tell the village idiot to sod off, it sounds like his wife is better off without him frankly.

Slaan: The even stupider then usual PEASANT? Nothing nothing nothing!

I will tell the King to kick the man into the street for his impertinence. And finally, where shall we send Stan this week?

Bregor: As our general is available, and his recent mission was quite lucrative for such a small amount of work, send Stan to a nearby village. Prabuly seems a nice spot, the area near the foothills may become important for the upcoming battle.

jkq: Send Stan somewhere that he can return before the battle.

sb hermit: Send Stan to visit the nearest un-investigated village.

Slaan: Send our agents to Plocko and Prabuly

FoolyCharged: of course we should take Stan's kind offer of free service next week and Send Stan exploring somewhere that involves at least two weeks before his return, but preferably as far as possible.

I heard the name Prabuly mentioned a couple of times so I will send Stan there this week. The other villages and their problems will still be here next week. Let's hope that the King is too! We will meet again after the trial next week,I would like to share a mug of ale with you all to celebrate the King's innocence.

I appreciate your patience while I discussed your problems with my advisor. I will send a Hunter to aid you, Olivia. I'm not sure if he can help, but he will try. Give him any information you have.

May the gods bless you, Your Grace. Thank you.

Here are some supplies. This should last for a while before you can get new chickens.

Thank you, Your Grace. This will help us get by for the next couple of weeks!

We all make mistakes, and we all have to deal with them. There won't always be a person who comes along to fix your problems.

Of course not, Your Grace. I am truly sorry to have bothered you. I really messed this one up...

End of Week Twenty-Eight!

Inventory

Archives

Investigation

The Cult of Trees

Cedani

Aurelea

Wolf Attack

Love Problems

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

As far as I'm aware, there won't be a council meeting for the next couple of updates. The royal trial is happening next week and the battle with Radovia will be following immediately afterwards.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm sure we'll enjoy our vacation(?).

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yes yes have a good time at the battle My King. I'll make sure the castle is still staffed by these lazy peasants for you while you're gone

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There may not be a council meeting but the next update will most likely end up with a vote. I've started working on things now but it's probably going to take a few days to complete.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (56) The Royal Trial

Welcome to the royal trial! We will firstly question any witnesses that have a say in the matter. Then we shall go through gathered evidence. And lastly, we will identify the killer. Some of you are suspects, and I have the right to believe that the real perpetrator is amongst us tonight. And with that, let's hear what witnesses have to say.

Your Grace, we have two... No, three people enlisted as witnesses. Who shall we start with?

King Talys' own advisor!

Please state your name, and tell us what you have to say.

The name's Rigo. I was an advisor to King Talys. I have a very important piece of information, Your Grace. I recognise Lady Lena over here. She visited our castle not long before the Royal wedding and threatened King Talys. She said her son was supposed to be the one to marry Lorsulia, not Ivo. She said that if the wedding were to go ahead, she would come for Talys and his family. We must proceed accordingly, Your Grace. She is clearly the perpetrator.

Lies!

Shhhh! You will get to speak at the end, Lady Lena.

Thank you, Rigo. This was very useful.

Talys' guard, come forth!

Please state your name, and tell us what you have to say.

My name is Lutfrid, Your Grace. I was King's Talys guard, and I served him well. "Not well enough!" I can hear you say. But know that there was little I could do against poison, especially one that worked so fast! The day King Talys died, was a day of shame and guilt for me, and King Ivo is continuing to make me pay the price.

To the point...

All I wanted to say is that I have witnessed many people visiting Talys over the years, but none angered him as much as Noaksey! I think we all know how much of a liar he is...

I am no liar! Who are you to shame me in front of the Kings?!

ORDER!

Talys called him a deceiver after he proposed to help his wife, Paloma. Talys knew the only reason Noaksey offered his help was to become 'famous' for something he didn't do. Noaksey was enraged, claiming he wasn't a fraud and that he would 'show Talys'...

I see! I do not have any questions. Let's proceed.

The peasant from Branca? Come up!

Tell us your name and where you are from.

Name's Hermar, I'm from Lord Etton's town, Branca, Your Grace.

And what do you have to say?

I own a vineyard in Branca. We have been observing Lord Etton for a while now. He has been acting so strange! Walking around the village in a trance!

How dare you tell such falsehoods?!

Calm down, Etton!

One time he pissed all over my grape flowers, and none of my grapes will grow now! How rude! He is not a nice man, Your Grace. I'm convinced it was him who poisoned Talys!

Is this all, Hermar?

Well, what more do you need? Just get rid of him!

Who's next?

I think these are all the witnesses we have. Let's proceed to the gathered evidence. An animal tooth. An item so rare, only one known person could have returned from such an encounter alive!

Noaksey the Dragonslayer, please step forward!

