Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Israel's proposal basically amounted to "we may stop shooting long enough to receive the hostages you release (no promises)".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
her head game is killer I call that domeicide

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

30.5 Days posted:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

E2M2 posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68180642

DTTZE

Story absolutely broke me reading it next to my 5 year old trying to get him to sleep.

don't read this poo poo to your 5 year old you loving psycho

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
you missed a pretty crucial preposition

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

30.5 Days posted:

you missed a pretty crucial preposition

shut up nerd!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I don't think they read it TO their kid, sounds like next to them

E: beaten lol

Tbf after that one goon showed their kid kitler, then taught them about Hitler and the Holocaust when they didn't get it, i wouldn't be that surprised to read it your way

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
There was another poster earlier itt owning his kid with epic climate change facts, you can never be too careful

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
that one poster itt who gave thier 7 yo kid a panic attack explaining i/p and asked for advice on how to help them with it

yeesh

e: that said if you had advice that would be applicable to an adult i could use it on myself

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

hubris.height posted:

that one poster itt who gave thier 7 yo kid a panic attack explaining i/p and asked for advice on how to help them with it

yeesh

e: that said if you had advice that would be applicable to an adult i could use it on myself

Sure, here it is: be grateful you're not 7 years old!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Dokapon Findom posted:

There was another poster earlier itt owning his kid with epic climate change facts, you can never be too careful

That's just good parenting though

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

I said come in! posted:

Israel is built entirely on handouts from Western super powers that want something in return, so no surprise there.

im proud that some of our us tax dollars went to funding hamas

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

goon project

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1755019847199580644?t=cHlTEQRC-lh1WLwHc8usAw&s=19

wonder if this aid was more weapons or money. great news either way

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

crepeface posted:

TOI posted:

According to the House Appropriations Committee, the $17.6 billion would include $4 billion to replenish missile defense systems and $1.2 billion to counter short-range rockets and mortar threats. There’s also funding for the procurement of advanced weapons systems and to enhance the production of artillery and other munitions.

To ensure the support does not compromise US readiness, it also includes $4.4 billion to replenish US stocks of weapons provided to Israel. There’s also $3.3 billion for current US military operations in the region.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Israel is built entirely on handouts from Western super powers that want something in return, so no surprise there.

it really is funny that they made their own al qaeda and then ignored warnings about them attacking resulting in an attack that precipitated a huge right wing backlash and genocide.
well maybe not funny. coincidental i guess

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

crepeface posted:

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1755019847199580644?t=cHlTEQRC-lh1WLwHc8usAw&s=19

LMAO 17 BILLION DOLLARS

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

lobster shirt posted:

i broke the embed on the second tweet which was combat footage and tanks getting blown up. stop posting this poo poo here!!!

oh ok I assumed x dot com was broken like half the other tweets these days

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol 45% of their "aid to Israel" was to themselves?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

crepeface posted:

Wait till you hear about Ukraine.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/KSAmofaEN/status/1755020860836962666

crepeface posted:

i think the rest of it was probably "we'll give you $X billion and then you're required to spend it it with US defense contractors"
most aid to israel is just US->Israel->US contractors

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Jel Shaker posted:

this is the only place in the world i can read about logistics, doctrine and the philosophy under pinning this whole thing

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my normalization!!! nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

SplitSoul posted:

Wait till you hear about Ukraine.

pendantic 10000 word post of how 95% isn't actually "all"

Anthony Balogna
Dec 19, 2023

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://twitter.com/KSAmofaEN/status/1755020860836962666

i think the rest of it was probably "we'll give you $X billion and then you're required to spend it it with US defense contractors"

That’s a really weird loophole. If you're going to be a piece of poo poo just do it

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

The $17 billion bill to Israel failed. But let's remember that most of the Democrats who voted against it are actually in FAVOR of sending $ to Israel, they just want it packaged with Ukraine $. So the bill might still pass because everyone in the senate are fascist genocidal maniacs

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Malloc Voidstar posted:

lol i know that's how it works, but it's funny that 45% is explicitly funding the US military.

that sentence about replacing missile stocks makes me wonder how they actually calculate aid. did they pay the pentagon $4 billion for them to give up their missiles to israel, then pay pentagon another $4 billion to replace them? incredible grift if true

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
Screening of this documentary tomorrow:
https://kinema.com/events/israelism-in-partnership-with-slow-factory-zoh57g

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

crepeface posted:

lol i know that's how it works, but it's funny that 45% is explicitly funding the US military.

that sentence about replacing missile stocks makes me wonder how they actually calculate aid. did they pay the pentagon $4 billion for them to give up their missiles to israel, then pay pentagon another $4 billion to replace them? incredible grift if true

That's for the contractors. The US military needs to buy weapons from contractors to replace weapons given to Israel for free.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Retromancer posted:

Whatever happened to Israel flooding all the tunnels with seawater?

Couldn't find any underclass manual labourers to do all the work.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

Seems like a low percentage. You can't pass pork barrel bills without making sure everyone gets a cut.

