Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

Reading a Sigmar short that came out last october, Of Blood and Guts by Gary Kloster.

I always say what I read last is my favorite such and such, but this is a super fun short story.

Two protagonist story of a brain-eating Ogre mercenary and a Vampire courtier who meet under arms but maybe become the best of friends. It's a really breezy short with two characters I'd love to see more of, especially the ogre who's genuinely quite funny.

Big recommend if you have some bucks to spend.

If I spread the word enough maybe Kloster could expand it into a full book.

BL has had a good track record recently of introducing characters like that in short stories and then giving them a full novel down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/CGTester/status/1754486303549264206?t=lizu2Mj1QK-R5MxstqWHTA&s=19

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
finished pariah last night

i pretty much was :tviv: the entire time.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Arbite posted:

We're finally going to get something on the Emperor's Claw!

The world will never know...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MariusLecter posted:

Casting call for MENACING, BALD MEN to play Erebus, Horus and pretty much all the 40k cast of any story and era.

MARK

STRONG

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

He ready played an ultramarine so he should be Robby G

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

He played Eisenhorn in the Xenos videogame adaptation, and I maintain he’d do a good job as Eisenhorn in a live action adaptation too.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again; all Marines should be played by professional wrestlers.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

And his name was JOHN GRAMMATICUS

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
Only Horus, Vulkan, Perturabo, Lorgar and Alpharius are bald, aren't they? Fulgrim, Sanguinius and Magnus all have glorious long flowing hair, Corax and Konrad have emo boy hair, and Dorn, Guilleman, the Lion and Ferrus have basically ordinary short haircuts I think.

No idea if Mortarion has hair to be honest.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

He has greasy rat boy hair.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Holt McCallany and Michael Shanon should be in 40k stuff too.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

GW are releasing The Art Of The Horus Heresy which is funny because it's just a collection of the book covers, and most of the book covers quite frankly suck.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

GW are releasing The Art Of The Horus Heresy which is funny because it's just a collection of the book covers, and most of the book covers quite frankly suck.

I was a little curious what that book was going to be, thanks for convincing me not to buy it.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Azubah posted:

He has greasy rat boy hair.

Another reason for him to hate Magnus so much :hmmyes:

Leman Russ and Jaghatai also have long hair and Angron's another baldy I guess.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Kylaer posted:

Another reason for him to hate Magnus so much :hmmyes:

Leman Russ and Jaghatai also have long hair and Angron's another baldy I guess.

Angron's technically bald, but the Nails look like metal dreadlocks :black101:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

A shame because the previous Horus Heresy art books, with all the art from the card game, are awesome.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Does it not have any of John Blanche's work? Or the stuff from the original TCG?

EotD3 spoilers:
actually maybe that was part of the inspiration for some of the Emps/Horus card battle, since that actually predated the novel series and IIRC actually sparked interest in exploring the whole era in the first place.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 5, 2024

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I've said this before, but I'll say it again; all Marines should be played by professional wrestlers.

Sad that the original Road Warriors are both dead, but John Cena would no-poo poo do well in this roll.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Kylaer posted:

Kharn keeps crossing paths with Corax as he's huntng for Lorgar, they both nod and wave and continue their separate ways.

This is from way back but I'd super dig a series where they team up and have all kinds of crazy warp adventures good cop / bad cop style

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Kylaer posted:

Only Horus, Vulkan, Perturabo, Lorgar and Alpharius are bald, aren't they? Fulgrim, Sanguinius and Magnus all have glorious long flowing hair, Corax and Konrad have emo boy hair, and Dorn, Guilleman, the Lion and Ferrus have basically ordinary short haircuts I think.

No idea if Mortarion has hair to be honest.

Never forget Ruinstorm Lion Yee-Yee rear end'el Jonson:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

NihilCredo posted:

My God he looks like he's Dennis Quaid in Dragonheart.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Arc Hammer posted:

My God he looks like he's Dennis Quaid in Dragonheart.

Nic Cage in Con Air for me.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007

NihilCredo posted:

The Art of the Horus Heresy right here folks :pwn:

Sanguinius' British-parliament-wig hairdo is in strong competition with the Lion's mismatched beard and hair.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Jesus, when I read that I assumed that Alabama gas station Jack Black was just some random dark templar

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Kylaer posted:

The Art of the Horus Heresy right here folks :pwn:

Everything in that cover is insanely bad. It's like three separate DeviantArt portrait pieces got handed over to a first-year graphic design student, who was told to make some generic warp poo poo using Kai's Power Tools and then follow a Photoshop tutorial to place the primarchs in it (but they only had GIMP).

It manages to be a huge step down from the lovely 3D renders of early HH book covers.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

NihilCredo posted:

Everything in that cover is insanely bad. It's like three separate DeviantArt portrait pieces got handed over to a first-year graphic design student, who was told to make some generic warp poo poo using Kai's Power Tools and then follow a Photoshop tutorial to place the primarchs in it (but they only had GIMP).

It manages to be a huge step down from the lovely 3D renders of early HH book covers.

Yeah I don't understand why the HH covers turned out like they did.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

"Unwritten" is a bad word choice for a book's tagline.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
David Annandale? Has he written any other books?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

MariusLecter posted:

David Annandale? Has he written any other books?

Roboute's primarch novel, average to forgetable.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I really hope the meeting of Guilliman and the Lion is not in one of the codex books. I need a full novel that involves both of them together. That and Cawl are basically all I care about at the moment for current day lore.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Hamelekim posted:

I really hope the meeting of Guilliman and the Lion is not in one of the codex books. I need a full novel that involves both of them together. That and Cawl are basically all I care about at the moment for current day lore.

I need them to have a 40 page argument/vent session.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

OPAONI posted:

Alternately, a completely baffling BL mandate where the two never speak to each other again, for no discernible reason. Really lean into it, where one leaves the room just as the other enters, to the point where characters wonder if they’re not both the same person because no one ever sees them in the same place at the same time. Have bizarre contrivances for why they can’t even talk with each other over vox. Get really stupid with it.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 6, 2024

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

OPAONI posted:

Xenomrph posted:

Alternately, a completely baffling BL mandate where the two never speak to each other again, for no discernible reason. Really lean into it, where one leaves the room just as the other enters, to the point where characters wonder if they’re not both the same person because no one ever sees them in the same place at the same time. Have bizarre contrivances for why they can’t even talk with each other over vox. Get really stupid with it.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

What is this from?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Xenomrph posted:

Cawl fires up Lion Inferior after surreptitiously getting a brainscan and then it's the 3 inferiors getting into increasingly convoluted plots on how they'll take over from Cawl and save the Imperium.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

NihilCredo posted:

this cover is good because it gets the detail of the Lion carrying a stinky old chainsword instead of his usual fancy sword correctly

also he looks like Attitude Era Triple H

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Maybe it's because I'm in a post teatd fugue, but I bought brutal kunnin' on audible, and I just absolutely can not get into the VA, who seems to be afraid to raise his voice, which works very poorly for an ork book- though in fairness, it is perhaps a book not well suited for narration, what with orks screaming all of the time

Shame, because it seems like a pretty funny book. Maybe I’ll read the analog version one day.

Moving on to soul hunter instead!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
finished penitent last night. ok when the gently caress is the last book coming out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

finished penitent last night. ok when the gently caress is the last book coming out?

Buddy, we've been asking that since 2021.