Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Speedboat Jones posted:

Trump is never funny on purpose

He's unintentionally funny quite often though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzRhcjOG1es
https://x.com/mackaytaggart/status/1307133025856167937?lang=en#m

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

:five:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Catastrophe posted:

They loosely organized an entire event based off of racist hatred. I can't feign surprise that a ton of sunglasses truckers acted like assholes because, get this, those people are objectively nonstop assholes.

The truck fuckers thing in Ottawa a couple years ago similarly collapsed into infighting and chaos for the exact same reasons before Trudeau finally sent the RCMP in to illegally crack some chud skulls.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:wow:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1754597786786451702

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Clip 1 - "I'm gonna kill so many people, lol."

Clip 2 - A surreal "Holy poo poo... I won." moment.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

nine-gear crow posted:

The truck fuckers thing in Ottawa a couple years ago similarly collapsed into infighting and chaos for the exact same reasons before Trudeau finally sent the RCMP in to illegally crack some chud skulls.
Did they ever get to the Ram Ranch?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
didnt the Canada truck thing also fail because the Canada Queen took all the money and ghosted them

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Speedboat Jones posted:

Trump is never funny on purpose

https://youtu.be/K1Q71k6fmts?si=uGTNTJWxrPi_6GiP

Are you sure about that?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

God, Tumbo's post absolutely reeks of "HEY EVERYONE I WAS PRESIDENT REMEMBER WHEN I WAS PRESIDENT? PRESIDENT!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

didnt the Canada truck thing also fail because the Canada Queen took all the money and ghosted them

Nah, that came later. The QAnon Queen became famous because of the Truck Tantrum, and then used her fame to tell her followers to stop paying their taxes and give HER all their money instead, so a bunch of people across Canada got hosed and/or arrested for tax evasion while she hosed off to some unfindable hovel in rural tundra Manitoba that was too remote for the cops to even bother trying to arrest her.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

nine-gear crow posted:

Nah, that came later. The QAnon Queen became famous because of the Truck Tantrum, and then used her fame to tell her followers to stop paying their taxes and give HER all their money instead, so a bunch of people across Canada got hosed and/or arrested for tax evasion while she hosed off to some unfindable hovel in rural tundra Manitoba that was too remote for the cops to even bother trying to arrest her.

i'm pretty sure she's an informant / controlled asset tbh

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

“Last night, at the very crack of the evening, we found that the Republican traitors — the spineless scum who call themselves Republicans but who, of course, are not, who are simply the whipping boys of a globalist order that wishes to see America not as a country, not as a place with a past and a history that we’re proud of. Every person who’s a Republican that touched this bill needs to lose their jobs immediately, needs to be criminally prosecuted. Quite literally. Like, there should be prosecutions for this. You wanna talk about insurrections? You wanna talk about traitors to our nation? Here’s a great example of what an insurrection looks like in practice.” – Newsmax host and far-right podcaster Benny Johnson.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I don’t see funny on purpose. I see angry pissbaby, which is unintentionally funny.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

...who cares what a grown-rear end man who still goes by "Benny" thinks? Even Shapiro goes by Ben, goddamn

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

You can’t pass legislation! THAT’S ILLEGAL!!!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Yes yes but which year?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Has Benny Johnson ever achieved or accomplished anything himself

All I can see is that he has been suckling off the right wing money spigot since like 210

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol Imagine willingly going by "Benny"

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
King Charles, and what a wonderful man, a great man, came up to me with tears In his eyes and said Mr. Trump sir they don’t know you like I do but I know you and you are so great and have been great to me and that’s what it’s all about isn’t it. All about the crown. They used to make them in iron but now they make them of plastic, like they make boats and gunships even out of plastic and make them run on cyber but we’re going to make them run on STEAM like in the good ol days. They won’t be smiling anymore that I can tell you. And it’s like the song says, you can’t always get what you want, BYE BYE!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

redshirt posted:

lol I'm never certain anyone here reads other people's posts.

Any Engoron news?

Would be cool if he got off his rear end and made a ruling already

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Accipiter posted:

Oh come on. That's 100% false.

There's a reason murderers are referred to as a "suspected murderer" before a conviction. You can't be found guilty of something until a court finds you guilty. Without a conviction, what exactly do the states have to say that anyone engaged in insurrection? "Well because that's what we believe happened." If you think that's an argument that will fly at the SCOTUS level, whew.

That only matters if being disqualified from the ballot was a punishment - it might feel like that to Trump, but it is not.

Whether Trump is qualified to be on the ballot is a matter of fact. I'm not qualified to be on the ballot either (because I haven't done the paperwork), am I being punished?

Trump doesn't need to be convicted of insurrection for the purposes of the 14th ammendment any more than, for instance, a deadbeat dad is "convicted" of fathering a child for the purposes of child support. Or, for instance, a judge hypothetically disqualifying Elon Musk or Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't "convicting" them of not being natural born citizens, the judge would simply be making a finding of fact.

In both cases, the court looks at the available evidence, like a paternity test, or the public record of Trumps actions, and makes a finding of fact. The court then makes a decision based on the law and the finding of fact.

Neither being disqualified from the ballot or having to pay child support is a punishment, although they might feel that way to the (lovely) person they happen to.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The king, he waited to be the King for so very long, but when he was the king it wasn't for very long, was it folks? and we were :sad:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

:byodame: Why won’t Crooked Joe tweet such a loving tribute? IMPEACH!

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

:eyepop:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
That goblin looking bitch saying everyone is scared of the truth about Putin is welcome to come here and say the same poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so are they actually gonna try to pass it in the senate now?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Goddamn it another day without a ruling for Engoron. I needs my lols.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

For the Good Of The Country (ME!)

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Very happy lenders (based on the lies I told them)

follow that camel!!
Jan 1, 2006

I'm so deep in the lore that I hope Taylor Swift buys a yacht, so Jacob Wohl can find some crew member who worked for her for years, finally ready to tell their story, and we can have another round of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth in time for the election.

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023

I misinterpreted the headline and thought he was talking about prosecuting the ones opposed to it for not securing the border and was briefly impressed that a Republican was capable of being ideologically consistent at least one time.

Lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

follow that camel!! posted:

I'm so deep in the lore that I hope Taylor Swift buys a yacht, so Jacob Wohl can find some crew member who worked for her for years, finally ready to tell their story, and we can have another round of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth in time for the election.

Only because it's Jacob Wohl, it's just one dude he found on Grindr and paid $10k to lie at a press conference that's instantly debunked while the press conference is happening live and he racks up another set of criminal charges for which he'll never see the inside of a jail cell for because he's some kind of eel-slick consequence-free nepobaby.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

“COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE IS GOING BANKRUPT, BUT NOT MINE THANKS TO ILLICIT MONEY FROM RUSSIA AND SAUDI ARABIA!!!”

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

"who are simply the whipping boys of a globalist order"

Every time I see this blatantly racist bullshit from these motherfuckers I want to crawl through my monitor and strangle the ever-loving piss out of their Hitler-rear end dumb loving asses.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Asterite34 posted:

...who cares what a grown-rear end man who still goes by "Benny" thinks? Even Shapiro goes by Ben, goddamn

Did you just impugn Benny Hill?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
the CBP union just endorsed the bill so now the republicans have to pretend to be anti-cop too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Stink Billyums posted:

the CBP union just endorsed the bill so now the republicans have to pretend to be anti-cop too

Like when the cops tried to stop them from hanging all the members of Congress and the Vice President?