Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

If you compare it to a photo of her in that getup, you can see the inspiration but they made her forehead HUGE, her skin color is off, and the hair is bad.

It also just doesn’t really look like her, but “close enough” which there shouldn’t be an excuse for at this point.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1751430609329684731
serious trump hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Just play Wrestling Empire then

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuNfCVX1Aw0

Good summary of what's new in 2K24

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/brock-lesnar-removed-from-wwe-supercard-game

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This is how I learn Supercard still exists

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Will they replace Brock with Stevie Richards in 2K24?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kennel posted:

Will they replace Brock with Stevie Richards in 2K24?

this is the one more match hogan was talking about, brother

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

nL did mario kart with THECHUGS tonight and 5 minutes into the vod i'm laughing my rear end off at I.T. Stone Cold, "Did ya check yer IP, son?"

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Another reason why Fight Forever sucks… why are their hidden attires that you only get by modifying the wrestlers and adding a new preset? I would have never known these were there and totally forgot I had Broken Matt Hardy.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Because it's a poo poo game that wasn't anywhere near finished when they released it and they have no plans to fix it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Another reason why Fight Forever sucks… why are their hidden attires that you only get by modifying the wrestlers and adding a new preset? I would have never known these were there and totally forgot I had Broken Matt Hardy.

Adds more 'gameplay'.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

super macho dude posted:

Because it's a poo poo game that wasn't anywhere near finished when they released it and they have no plans to fix it

Fight Forever could have had a Star Citizen-length developmental cycle and it would still be an unplayable dreck.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Fight Forever could have had a Star Citizen-length developmental cycle and it would still be an unplayable dreck.

It's not unplayable, the actual gameplay is very good, it's just that the game is the most barebones wrestling game you could possibly make in this day and age. Like, when MDickie games have more customization options than your game made by a studio that's been making wrestling games for like 30 years backed by a AAA publisher? That's pathetic.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
being very generous to thq nordic by calling them a AAA publisher

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
they're A publisher

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

C. Everett Koop posted:

The core gameplay is already there and is quite good though. All they needed to do was add more meat to it, which is why it's all the more frustrating that they don't seem to bother fixing it or even doing something as simple as adding more match types.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Drakkel posted:

It's not unplayable, the actual gameplay is very good, it's just that the game is the most barebones wrestling game you could possibly make in this day and age. Like, when MDickie games have more customization options than your game made by a studio that's been making wrestling games for like 30 years backed by a AAA publisher? That's pathetic.

its unironically the best playong wrestling game in like 20 years?? too bad about everything else

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
“Not enough development time” is the problem of any subpar video game; it’s silly to think that if they got more time and money they couldn’t add more stuff.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Based on the roster and things like the Toni Storm DLC, all more time would have resulted in was the game being even more out of date.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

The core gameplay is already there and is quite good though. All they needed to do was add more meat to it, which is why it's all the more frustrating that they don't seem to bother fixing it or even doing something as simple as adding more match types.

yeah, the create a wrestler and career modes are kind of pathetic.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
maybe in 2026, it will finally have the cage match.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Been playing fight for new york and man that's all I want from a wrestling game. Fun to play. Cool story mode. Interesting match types. DONE

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Oh boy.

https://x.com/aew/status/1754550451486274046?s=46&t=6shDmjvE230NYdmcn_D0-g

I was thinking how this games price was sustainable with the overpriced DLC.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the def jam games prove that no matter how much you tweak them, no matter how fundamentally you change the nature of the game, tag team and multi-man matches in wrestling games will always suck rear end and be dogshit unfun to play

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Astro7x posted:

Oh boy.

https://x.com/aew/status/1754550451486274046?s=46&t=6shDmjvE230NYdmcn_D0-g

I was thinking how this games price was sustainable with the overpriced DLC.

overdue but probably wise

though that's still way too high a price point for me, it at least makes the possibility of dropping down to $10-15 during a sale that much more likely

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

the def jam games prove that no matter how much you tweak them, no matter how fundamentally you change the nature of the game, tag team and multi-man matches in wrestling games will always suck rear end and be dogshit unfun to play

I just don't have the patience for a tag team match. Unless it's all tornado tag.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s pretty universally agreed that it’s playable as hell it just runs out of things to play with almost immediately.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Fight Forever gameplay would improve from better running mechanics, revised reversal systems (and more reversal animations), an improved pin system, an improved submission system, and being able to assign more moves from the basic grapple mode instead of having left and right do the same move.

