Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/TheKipSabian/status/1754585297810071914

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Majinfoose posted:

Y'all were dope AF Jiro.

The show was so good, wish I would've made the five hour drive to it.

Man Central Tx usually gets all the kick rear end shows.

https://youtu.be/PtkH_7OwLww?si=sy10sUap9SJ50bKu

Asked in the AEW thread, and I'll ask here. Anyone got a lead on the music Hechicero came out to? It's a loving banger.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jiro posted:

Anyone got a lead on the music Hechicero came out to? It's a loving banger.

go toot at rukus, see if hell respond

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

graph posted:

go toot at rukus, see if hell respond

I don't have toots, never made an account.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Get this dude an account and have him post in the retro games thread

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Dude praised the soundtrack and couldn't even post an excerpt. Boomer level posting. Abysmal.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whoa - never heard this story before.

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1754535189345182036

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
What could've been: https://twitter.com/_kennythoughts/status/1754634460505501775

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tom's Twitch show is a pro watch, BTW. We have a lot of fun with the WCW b-shows and oddball indie stuff.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

….. so everyone at the show just got to inhale dead guy

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dawgstar posted:

Tom's Twitch show is a pro watch, BTW. We have a lot of fun with the WCW b-shows and oddball indie stuff.

Yeah, it’s great! A while back he was giving access to his WCW google drive which also rules and if I ever make the homebrew TV station in my house that’s for sure going to be in there.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, it’s great! A while back he was giving access to his WCW google drive which also rules and if I ever make the homebrew TV station in my house that’s for sure going to be in there.

It's such a great drive. The MTV WCW specials are especially worth it. There's only two of them but they are so bizarre, and Raven spends one of them very clearly hating his life and talking poo poo about Madonna. Hilarious.

That Brian Hildebrand story is really nice. I knew about him but didn't know the pyro part. Great stuff.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

does a recording exist of WCW Malice at the Palace because if so it needs to be sent to Deadlock immediately

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's such a great drive. The MTV WCW specials are especially worth it. There's only two of them but they are so bizarre, and Raven spends one of them very clearly hating his life and talking poo poo about Madonna. Hilarious.

I saw that one as it happened and for years it was one of those super obscure things that nobody else remembered. It's become slightly more well-known over time, but there used to be only one review of the show online and a YouTube clip of the only match on it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is that the same one where DDP was on Total Request Live or something and Raven ambushed him, DDT’ing him through a coffee table? Because for 16 year old (or however old I was) me, that was the crossover event of a lifetime.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I remember the one where wcw had the battle royale while Fear Factory played.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

The_Rob posted:

That was loving awesome

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

All of the WCW/MTV crossover stuff felt so cool in a way that sort of thing never does and probably hasn’t yet. Is it just nostalgia? Maybe. But man, it hosed whipped.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is that the same one where DDP was on Total Request Live or something and Raven ambushed him, DDT’ing him through a coffee table? Because for 16 year old (or however old I was) me, that was the crossover event of a lifetime.

No, but it was around that time.

It was meant to be a three-hour show with a tournament where wrestlers would be represented by music videos. The match-ups would either be regular matches or fans calling in to vote. The problem was that it was outside and it was down-pouring like crazy. They did one match, a tag match with Public Enemy and High Voltage, but they were slipping around and afterwards they scrapped doing any more matches. The show was cut to two hours and it was nothing but wrestlers coming to the ring, telling fans to vote for whatever artist they were attached to, rinse, repeat.

It ended with DDP and Raven brawling just to give us something.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The crossover aspect still whips now, I didn't watch it as it aired because I wasn't into wrestling at the time but even seeing it in a modern context it feels so cool. There's some cheese to it but the crossover aspect of it all has such great energy. I don't know what the equivalent of it would be today. Maybe the AEW/CEO crossover, maybe Kenny Omega as Sans? Either way it would be cool if a modern day version of the Snowbrawl and Beach Brawl could happen.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
https://www.facebook.com/stories/169838307839853/UzpfSVNDOjM1Mzk2NzMyMDg1MTc0MA==/?view_single=1&source=shared_permalink&mibextid=XUfhQ2

Went to Facebook because I had a comment, got jump scared by Hogan.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The_Rob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mQCjD5bzvM&t=561s

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

aaaaaaaaahahahahah this owns

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Was that also the MTV Spring Break where someone threw rocks at Hall and Nash and they ran off stage to beat his rear end?

That's my MTV/WCW memory. (Although seeing it posted I do remember the battle royal)

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
This is not Jinder Mahal and he did not posted this.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Paying2Lurk posted:

This is not Jinder Mahal and he did not posted this.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hell yeah

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
hosed up that the real jinder really said that tbqh

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Tired: Jinder Mahal
Wired: Jjnder Mahal

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

hosed up that the real jinder really said that tbqh

really hosed up, imho

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

dudes will watch this and just think "hell yeah"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jinjer Masnaps

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Bless and it was when Fear Factory released bangers (Obsolete/Demanufacture are great albums, the rest not so much)

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

stab posted:

Bless and it was when Fear Factory released bangers (Obsolete/Demanufacture are great albums, the rest not so much)

Archetype and Digimortal don't come close even though they had some solid tracks, but yeah they fell off fast. I guess infighting and lawsuits will do that though :lol:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

hell yeah!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ozymandius1024 posted:

Archetype and Digimortal don't come close even though they had some solid tracks, but yeah they fell off fast. I guess infighting and lawsuits will do that though :lol:

Digimortal is a great nu metal album and Archetype is a great gently caress our fans album. Their stuff after that isn't amazing but their drama is. Love that hater filled band.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

stab posted:

Shocking disrespect to Soul of a New Machine.
Digimortal is one of those albums like The Burning Red that is just really funny to listen to now

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

forkboy84 posted:

Shocking disrespect to Soul of a New Machine.

I saw Fear Factory on their first overseas tour for that album, I think it was either late '92 or early '93. I saw them at the London Marquee, they were doing a co-headlining tour with Brutal Truth, and the opener was Optimum Wound Profile (the industrial metal side project of a couple of the guys from Extreme Noise Terror). Since I was a fan of all three bands (all of their debut albums had released fairly close to each other), it was quite a pleasant evening of getting my hearing wrecked. I ran into Burton C. Bell and Dino Cazares when I had to leave to catch my train, and Burton was a super nice guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Watch to the end for WON HoFer and Marvelous camera person Chigusa Nagayo's comments
https://twitter.com/Iversen83/status/1753516139836068141