Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
double posting for this good pass
https://twitter.com/PackMensBball/status/1754180263842615690?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Yeah that play ruled

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Illini really shouldnt have to go to OT to beat the Huskers at home.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Bird in a Blender posted:

The Illini really shouldn’t have to go to OT to beat the Huskers at home.

This entire year it seems like they just get tired and start settling for bad 3s. And I don't even think they took that many at the end, but that run by Nebraska to tie it was just embarrassing.

That Tominaga guy is legit, I had no idea Nebraska had him and at first I was thinking ha, he's tiny, this team with no one under 6'6" is gonna crush him. But nope

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Me:

https://twitter.com/brassbonanzaa/status/1753859631061901498

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
vibrant Monday work discussion about Daniel "Boo" Buie and all of his crimes

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Yoooo let's go

https://twitter.com/achristovichh/status/1754624940374901198

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
hell yeah

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
things about to get real interesting

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

well this is the highwater mark for UVAs season

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

Probably on the right side of the bubble for a bit

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

elentar posted:

The most Virginia rear end score I've ever seen.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ungratek posted:

Probably on the right side of the bubble for a bit

somebodys got to be the third team out of this mess

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kansas state is quite the enigma this year.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

elentar posted:

DraftKings was still offering Under 109.5 at +165 with five minutes left in the 1st half. I would have bet my house on it.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/ncaabuzzerbters/status/1754969640793780329?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Today is a classic Big Ten matchup, Rutgers (KenPom's #300 offense #3 defense) @ Maryland (#170 offense, #6 defense) . The over under is an Iowa football-esque 126.5.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Lol childs play. UVA had a under 100 game just last night

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

PotatoJudge posted:

Today is a classic Big Ten matchup, Rutgers (KenPom's #300 offense #3 defense) @ Maryland (#170 offense, #6 defense) . The over under is an Iowa football-esque 126.5.

This is the type of game rutgers wins lol

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

mcmagic posted:

This is the type of game rutgers wins lol

24-22 at the half, it's magnificent!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

24-22 at the half, it's magnificent!

both teams shooting under 30% from the field lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jeremiah Williams is a nice player man

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Big ten refs imposing their will on this game

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I went to a 40-39 Purdue loss at home to Northwestern in like 2005 or 2006 and it was like getting kicked directly in the dick

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

this is so loving fixed lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Good win, Beat the refs and Maryland.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Tobacco loving road

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Lol Tarheels. Probably not knocking them out of the top 10, but this one is gonna hurt.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

once upon a time Clemson winning in Chapel Hill would've been a stop the press sorta deal

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

elentar posted:

once upon a time Clemson winning in Chapel Hill would've been a stop the press sorta deal

Not just the press, last time it happened the world shut down shortly after

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

As usual, clones let a good lead slip almost all away, but still hung on to beat the longhorns. Any win on the road is a good one.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Let Robert Dillingham cook

edit
https://x.com/KentuckyMBB/status/1755068456054255698?s=20

https://x.com/KSRonX/status/1755047694098145657?s=20

I stan Rob Dillingham

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 7, 2024

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Chief McHeath posted:

I stan Rob Dillingham

:same:

Also happy to see Justin Edwards have a nice game

https://twitter.com/KSRonX/status/1755066505669079324?t=9JQ0Pq7YenbmiaWEh8Y6jQ&s=19

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

It's only the 2nd time they've ever done it and are now 2-60. Previous was in 2020.

Overall, Clemson is a sparkling 24-135 against the Tar Heels. Looking at the all-time scores, Clemson had only one win in he series from 1939-63.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bird in a Blender posted:

As usual, clones let a good lead slip almost all away, but still hung on to beat the longhorns. Any win on the road is a good one.

Texas didn't hit a single 3-pointer until 13 minutes into the second half. :psyduck:

We are definitely not going to the Sweet 16 this season.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 7, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

Texas didn't hit a single 3-pointer until 13 minutes into the second half. :psyduck:

We are definitely not going to the Sweet 16 this season.