The tooth was examined and only one creature fits this unique shape... An Ala demon, from the far lands of Caladur. And who else could have travelled there and back, other than the noble knight of honor? Whether Noaksey slew the beast or not... He must have worn this charm around his neck as one of his story-telling props. The animal tooth was found in the Wine Cellar; this is where Noaksey could have poured poison in our wine! He wanted to help Talys' wife, Paloma but the King shamed him instead. Noaksey couldn't bear the feeling of rejection, and so he planned to murder King Talys!

Lies! I am truly a man of honor and I would never do such a thing! King Talys made a fool of me that day, that is true, but I left his castle as ordered. In no way does this prove I killed King Talys, only that I have been to the wine cellar, which I'm not denying.

And why would you be sneaking around Grevno Castle?

I was just looking for a quiet place... Ehm... To talk... To Lady Lonna, Sir Friderick's widow... Well, when we talked... She must have pulled it off my neck... It was a very fascinating conversation!

So you admit this item belongs to you?

No! Well... it could be mine? I don't know, I have a lot of these things around my neck! But I swear I didn't do anything to the wine.

That's enough! Back to the King.

An instructional letter! The scribe includes instructions detailing the usage of poison and a map of our castle. It has a very specific decorated pattern, which matches only one Lord who attended the wedding!

Lady Lena, please step forward!

Only lords from the North decorate their letters in such an elegant way. I believe Lady Lena was the only Northern visitor on the wedding night. The letter was found hidden beneath a paving-stone in our gardens. The drawings on the letter depict a Rowan Tree, a symbol of protection against curses. A tree which Lords build their children's cradles to protect them against evil spirits... Lady Lena's boy was cursed, so she used these symbols to try to chase the demons away. There is no question as to who wrote this letter. Lady Lena also seems to have a very good motive for wanting to kill Talys. She threatened to kill him if the wedding took place, and it did...

I would never do such a thing, Your Grace. I might have had cold feelings towards King Talys... But there's a big difference between not liking someone, and killing him at his son's wedding! Besides, if I wanted my son to marry Lorsulia, would it not have been better to kill Ivo? Killing his father would make no difference either way!

Do you admit that this parchment came from your kingdom?

No! We don't decorate our letters with Rowan trees, but Roses!

That's enough! Back to the King.

The poison phial! With the very substance still inside, we are certain that this belonged to the person who poisoned King Talys!

Lord Etton, please step forward!

It is common knowledge amongst the royal heads, that you have access to all sorts of poisonous substances. Our tests indicate that the substance from the phial matches the one used to poison King Talys! Not only that, but it was found near Branca. A village under your control! Talys was against the dust trade, and as we have found out from Lord Lurs, you two were not on the best terms. With Talys' death, weaker borders with Atana might make it easier for you to distribute the dust beyond Davern. By poisoning King Talys you planned to expand your business, isn't that the truth? Based on Hermar's testimony, even your own residents know you're up to no good!

Nonsense! I may be running a little side business, but this product can now be found literally anywhere! Even markets in Davern are full of distributors. The phial does not prove that I was the one who poisoned Talys. This could have been anyone!

Enough! Ekhm... There's no clear answer here, Your Grace... We have to sentence someone, anyone, or else Ivo will put all the blame on you. We did the best we could. It's just politics at this stage. You might want to consider the benefits you gain from each lord, if any. If we sentence someone without a lot of evidence against them though, then our people will sense that it was just a royal whim.

I can handle this, Audry. Based on the evidence, or lack thereof... I sentence...

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 10, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's time to make a decision. You don't have to vote in character as this isn't a council meeting and it won't be included in the next update, but feel free to say why you have made your decision.

Whoever you vote for and why is entirely up to you.

Sentence Lord Etton.
Sentence the Dragonslayer
Sentence Lady Lena.
Sentence no one.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Lady Lena or no one. Not enough evidence for the others.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 8, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'll just give you all a warning, if you vote for no one then King Eryk gets the blame. It doesn't result in a game over but we do have to pay a price.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Lord Etton should get the blame.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Shane such fine upstanding people would get blamed for such deeds! Are we sure it was not some PEASANT did it?

No?

Oh well then, Lena because I never did trust that women after she turned me down for a dalliance when we were both 15...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Well, none of them are our allies. So much for gaining an advantage there.

The evidence against Etton is that he sometimes uses phials and... is a serial pisser? Meh.

Lena just wants her kid married off, and the note is dissimilar to her region's culture. But poison is the weapon of a lady... still pretty meh.

Noaksey is a fraud and also apparently a whoremonger!

Sentence Noaksey the Kingslayer Dragonslayer.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Lena has the strongest motive. If Talys had been murdered just a little earlier the wedding would not have taken place.

Etton's right that the drugs are all over the place now. And a man who wanders around the fields at night randomly pissing on things is unlikely to have the brainpower to mastermind a plot like this.

And if Noaksey killed everyone who called him a fraud we'd be knee-deep in corpses.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

All this evidence feels painfully fabricated. Unfortunately, the king has shown himself to be exactly the sort of person that would offer himself up rather than clean up the world a bit going after the drug dealer.

None of them

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

gently caress Etton, he's a drug pusher. No mercy.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
A game of thrones? A game of shells!

