Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
bsky-social-janhs-vlzhc

bsky-social-hge76-dwduq

bsky-social-5thlc-cl6po

bsky-social-2dlyk-kkr4e

bsky-social-qgbjz-alvit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok take these before they become useless

bsky-social-s3bq5-fhfnq
bsky-social-bgauo-o7bxz
bsky-social-4w6te-5g7ry
bsky-social-7q6g6-6h6tj
bsky-social-dr4my-yulhv

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They are useless, they just opened it up to sign up without an invite

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

TrashMammal posted:

bluesky codes kinda starting to feel like that one dude at party desperately looking for a cocaine buddy

I've got a bunch but it's at a point that it feels like there's dozens of unused ones in here so I stopped posting them.

E:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Then lol.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
You can just sign up to bluesky now without an invite.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I know, just wanted to dump the codes before anyone realized :ssh:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://bsky.social/about/blog/02-06-2024-join-bluesky

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

:lmao:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

:toot:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Then I hung on to my codes just long enough for it to be funny!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:hmmyes:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Lol

Will be interesting to see the stats now it's all open.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Solefald posted:

Will be interesting to see the stats now it's all open.

https://bsky.jazco.dev/stats

You can follow in real-time here.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

wow, i'm in the 95th percentile

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

So are we finally going to get Bsky embedding in the forum??

Bsky has been publicly viewable for like 2-3 weeks and now you don't even need codes anymore. Since Discord embeds Bsky the only other reason given back in September for why SA doesn't embed it was that it wasn't publicly viewable.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Feb 7, 2024

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
More useful than embedding would be some sort of auto-screenshotting, to prevent dead links in the future. I appreciate that's probably way more complicated to code, though.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Welcome new folks! Feel free to add yourselves to the goonfeed here:

Add yourself to the GoonSky feed

You can add the GoonSky feed to your feeds here

And don't forget:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://fediversereport.com/bluesky-opens-the-network/

https://bsky.app/profile/det.bsky.social/post/3kkw2edhtc527

Apparently, most of the new Bluesky users are Japanese.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 9, 2024

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

posting a lol remembering that bluesky exists and people use it.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Oh that's cool as hell! Hopefully all my favourite Borzoi accounts will come to BlueSky now :3:

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!
My roommate kinda got a little following on Japanese Twitter for her fanart. I’ll have to tell her to move over.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Are the Japanese aware of how much of a putz Musk is? Why are they taking to bluesky?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Twitter is huge in Japan. His loving with the platform is plainly making it worse probably

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I’ve seen a few, very funny, posts of musk hate in the Japanese twitter Tears of kingdom community which leads me to believe they are definitely aware of what a cock he is.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
https://bsky.app/profile/jocat.net/post/3kkv6zth5lx23

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Oh that's weird, the app still shows you have invites. You'd think they removed that when they opened registrations for everyone. :haw:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Oh that's weird, the app still shows you have invites. You'd think they removed that when they opened registrations for everyone. :haw:

The leftover invites are the mark of the Bluesky Elders.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I have exactly five invite codes so hell, same

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
5 Bluesky invite codes for sale.
Never used.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
can i sell the invites back to bluesky?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Does anyone know if the Discover feed learns from mutes/blocks? I like the kinda chaotic factor but there's friends in my social group who are into things I'm not, and I'm not sure if I can teach the feed or I'm just muting individual posters and the next time one comes along it'll still say "hey Bruceski's contacts like this, he will too!"

Or maybe it's not the friends I have and everybody gets fed shirtless bears by that feed.

I found "Discover mixes in a global view of what’s trending in the network with posts from accounts you follow and posts from accounts near your social graph" but no explanation of what a social graph is.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

So far I've seen zero indication that the default feed is algorhithmic. The custom feed like 'Discover', maybe?

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
For me the dark mode is a bit too dark, and I have used this Stylish/Stylus userstyle (https://userstyles.world/style/10607/bluesky-unheck-dark) to tweak things to my liking. But something has changed in the page, and now I can't change the background color anymore. I don't know enough CSS/scripting to know what specifically has changed, and how to fix it.

Can someone help me out, or know of another way to change the background color?

[edit] Never mind, there's a working script for it now: https://userstyles.world/style/14656/bluesky-dim-like-twitter-blueskydimtwitter

JointHorse fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 14, 2024

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Sywert of Thieves posted:

So far I've seen zero indication that the default feed is algorhithmic. The custom feed like 'Discover', maybe?

The Following feed has no algorithm; it’s arranged chronologically with only the people you follow, just as people always wanted.

Other feeds can be set up to include popular posts from the network at large or to organize posts by popularity.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
The "For You" feed by skygaze.io does a pretty good job of fining you new stuff

https://bsky.app/profile/did:plc:wqowuobffl66jv3kpsvo7ak4/feed/the-algorithm

It works off both accounts you follow and posts you like. Tries to determine what communities it previously sorted people into you like and try to send you stuff from them

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://techcrunch.com/2024/02/14/bluesky-and-mastodon-users-are-having-a-fight-that-could-shape-the-next-generation-of-social-media

A guy wrote a bridge that allows Bluesky to federate with Mastodon. Mastodon users are not happy.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

"Bluesky and Mastodon users are having a fight that could shape the next generation of social media" lmao does that mean that nobody is going to use the next generation of social media?

:pray: please be true

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
What if I have both? What then?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

youll have to pick a side at some point. ain't no such thing as half way crooks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Edward Mass posted:

You are very conflicted and paralyzed about most life decisions.