Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

Anything worthwhile on Steam NextFest, other than Homeworld 3?

e: How is Breachway?

I kinda like it. A bit of a different way to build a deck. Trying Zero Division now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Rockstar Massacre posted:

the problem has always been that mouselook is too easy, not that controller w/o aim assist is too hard, and the refusal to admit this is why m/kb vs. controller can never reach equilibrium

you're a sick little freak and when the degenerate modern controller is finally declared an enemy of gamers you will be among the first against goose

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Mr Hootington posted:

I have no allies.

yeah you do

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

loquacius posted:

I think I'm about at the point where I'm sick of Dave the Diver

It's weird because the game really does keep thinking of new poo poo to throw at me, it's just that I have to do stuff over and over that has become stale. Like, for example, I have the ability to warp straight to the Glacial Area to do plot poo poo, but there's a Marlin Festival coming up and the only way to find marlins is to dive right at sea level and hunt for marlins and THEN go all the way down to Sea People City if I want to do plot poo poo without losing the whole half-day. And I'm stuck in the trap TOTK got me into where if I want to upgrade weapons I have to farm for rare drops (on Giant Trevally, and hunting them is boring). Also if I want to make cool/interesting recipes I have to keep finding fish that are only really available if I look in the base Blue Hole without skipping ahead, but I'm tired of doing that. I guess the fish farm would probably help with that? It only spawns fish you take alive, though, and probably not fast enough.

I don't wanna quit because I hate doing that and I don't think the game deserves it, it's just kind of becoming a slog.

Yeah, Dave was one of the few games where I kinda wished it would stop throwing neat new stuff at me.
Save something for the sequel, fellas.

Really a case of a game being a kilometer deep and a mile wide

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dreylad posted:

I kinda like it. A bit of a different way to build a deck. Trying Zero Division now.

TYFYS

I wish I knew more about how card games work because I was gifted Warfighter: Mediterranean and all of the expansion cards (the 10 Med ones, apparently there's like 100 expansions?) and they're just sitting on my shelf.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

TYFYS

I wish I knew more about how card games work because I was gifted Warfighter: Mediterranean and all of the expansion cards (the 10 Med ones, apparently there's like 100 expansions?) and they're just sitting on my shelf.

There's probably some kind of magic: the gathering primer that is broad enough that it'll introduce you to the terminology and how people think about card games and deck building, maybe someone here knows of a good one. The first concept I learned is that smaller decks are more reliable, so removing weaker cards and adding stronger cards is always a good strategy.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I was tired of Dave the Diver when they threw the second restaurant at me and I couldn't figure it out, so I beelined to the end of the game.

It was fun, but too much.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

hadji murad posted:

I was tired of Dave the Diver when they threw the second restaurant at me and I couldn't figure it out, so I beelined to the end of the game.

haha this was exactly when I quit it too. Looked complicated

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

hadji murad posted:

The second restaurant makes more sense in a game that is, you know, not as easy as dave the diver is.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

gently caress yes the giant Roomba is back!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

The second restaurant makes more sense in a game that is, you know, not as easy as dave the diver is.

at that point I just wasn’t interested in it and it didn’t seem important to do.

hopefully they can use what they learned to make another banger in the future.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Buck Wildman posted:

Tomi the American born and bred is also clearly reading the english dialogue phonetically. dunno why sega couldn't just spring for a bilingual va

never underestimate the power of casting finding a guy with okay-to-good English and then the director telling him to enunciate like middle school English class so the average player can tell it's English and understand most of what it means.

not sure if this is what happened in y8, but I've definitely heard it even from people who had English as their first language before. rapid delivery even seems like a tell that their English is normally fine and it's just direction that they're not quite following.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
More nations should openly show their disgust of the english language.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mandoric posted:

never underestimate the power of casting finding a guy with okay-to-good English and then the director telling him to enunciate like middle school English class so the average player can tell it's English and understand most of what it means.

not sure if this is what happened in y8, but I've definitely heard it even from people who had English as their first language before. rapid delivery even seems like a tell that their English is normally fine and it's just direction that they're not quite following.

i believe this fully just from that old youtube clip of the american kpop singer giving an english language interview in korea

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mandoric posted:

Hah, now that you say it it's obvious.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

elden ring update

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1754759192123171307?s=21&t=uRzefjHDQRIIt1GSWyej5Q

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
i hope I pull malenia

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RandolphCarter posted:

elden ring update

been a while, but yup that's bile in my mouth

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

hadji murad posted:

I just tossed all the employees I didn't like in it and gave them a bunch of garbage fish and then never interacted with it again.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mandoric posted:

This isn't really the case with Tomizawa specifically. My best guess with him is that they just handed the guy (who is not a professional VA - he's some musician who Tomizawa is both voiced by and modeled off of) the English lines converted to katakana, and he read that katakana really fast. Like there's no real distinction between individual words, just a long string of Japanese syllables. It's unusually bad even compared with typical "Japanese-speakers speaking English."

Most other English is either "native speakers speaking kinda slowly/awkwardly" or "slow heavily Japanese-accented English." Tomizawa is a bit of an exception, but so far he's only had one scene where they make him speak English. And it's also really funny, so it doesn't bother me at all. Bryce Fairchild's VA, while a bit better at English, is a bigger problem because the scenes with him speaking it are supposed to have some gravity (and in his introduction he's speaking it to some American children who respond in perfect English - it's very silly).

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I just tossed all the employees I didn't like in it and gave them a bunch of garbage fish and then never interacted with it again.

that’s exactly what I did. just ignored it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

hadji murad posted:

Yeah game could have done without the second restaurant for sure. Just no fun at all and relatively pointless.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Hell yeah Star Truckers is great. Just chilling in my space truck making deliveries.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Clip-On Fedora posted:

gently caress yes the giant Roomba is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DHdiLC91ts

And then later: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL01XKneEhE :getin:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol get loving WRECKED. even worse than a looter shooter or a battle Royale

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

President Xi, please kill the gacha

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Can I collect different costumes for blaidd?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I mean even Final Fantasy is an MMO now, why should Fromsoft be spared enshittification

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

plz just give me shadow of the erdtree :negative:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I'd play an elden ring gacha

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

Can I collect different costumes for blaidd?

if you can get him
but you've only got 5 spins today and they're all 1-3 star Dungeaters, sorry

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fortnite update delayed until Thursday. :sigh:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Fortnite update delayed until Thursday. :sigh:

looks like i've got two more days to finish all the deliveries in Death Stranding DC

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Popy posted:

plz just give me shadow of the erdtree :negative:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hey, don't these fuckers owe me a DLC?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

In a way. After 500 paid rolls you qualify for the pity system.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

the main game wasnt successful enough, they have to do this to fund the dlc

i expect every goon here to do their part and rack up as many gacha rolls as it takes to get to that Shadow

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the people that make the game aren't the ones making the dumb mobile game

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

playing gacha games seems pretty stupid. i guess they just blatantly manipulate people to take their money but they don't even seem fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

get that money hidetaka