Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

"time for republicans to show courage, to show a little spine"

gently caress yeah, get em joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Footage of verdict being read and attorney throwing hand in the air

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1754938534274662642?s=20

Lmfao, the pan and zoom into the lawyer was loving perfect.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

thoughts and prayers

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i had a dream trump died. he hasnt yet but ill take this

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Okay, this article is a really good read. Very clearly lays out how this lady went above and beyond neglecting her son.

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

Hollismason posted:

The mom saying " I wouldn't change anything" was pretty bad.

This hurts a TON.
Refusing to show remorse is going to be a looming aggravation when sentencing rolls around.

TulliusCicero posted:

gently caress yes!

Good on Oxford, my grandmother lived there when I was a kid

gently caress these pieces of poo poo. Maybe it will deter parents from psychologically grooming their children to be spree shooter lunatic chuds.

Agreed. This will get appealed, but a conviction won't just get laughed off for political reasons by whoever hears it.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Parent's rights

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If our country isn't going to have common sense gun laws about making sure they are secure from children, then I am more than happy to see adults start getting locked up for life when their psycho pet gets off the leash.

This kid could have had three more years of brain development and a chance to get laid, which could have easily prevented him from carrying something like this out.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

"Could you please read your verdict?"
"Individually?"
"Sure."

I mean I'm pretty sure all verdicts have to be read individually for each count in every court case, but lol that the foreman was basically foreshadowing that all the verdicts were the same.

e: also gently caress these parents, rot away please

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hollismason posted:

The mom saying " I wouldn't change anything" was pretty bad.

yeah, she kinda hosed herself. i think she probably wasnt FULLY at fault but she clearly didnt give a gently caress about her kid and only panicked after he started killing people. she was a selfish idiot in a failing marriage and was basicaly trying to coast it out until he was 18 or ran away.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Is the father being tried separately later?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

bobjr posted:

Is the father being tried separately later?

yeah. i assume he will eat a ton of poo poo too since he bought the gun and other poo poo.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Trump Spent $20,000 For Rally Featuring Non-Union Auto Workers Holding 'Union Members For Trump' Signs

quote:

Hey remember last year when Donald Trump held a rally at a non-union auto supplier shop in Michigan while President Joe Biden was taking his historic walk along the UAW picket line? Well we now know that strange stunt cost the Don $20,000.

We knew back in September of 2023 of course, that the Drake Industries plant in Clinton Township, Michigan, was non-union, but campaign finance documents now show that the stunt cost President Deals $20,000.

lol

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The dad would be smart to just plead out and hope he doesn't get sentenced to 15 years per count.

The.moms probably going to spend the rest of her life in prison possibly.

Even if she got 5 years for each count thats 20 years in prison.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I wish that lady could have found a more isolated way to throw her life away than allowing her son to butcher his peers.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Total Party Kill posted:

I wish that lady could have found a more isolated way to throw her life away than allowing her son to butcher his peers.

i mean she was too busy shagging some fire fighter to give a poo poo about her kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlX4T2SBkC0

kid was bascially bart in this clip

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

PARENTS RIGHTS

oh wait

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean she was too busy shagging some fire fighter to give a poo poo about her kid.

:same:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlX4T2SBkC0

kid was bascially bart in this clip

Holy gently caress, spot on

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Counted posted:

Don't worry, folks. Judge Cannon's still serving as a beacon of impartiality to the judges ruling in other cases!

https://twitter.com/BVanGrack/status/1754908901974163468

As someone who isn't a Law Whisperer, I hope this is able to be appealed with a low bar for the DoJ to clear.

:lol: she hosed up redacting in her footnote 7 where she tries to explain how to redact.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Jesus, this is heartbreaking. The parents’ apathy (though it sounds like mostly the mom), the fear of school officials to do anything because of fear of parental anger, the atrocious missed signs. Even more so that local republicans still refuse to lift a finger after this tragedy to do the slightest bit of reduction in kids’ access to guns.

This also raised my eyebrows:

quote:

Ethan had three Instagram accounts, and his parents followed one of them, but it seems not to have aroused their concern. He was posting images of deformed faces, with protruding jaws or blank eyes, contorted with glee.

Is this describing those soyjack/wojack/rageface things?

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Okay, this article is a really good read. Very clearly lays out how this lady went above and beyond neglecting her son.

Adding onto this, I feel that the reason the jury came back with guilty verdicts was because the facts are so stark and so egregious.

As someone who's had mental health struggles before, that article is haunting.
I recognize the exact attitude towards mental health, dismissing it almost totally.
Every time there's an issue, a crisis, the first thought is so clearly 'How do I make this problem go away'.

