Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
You know what? gently caress it, I'm accepting Megami into my heart. Obviously my faves Nymphia and Sapphira are gonna go far, and now that Mirage and Amanda have sadly left, I need an underdog to root for. In retrospect, I should've stanned from the start when she showed up to press events as loving Morrigan and with the Staff of Homa from Genshin Impact. Plus, she has a good sense of humor about the meme status of her talent show, so she doesn't take herself too seriously.

https://twitter.com/MegamiNyc/status/1749500408601497764

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

curiousTerminal posted:

The boat has sailed on it since shes not super relevant anymore but I'm kind of surprised that nothing by Marina made it to a lipsync in the 2010s, especially Bubblegum Bitch or How to be A Heartbreaker. I'd love to see either of those (or Froot)

Hey going back to "what lipsync songs do you want to see" I desperately want one of Weird Al's originals to show up at some point because I wanna see a bitch sweat her wig off trying to keep up with Hardware Store.

Very funny to me that Morphene "I had a BBL" Love Dion of all people is like "you need a new shtick the bananas are old"
This Plane Jane poo poo is getting tiring in the exact same way the MIB/Luxx poo poo did. Being confident and owning yourself is one thing, being rude to others who are not in on the joke is another. And all of them have been so catty in the confessionals and then hid behind "oh well thats just my feelings im keeping it real, sometimes im in the moment" when confronted in any way. If Jane wants to be a villain the least she can do is take the heat gracefully.
Team Geneva loving killed it and I had no idea that was in the pipeline.
Man, the Tim Burton Batman movie made an impression on these hoes, huh? This is the second 1992 Catwoman outfit I've seen this episode.
"we were comparing you to plane jane" Oh this is fully an Untucked Fodder moment. I haven't seen something this blatant in drag race since they edited Jiggly's "it's very Saint Tropez" comment into an episode 4 times.
Very unsurprising elimination. Surprising overall, since I thought they'd milk the drama some more than they did, but unsurprising when the critiques came in.

panko posted:

glad rate-a-queen has largely been dropped for now but feels like it was a misstep so far awarding the immunity potions to two proven-strong queens. there’s potential later for a queen who knows she hosed up hardcore to beg either of them for protection but its not giving drama yet (and isn’t as funny as the chocolate)

Evidently the immunity potions have an "expiration" so they'll probably be used in an upset halfway through after Sapphira and Jane are notified they won't work anymore. Sapphira will probably save someone she likes or thinks is having a singular bad week, and Jane's using hers on a weak bitch to get an extra week out of them.

gandlethorpe posted:

I should've stanned from the start when she showed up to press events as loving Morrigan and with the Staff of Homa from Genshin Impact.
Megami has absolutely read Homestuck and loved it. There is no possible way she hasn't. It's not relevant to literally anything happening in this season of reality TV but I need you all to know that she walked in the work room wearing Homestuck horns and Terezi glasses, then proceeded to indicate she was active on tumblr in the early 2010s. She has to have read it. I've gotten my Dots to connect but I won't be satisfied until she walks out painted grey with a green trench coat.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Given her age and general demographics there is a good chance megami has registered an account here

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I was very happy Megami got some vindication, and also a kid who was always picked last, I can imagine its a very unfun experience to have to go through again as an adult (on television....). I don't think she's got the stuff to go super far into the competition, but I have been surprised before!

Happy Q survived, even though I agree with the forum that Amanda won the lip sync. When you look at the sum total of their contributions to this point though, Q deserves to stay.

Excited to see more of Nymphia, who is a deliciously weird person who doesn't seem like she's trying to be weird. Which is an authenticity that's hard to accomplish.

This episode cemented within me that Plain Jane really is just a villain and its not an edit. She's wholeheartedly embracing being a villain. Her unprovoked sideswipe at Amanda was just jaw dropping.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Mike N Eich posted:

This episode cemented within me that Plain Jane really is just a villain and its not an edit. She's wholeheartedly embracing being a villain. Her unprovoked sideswipe at Amanda was just jaw dropping.

Yeah, at this point, I wonder what her game is. Has a villain ever won drag race? Maybe Tyra Sanchez, but was she really a villain?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The Maddy/Bob saga since the Pit Stop is an absolute riot

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Bob gave a very respectable shot but Maddy demolished it I fear

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I :monocle:'d several times during Maddy's response

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Amanda is going to be a great on All Stars once her drag glows up a bit.

