Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Perhaps it is just me but I would wait until I actually know what is happening before I set my X-Box on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Influencers are the worst. They could dry up and blow away and no one would care in the slightest. It would have zero effect on anyone’s lives.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
The Series X is loving cool, and it is just the right size and weight to cradle like a baby

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Burn it now to save it from suffering this historic defeat. It’s only merciful

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The brand evangelists are weeping

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Simiain posted:

The Series X is loving cool, and it is just the right size and weight to cradle like a baby

It looks strangely cute sitting next to my massive PS5

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've never heard of anyone

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

External Organs posted:

I've never heard of anyone

I wish I was this untainted.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

A couple years ago I was interviewing for a spot on an Xbox hardware team, looks like bullet dodged on that one! (Still woulda been cool tho, the one that got away :sigh:)

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

lol is this a loving SNL skit? None of these people are real.

we all know who the real influencers are

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BonoMan posted:

lol is this a loving SNL skit? None of these people are real.

we all know who the real influencers are

drat is... is that, it cant be... is that a mfering 360!?!?! What. A. Console. The power. The games. The blades. poo poo, they ever make a follow up to that? The 720? It would rule if they did, coming up to 20 years with nothing to replace yet, xbox wishes it had that kind of staying power

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Don't troll the Xbox thread. We don't take kindly to these kinds of shenanigans.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

BonoMan posted:

"Starfield being a piece of poo poo game" and "Starfield would be wildly successful on PS5" are both true statements.

Also not sure why anyone would think the ABK purchase then change in business strat would be a whoopsie. If anything probably just indicates they were thinking about going full software all along.

Hmm! They announced the Activision purchase in Jan 2022. Was it clear by then that hardware wasn’t going to survive?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

John F Bennett posted:

Don't troll the Xbox thread. We don't take kindly to these kinds of shenanigans.

The 360 rules

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

The 360 rules

Nice, be welcomed.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
When the president has lost timdog... Its Over.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm going to be strong where timdog could not be

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Steve Yun posted:

Hmm! They announced the Activision purchase in Jan 2022. Was it clear by then that hardware wasn’t going to survive?

Supposedly they started buying PS5 devkits in 2021, so yes.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Klobrille made some good photoshops but I have no clue who the rest are. Addition by subtraction looks like.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I didn't know we lost Timdog... gently caress...

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

It'd be funny if the rumors are wrong and these people have to backtrack.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Crows Turn Off posted:

It'd be funny if the rumors are wrong and these people have to backtrack.

One guy who was melting down yesterday completely changed his tune today so who knows at this point.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

The Kinect was an op. I can't say anything else or my cover will be blown. Stay strong, patriots.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Close thread

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Steve Yun posted:

I mean... yeah lol. Xbox has been trailing for a very long time now and, knowing how slow things develop in a corporation that size, they have probably been looking at a way to exit the hardware side (or go full 3rd part and release a variant on the S from time to time) for a long time now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

I didn't know we lost Timdog... gently caress...

What?? No.. NO!

Not like this

Not like this..

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If TurkeySlinger leaves you know it’s over

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

What the gently caress did I miss this weekend :catstare:

Besides the tragedy of timdog leaving Xbox

Are you guys seriously considering that MS will stop manufacturing Xboxes? they just leaked that thing where they were planning specific features for the next version

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Oh my Next Box, will be nothing like my Xbox, I made mistakes back then, never do it again

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

What the gently caress did I miss this weekend :catstare:

Besides the tragedy of timdog leaving Xbox

Are you guys seriously considering that MS will stop manufacturing Xboxes? they just leaked that thing where they were planning specific features for the next version

The ongoing rumor is that X-Box is going to be bringing their titles to Sony systems which, if true, would signal that they are going to be backing off from dedicated hardware. Probably not instantly but you're not going to release your exclusives on your competitor's platform.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

IIRC that leak was ancient, like literally from before the Series S and X even launched. A lot's changed since then, including the fact that Microsoft may have lost patience with not getting returns on Xbox and are pivoting in some fashion that makes internet people go :derp:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Why can’t Microsoft make a video game? They should try that.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Sorry gamers! Xbox has been rebranded to the LinkedInBox.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Xbox is not going to exit hardware lol

You'll see next week, this is all a bunch of crying over nothing. As usual with these fanboys.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is Microsoft is positioning themselves to be a competitor to Steam?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They need to fix the microsoft store first lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
How good is battle net these days? Maybe they can just slap their facade onto that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

If any company changes their business model no one will make games anymore and the only games that will be made are games