Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

any room in that senate bill for aid to the loser of another hopeless war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

This person has brain damage

Yeah and it’s awesome lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

spaceblancmange posted:

any room in that senate bill for aid to the loser of another hopeless war?

Inshallah.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I wish people wouldn't freak the gently caress out every time a rumor like this happens. It's like when my dad misses an exit and acts like his cancer came back.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but making mediocre exclusives are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by selling good games. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Redfall for either system, nor will they purchase any of Microsoft’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.
Microsoft, publicly apologize and cancel Redfall for PS5 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
*drool trickling out one side of my mouth* I will have to rebuy all my games on playstation because Phil Spencer is coming to my house to confiscate my series x at gunpoint

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

This is your brain on Twitter rumors

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but making mediocre exclusives are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by selling good games. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Redfall for either system, nor will they purchase any of Microsoft’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.
Microsoft, publicly apologize and cancel Redfall for PS5 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Best post in this thread.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Professor Beetus posted:

*drool trickling out one side of my mouth* I will have to rebuy all my games on playstation because Phil Spencer is coming to my house to confiscate my series x at gunpoint

What kind of gun?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
A halo needler

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Professor Beetus posted:

I'd rebuy Gunpoint (and the rest of Tom Francis's Defenestration Trilogy) if it came out on Xbox

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

With a new opening in the console space it's finally time for Sega to make their glorious comeback :pray:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
https://youtu.be/UgADDXyWJEE?si=Gkcp_tI77yQ_BaoK

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lammasu posted:

What kind of gun?

hatty posted:

A halo needler

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Sega is buying Xbox with all the Yakuza money.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

lol I just checked and have 671 titles in my library. Sorry, Microsoft, I tried.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

404notfound posted:

I'd rebuy Gunpoint (and the rest of Tom Francis's Defenestration Trilogy) if it came out on Xbox

Re buying a game or two for whatever reason is different than whatever brain worms cause you to want to rebuy literally your entire library on a new system because of a rumor that there won't be a next Xbox. NGL I have an original Xbox, a 360, and a one x still in my house, plus my series x. I can still play games on all those systems! I don't need them on steam or on playstation or whatever

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Seltzer posted:

Australian Dollar complainers always annoy me because they somehow dont understand that all dollars arent the same. 100 AUD is $64.82 USD

no matter what the exchange rate is, plus our flat 10% sales tax there is a mysterious additional 'australia tax' on top

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

spaceblancmange posted:

no matter what the exchange rate is, plus our flat 10% sales tax there is a mysterious additional 'australia tax' on top

Also relative salaries don't necessarily correspond, especially if there were strong currency value fluctuations. At the end of the day, in Canada the PS4 launched costing $399 with $60 games (which were even $50 tax-free on PSN due to a deal they had going at the time), whereas now games are over $90 each (over $100 after taxes) and people did not get anything close to a 50% pay rise in that time. The fact that those dollar amounts are roughly equivalent in US exchange for their respective time periods is irrelevant.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

spaceblancmange posted:

US has sales tax added on also.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

redfall: bite back edition is $165 australian dollars

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

spaceblancmange posted:

Small market full of riches.

spaceblancmange posted:

Lol lmao

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

spaceblancmange posted:

I'll sell you my copy for $164 AUD.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

If they sold it as a ‘thank you Phil edition’ I’d buy it just to help out Xbox in any way I can

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

$32 off when subscribed to game pass

game pass stays winning

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It was $100usd which floats around $160aud so who gives a poo poo?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

JBP posted:

It was $100usd which floats around $160aud so who gives a poo poo?

i think it is funny because it is a bad game that costs a ridiculous amount of money

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
The rumor is that Microsoft will have someone else manufacture Xboxes, not that there will be no more Xbox. Am I correct here?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

spaceblancmange posted:

Worth it for the additional characters that they promised in the Hero Pass.

(No, they still haven't said anything about them, nearly 9 months later)

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I need to play Redfall again to get my game score an even number again.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lammasu posted:

The rumor is that Microsoft will have someone else manufacture Xboxes, not that there will be no more Xbox. Am I correct here?

Yeah, but none of the hardware stuff has been corroborated.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lammasu posted:

There are rumors about everything, although I think getting other people to manufacture Xboxes this late is probably a bad idea given how finnicky games are. I think there are over 4000 different games on Xbox when accounting for OG/360/XB1/Series and a bunch of them (especially things like launch-era XB1 games) are definitely the kind of jank where they barely work on the stock Microsoft-built consoles and will poo poo themselves running on a system that happens to be built ever-so-slightly differently.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

univbee posted:

There are rumors about everything, although I think getting other people to manufacture Xboxes this late is probably a bad idea given how finnicky games are. I think there are over 4000 different games on Xbox when accounting for OG/360/XB1/Series and a bunch of them (especially things like launch-era XB1 games) are definitely the kind of jank where they barely work on the stock Microsoft-built consoles and will poo poo themselves running on a system that happens to be built ever-so-slightly differently.

So people are freaking out over nothing?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lammasu posted:

i could see microsoft letting tv makers incorporate xbox into smart tvs, which is one of the rumors.

i do think xbox as a dedicated console is dead after this generation and i would not be surprised if they stop making the series consoles in the next year or two.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lammasu posted:

Idk about hardware but the software going third party rumour is somewhat compelling and Phil called yet another Microsoft business zoom for The Gamers fairly quickly so there's something up.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lammasu posted:

it's more that the rumors of xbox going third party sort of blew up a bunch today and phil spencer's reply was to post an almost verbatim quote of what sega said when they announced the press release where they killed dreamcast

like, spencer's tweet lends more credence to these rumors than anything else ever could

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The rumors about a third party making the new Xbox is the least realistic. If Microsoft can’t sell Xbox then who would do better? Apple? They’re gonna buy Nintendo or get their games eventually not Xbox

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Shammypants posted:

The rumors about a third party making the new Xbox is the least realistic. If Microsoft can’t sell Xbox then who would do better? Apple? They’re gonna buy Nintendo or get their games eventually not Xbox
Get ready for the Sony XBox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does anything actually change if Xbox goes third party? It’s not like they have a big market share outside of NA anyway right?