Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Wait, so what did Gina Carrano actually say/do to get fired? Wasn’t she one of the dipshits comparing mask mandates to the holocaust or was there more to it? Not that that isn’t enough, mind you, I just wasn’t paying much attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Holy poo poo. And she somehow expects to put a positive spin on this? In a court of law? Against loving Disney?!?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Holy poo poo. And she somehow expects to put a positive spin on this? In a court of law? Against loving Disney?!?

No you see Disney is woke so the court is going to order Disney to create an entire TV series for her character.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Blackchamber posted:

Disney has to have the most aggressive 'company culture' clause in every contract that says if they do anything that harms the brand or makes selling merch/toys harder they will drop your rear end off at the curb without a seconds notice, get absolutely hosed.

Could have just kept her mouth shut and been coasting forever on the disney/star wars teat but nooooo. I'm sure disney has many other celebs on contract that are plenty crazy in private but are smart enough to just stfu and keep cashing checks.

this. there is a reason why many artists dont do disney related commisions for plushes or art often because you never know if disney will come down on it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mayorkas impeachment vote coming up, looks like both sides are down 1 each

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Why is Gina Carrano even mad? She's been in all kinds of movies. Disney dropping her from their lovely Star Wars show spring boarded her movie career:

She's even partnering with Ben Shapiro, phenom writer author of "True Allegiance" - where tall, manly as gently caress 6 foot 7 super soldier Ben Brett Hawthorne does the right thing even though Obama doesn't want him to.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

kazil posted:

Mayorkas impeachment vote coming up, looks like both sides are down 1 each

I think it doesnt pass because some NY republicans think its dumb.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol it's gonna fail

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

"It's wrong to hate someone for their political views" said the person making an analogy featuring a genocidally racist political party

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I like how the dc court of appeals decision was so airtight, most folks think the Supreme Court will just casually let this case slip by and ignore it

gently caress you, Stephen cheung, you are a lovely spokesman

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Watch live here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf-bju-C7lc

Looks like it's gonna fail

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/isaiah_bb/status/1754971673781006820
they have nothing.

0xAYN
Nov 22, 2010

idk lol

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Wait, so what did Gina Carrano actually say/do to get fired? Wasn’t she one of the dipshits comparing mask mandates to the holocaust or was there more to it? Not that that isn’t enough, mind you, I just wasn’t paying much attention.

In addition to the thing where she compared being Republican to being in Jewish in Nazi Germany, she kept making fun of trans people on twitter and her co-star Pedro Pascal has a trans sister, so there was likely a ton of friction behind the scenes.

quote:

She said the first instance arose when Lucasfilm asked her to apologise for her approach to pronoun usage, using an apology statement they had scripted.

Carano said: “Earlier on last year before The Mandalorian came out, they wanted me to use their exact wording for an apology over pronoun usage.

“I declined and offered a statement in my own words. I made clear I wanted nothing to do with mocking the transgender community. And [I] was just drawing attention to the abuse of the mob in forcing people to put pronouns in their bio.”

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

215 to 215? wtf

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

It's a tie

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

He's half impeached!

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Aaaaahahahahahahaha!

Don't anyone skip reading this introductory paragraph.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A tie is a fail, right?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hazo posted:

Yeah and then when you got to Seattle I bet you filled out a bunch of mail in ballots and stuffed them in drop boxes throughout the city, didn’t you?!

I ate a bunch of extacy and went to some warehouse party. The rest is a blur but I’m pretty sure I met Jeanette Lee at some point (famous for playing pool)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

People are screaming "BURGERRRR"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

That is absolutely a legal filing done in jest

How the loving christ do you start your court paperwork “a short time ago, in a galaxy not so far away”

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol just end the vote you losers

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

B-Rock452 posted:

No you see Disney is woke so the court is going to order Disney to create an entire TV series for her character.

Oh, well, glad she’ll be ok then! Kidding aside I’m kinda surprised daily wire or whatever haven’t tried their hand at right wing sci-fi. I guess budget, but considering all the problematic poo poo already in mainstream sci-fi you’d think they’d’ve at least tried by now. Also, I bet one could make a movie with 90’s era scyfy channel effects using nothing but a phone, maybe a GoPro and a cheap laptop these days. Plus Kevin Sorbo needs work. The Space Adventures of Hercules!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Johnson's keeping the vote open so they can pressure one of the no republicans to switch

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I hope the lawsuit is a huge embarrassment and Gina Carrano beats up Elon Musk

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This rules :lol:

Eat poo poo GOP

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

vote still open

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol Dipshit Mike Johnson refusing to bring the house to order because he's hoping against hope whoever isn't voting somehow votes to impeach randomly

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

216 no!!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It's pretty clear the Republicans are just trying to do something, anything, just to keep their poise and inertia.

e: I would like to lol and thank the Republican who just went Nay.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

lol Dipshit Mike Johnson refusing to bring the house to order because he's hoping against hope whoever isn't voting somehow votes to impeach randomly

The absent vote is Scalise, he's not going to show up. The republicans are pressuring one of the no votes to switch atm

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Eat poo poo you christofacist

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

LMAO ONE OF THE YES VOTES SWITCHED TO NO!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Oh, well, glad she’ll be ok then! Kidding aside I’m kinda surprised daily wire or whatever haven’t tried their hand at right wing sci-fi. I guess budget, but considering all the problematic poo poo already in mainstream sci-fi you’d think they’d’ve at least tried by now. Also, I bet one could make a movie with 90’s era scyfy channel effects using nothing but a phone, maybe a GoPro and a cheap laptop these days. Plus Kevin Sorbo needs work. The Space Adventures of Hercules!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol::lol::lol:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

MTG is going to be so loving pissed lmao

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Still can’t get over “In this empire only one orthodoxy in thought, speech, or action was acceptable”

(The orthodoxy?

Don’t be a nazi.)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Beat the poo poo out of Johnson with a Bible

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005