Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Aww. Will you still at least explain the extra wrinkles hard throws in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

BisbyWorl posted:

Okay so I have to do some side recordings to make sure I cover everything, and I decided to just blitz through everything on Casual.

As it turns out, you can't right click to set a rally point on Casual. You have to use the actual Set Rally Point and Set Drone Rally Point keys.

It loving sucks!

why

the gently caress????

:psyduck: why would they do that?!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm assuming the point is to prevent newbie players from accidentally rallying their SCV's off to a distant corner of the map? Does sound annoying when you're used to just right-clicking though.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Felinoid posted:

Aww. Will you still at least explain the extra wrinkles hard throws in?

Honestly, no, because those early ones in Wings were the only ones I knew off the top of my head and I'm not replaying things just to compare the moment to moment details.

Also, Hatcheries on Casual cap out at 9 larvae instead of 6.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Fair enough. And I can certainly understand the desire to get through this malarkey at double speed.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

BisbyWorl posted:

Also, Hatcheries on Casual cap out at 9 larvae instead of 6.

I think that's also the case on normal - that's what I played, and i remember having one larva on the second line in the UI whenever i selected all of them.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Tenebrais posted:

That sounds like a bit much gameplay for a three-mission gimmick faction, but it would be cool if e.g. when a primal zergling kills one of your non-zergling units it turns into the primal version of that unit.

There's a definite tension here between wanting the Primal Zerg to be interestingly different from the familiar zerg, and them being the main representation of ZvZ in this campaign. The more you lean into them being unique, the further you lean away from Starcraft faction battles. Honestly, it's just more reason the concept would have been better if they were an offshoot from the Overmind's swarm than something that existed before it. You could still have the spiritual purpose of them being the pure, uncorrupted zerg that lack the corrupted influence of Amon, The Fallen Xel'Naga that Kerrigan is here to adopt and have less corruption.

On the one hand, I am familiar with How The Sausage is Made in game development, so I am aware of just how much work it would be to do this faction right, how much time, effort, and money it would take.

On the other hand, it's loving Blizzard, it wasn't like they lacked the money or developers to do this right. They chose not to spend those resources on it, and if they don't care to make the primal zerg interesting in some way that justifies the mission chain, I don't have a lot of sympathy for it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The thing is, they very easily could have done that. Look at all these model variants they made off of the Primal Zerg model!

In no particular order and not counting the co-op models, the major variations are:

• Club Tail
  • Shark Tail
  • Ridge Tail
  • Swan Tail
  • No Tail
  • Large Bone Horns
  • Small Bone Horns
  • Long Spike Horn
  • Blade Horn
  • No Horn
  • Bone Crest
  • Spine Crest
  • No Crest
  • Bare Shoulders
  • Carapace Shoulders
  • Single Fin Back
  • Dual Fin Back
  • Bare Back
  • Ridge Spine Back
  • Bone Spine Back
  • Spike Spine Back
  • Bare Back
  • Red Skin
  • Green Skin
  • Blue Skin
  • Purple Skin

That is way more than enough variety to create a faction that mutates into unique forms branched off of a central basis.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

So I decided to go back and add in all the 10th anniversary achievements to each mission. The list so far consists of:

