Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DickEmery posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo that article is special!

The Commanders were never in sole control of their destiny despite the competence, vision and sanity emanating from the ownership group led by managing partner Josh Harris. They inhabit a world where other masters-of-the-universe types have agendas. The Commanders already conquered competitors in the general manager market by landing Peters. Like it or not, those other organizations would have their day.

Russini has been co-writing articles for a couple months now and every single time it's been on the brink of unbearable.

In an article a couple weeks ago on a defensive coordinator search for the Packers she mixed up David Caldwell (former Lions HC) with Mike Caldwell (former Jaguars DC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
When Josh Harris returned to Washington, he played a round of golf and hit 18 hole in ones.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I wonder if Russini's best sourcing with the Titans was tied to the Vrabel regime and now she's trying to get in good with the new Commies front office/ownership group to ensure she's still got the inside track for at least one team. Because man she is really doing a lot of puffery for them

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1754327607120970187

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Print the shirts

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
2023 NFL Coaching Carousel: Another big win for the Commanders.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

xbilkis posted:

I wonder if Russini's best sourcing with the Titans was tied to the Vrabel regime and now

Yes she was Vrabel voice

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

shyduck posted:

Print the shirts

you rang

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shyduck posted:

When I look at the Sixers over the last decade I definitely see competence, vision and sanity

Are there still, like, 'The Process' people out there about the Sixers? I just remember that going on for a very long time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So, not OC

https://twitter.com/DanWSports/status/1754560600838222283?t=jPf3g7fsI_b7gsnwxeoVPw&s=19

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Run Game Coordinator. So, it's an excellent hire. Just get rid of Ekeler, draft young, and you should be ready.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Are there still, like, 'The Process' people out there about the Sixers? I just remember that going on for a very long time.
There's a few true believers here and there but it's largely dead. The whole thing started because they couldn't get out of the 2nd round and ended with them not being able to get out of the 2nd round. All they have to show for it is Embiid.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers are zeroing in on Marcus Brady for passing game coordinator

I do not know who this is

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

Chargers are zeroing in on Marcus Brady for passing game coordinator

I do not know who this is

QB Coach for Brissett and Rivers 2 years in Indy, then OC for 2 years (9th in points that Wentz Colts year and 30th that trainwreck Matt Ryan year), then an assistant to the Eagles last year.

Has gotten 3 solid years out of QB's in 4 seasons in not the greatest circumstances

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

shyduck posted:

There's a few true believers here and there but it's largely dead. The whole thing started because they couldn't get out of the 2nd round and ended with them not being able to get out of the 2nd round. All they have to show for it is Embiid.

I know Embiid hasn't gotten them to the finals but he's an MVP. That's not a bad get.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Good to know the Washington team is still run by a petty rear end in a top hat. Here's to hoping they don't climb above.500 for a couple decades.

Edit: Real question because I don't know poo poo about Getsy, why do all the articles say that he was "highly respected" when he just got fired from a dogshit Bears team and it doesn't seem like anyone else wanted him either? Is it pretty much just his agent's words or what?

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 5, 2024

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

xbilkis posted:

I wonder if Russini's best sourcing with the Titans was tied to the Vrabel regime and now she's trying to get in good with the new Commies front office/ownership group to ensure she's still got the inside track for at least one team. Because man she is really doing a lot of puffery for them

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1754327607120970187

lmao she's putting in a lot of rear end kissing work to get that access.

Idk why Washington is still talking about it, let this cycle die and be fine with the HC hire you made. it's done now.

Greg Roman just doing run game stuff is a superb hire

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/pfrumors/status/1754566959478247570?t=mxjBzFjyX9xXTcHR9jsp6Q&s=19

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Prep work so he can take over when John retires.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
There's a third one :question:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nervous posted:

There's a third one :question:

He's Jim's son. I'm surprised he wouldn't have him on his staff but if he's a ST coordinator he might be too much like John for Jim to acknowledge like that

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Speaking of Harbaugh the Ravens hired Jerry Rosburg as a "game manager" for John Harbaugh. What is this??? What does Harbaugh even do at this point?????? Do other teams have these?

https://www.baltimoresun.com/2024/02/05/ravens-jerry-rosburg/

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ayudo posted:

I don't subscribe to the Athletic, but please tell me this is an anonymous quote and not obsequious fawning by the writers on behalf of billionaire rich dicks.

The worst sort of access journalism either way.

quote:

The Commanders already conquered competitors in the general manager market by landing Peters. Like it or not, those other organizations would have their day.

lol, lmao

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Even $1 a month is too much for the Athletic

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Even $1 a month is too much for the Athletic

Eh. I subscribe for Daniel Popper and SDSU stuff. Worth it for me

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/NoFlagsFilm/status/1754595074720027066
he was too swole for the job

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Stop, Mike Vrabel. You smoke too tough. Your swag too different. Your bitches are too bad. They'll kill you.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Don't hire me or my large adult son ever again

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lmfao

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Black Sunshine posted:

Good to know the Washington team is still run by a petty rear end in a top hat. Here's to hoping they don't climb above.500 for a couple decades.

do people here seriously not know who dan snyder was or what kind of things he did

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Eh. I subscribe for Daniel Popper and SDSU stuff. Worth it for me

Dolphins don’t have a writer as far as I can tell so… yup

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

why does the larger coach not simply defeat the other coach in hand to hand combat

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Dan Campbell is 6'5, 265 lbs—props to the Lions for hiring such a beast.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Forrest on Fire posted:

He's Jim's son. I'm surprised he wouldn't have him on his staff but if he's a ST coordinator he might be too much like John for Jim to acknowledge like that

Honestly, good on him if he wants to build a career on his own instead of taking jobs that are always going to be tainted as nepotistic.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

romanowski posted:

do people here seriously not know who dan snyder was or what kind of things he did

What are you talking about? I clearly know about Snyder. He no longer owns the team. The new owner is already displaying petty bullshit behavior just like Snyder did early on. What am I missing here?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

why does the larger coach not simply defeat the other coach in hand to hand combat

I wouldn't bet against Andy Reid in this scenario. He just might unhinge his jaw and swallow a man whole.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
“Wow maybe we over-evaluated this candidate for these coaching jobs.”

“No!! He’s just too muscular!!”

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Right now the only thing Harris is better at than Snyder is not doing sex crimes (that we know of)

Still crying about the coach you didn't hire a full week later is the most bitchmade behavior I've seen in a long time

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Black Sunshine posted:

What are you talking about? I clearly know about Snyder. He no longer owns the team. The new owner is already displaying petty bullshit behavior just like Snyder did early on. What am I missing here?

even if the quote you're rsponding to came directly from harris himself it is not even remotely close to the same kind of petty and vindictive behavior that snyder exhibited

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Benne posted:

Right now the only thing Harris is better at than Snyder is not doing sex crimes (that we know of)

Still crying about the coach you didn't hire a full week later is the most bitchmade behavior I've seen in a long time

The worst since Mahomes crying to Josh Allen about the "worst call I've ever seen in my life" that was objectively a perfect call by the NFL rulebook for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Ben Johnson is such a good OC his single statement about the Commies being ran by clueless basketball guys has already derailed that entire franchise again, you love to see it