Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I love Kristofferson for how nice he was to Sinead O'conner when she got canceled for accurately accusing the Catholic church of covering up the sexual abuse children.

Cancel culture only exists if you're a woman saying something that's objectively true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1754985957659447646?t=3dSzacqOIZQACVsBvhKXww&s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/Defunctland/status/1754647768465887445?t=xVGrDDXxr5uNL2CYDwwbzA&s=19

I think I am bout to make the switch myself.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Yeah, it’s bad and search on mobile seems to be even worse somehow. I haven’t tested Bing but maybe I’ll give it a shot.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that as well, along with getting off of Chrome. I still have trouble with the idea of Bing being better than Google, though; the idea of MS products being terrible is deeply ingrained in me

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Once you know about enshittification you see it everywhere.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Surprised Warner did this since they just put TNT stuff on Max. Maybe no one is paying extra for sports on there so they’re trying something different. This may finally kill cable TV.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
This is the Bulova I have:

https://www.bulova.com/us/en/product/97B168.html?cgid=mens-marine-star

I was extremely torn between that and this one, but it was just a little too gimmicky for me:

https://www.bulova.com/us/en/product/98B390.html?cgid=limited-edition

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Surprised Warner did this since they just put TNT stuff on Max. Maybe no one is paying extra for sports on there so they’re trying something different. This may finally kill cable TV.

espn was talking about having a direct stream available later this year or next

maybe this is it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Please no. There are too many streaming services already. Please eliminate 3.

LeeMajors posted:

Once you know about enshittification you see it everywhere.

I hate the term, but yeah everything become a monetization scheme and everyone runs out of VC funds it just sucks.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I don’t know poo poo about Bing, but I imagine it’s way less ad dependent than google. Google is so awful with ads now that sponsored stuff seems to be the first three results for every search.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I don’t know poo poo about Bing, but I imagine it’s way less ad dependent than google. Google is so awful with ads now that sponsored stuff seems to be the first three results for every search.

I actually did a summer internship at bing ad center and it was A) an extremely boring job B) just us constantly drooling over the ad targeting things like Facebook or Google could do with their mountains of social media data

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

gently caress, taking calculus based physics in a condensed, online-only form factor may have been a mistake y’all. Just drowning in impostor syndrome while I’m just loving sweating through every homework, test and online lab. I’m putting way too much pressure on myself to keep a 4.0 I think but I also want to differentiate hard because of my age.

I need to develop some real stress management skills because I’m like In It Now. Thankfully all the calc and poo poo is going fine.

Maybe accounting could be fun.

seiferguy posted:

I hate the term, but yeah everything become a monetization scheme and everyone runs out of VC funds it just sucks.

Yeah it’s got the internet edge lord stink but I honestly think it’s about the perfect term.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
As far as watches go, I'm a Christopher Ward man

As far as musicians being rude to other scumbags who hang around them: I don't give a poo poo. Chrome sucks, Safari is worse, and you should use Firefox if you have any self respect

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So I now know that we could replace Stephen A with an AI and no one could tell the difference.

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1754911018575159564?s=20

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So I now know that we could replace Stephen A with an AI and no one could tell the difference.

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1754911018575159564?s=20

Get out of here with this take

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

gently caress, taking calculus based physics in a condensed, online-only form factor may have been a mistake y’all. Just drowning in impostor syndrome while I’m just loving sweating through every homework, test and online lab. I’m putting way too much pressure on myself to keep a 4.0 I think but I also want to differentiate hard because of my age.
Aside from the 4.0 that's the normal experience with calc

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

I need to develop some real stress management skills because I’m like In It Now. Thankfully all the calc and poo poo is going fine.

Maybe accounting could be fun.

Yeah it’s got the internet edge lord stink but I honestly think it’s about the perfect term.

I still do some tutoring for that from time to time, so if you have some questions PM me and we can Zoom or something if you like.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

As far as watches go, I'm a Christopher Ward man

As far as musicians being rude to other scumbags who hang around them: I don't give a poo poo. Chrome sucks, Safari is worse, and you should use Firefox if you have any self respect

Christopher ward make some gorgeous watches. Nice choice. I got my eye on one of theirs for my next one.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I used to be great at calc but I haven’t used it in nearly 20 years. God I hope my kid doesn’t ask for help in 10 years.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I used to be great at calc but I haven’t used it in nearly 20 years. God I hope my kid doesn’t ask for help in 10 years.

Did a year of calc in HS then a quarter of it in college as part of my major. Was very pleased how well I was at it but man I'd be fuckin stumped if someone asked me about derivatives and integrals.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

This. I was a non science major but took 3 semesters of calculus and they were easy As since I took calculus in high school. Didn’t take the ap test, but calculus just clicked for me in college.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 7, 2024

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Yes, the Interview with a Vampire tv series is back in May. It's incredibly my kind of trash.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I was a math whiz as a kid, perfects on SAT/ACT math, 5 on the AP Calc exam, and then hit some major wall in college Calc 2 or 3, whatever the one is that just has you solving derivatives like some f'ed up combination lock that maybe opens and maybe doesn't, at least in the first go-around. The only exam in my life that I'm pretty sure I failed, despite having a A-/B+ going into that final, ending up with a C, just couldn't get any of the equations to click on the first try. Probably didn't help that the TA teaching the class openly despised everyone in it. I had a major crush on one of my classmates, who I tutored, and who ended up with a far better grade than I did. She went on to become a dentist, and her husband became a partner in her dad's law firm. I saw them randomly in Hawaii when visiting my dad at his last dental conference.