• Quick Sign Off - Destroy all 6 Dominion Holoboards in the "Liberation Day" mission in less than 3 minutes on Normal difficulty.
  • No Quarter - Complete "The Outlaws" mission without building additional Barracks on Normal difficulty.
  • A Strong Offense - Destroy 8 Zerg Hatcheries in the "Zero Hour" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • No Smash, Only Grab - Gather all 4 Protoss relics without destroying a Zerg structure in the "Smash and Grab" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • The Great Purge - Destroy all Zerg Structures in the "The Evacuation" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • 23 Minutes Later - Complete the "Outbreak" mission on Normal difficulty before the 4th night.
  • Starve the Beast - Kill the Brutalisk without losing a unit to it in "The Devils Playground" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • Rocket Queen - Complete the "Welcome to the Jungle" mission in less than 14 minutes on Normal difficulty.
  • Thanks for the Advice - Complete "The Dig" mission without killing an enemy unit or structure with the Laser Drill on Normal difficulty.
  • Blink Blink Revolution - Activate the third Xel'Naga Shrine in the "Whispers of Doom" mission without losing a Stalker on Normal difficulty.
  • The Way of the Nerazim - Kill 30 enemy units or structures with Dark Templar in the "A Sinister Turn" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • The Quick and the Dead - Activate 2 Tendrils in the "Echoes of the Future" mission within 4 minutes on Normal difficulty.
  • Grounded and Scared - Complete the "In Utter Darkness" mission without building a unit from a Stargate on Normal difficulty.
  • Love the Bomb - Kill a total of 50 units with Nuclear Strikes in the "Breakout" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • Many Shots, Two Kills - Kill 2 Spectres with Reapers in the "Ghost of a Chance" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • Fewer Hands, Bigger Cut - Complete "The Great Train Robbery" mission without building an SCV on Normal difficulty.
  • I'll Do It Myself - Destroy Orlan's Mercenary Fortress in the "Cutthroat" mission before Han's mercenaries are hired on Normal difficulty.
  • Limited Warranty - Repair less than 5000 damage on the Odin in the "Engine of Destruction" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • Count to Three, No More, No Less - Kill 40 enemy units with weapon pickups in the "Piercing the Shroud" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • Contract Saviors - Complete "The Moebius Factor" mission by training only SCVs, Medivacs, and Mercenaries on Normal difficulty.
  • Aerial Superiority - Complete the "Supernova" mission without building a unit from a Barracks or Factory on Normal difficulty.
  • The Most Powerful Terran in the Universe - Destroy all enemy structures in the "Maw of the Void" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • Raid & Plunder - Destroy 50 enemy structures with Vikings in the "Haven's Fall" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • Rip Them All Down - Kill 50 enemy units with Vikings in the "Safe Haven" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • Band of Brothers - Rescue Warfield in the "Gates of Hell" mission while only training SCVs, Medics, Medivacs, Hercules, Ravens, Science Vessels, and Mercenaries on Normal difficulty.
  • Bam-Ba-Lan - Kill 100 enemy units with Flaming Bettys in the "Belly of the Beast" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • The Harder They Fall - Destroy the Leviathan in the "Shatter the Sky" mission within 2 minutes of it appearing on Normal difficulty.
  • Antiquitous Artifact - Complete the "All In" mission without using the Artifact on Normal difficulty.
  • Eradicator? Eradicated! - Destroy the Eradicator in the "Lab Rat" mission in less than 8 minutes on Normal difficulty.
  • Giddyup! - Complete the "Back in the Saddle" mission in less than 15 minutes on Normal difficulty.
  • Rolling Out the Carpet - Build 50 Creep Tumors in the "Rendezvous" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • Cold Rush - Complete the "Harvest of Screams" mission in less than 9 minutes on Normal difficulty.
  • Failure to Launch - Destroy a Protoss Docking Bay in less than 11 minutes in the "Shoot the Messanger" mission on Normal difficulty.
  • Queen Rush - Complete the "Enemy Within" mission in less than 13 minutes on Normal difficulty.
  • Don't Look Up - Control 70 Mutalisks at the same time within 20 minutes in the "Waking the Ancient" mission on Normal difficulty.

SteveSteveSteve
Sep 6, 2023
Some of those anniversary ones were HARD, especially some of the timer based ones. Even thinking about them and the grind it took for all of them gives me nightmares.

Completing all of them gives you a character we will meet much later as an announcer, I think the last Blizzard made before they slowed support for the game.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

BisbyWorl posted:

• Contract Saviors - Complete "The Moebius Factor" mission by training only SCVs, Medivacs, and Mercenaries on Normal difficulty.

This one was bugged when it was released, and it counted the AI's units as well as yours. It was effectively impossible, until a whole bunch of people who wanted their achievements made a route that killed one egg and all 3 buildings before any other eggs could hatch. Which was faster than the speedrun route at the time.

