Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Rhonne posted:

You think that's bad? I knew a guy who knew a guy who got vaxxed once and then three years later he got hit by a truck! Coincidence!?!?

Everyone who breathed air and drank water ever died! Don't let the libs fool you again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Edmund Sparkler posted:

All this bullshit about immigration reminded me of this song I really love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ-Wzp1y1Ik

Also, lol at idiots being like "Why do we have so much immigration at our southern border? What could have caused such a thing? :thunk:".

Did all those coups happen in 2020?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

Did all those coups happen in 2020?

All those countries were vaxxed

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Rhonne posted:

You think that's bad? I knew a guy who knew a guy who got vaxxed once and then three years later he got hit by a truck! Coincidence!?!?

The vax made him magnetic and it pulled the truck to him 😔 you hate to see it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Man remember in 2021 when this thread was just a nonstop cavalcade of Covid morons taking Ls

Those people going in front of state legislatures and school boards demonstrating how a key sticks to their cheekfalls off

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

turbo cancer.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

turbo cancer.

"Aargh! My turbo!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Legislation barring most children in Florida from social media advanced in the Florida Senate. But it still contains no exceptions for children logging on with parental consent, something Gov. Ron DeSantis has questioned.

Sen. Erin Grall, a Fort Pierce Republican, said Big Tech’s current practices pose too great a threat against children to ignore. “If we as a government have identified this harm, that is beyond the magnitude of really any one person to get in the middle of and control,” Grall said.

The Senate Judiciary Committee advanced the legislation (SB 1788) on a 7-2 vote. As written, the bill would prohibit anyone under the age of 16 from opening or keeping a social media account.

The bill has already passed in the Florida House. Last year Grall appeared here for her bill that would require rape victims to show proof of having been raped in order to qualify for an abortion exception.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This will be utterly unenforceable too so its just more performative art.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Rhonne posted:

:argh: Pfizer!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So from what I've gathered in latest Florida news, anyone under 16 can't use Social Media. But they can now work 30+ hours a week and up to 10 on school nights.

Freedom!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Kids have a first amendment right to access media, moreover the requirements needed to vet adults (are you gonna upload a copy of your driver's license to Somethingawful.com?) is an unconstitutional burden for the rest of us. The federal government tried this in the 90s and it was consistently rejected by the courts, and that hasn't changed.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Donald trump told prince Charles not to get vaxed but he did and now he has cancer SAD!

this is like the biggest big state thing of the government quite literally trying to police the inside of your home and they're loving it lol

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

This will be utterly unenforceable too so its just more performative art.

:hmmyes: Will kids still have facebook/insta accounts? yes. Will kids be more scared to use social media tools to report abuse and neglect? also yes.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Every single one of these bans were enjoined the moment the governor touched a pen to the bill to sign it, so they're not really going to even get to that step.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
It’s really something that Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure is actually a biopic about vaxxed people in the future. I wonder what my stand will be once Trump grafts his head onto Biden’s body.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Figured you would have made Biden Old Joseph

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Testikles posted:

Figured you would have made Biden Old Joseph

That’s Hunter.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
https://youtu.be/GyIwRoPr728?si=Ts-tcZbH8FD2_6a-

Regarding Mr Toby Keith (deceased)

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
It's funny the terrified grandpa motherfucker is still whining that all presidents need immunity for their crimes when no other president has needed total immunity from crimes because no one is a criminal rear end in a top hat as much as him. Get scared more, you worthless dipshit.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Stoatbringer posted:

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
who was very rarely stable.
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
who could think you under the table.
David Hume could out consume
Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel,
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
who was just as sloshed as Schlegel.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

saving line art as a jpeg is not very punk

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Florida continuing their For Your Consideration campaign for "no one should ever raise children here, seriously we are loving nuts" award

I'm sure Texas or Oklahoma will do something incredibly brain damaged later today to try to even it up though

Good god, the GOP loving hate the young so much, unless it's to slave away in restaurants or Retail serving them as god intended.