How to get the school to stop bothering her. How to get Ethan to go break down somewhere else. Ignoring bird parts in jars and Nazi memorabillia because :effort:.

I think if the facts were more ambiguous, or even if the Crumbleys weren't so loathed even before the shooting, that the defense would have been in for less of a shock.

"NYMag article, third section, first paragraph" posted:

Upon learning that they were also to be charged, they holed up in an artist’s studio in a Detroit warehouse belonging to one of Jehn’s acquaintances and stopped responding to phone calls. At around 1:30 a.m. on the Saturday after the press conference, police found them there. Prosecutors say they had four burner phones (one they’d tried to destroy), four gift cards, ten credit cards, and $6,600 in cash. They had cleaned out Ethan’s bank account. According to a prosecutor’s motion, Jehn told a friend that “her son’s destiny is done and she has to take care of herself.”

Going on the lam certainly didn't help, though.

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012
Quote is not edit, oops

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

nobodygetshurt posted:

seriously tho, where the heck is hal? is his basement flooded again?

He’s not in his basement, he’s in my basement. He’s chained up and I’ve got a Vive strapped to his head moderating an AI generated forum and any time he falls below 10 sixers a minute his balls get tazed.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
There’s a line in there from Ethan about the time his mom looked under his bed for something, took the sheet off the jar with the bird’s head in it, but didn’t notice

:smith: didn’t notice or didn’t care?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Neodymium posted:

Adding onto this, I feel that the reason the jury came back with guilty verdicts was because the facts are so stark and so egregious.

I recognize the exact attitude towards mental health, dismissing it almost totally.
Every time there's an issue, a crisis, the first thought is so clearly 'How do I make this problem go away'.

How to get the school to stop bothering her. How to get Ethan to go break down somewhere else. Ignoring bird parts in jars and Nazi memorabillia because :effort:.

I think if the facts were more ambiguous, or even if the Crumbleys weren't so loathed even before the shooting, that the defense would have been in for less of a shock.

Telling your kid to hide their bullets better the next time they take them to school is probably not a good thing to have to defend in court.

Or if your kid texts you that they're hearing voices and the demon in the kitchen is throwing bowls around texting back "suck it up" is probably not the most responsible course of action, especially when followed with continuing to allow them to have an unsecured gun and ammunition in their own room.

There was some serious work put in to ignoring loving everything and doing nothing to prevent what happened.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

this whole case reminds me a lot of sellovision which is weird because i read that pretty much blackout drunk

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bird food bathtub posted:

Telling your kid to hide their bullets better the next time they take them to school is probably not a good thing to have to defend in court.

Or if your kid texts you that they're hearing voices and the demon in the kitchen is throwing bowls around texting back "suck it up" is probably not the most responsible course of action, especially when followed with continuing to allow them to have an unsecured gun and ammunition in their own room.

There was some serious work put in to ignoring loving everything and doing nothing to prevent what happened.

Yeah these fucks are a testament to why the MAGA/Chud parenting style of 'Beat your kids, ignore their problems, and tell them to suck it up buttercup' creates psychopaths and broken humans. Unempathetic, angry, hateful bigots do not create valuable humans for society.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

He’s not in his basement, he’s in my basement. He’s chained up and I’ve got a Vive strapped to his head moderating an AI generated forum and any time he falls below 10 sixers a minute his balls get tazed.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I’m pretty sure the “I wouldn’t have done anything different,” was what her lawyer told her to say, because admitting you should have done something differently is admitting fault/culpability. :lol:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Puts things in perspective. Sorry pops, but you're next

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Neodymium posted:

Draining your kids loving bank account to leave the country after going "Oh well, his destiny is over, need to save me" is loving dark hateful poo poo

Holy gently caress

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

bird with big dick posted:

God, I wish that was me.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1754957084494561526

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Those poor innocent guns.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Neodymium posted:

yeah, i think she wanted to believe the kid was fine and ignored all the warning signs. i think the kid deserves alot of the blame and i think the "voices" stuff is probably bullshit to various degrees but yeah i think mummy and daddy earn alot of blame too

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

If guns could get up and shoot people by themselves, Republicans would elect one President

And also probably gently caress them

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Batterypowered7 posted:

Didn't you know that every U.S. president can trace their lineage back to Amaterasu, Ungnyeo, and Yuanshi Tianzun? Unsure what the three sacred treasures are, though. I imagine one must be Washington's bayonet.

:thunk:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Draining your kids loving bank account to leave the country after going "Oh well, his destiny is over, need to save me" is loving dark hateful poo poo

Holy gently caress

wait really? i didnt hear that part. yeah the parents are loving sacks of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
:smug: Guns don't kill people, people kill people

Dems: Ok, so these people shouldn't have guns

:byodame: NO NOT LIKE THAT