They're all doable on Normal, at least, except one in the Nova DLC that doesn't spawn enough enemies.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I thought the HotS anniversary missions were for Hard mode, not normal. Oh God did I work way too hard on them for nothing?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GodFish posted:

I thought the HotS anniversary missions were for Hard mode, not normal. Oh God did I work way too hard on them for nothing?

No, you worked way too hard on them for bragging rights. :v:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

GodFish posted:

Honestly I was surprised too when I realized. Admittedly though, I find normal a bit boring at this point. Too slow.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

GodFish posted:

I did all the WoL ones on Brutal, haven't tried the other campaigns yet.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I find normal far too easy but the challenges to be quite difficult on Hard, at least for zerg because I'm by far the worst at them and a lot of them are pretty tight timers.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Unit Spotlight: Roach

Overview:
  • Cost: 75 minerals, 25 gas, 2 supply
  • Prereq Structure: Roach Warren
  • Health: 120
  • Armor: 1 (+1)
  • Movement Speed: 2.25
  • Creep Multiplier: 1.3
  • Attack: 16 (+2)
  • Range: 4
  • Attack Speed: 2
  • Attributes: Biological, Armored
The Roach is... in an awkward spot before you get the evolution. Because while it's meant to be a big bulky tank, the Swarm Queen just sorta... does their job better? She has more health, equal armor and has the same DPS against ground targets (although the Swarm Queen is dinged twice by armor), but can also hit air and heal the rest of the army on top of that. The only real benefit the vanilla Roach has is that it costs half as much to make as a Swarm Queen.

Evolution Pool Upgrades:

Hydriodic Bile
  • Effect: Roach deals +8 damage vs Light units.
Base composition of roach acidic saliva identical to that of zantar slug. Highly corrosive. Can alter chemical compound. Systematically evolve bile duct membranes, force production of hydriodic bile. Upon contact, will melt tissue, fiesh, bone. Dissolve poorly armored foes.

Good on the surface, since 24 damage a shot will let it two shot a Marine in this predominantly ZvT campaign, but on higher difficulties the Dominion can and will use Armory upgrades on their own units which forces the Roach back to a three shot.

I guess it's also useful against Zealots, but there are only four ZvP missions in Heart, one of them unlocks the Roach in the first place and another gives you a limitless number of units so you don't need the bulk of a Roach to begin with.

Adaptive Plating
  • Effect: Roach gains +3 armor when under 50% health.
Roach carapace effective. Improvement difficult. Requires redesign, alternate carapace structure. Can use modular plates to protect roach, provide equivalent defense. When roach wounded, adaptive plates react to blood flow, thicken. Ensure survival.

Okay, so the Roach can actually work as a tank now, with a massive 7 armor once you unlock level 3 upgrades!

Eeeeeeeeeexcept it runs right back into the issue we've been seeing ever since Vanadium Plating, where a more lethal army is better than a bulkier army. Still probably the best of the three just as a set-and-forget type deal.

Tunneling Claws
  • Effect: Roach can move while burrowed. Life regeneration rate while burrowed increased by 100%.
Can enhance roach utility, several key evolutions. Able to evolve tunneling claws, series of spiracles lining carapace. Will allow roach to tear through terrain while burrowed, draw additional nutrients from soil. Combination provides strategic advantage.

Moving while burrowed is incredibly niche in campaign, and an increase to regen speed only matters if you're burrowing mid-combat. And even then, with Swarm Queens flinging heals around you'll only shave off a few moments before they can unburrow.

Evolutions

Corpser
Recovered scantipede essence. Scantipede itself unremarkable. Parasite within more interesting. Sequences allow roach to inject microscopic parasites. Acidic saliva melts away flesh. Allows parasite to burrow within host and gestate. Upon death, roachlings break free. Emerge from any available orifice. Extremely efficient.

Infest Roachlings
  • Effect: Enemies attacked by Corpsers spawn two Roachlings on death. Roachlings are melee units with 45 life, 2 (+1) damage, 0 (+1) armor, 3.8 speed, and live for 30 seconds.
Turn enemy dudes into your own dudes that can nibble on other enemies. They deal jack for damage, but they outspeed even base Zerglings so they'll always be the first units to pull aggro. It even has built-in scaling for endgame, as bigger attack waves means more potential Roachlings.