For tag matches in any game, the problem with any game is that the partner keeps on breaking up the pin and you have to wear two guys down instead of one. They need to limit the amount of pinfall/submission saves per match and give the tag team a shared health bar.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

For tag matches in Empire I tend to just never tag out and hope I can get one of my opponents disqualified with a time out at the beginning of the match. It always seems like your tag partner is about 20000% worse at actually helping you or trying to do tag moves than the AI team.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lets brainstrom some tag game mechanics because im curious. Why isnt there a button i press and my partner just goes after the non legal man. Or like if my partner has a high momentum or a special or whatever your game uses they just take the non legal man out. imagine your AI partner just runs around the ring and throws the other guy off the apron as you hit a stunner and get the 3.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

Lets brainstrom some tag game mechanics because im curious. Why isnt there a button i press and my partner just goes after the non legal man. Or like if my partner has a high momentum or a special or whatever your game uses they just take the non legal man out. imagine your AI partner just runs around the ring and throws the other guy off the apron as you hit a stunner and get the 3.

What if instead they just slowly amble into the ring after you start the pin and walk at normal speed towards the opponent regardless of where your pin is, that's probably fine, right?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

no that sounds like dogshit actualy, i think we are going to reassign you to bug fixing

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

kdrudy posted:

What if instead they just slowly amble into the ring after you start the pin and walk at normal speed towards the opponent regardless of where your pin is, that's probably fine, right?

I’d also like if they come into the ring in this instance for them to get trapped behind my character doing the pin and instead of walking around to cut off the opponent, they just stand there like a doofus while the other guy easily breaks up the pin.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

CopywrightMMXI posted:

For tag matches in any game, the problem with any game is that the partner keeps on breaking up the pin and you have to wear two guys down instead of one. They need to limit the amount of pinfall/submission saves per match and give the tag team a shared health bar.

There is the one rule that occasionally get mentioned that a tag partner can legally break up 1 pin during a match. Except nobody is ever DQed from doing it more than once.

If they incorporated that mechanic into the game it would make tag matches much more fun. If I want to have pins broken up at any time, choose a tornado tag match

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Retromania has it thet when you make a pin, you automatically get control of the other member of your team. Elegant and easy.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They got Mohammad Ali in wwe 2k24 and Brock Lesnar off the cover.

Also re: tag matches I know if you're controlling a player I wwe 2k23 in a tag match I believe pressing the touch pad let's you control on the fly with your tag partners even in tornado tag matches to break pins or stop opponents

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 6, 2024

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

They got Mohammad Ali in wwe 2k24 and Brock Lesnar off the cover.

Gonna be real loving awkward if Vince McMahon is still in the game.

Suplex Liberace posted:

So this is going to be sacrilege probably, but WWF Attitude at least had a good idea for how tag interference should work. A tag partner only gets 5 (I think) seconds to do something which is enough to like break up a pin, and then the time slowly regenerates after they go back to the apron, meaning you couldn't just spam it and trying to use it more often would just result in less and less time to act. Additionally players could actually call in the AI tag partner to interfere instead of hoping the game's AI was being nice that day and would do it automatically.

Of course it still didn't fix the game's other mechanical problems, but there was at least that.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 6, 2024

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's gonna be so funny when they blur Vince face out in the footage they'll use in between matches during the terrible showcase mode

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They'll take people off the cover and stuff because that's easy enough to do. Just like they did with Punk and Fight Forever.

But I can almost guarantee that nobody is being erased from history or removed from video games until there is a conviction in court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Astro7x posted:

They'll take people off the cover and stuff because that's easy enough to do. Just like they did with Punk and Fight Forever.

But I can almost guarantee that nobody is being erased from history or removed from video games until there is a conviction in court.

Or until they gain too much weight and the company wants to punish them.