Q going full on "that's a lot of emotion for safe" was both great and grating.

Plane's whole attitude, to me, feels both forced but also genuine. Idk I've been having a hard time articulating what about it feels of about her. I like a villian but she's giving me more Acid Betty stank attitude than anything else. Plus her make up really makes me think she looks like a cross between Jimbo (in body) and Bosco (in mug) sometimes.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

The Maddy/Bob saga since the Pit Stop is an absolute riot

Fill me in

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Yeah I saw the Pit Stop with Maddie, but nothing else :stalker:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

curiousTerminal posted:

This Plane Jane poo poo is getting tiring in the exact same way the MIB/Luxx poo poo did. Being confident and owning yourself is one thing, being rude to others who are not in on the joke is another. And all of them have been so catty in the confessionals and then hid behind "oh well thats just my feelings im keeping it real, sometimes im in the moment" when confronted in any way. If Jane wants to be a villain the least she can do is take the heat gracefully.

bring back willem

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Eej posted:

bring back willem

Yes!!! Plain can only aspire to be Willem

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Maddy on The Pit Stop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh_bGLafAeA&t=956s

Bob's response:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvizxLSDNwI

Maddy's response to Bob:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pZu_nnc6pw

It's all very fun and chill.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Not to mention back-and-forth on twitter

https://twitter.com/MaddyMorphosis/status/1754249535923368180

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Aaaahahahaha Bob's response is incredible

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

:pusheen:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Given her age and general demographics there is a good chance megami has registered an account here

More likely she shared an account with other people in 2011/2012 to read Danganronpa. She doesn't strike me as the forum type.

I love these fake feuds so much every time they happen, all the fun of real drama with none of the getting canceled.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Apparently Jaymes is going to do a recreation of Maddie's wig now :munch:

This is so much actual fun instead of drama cringe I love it

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
So, I saw on twitter this morning, don't have the link sorry, that it seems like Amanda and Jane are cool now. Roscoe's, a gay bar in Chicago, is the home club for Naysha Lopez who hosts a Drag Race viewing party each week, and regularly has Drag Race alumni to comment on the episodes. Apparently Amanda was there two weeks ago, and they did not publicly reveal that Jane was there in the audience to support her. They said at last week's show that Jane requested that they not announce that she was there, although people did spot her, and were taking photos and video of her. She seemed to take it all in stride even though Amanda was trashing Jane's behavior on the show.

car dance
May 12, 2010

Ben is actually an escaped polar bear, posing as a human.

Unlikely because Polar Bears do not know how to speak.
Also it does not make any sense.
I'm not a fan of Jane at all. Typically I love villains but her antics show more patheticness than villany.

I know a lot of the drama is fake (the Bob and Maddy poo poo kills me, I love both of them) and a lot of it is squashed (I think about how Daya Betty truly hated Jasmine bc of how annoying she is, but then they got over it because obviously they're both just people and it felt like a natural annoyance // Isabelle Brooks vs Sugar/Spice where she realized that they actually are talented) but when I think about how Jane kept taking pot shots at Amanda for what felt like no reason, and every time Amanda swatted her down but she kept going... it just doesn't make sense to me.

I understand wanting to be a catty kind of "character" for your drag persona, but pick on people who are actually being annoying. Going "you're bad at your drag" is just not the read you want it to be, especially when it feels like punching down.

(The reality is that someone like Saphira would swat Jane down so quickly that her head would spin, and Jane knows this. She won't try to read anyone who she thinks would read her back well because she's actually pathetic, not a villain. If she was a real villain she would have straight up told everyone she voted with shade at the beginning, but instead she was terrified of them finding out. Her downfall is that she thought Amanda wouldn't be able to keep up with her, but the edit shows Amanda coming back with better every time, and the fans obviously see it and all love Amanda now. So...)

I don't watch Untucked so maybe Amanda really did something that I missed, but as just a show viewer, seeing Jane go for her neck for what feels like no reason, it makes it impossible for me to even enjoy Jane's drag.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

car dance posted:

I don't watch Untucked so maybe Amanda really did something that I missed, but as just a show viewer, seeing Jane go for her neck for what feels like no reason, it makes it impossible for me to even enjoy Jane's drag.