That grade, combined with difficulty w redox reactions, is why I went from premed to prelaw.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I had this experience recently but it was with foreign languages.

Out of the blue I had a chance to speak a foreign language with somebody and my brain went “neat! I know this language!”.

Turns out not using it for two decades meant that I did not in fact know the language anymore.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Abugadu posted:

I was a math whiz as a kid, perfects on SAT/ACT math, 5 on the AP Calc exam, and then hit some major wall in college Calc 2 or 3, whatever the one is that just has you solving derivatives like some f'ed up combination lock that maybe opens and maybe doesn't, at least in the first go-around. The only exam in my life that I'm pretty sure I failed, despite having a A-/B+ going into that final, ending up with a C, just couldn't get any of the equations to click on the first try. Probably didn't help that the TA teaching the class openly despised everyone in it. I had a major crush on one of my classmates, who I tutored, and who ended up with a far better grade than I did. She went on to become a dentist, and her husband became a partner in her dad's law firm. I saw them randomly in Hawaii when visiting my dad at his last dental conference.

That grade, combined with difficulty w redox reactions, is why I went from premed to prelaw.

Wait you’re a lawyer who had a dentist for a dad? Lmao are you me?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/polishxcellence/status/1754997213694943360?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Werner is right

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
At least the bear tape would be over a lot quicker

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I had this experience recently but it was with foreign languages.

Out of the blue I had a chance to speak a foreign language with somebody and my brain went “neat! I know this language!”.

Turns out not using it for two decades meant that I did not in fact know the language anymore.

Shoot, same for me and skiing, I used to be pretty good then took 7 years off, first time out my brain scanned the run just as fast as ever, like I hadn’t missed a beat, and then my legs just didn’t respond to my mental command to turn?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wait you’re a lawyer who had a dentist for a dad? Lmao are you me?

Did your dad try to repeatedly get you to take over the practice?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Well yikes, last time I went skiing was 9 years ago at Wilmot. Now I'm going skiing next weekend in Banff, better stick to the green dots.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Don't go skiing, that's how we lost Sonny Bono

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I’m putting way too much pressure on myself to keep a 4.0 I think but I also want to differentiate hard because of my age.

No need to pile that much stress on, honestly. Even for a bachelor’s, just having it is 95% of the way there. Work hard at it and the results will come.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

gently caress, taking calculus based physics in a condensed, online-only form factor may have been a mistake y’all. Just drowning in impostor syndrome while I’m just loving sweating through every homework, test and online lab.

Every class for an Engineering degree is basically going through a bunch of calculus to get a long list of equations that govern specific subjects. It sucked (I went to school full time while working full time), but the important part is building up your analytical approach to problem solving, which is way more important of a skill to show than a GPA literally no employer will look at.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Thanks all for the support (and swick for the offer, I may take you up on it if push comes to shove).

It’s really not so much the calculus that’s getting me as the condensed format and tediousness of physics. I think I’d likely be happier in-person and over a longer timeline but this was all that was available to me this semester.

Rectal Placenta posted:

Every class for an Engineering degree is basically going through a bunch of calculus to get a long list of equations that govern specific subjects. It sucked (I went to school full time while working full time), but the important part is building up your analytical approach to problem solving, which is way more important of a skill to show than a GPA literally no employer will look at.

Ah yeah, I’m trying to step back and make sure I’m being systematic I’ve just taken on a lot and feeling extremely overwhelmed. FT work, school and family with dwindling outlets is really killing me lately.

The GPA stuff is more personal for me, but I do have another transfer process to work through to finish the BSEE so I’m trying to keep those grades as high as I can and learn the material.

Past failures and inadequacies are doing their thing to me too, I’m just venting really.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I never had a 4.0 through HS or College, and I was a pretty good student at both.

Doing it now, at this point in your life with everything else you have going on is loving rockstar status man.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cs get degrees baby

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In PA school I went into almost every final the same: I’d need to loving bomb it to get lower than a B, but I’d have to do pretty well to get an A. In my second semester I needed a 100 on the final to get an A. The program we used for tests told you your score immediately. I got a 97 and screamed “gently caress!”

For clinical lab I went into the final needing a 46 to keep an A, so I didn’t study for it. When I hit submit ny score was a 48 lol. I went and apologized to my professor.

By the end of it I came to grips with the fact I’m an 88% percent student. I can get that score on literally anything, no matter how difficult or easy.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Amy Pole Her posted:

As someone quite familiar with the contracts from major underwriters in the Lloyd's market, very cool of your buddy to openly share pretty private info! If ever caught, they'd absolutely massacre him for being such a putz.

The Lloyds people did massacre him, to the point he tried to get in on the company that his brother and I co-founded in 2005.

We were smarter than to allow Bradshit to happen with a relatively nascent company, no matter how much money he was willing to invest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Well yikes, last time I went skiing was 9 years ago at Wilmot. Now I'm going skiing next weekend in Banff, better stick to the green dots.
Hell yeah, remember to stretch before and after. Which Banff resort? I've only skied Lake Louise up there but I loved it, downtown Banff is great too.