Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HHH was bad at holding and chasing the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fe Vinum
Dec 17, 2013
I have never heard a single episode of Deadlock, what episode would get me hooked?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the one where the fat guys peak their mics laughing

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fe Vinum posted:

I have never heard a single episode of Deadlock, what episode would get me hooked?

Go through their feed and see if they watched a wrestling show you liked

Or fire up YouTube and watch a retro sync

If the algorithm finds out you want to watch deadlock, it will feed you nothing but deadlock, lol

Ed: yeah, the xwf episodes are great

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Fe Vinum posted:

https://deadlockpw.com/audio/deadlo...-in-main-event/

this one, imo.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

For me I was predisposed to like it because of Jawnny but the first clip I saw was the sync of the Steiner shoot on Flair, and then what hooked me was an episode covering an era I vividly remember living through and watching - a Hogan-TNA episode. So find a show you know or at least know the era of and go wild.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
The YouTube videos are better than the podcast itself, only because they get rid of a bunch of the bullshit and go straight into the funny recap.

Johnny is great, I busted up laughing at The Slammy's, but also THE WALL BROTHER

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'd check out the retro syncs on their youtube channel, having some visual context behind the discussion is always fun and probably a good indicator of whether you'd want to hear more.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TelevisedInsanity posted:

The YouTube videos are better than the podcast itself, only because they get rid of a bunch of the bullshit and go straight into the funny recap.

Johnny is great, I busted up laughing at The Slammy's, but also THE WALL BROTHER

After you become a real deadlock sicko, you will stop skipping the bullshit and the shoutouts, it happens to all of us :getin:

Fe Vinum
Dec 17, 2013
Thank you all for the suggestions.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rotinaj posted:

After you become a real deadlock sicko, you will stop skipping the bullshit and the shoutouts, it happens to all of us :getin:

hasn't happened to me and won't. because i'm built different.

in that i hate fun.

Fe Vinum
Dec 17, 2013
“If I had two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and Hulk Hogan I would shoot Hulk Hogan twice”

I have made good choices, goons.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

karmicknight posted:

hasn't happened to me and won't. because i'm built different.

in that i hate fun.

You’ll come around

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love

rotinaj posted:

You’ll come around

Happens to us all

Or maybe it doesn't brother

(also, anything WCW they do is gold)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/oyaR4IWbTLU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
everything about Deadlock on paper should make for a podcast I absolutely hate but I'm on that Patreon now dude

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I think about the episode where they workshop Undertaker going to WCW, joining the Misfits In Action, breaking his leg Sid style, getting his balls set on fire by Vampiro, then the bloodbath misses. A lot.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I loved the one with Kane being repackaged as Steve. I've never even seen a Kane promo or match but Johnny's Kane voice saying "Seeeaaaan, why weren't you here on time they won't let me be green Seeeaaaan" had me dying

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
theyre repackaging me as Steve Sean, my push is hosed.

why couldn’t you show up at call time?!?!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Here's the Steve Austin Steveamania promo from the end of this week's deadlock episode recorded with a camera pointed at a tv as it should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xa8KpRxkJI

YOU KNOW THAT'S WHERE YOU'RE WRONG MEAN JOEY

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm one of the freaks they were wondering about this week who got into the podcast from DPW. I just knew Deadlock as a local promotion, only after my second show did I look into it at all. Then a bunch of retrosyncs started populating my Youtube recommendations and that was that.

The bit that really sold me on the show was Stone Cold trying to save JR from Kane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrQFk2Rn4E8

"I'm glad Stone Cold Steve Austin has been trained in hostage negotiations. The glass breaks, he grabs the mic: NOW LISTEN TO ME YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

lol I forgot about the turn when they start doing JR trying to talk Kane down. "Don't listen to him. He is bald, he is so drunk..."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 6, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Has deadlock done ufc 4 on the more expensive tier yet, I keep going back and forth about whether I want to go from 10 bux to 15 but I gotta see ufc 4

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i watched ufc 4 live in my friends basement. in between fights we played scorched earth

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is that UFC tier actually a thing they're doing and not a joke? They haven't watched UFC 4 yet either way but I don't see a new tier either unless they plan on including it in the dpw tier.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
THE MASTER CHIEF

STEVE SNIFFS

DICK MARCINCO

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
BILLY VERGINER

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bubyer Ray Dudley

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The ep where they talk about Hogan giving his HoF ring to Abyss is an all-timer

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also shout outs to Deadlock for killing LA Knight's heat by reminding everyone that he's just Mr. Kennedy 2

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

also shout outs to Deadlock for killing LA Knight's heat by reminding everyone that he's just Mr. Kennedy 2

Do you have an episode where they draw that link, that sounds funny as hell

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Do you have an episode where they draw that link, that sounds funny as hell

i think its the Mr. McMahon's Bastard Son episode, or one of the Hogan-era TNA episodes

johncraig
Jul 26, 2023
gonna need some episode numbers please

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

One of the best:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/re...rtake--53186158

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

i think its the Mr. McMahon's Bastard Son episode, or one of the Hogan-era TNA episodes

You’re trying to make me binge listen to deadlock

You monster

(It’ll work, too)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rotinaj posted:

You monster

(It’ll work, too)

Or maybe it won't, dude

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

rotinaj posted:

You monster

(It’ll work, too)
*booker t voice* let's go to work on these podcasts

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

super macho dude posted:

*booker t voice* BLACK SNNOOOOOWWWW

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Okay I got a brain buster for you all

When did they first start calling all promo segments a (x) “town hall” on deadlock

It still makes me giggle a good 1 out of every 3 times I hear it

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

rotinaj posted:

When did they first start calling all promo segments a (x) “town hall” on deadlock

Didn't AEW do a segment with Jericho and Orange(?) that was literally called a town hall? I think it was Bischoff's only appearance in that company.

edit: n/m it was with MJF during the Inner Circle days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC0bPnRNylM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

rotinaj posted:

Probably cause they were still reviewing AEW around the time Jericho was having weekly Town Hall segments