What is the end game for the GOP in Florida? "You must be over 40 to vote?"

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Prettz posted:

saving line art as a jpeg is not very punk

Nah that's punk to the core, just need to pass it through a photocopier.

gently caress you for thinking copies should be perfect just to fit into your neat corporate atheistic!!!

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 6, 2024

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

remember, these are voters

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Trump would cry on stage if he had to interact with a modern day Diogines at a rally.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Azuth0667 posted:

Trump would cry on stage if he had to interact with a modern day Diogines at a rally.

Diane Genies, a great friend of mine...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Anyone say Dead Solo Cup yet

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

ymgve posted:

When it was my turn, I took one gulp of the gallons of mixture and went «gently caress no». Thankfully the instructions also listed a sodium picosulfate based solution instead, which both tasted and smelled better and required a lot less mixture.
They gave me pills! Just take them with water! No taste at all!

Sure, it was 12 pills at a time, and they had to be taken with 16 oz. of water (chased with another 16 oz., then another 16 oz.), then repeated the morning of, all on an empty stomach, and the combined effect made me feel sick as a dog, but...pills!!!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Hell why stop at vaccinations?

You really shouldn't get colonscopys either: they put a tube up your rear end and that sounds like a homosexual heathen act if there ever was one! :shepface:

I think Conservatives should just avoid modern leftist medicine in general, just take Ivermectin for any disease/ issue, it's a panacea obviously.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

What is the end game for the GOP in Florida?

No voting. Theocracy. Turbulent, born-again, race-based, theocracy.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

An intractably stupid dog chasing a car doesn’t have an endgame in mind.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

TulliusCicero posted:

I think Conservatives should just avoid modern leftist medicine in general, just take Ivermectin for any disease/ issue, it's a panacea obviously.

:byodood: As long as you only take it orally and DON'T stick it up your rear end, because that would be GAY! :argh:
:byodood: Actually, "take it orally" might be gay too. Read the Bible and find the correct procedure!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

redshirt posted:

So from what I've gathered in latest Florida news, anyone under 16 can't use Social Media. But they can now work 30+ hours a week and up to 10 on school nights.

Freedom!

All work and no play, that's the Florida way

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Stoatbringer posted:

Read the Bible and find the correct procedure!

It's all gay.

Just study it out. Study it out.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Stoatbringer posted:

:byodood: As long as you only take it orally and DON'T stick it up your rear end, because that would be GAY! :argh:
:byodood: Actually, "take it orally" might be gay too. Read the Bible and find the correct procedure!

This made me think about the idea of "trusting in truth" being a fundamental principle Ray Dalio style, how there is no outcome of NOT knowing the truth which would be equal or better than KNOWING the truth, so do everything in your power to find out what the truth is even if it's painful (like a colonoscopy)

And imagining a world where there was a "Truth Social" that was actually founded on philosophical principles like that, where you actually had to engage intelligently with real concepts, and maybe there were some stances it took that made sense and were intelletcually consistent or had reasonable standing against the alternative, and what kind of conversation we would all be having if we had to really think about how things worked and who had the most useful and ethical and efficacious philosophical toolsets. Basically a world where Trump and his sycophants actually were normal functioning adults who thought about things at any deeper level than "sell hat"

lol it would probably be just as terrible as this somehow

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 6, 2024

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Stoatbringer posted:

The bolded is the last thing any Christian Conservative would be willing to do. Jesus was a commie.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Woke leftist doctors telling me to eat right and exercise

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

quote:

The bill has already passed in the Florida House. Last year Grall appeared here for her bill that would require rape victims to show proof of having been raped in order to qualify for an abortion exception.

That seems particularly ghoulishly evil.
By "proof" does that mean getting the rapist arrested, tried and found guilty? By which time, presumably, it would be far too late for an abortion anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I stopped combing my hair and wearing deodorant. Anything considered "grooming" is off-limits in my household.