Vile
Toxic ingesting, successful. Adaptation has produced powerful roach variant. Chemical byproducts of microbes altered compounds of acidic saliva. Constrictive agents will coat target as roach attacks. As newer layers apply, previous layers harden and tighten. Movement becomes difficult. Attacks less frequent. Debilitates enemies.

Debilitating Saliva
  • Effect: Enemies attacked by Vile Roaches have a 75% penalty to movement and attack speed for several seconds. Heroic units only have a 20% penalty.
Where Corpsers want a lot of little enemies up front to make a swarm of Roachlings, Viles want to face high power units to immediately kneecap their damage output. Both are good choices depending on what you want.

Field Manual Artwork

Not seen in Heart, but Legacy adds in the Ravager as a new unit the Roach can morph into so I'll throw the art in here.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the Ravager's backhole is clearly not its mouth, and so puke can be ruled out; given its general anatomy, the likelihood of a dorsal cloaca or butthole--and thereby, poop--is also extremely low

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Roaches were the bane of my existence in WoL multiplayer

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
The tunneling claws can be very useful couple of times, when you send a team of roaches forward to snipe dangerous enemy unit (say a high templar). But mostly the upgrade is good for making "roach battery" for units that have Consume.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
One cute detail with the evolutions: you'll notice that one is always colored green and one is colored purple, and it's often a choice between green offering tricks or utility and purple offering direct power.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I.... never realized that. :saddowns:

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Tunneling claws would be a lot better if Kerrigan didn’t exist so you had more reason to micro your other units. Could use burrow more effectively in the way that you micro Blink Stalkers to pull damage ones back midfight to get targeting off them.

Something I really hate about Heart of the Swarm is anytime you’re not microing Kerrigan in a fight you’re vastly cutting down your combat strength so it’s really hard to justify bothering with anything in the rest of your army that you can’t A Move at the enemy.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
There are modded versions of the campaigns and one of the more interesting HotS ones just... has Kerrigan sit around the base as an unselectable unit and turns her level upgrades into a choice of passive bonuses/unlocks.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Whenever Kerrigan isn't being microed, the other units should be saying "Where's Kerrigan?"

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

Cythereal posted:

One cute detail with the evolutions: you'll notice that one is always colored green and one is colored purple, and it's often a choice between green offering tricks or utility and purple offering direct power.

Oh, that's fab! I like that. Subtle visual shortcuts for defining upgrades is really good design.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Note however, that it's not ALWAYS the case with those. I can think of at least one example where that relationship is reversed - and one where neither one is tricks, just two different varieties of power. But we'll get there.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

painedforever posted:

Oh, that's fab! I like that. Subtle visual shortcuts for defining upgrades is really good design.

It's not a perfect visual tell, there's a couple cases where the utility vs power choice is ambiguous like the roach, but yeah as a general rule the green choice adds some new functionality or ability or generally changes how the unit works, while the purple choice is typically the-same-thing-but-better.

Zerglings, the green choice is the swarmlings while the purple choice is the raptor.

Roaches, as seen here, corpsers are green and viles are purple.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Isn't that backwards, then? Raptors get a bunch of added abilities, while Swarmlings are literally just the Zergling increased by 50%.

the only way swarmlings could even be considered a utility upgrade would be if they somehow contributed to baneling strats, but I have no way to know whether that's the case

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

orange got did dirty

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Isn't that backwards, then? Raptors get a bunch of added abilities, while Swarmlings are literally just the Zergling increased by 50%.

Swarmlings are the 'get more zerglings for the same price.'

Raptors are a straight stat improvement plus a jump.

That's how I see it at any rate.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

GunnerJ posted:

There are modded versions of the campaigns and one of the more interesting HotS ones just... has Kerrigan sit around the base as an unselectable unit and turns her level upgrades into a choice of passive bonuses/unlocks.