You've missed nothing. Amanda has done nothing to Jane other than having poor makeup skills. In untucked, the other queens have had Amanda's back when she talks back to Jane, who seems to have no sense of shame.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The only thing worse than Plane's villain acting was Amanda's "I'm offended" acting.

Ultimately, it's literally hundreds of hours of footage of a dozen performers attempting to be entertaining and get screen time edited down to a two minute clip of "drama" in the episode. The idea that we as viewers have any idea of what actually went on, or how anyone actually feels is crazy.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Maddy's episode of the Pit Stop hit a million views in just 3 days. I think her AS ticket is secure.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

Maddy's episode of the Pit Stop hit a million views in just 3 days. I think her AS ticket is secure.

I see clips from her podcast show up on instagram all the time, and turns out she's really funny, which I don't remember her showcasing when she was on the show at all.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Maddy also was the creative force behind her team's fake trailer, which was great.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

She had some good reads at the reunion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRG9U3tWXmw

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Nymphia is my fave of the season and I can see Sapphira and Plasma in the top as well. Nymphia strikes me as incredibly smart and well rounded, she very much knows how to play the reality TV game and she's got the talent to back it up.

I guess we'll see how the girls do in acting and improv

edit: also apparently Megami is a Redditor so the likelihood of her having an SA account is pretty good imo

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 7, 2024

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Preview time again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc0BHocLnyM

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:CHARO:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Oh Nymphia. You seem to be good at EVERYTHING. "Little do they know, I'm in a Girl Group." "Little do they know, I'm a professional seamstress." "Little do they know, I customize dolls."

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I can't wait to see this stupid bitch back on my screen

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1755614968849039373

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

I can't wait to see this stupid bitch back on my screen

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1755614968849039373

Man I better be able to get this in Australia on Stan

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Fell off the wagon with the UK stuff. Did Tia have a glow up? She was very mid on her original season.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

iceyman posted:

Fell off the wagon with the UK stuff. Did Tia have a glow up? She was very mid on her original season.

I wouldn't say she's transcended to fashion queen, but she's definitely stepped up her wardrobe and makeup game. Her maxed charisma stat will always be her biggest strength.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

ON FRIDAYS????? AAAAAAAAAAAA MY FREE TIME

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Tia Koffee was always good value, albeit not polished

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Chewbecca posted:

Man I better be able to get this in Australia on Stan

The last season is up on it so it's pretty guaranteed I think, usually Stan has previews and promo tiles long after they've dropped other places so if there's no news on there I wouldn't be worried

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

The last season is up on it so it's pretty guaranteed I think, usually Stan has previews and promo tiles long after they've dropped other places so if there's no news on there I wouldn't be worried

I always go to cancel Stan, but mama ru gives us a constant feed of drag race so I can't look away haha

Was a good investment for Stan imo!

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

but stan, what are you imbibing?
its the vibe that they do want you subscribing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

gandlethorpe posted:

You know what? gently caress it, I'm accepting Megami into my heart. Obviously my faves Nymphia and Sapphira are gonna go far, and now that Mirage and Amanda have sadly left, I need an underdog to root for. In retrospect, I should've stanned from the start when she showed up to press events as loving Morrigan and with the Staff of Homa from Genshin Impact. Plus, she has a good sense of humor about the meme status of her talent show, so she doesn't take herself too seriously.

https://twitter.com/MegamiNyc/status/1749500408601497764

As one of the people who was Team Megami from Day 1, I’m so happy she got her flowers. The fact that she didn’t get any credit in the episode for helping her entire team to a win is not great for her chances of winning, which were frankly zero to begin with. She is a true loving nerd and her Twitter game is fun. Anyone who loves JRPG’s/the SMT series enough to have it be their loving drag name is icon status.

JRPG fashion is prime drag look material.

EDIT:

https://x.com/megaminyc/status/1755666342848422216?s=46&t=7SnLl4Gv_3ioHDhSBPfYvw

Ugh, her mind. It works on a level no one understands for better or for worse and I can’t help but respect it :allears:

https://x.com/megaminyc/status/1755023055435280853?s=46&t=7SnLl4Gv_3ioHDhSBPfYvw

She also streams?

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Feb 9, 2024