Someone missed a few.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-a...-in-the-red-sea

quote:

royalnavy.mod.uk
HMS Richmond takes over from HMS Diamond to protect shipping in the Red Sea
~4 minutes

As Houthi attacks against commercial vessels continue, Royal Navy warship HMS Richmond takes over from HMS Diamond to ensure freedom of navigation in the Red Sea.

HMS Diamond joined Operation Prosperity Guardian, an international task force to protect merchant shipping in the region, in December and has maintained a near constant presence in a ‘high threat area’ of the Red Sea. The destroyer came under fire in three separate attacks by Iranian-backed Houthi rebels, successfully destroying nine drones using her world-class Sea Viper missile system and guns.

The UK continues to be at the forefront of the international response to the Houthis’ illegal attacks on commercial shipping – participating in Operation Prosperity Guardian, intercepting weapon-smuggling to Yemen, imposing sanctions to hold members of the Houthis to account and conducting necessary, proportionate and targeted strikes against Houthi military targets in Yemen.

“The UK is committed to protecting freedom of navigation. I visited HMS Diamond in January and thanked the Ship’s Company for their incredible work defending freedom of navigation, saving innocent lives and ensuring merchant shipping is protected from the illegal Houthi attacks. I am confident that HMS Richmond will carry on her impressive work,” Defence Secretary Grant Shapps said.

HMS Diamond will now undergo a period of maintenance and resupply as HMS Richmond takes over her important mission. HMS Richmond, which left Plymouth at the beginning of January, has a crew of 200 sailors and Royal Marines and a Sea Ceptor missile system, capable of protecting shipping spread out across an area the size of Greater Manchester – some 500 square miles of ocean.

HMS Richmond is also armed with a range of medium guns, machine-guns, small arms, torpedoes, a Royal Marines boarding team, and a Wildcat helicopter which can search vast areas on patrols for hostile threats on the water – and destroy them if necessary with Martlet anti-ship missiles.

“The situation in the region is fraught, and ships in the force are firing on a daily basis – we hand over the baton with our best wishes to the fantastic team in Richmond who we know will do a great job,” said Commander Peter Evans, HMS Diamond’s Commanding Officer.

“Having deployed at just five days’ notice we’re used to quickly switching aim, and now our focus is on a short maintenance and ammunition re-supply period before we get back to our mission in the Red Sea.”

HMS Diamond has sailed nearly 20,000 nautical miles on patrols since leaving Portsmouth at the end of November – almost enough to carry her around the globe – while her Wildcat helicopter has flown more than 53 hours of sorties over the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden making its crew the busiest in the Royal Navy.

it only takes about three waves of three flying lawnmowers each to cause the british to evacuate for more ammo

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Danann posted:

it only takes about three waves of three flying lawnmowers each to cause the british to evacuate for more ammo

How much ammo do they keep in the gym?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Danann posted:

hopefully the houthis can manage four waves of flying lawnmowers and achieve total domination

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
TIL that uh, FIFTY PERCENT of Jordan's population is... Palestinian.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

carcinofuck posted:

TIL that uh, FIFTY PERCENT of Jordan's population is... Palestinian.

Yeah the go to racist talking point is that Arab countries don't take Palestinian refugees, meanwhile we complain about a few thousand refugees in larger and much richer countries. It's pathetic.

Relatedly, a common lie is that only Palestinian refugees pass their refugee status to descendants, but refugees and their children are supposed to keep that status until they get citizenship elsewhere. So essentially they want Palestinians to remain refugees without refugee status in neighboring countries. A non voting permanent underclass. So you can see why Israel thinks that's ok.

And everyone should be able to return to their home country.

Adenoid Dan has issued a correction as of 04:09 on Feb 7, 2024

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
There's also the other go-to racist talking point that "Palestinians already have a country, it's called Jordan :smug:"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/mrbarnicoat/status/1754931225351880953?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

quote:

After being subjected to three attacks, Britain has announced the withdrawal of the HMS Diamond ship from the Red Sea for maintenance

Britain has announced that its warship HMS Diamond had been subjected to three separate attacks, which required its replacement with the HMS Richmond and its withdrawal for maintenance

"The situation in the area is dangerous, and the force's ships are firing on a daily basis."

- HMS Diamond Commander Evans

He also added that the focus now is on a period of maintenance before returning to the mission in the Red Sea.

In January, British Defense Secretary, Grant Shapps said that the warship HMS Diamond had been targeted in an attack by Yemen

Crazypoops posted:

That's just good parenting though

Responsible parents strap their children into the Ludovico device and force them to watch a marathon of Holocaust movies.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

30.5 Days posted:

Iron Domeicide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CheetoVonTito posted:

The $17 billion bill to Israel failed. But let's remember that most of the Democrats who voted against it are actually in FAVOR of sending $ to Israel, they just want it packaged with Ukraine $. So the bill might still pass because everyone in the senate are fascist genocidal maniacs

It's going to fail because nobody can agree on which genocides to fund. Democrats want it all while Republicans are advocating for a moderate 2 genocides at once. Well if that's their attitude we'll have no genocide at all. We've got genocide at home, do you want that!?