Ah yes, one of the Crew mods. Leviathan Crew this one is called, if I recall correctly. I've played only Hyperion Crew and it is awesome.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

the only way swarmlings could even be considered a utility upgrade would be if they somehow contributed to baneling strats, but I have no way to know whether that's the case

Raptors are straight power in that the leap and +2 damage just make them Better. Swarmlings also morph almost instantly, so apart from the aforementioned Baneling Strats, they become, as most people have pointed out, your vague panic button. It's really more 'utility for the swarm' than the unit, especially for these early units that we'll see become a lot less functional as we get further into the campaign.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Hey, do the manual's ESSENCES count. Cause I spy at least two.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

RedSnapper posted:

Hey, do the manual's ESSENCES count. Cause I spy at least two.

I'm going to say no, mostly for my sanity and also to keep things in-game. I'd have to redo the counts on three separate things if I counted these.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Zerus 2: The Crucible

Video: The Crucible

Time to see if Zerus' power is all it's cracked up to be.

Power to kill Mengsk. Tell me what I must do.

Abathur, send me the creature you've been working on - the swarm host.

Essence Count: 25

We saw the Swarm Host last time, and now Abathur's stolen the design for the Swarm's use.

Oh, the hypocrisy.

An important thing to note is that Swarm Hosts do not have the Burrow command all the other zerg share, instead having Root.

That's because unlike the others, a rooted Swarm Host is still visible. If the enemy is able to get past the Locusts they spawn they don't need any form of detection to attack the Swarm Host.

The marked circles around them indicated their automatic spawning range if an enemy gets close, but I can use the Spawn Locusts key that's popped up to send the Locusts out early if I see an attack coming.

Their weapon info is also a bit misleading, as it lists the damage of the Locusts but the range and cooldown of the Host's ability to spawn them. The Locust itself has 50 life, a range of 3 and attack speed of 0.43, making them rather high damage!

Once an enemy steps into range the Hosts pop out two eggs each.

After a second the Locusts hatch and automatically attack-move towards where the enemy approached from.

Locusts have a 15 second timed life, which lines up with the Host's spawn rate.

And that's the only pack of enemies in this segment.

Essence Count: 26

Good thing the Swarm was setting up a base just offscreen while this was happening!

Kerrigan is now stuck in the Chrysalis for 25 minutes, and won't be able to directly help for the rest of the mission.

Key word here being directly. Whatever passive she has on will still work.

The Crucible is pretty much the first part of Agent of the Swarm (the zerg mission in SC1 where, surprise surprise, you have to protect Kerrigan's Chrysalis) extended into a full mission.

Those two obvious map entrances on the left will have Brakk's remnants charge in.

I think you can tell what the gimmick of this mission is by now.

The Spine Crawlers give a bit more damage, but more importantly they keep the enemy away from my pricey Swarm Hosts between Locust waves.

drat, I wonder what this suspiciously breakable rock near this third entrance to my base means.

The annoying thing about the map layout is that I can't spread creep over the pool, so moving my Crawlers from one entrance to another takes ages since their movement speed plummets if they move a single claw off creep.

From the bottom right, a new pack walks in.

While more of Brakk's remnants start pouring in from the opposite side.

Essence Count: 27

We must remain focused on protecting the chrysalis.

Thankfully, the primals coming in from the bottom corners will focus more on killing each other than trying to kill me.

I made a few Zerglings to make use of Reconstitution.

Essence Count: 28

Despite the different colors, Yagdra's pack is identical to Brakk's remnants.

And despite being right next to the path, Yagdra will only send a few small attacks at the expansion during the mission so I don't have to invest much in defense unlike The Dig or In Utter Darkness.

Swarm Hosts be expensive.

Essence Count: 29

Can use. Spawn many locusts to defend hive cluster from primal attacks.

Another wave of primal zerg is inbound. Spawn the locusts now.

Shortly after that Brakk's pack prepares a massive push and we get another Timed Defense Button like the energy nova from All In.

New button!

Essence Count: 30

The Primal Locusts fly down whichever lanes are currently being attacked and bombard any enemy they come across. They don't last long enough to clear out an entire wave, but only 4-5 primals will be left standing by the time the locusts die and they'll be pushed back far enough for my Swarm Hosts to recharge.

