Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

is this better or worse than the fingerpoke of doom

at least the fingerpoke makes some sense in kayfabe given that hogan and nash were allies. cody giving up his spot and then walking around sad about it makes literally zero sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While both a dumb the Fingerpoke also had Goldberg's run ending and it killed his momentum so jts always gonna be dumber. Unless this kills this awful company

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Punk on commentary would be so much better than Mcafee

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

is this better or worse than the fingerpoke of doom

at least the fingerpoke makes some sense in kayfabe given that hogan and nash were allies. cody giving up his spot and then walking around sad about it makes literally zero sense

From a business standpoint, no decision WWE makes can be worse than the fingerpoke because they don't actually have any consequences for their bad decisions due to the anture of their guaranteed media right deals.

From a storytelling perspective?

Cody more or less implied he was biding his time and he would take "everything" from Roman, not just the title, implying that what he was doing would lose to Roman losing all of his power and influence. I still have no idea how the whole "Tribal Chief" bullshit works, what it actually represents within the Anoai family and what practical power it gives Roman besides getting to choose whether family dinner is at Fuddruckers or Golden Corral this month. But if the Rock defeats Roman for the title, it would, you assume, rob him of not only the title, but his power within his family. This still doesn't make much sense because....if the Rock beats Roman, then Rock will have the title? So it would make the most sense for Cody to beat Roman first for the title, then be like, oh btw, somebody else wants a shot at you too.

Having said that, I still think it makes marginally more sense than the fingerpoke because why in God's name would Nash EVER agree to that? I understand why Kevin Nash, the person, agreed to it. Because he got to beat Goldberg and then didn't have to actually put over Hogan, he fake lost on purpose. But why the gently caress is Kevin Nash, the character, giving the title up?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nash the character was the same guy. wcw was real life

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Tato posted:

Wrestlemania on NES explained this, it’s a power-up Cody should have collected.

Skill issue

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

wrestling has more than two royal families

actually why are the rhodeses considered a royal family? only three of of em and not a wwe champion out of the bunch. the anoai fam are bursting at the seams with belts and there's a whole mess of em

the rhodeses are like when u boot up a crusader kings game and theres a small independent principality that gets on alright for the first few years because they spawn with a good leader and within a couple hours u forget they were even there

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

shiksa posted:

actually why are the rhodeses considered a royal family? only three of of em and not a wwe champion out of the bunch. the anoai fam are bursting at the seams with belts and there's a whole mess of em

the rhodeses are like when u boot up a crusader kings game and theres a small independent principality that gets on alright for the first few years because they spawn with a good leader and within a couple hours u forget they were even there

dusty was really really good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

one dusty could out eat an entire family of rocks

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

one dusty could eat out an entire family of rocks

:2monocle:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
No seriously where did the rubber chicken come from? It's very funny

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Elephant Ambush posted:

Someone from the crowd just threw it in there. Someone with forethought and perfect comedic timing.

edit: Watching it live everyone was cackling that poor dumb loser Cody lost and then flop, rubber chicken appears next to him. It was a true Wrestlemania Moment.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cm punk on commentary is better than cm punk sitting at home if you've just paid more than TNA was going to pay for him after AEW fired him I guess

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Someone legit pissed at Cody losing had a rubber chicken prop with them that they'd gotten during the trip/stay in the area, and threw it from their seat in the stands at Reigns. Adding to the comedy of the whole situation, the drat thing actually did have impressive distance from video I saw on Twitter of the throw, and still missed and hit Cody the loser/the person he was a fan of instead

There's a sincere argument to make that life just...happening is funnier than any intentionally-planned joke or comedy. Exhibit A: everything that's happened to Cody since he came crawling back. Exhibit B: everything that's happened to Punk since he got mad at a Hangman promo reference only he understood

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

1glitch0 posted:

Someone from the crowd just threw it in there. Someone with forethought and perfect comedic timing.

edit: Watching it live everyone was cackling that poor dumb loser Cody lost and then flop, rubber chicken appears next to him. It was a true Wrestlemania Moment.

Thank you. That fan is a hero

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cody is a giant chicken and only i can see it

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

MJeff posted:

But why the gently caress is Kevin Nash, the character, giving the title up?

Kevin Nash also just gave a world title to Ric Flair to be nice.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Someone legit pissed at Cody losing had a rubber chicken prop with them that they'd gotten during the trip/stay in the area, and threw it from their seat in the stands at Reigns. Adding to the comedy of the whole situation, the drat thing actually did have impressive distance from video I saw on Twitter of the throw, and still missed and hit Cody the loser/the person he was a fan of instead

There's a sincere argument to make that life just...happening is funnier than any intentionally-planned joke or comedy. Exhibit A: everything that's happened to Cody since he came crawling back. Exhibit B: everything that's happened to Punk since he got mad at a Hangman promo reference only he understood

they werent pissed at cody and were shocked it landed in the ring iirc

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

shiksa posted:

They're not. Unless you're Cody.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That DICK! posted:

they werent pissed at cody and were shocked it landed in the ring iirc

At Cody losing, not at Cody. It was a Cody fan

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I do love the idea that everything was a work from day 1 because as we all know the best works are the ones where it makes literally everyone involved in the situation look like a complete dumbass idiot

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

I hadn't noticed this before but it looks like there's a child crying in the background too, lol.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I hadn't noticed this before but it looks like there's a child crying in the background too, lol.

smiles on faces!!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

that child is crying tears of joy at the defeat of the arrogant cody

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hedgehog Pie posted:

i think hes asleep

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hedgehog Pie posted:

You'd cry too if your dad threw your dinner at Cody Rhodes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also it needs to be pointed out for everyone who didnt watch mania that the rubber chicken actually hit cody

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Ilja Dragunov is really good.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Endorph posted:

also it needs to be pointed out for everyone who didnt watch mania that the rubber chicken actually hit cody

It's the best :lol:
https://youtu.be/zP3Af5zuTVY?si=_SiLUxnS_UAvJm9S

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

When it's good it interrupts a big brawl or the timing is that yeah. "Waiting to catch" isn't as big a deal in the ring to me since the logic is the opponent thinking "Foolish, I will simply use my strength to catch this wrestler and reverse it into a hold or a suplex :smug:"
That's a good idea, but the gambit really needs to work from time to time to get across the idea that this is what they are doing, otherwise it looks like they are constantly trying to do something they can never pull off.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

Ilja Dragunov is really good.

He's incredible. Dude wrestles like if he ever stops moving he'll explode.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

He's incredible. Dude wrestles like if he ever stops moving he'll explode.

I've only seen him in 2 matches and 1 interview segment over the last 3 days and he got busted open hardway in all 3 appearances and was on a Kurt Angle-esque intensity run the entire time. That dude will be wasted in WWE.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Check out his matches with WALTER he had a few years ago. They're all great. Funny how those two are the only people in WWE who get to keep their style and surprise surprise, they're way better than everyone else. God I wish he was in any other company.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Hedgehog Pie posted:

then

now

forever

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Check out his matches with WALTER he had a few years ago.

these are excellent, and i believe both were in nxt uk

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Just read that WALTER was trained by Tomohiro Ishii and that makes so much sense

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ilja wrestles like he's going to kill you no matter what it takes, even if it ends up killing him too. Nobody else in the company has that aura of being like, completely dedicated to winning no matter what it takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

graph posted:

these are excellent, and i believe both were in nxt uk

one was in NXT UK with no crowd and one was on an NXT TakeOver