None of the above.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
I think Ivo is behind the murder and planting misleading evidence, but I'm not changing my vote because gently caress the drug dealer.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Marluxia posted:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The votes so far:

Sentence Lord Etton. - 0
Sentence the Dragonslayer - 0
Sentence Lady Lena. - 0
Sentence no one. - 0
Sentence Cedani - 8

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Look, the SPCA have received a lot of troubling reports about animal deaths.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

hey buddy, you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Marluxia posted:

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Not really feeling like there's any conclusive evidence here.

So,

Marluxia posted:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Despite our hard work with the evidence, there isn't anything decisive thay we can link to any of the suspects. There's a high chance that someone innocent is going to die in the next update.

The votes that I've counted so far:

Sentence Lord Etton. - 5
Sentence the Dragonslayer - 1
Sentence Lady Lena. - 3
Sentence no one. - 2

Edit: I'm going to keep the voting open for another day or two and I'll work on the next update over the weekend. When I first played this I had my suspicions about one of the people for a very specific reason but I will wait until the voting is over first as I don't want to influence anyone's decisions.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 9, 2024

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Sentence the Dragonslayer

Dude just seems kinda sketchy tbh

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Things seem to have slowed down so I'll close the voting now.

Sentence Lord Etton. - 5
Sentence the Dragonslayer - 2
Sentence Lady Lena. - 3
Sentence no one. - 2

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

When I first played this game I originally thought it was Etton due to this scenario here:

quote:

Listen, I think I've wasted... Ahem. I've spent enough time with the guests. I really need to get back to the archives, so if you don't mind, I will take my leave, Eryk.

Talys, ha! Your Grace! Leaving so early? Toast! Toast! Drink at least one more with us!

See?! Perfect timing, Your Grace!

Ehh, will I get some peace after that? To the young couple!

Talys was ready to leave but Etton insisted that he had another drink.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (57) The Sentencing

I sentence... Lord Etton! Oracle Dust is a dangerous substance. You are responsible for the death of King Talys. I sentence you to die.

This is ridiculous! My people will come for you, Eryk!

Eryk, King of Davern. You have found the one responsible for my father's death! The outcome of this trial is satisfactory for me, and as such, Atana's forces will aid you in your struggle against Radovia. Three thousand men will be ready to strike when you blow the horn, signalling my men to ambush the enemy! Such is my will.

You always loved this view.

Is this where the battle will take place?

Yes, do you see? Right there, in the middle. There's a tight trail leading through. That's where we will hold them off.

It's strange... Turns out I was always staring into the end of it all.

Hey, hey... Nothing ends. With Ivo's help we will be victorious.

If... If he helps...

You were at the trial, you heard what he said. He will keep his father's promise. Everything will be fine. Let's not worry about that for a second. A lot of things have happened since you left, you know. We had our fair share of stress with your mother. She's pregnant, you will have a sibling!

Congratulations! I guess... It's hard to imagine what she must be going through with the battle on the horizon.

Cedani keeps finding more and more ridiculous pets. She can't quite find a replacement for Dusty.

Last time I was here she had a... Snail? What was it?

Smudge - she gave me a hard time about it. I won't forget that. There was also a hedgehog, a fox... I'm worried what she will tame next! Asalia found a new friend... It turned out she's from Radovia, so your mother expelled her from the castle.

She always keeps interesting company... Has she grown up, or is she still a mess?

I don't think she'll ever change, ha! Still gives me a lot of trouble, that one. The other night, she pulled another of her pranks. This time on your sister. Asalia doesn't spare anyone. Your husband must be looking for you.

I suppose... I miss you, all of you, so, so much.

We miss you too! Come over here...

Bruises?! Ivos is doing all this to you?

What? Oh. No! He wouldn't! He's very kind, he's good to me. He takes care of me. Just like I told you in the letters! Father... Father! Please don't tell him! He's the King of Atana now. He has an army that will blindly follow him, even to your gates. Don't say anything, it's better that way. He has better and worse days, don't anger him more, please!

I can't let this bastard treat you like this! I will talk some sense into him!

Please, don't!

There you are. Pack up your things, we're going!

Father...

You pipsqueak, you think you wear the crown on your head and you can do whatever you want?

What lies did you tell your father this time? Are you plotting against me again, Lorsulia?

I didn't say anything, I promise.

She has nothing to do with it! Do you think I can't see what you do to her?! You lay hands on my daughter again I swear I'm going to-

What? Defeat Radovia all by yourself? I think you're forgetting your position here, Eryk. I give you my army and thanks to me this castle will see another day! You DO NOT tell me what I can or cannot do! Davern is at my mercy so you had better address me with proper respect!

Better leave off here. Too much talking will get you AND your family into trouble. We're leaving, Lorsulia. Before I change my mind...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Confronting Ivo is optional, as is refusing to kiss his arse after he gets hoity-toity with you for doing so. I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I didn't say something.

Spoiler: It doesn't change things either way.