At this point I can start working on getting each entrance enough defenders to leave them there full time.

Eh, they start you off with a Spore Crawler on each side, and that's enough for the first attack.

At around 14:30 left on the timer the bonus objective starts and the bottom of the map is revealed.

Tyrannozor. Savage. Extreme physical prowess. Essence useful, must acquire.

Essence Count: 31

That will not be easy. We will have to cross the battle between Brakk and Yagdra's packs.

Big guy shows up, kill it, done. The running battle going on won't matter considering we, you know, got Mutalisks just last mission. The only thing that can hit them are Hydralisks, and they'll only have a few seconds to attack before I'm past them.

Just hit the Locust button, it'll be fine.

Turns out Yagdra sends Mutalisks at the expansion.

While all this has been going on I've been making a bunch of Mutas to deal with the Tyrannozor.

While it's constantly picking fights with Quillgors that walk up to it, the Tyrannozor has enough regen to ignore the chip damage they deal so you can't wait for it to get worn down.

Were they expecting the player to send a pack of Zerglings over or something?

The Tyrannozor attacks multiple targets, stopping me from just having a few Mutas chip it down.

But with enough bodies, anything is possible.

Essence Count: 32

And now I can make Swarm Hosts for the rest of the mission.

drat, I wonder what will happen in the near future.

drat, what are the odds.

Although the rocks blocking the path cut both ways, leaving the Locusts unable to get over to them.

Either way, at this point I have enough Swarm Hosts that I can safely split them three ways for the rest of the mission.

Six minutes left.

The Crucible is just sorta boring as a mission, honestly. It runs into the Wings problem where the devs can't tell what missions you've done prior so it has to softball things. It knows you'll have Mutalisks and Swarm Hosts here, so that's what the mission is designed around.

Once you have enough stuff to defend each entrance the mission is over, but they still make you sit through the last six minutes.

It's not Zero Hour bad, but it's worse than The Dig.

Essence Count: 33

The last of Brakk's remnants get wiped out.

Essence Count: 34

And Yagdra's pack starts to come in from the left side.

And here's the part where they constantly stream in for the last few minutes.

They also show off a second new unit!

It's also a skirmish unit the zerg got in Heart, albeit a modified one akin to the Swarm Queen with some tweaked spells and an anti-air attack.

We get a preview of what they can do, at least.

For the last minute the chrysalis starts glowing and pulsating.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand...

Done.

Kerrigan's transformation gets a cinematic, naturally.

And Kerrigan's new form, born of the power of Zerus is-!

The exact loving same as the Queen of Blades!

Right down to the loving organic high heels!

Ignore the fact that the Queen of Blades is explicitly described as being designed by Abathur in this very game!

Everyone knows Kerrigan's iconic look, and by god is Blizzard going to stick with it!

So all Zerus amounts to is getting Kerrigan her old look back and slapping a coat of purple paint on her!

Dramatic cut to Mengsk!

He just watches the rain as the camera slowly pulls back.

Revealing a familiar artifact in his possession.

The Crucible - Complete the "The Crucible" mission in the Heart of the Swarm campaign.

Epic Meal Time - Kill 75 enemy units with Primal Spawn Locusts in “The Crucible” mission.

Can't Touch This Chrysalis - Complete “The Crucible” mission without Kerrigan’s Chrysalis taking damage on Normal difficulty.

Short Life Expectancy - Kill the Tyrannozor in under 1 minute after it appears in “The Crucible” mission on Hard difficulty.

Entomophobia - Complete "The Crucible" mission without spawning Primordial Spawn Locusts on Normal difficulty.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
All those missions we spent in WoL turning Kerrigan into a human feel like a super productive way to have spent our time now that she's been turned right back into the Queen of Blades again!

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

"Who asked you?"

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

gohuskies posted:

All those missions we spent in WoL turning Kerrigan into a human feel like a super productive way to have spent our time now that she's been turned right back into the Queen of Blades again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

James Raynor, you must turn your girlfriend into a human again or the universe dies!

*five minutes later*

Sarah Kerrigan, you must turn yourself into the Queen of Blades again or the universe dies!