Going to the NIT at this rate

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
With about 4 weeks to go, there's a 4 way tie at the top of the MWC with New Mexico, Utah State, Boise State, and San Diego State all sitting at 7-3. With it being nearly impossible for the top MWC teams to win on the road against the other top MWC teams, I'm glad SDSU has CSU, Boise, and New Mexico all making trips to San Diego for the back half of the schedule.

The MWC tournament is gonna be so fun

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

RC and Moon Pie posted:

It's only the 2nd time they've ever done it and are now 2-60. Previous was in 2020.

Overall, Clemson is a sparkling 24-135 against the Tar Heels. Looking at the all-time scores, Clemson had only one win in he series from 1939-63.

Other than the Duke game, I'm worried that the UNC team hasn't performed up to expectations recently. I hope it's just illness or something but we certainly don't look like a 3-seed. I'd expect a sweet sixteen loss at this rate.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

This database is taking forever to load this table, so here's an updated Big Ten breakdown. Most sites are showing 5-6 teams making it to the tournament, and that might be generous.

Tournament Locks
Illinois, Purdue, Wisconsin

Should be in:
Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern

All 3 are reliably in most bracket predictions, but Michigan State as started sliding into Last 4 In territory. Computer numbers love them, top 20 in KenPom & Torvik, 25 in NET, but just 2-7 in Quad 1 games. They have a big home game Saturday against Illinois. @Purdue, and home vs Northwestern are the only good games left on their schedule. Win 1 of those and they are for sure in, go 0-3, they have to run the table against the rest of their schedule to feel safe.

Nebraska and Northwestern play @NW tonight. This is a huge game for Nebraska, it's their last chance for a good road win, and a good win period. After tonight their best remaining games are at home against a suddenly frisky Minnesota and Rutgers. The dream of 10-0 home / 0-10 road probably won't come true thanks to trips to Ohio St and Michigan, but if it does Nebraska is going to be sweating on selection Sunday. Their weak non-conference schedule left them with little margin of error in conference play. They're 52 in NET with a 3-4 Quad 1 record and 3-3 quad 2. Not bad, but with all of those wins being at home and in conference gives the committee and excuse to bump them out. Thanks to a soft schedule after tonight's game they should be at or over 20 wins going into the conference tournament.

Northwestern is on better footing thanks to beating both Purdue and Illinois, but the loss to Minnesota keeps them from going up to the locked in category. Beating Nebraska tonight should get them over the hump. They also have a pretty soft finishing run except for a road trip to East Lansing.

Probably too late, but maybe if they win out
Iowa, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Rutgers

These teams have shaky to horrible computer numbers, get no help from their non-conference results. However, if they get hot they have enough matchups against the top of the conference that if they more or less run the table they'll be at 20+ wins with "momentum" that gives the committee the excuse they need to give a P6 conference an extra bid.

Iowa is #59 in NET. They have both Illinois games, home vs Wisconsin and at Michigan State and NW.

Indiana #99 in NET. At Purdue, home games with Northwestern, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Michigan State. Their so-so games are tough, @ Maryland, & Minnesota and a trip to Penn State who took down Wisconsin at home. They won't get much if they win those, and will be a dagger if they lose.

Maryland #84 in NET. Home against Illinois & Northwestern, a trip to Wisconsin

Minnesota #83 NET. Really kicking themselves for letting Wisconsin escape, but have won 3 straight since. Really brutal finishing schedule with trips to Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska and Northwestern.

Rutgers is #100 in NET. 2 matchups with Wisconsin, Northwestern at home, Purdue and Nebraska on the road.

Again, if any of those teams make it they'll need near sweeps of their finishing schedules, with at most losing a road game to the top teams, plus not bouncing out 1st round of the conference tournamet to do it.

Bringing up the rear

Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Michigan showed up for a second half