Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Shinji2015 posted:

Eagerly awaiting the day Musk buys a team and immediately renames them to the Xers

The siXers of Philadelphia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

how is that hindsight, these are his opinions at the time of the draft

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Seems like he should be an FO dude and not on the sidelines.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Darnold and Rosen still too high

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Darnold and Rosen still too high

Darnold might end the week with more rings than Allen, Jackson, and Mayfield combined.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

DeimosRising posted:

how is that hindsight, these are his opinions at the time of the draft

our hindsight

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/UW_Football/status/1754958048089796817?t=2RDDDNmPOQx52CJb5VrwPA&s=19

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The look of a man trying to figure out what they mean by the 206

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Wow Steve is coaching against Rutgers next year. Who is Bill gonna root for?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Sataere posted:

The look of a man trying to figure out what they mean by the 206

206 is the number of times the announcers will mention Bill every game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

indigi posted:

yeah and he speaks really highly of learning from Alex Smith how to take the job seriously. it was as perfect a landing spot as there's ever been for a QB

And he spent that year running drills every day with Mike Kafka which miraculously fixed his footwork.

I'm still mad we let Kafka get away. We should have blocked him from interviewing with other teams like the Giants just did

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

that man’s head is made of solid concrete

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Wow Steve is coaching against Rutgers next year. Who is Bill gonna root for?

Bill only watches Baseball and Lacrosse for rooting purposes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

Think the Saints would have been kind of unstoppable though

There is no :sigh: big enough.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Forrest on Fire posted:

Bill only watches Baseball and Lacrosse for rooting purposes.

Are we talking the Aussie definition of rooting or what

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If so: he’ll be rootin and tootin prolifically

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Are we talking the Aussie definition of rooting or what

I mean he derives 0 joy from professional football and doesn't watch it to root for anyone.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Forrest on Fire posted:

I mean he derives 0 joy from professional football and doesn't watch it to root for anyone.

A true fan

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He sounds like Bill and has the same last name! Lets hire him! See how gruff he is!?! Lmao I cant wait to watch him fail.

And Ben McAdoo for GM imo

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Dr_Strangelove posted:

that man’s head is made of solid concrete

Bill needed something to bounce ideas off of.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Does 206 actually have an associated abbreviation?

I ask because Knoxville's area code is literally "VOL".

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Scratch the "at least he's not OC" justification

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1755036295657845230

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

xbilkis posted:

Hm. Well.

There are worse things than having Greg Roman take over the league's 32nd ranked run offense

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I live in a miserable football hellscape where the Kansas City Chiefs win every SB but at least I can obtain a few lulz at the the newest piece from the Commander's Gazette (formally known as The Athletic)

This one is from David Aldridge who is really really into basketball...

quote:

ASHBURN, Va. — The Washington Commanders nailed the hire that matters most.

Adam Peters is running the show.

Everything else, including Dan Quinn and Kliff Kingsbury and Joe Whitt Jr., flows from that. And all those hires matter. But get the ultimate pecking order straight in your head: Peters et al. 

quote:

someone in Ben Johnson’s camp leaked word over the weekend that the Detroit Lions’ offensive coordinator was turned off by Washington’s ownership group during his interviews with them, dismissing them as “basketball guys” who “were a little too confident in their football opinions.” And that, one guesses, was part of why he broke off negotiations with the team as Harris and company were en route to Detroit for a second interview with him.

That’s not the flex whoever said that thinks it is.

Last time I checked, the elite “basketball guys” make five to 10 times more money playing their sport than elite “football guys” do playing theirs and are 100 times more famous and more commercially viable as a result. And I’d be curious if most NFL head coaches would be happy getting contracts that “basketball guys” like George Karl got as NBA head coaches … 20 years ago. And since the Lions have come up short in their last two postseasons, while Myers’ and Magic Johnson’s hands are weighed down by the championship rings they own, maybe Ben Johnson and/or his camp should get off their high horses and listen to people who’ve actually won something.

And speaking of being turned off...

quote:

We all agree Washington wanted Ben Johnson. The Commanders couldn’t get him. Life goes on.

I probably wasn’t my wife’s first choice, you know?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Washington man I was cheering for y'all but holy poo poo I don't want this meltdown to end

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jesus christ can an entire organization be that insecure?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

pasaluki posted:

I live in a miserable football hellscape where the Kansas City Chiefs win every SB but at least I can obtain a few lulz at the the newest piece from the Commander's Gazette (formally known as The Athletic)

This one is from David Aldridge who is really really into basketball...

And speaking of being turned off...

lol that dudes wife is either a wine mom or heartbroken that her husband would think that of her

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Christ, if they had just shut their mouths it would’ve looked slightly embarrassing and everyone would’ve moved on in 48 hours. Instead we get the giants as the most seemingly competent nfce franchise somehow right now? At least in the conversation, which lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Better be thought the fool than opening one's mouth and removing all doubt.

Washington, you are truly fools.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I'll give this to Dianna Russini. She channeled her inner Leni Riefenstahl and delivered some propaganda but at least the takeaway from her article was better than the Washington Commanders got cucked in their coaching search and that reminds me of how my spouse just doesn't look at me the same way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's so hosed up that the Lions and Commies don't play each other in 2024.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

xbilkis posted:

This offense is gonna own for two years

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Magical Johnson

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I just looked at the Chargers depth chart and I didn't see any FBs?? gonna need to rectify that

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
So in this fantasy land the Washington higher-ups live in, the one being crafted by these asinine pieces of "journalism", what should Johnson have done instead? Done the second interview, and then... rejected their contract offer?

I know they're just throwing a tantrum, but getting Aldridge and others to pen these columns is baffling. It's either arguing that they'd rather have wasted time doing a second interview and then getting rejected a day or two later, or they're delusional enough to think he shouldn't have been permitted to turn them down.

Bizarre, funny, worrisome (if you're NattyBo or another WFT fan) stuff.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am going to trust that Harbaugh knows what he has in Justin Herbert and will not let Greg Roman turn him into a QB who throws the ball 14 times a game.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Owen Hart?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

AndrewP posted:

I just looked at the Chargers depth chart and I didn't see any FBs?? gonna need to rectify that

Lions have a pretty good one they could trade in return for a 1st or 2nd.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

kalensc posted:

So in this fantasy land the Washington higher-ups live in, the one being crafted by these asinine pieces of "journalism", what should Johnson have done instead? Done the second interview, and then... rejected their contract offer?

I know they're just throwing a tantrum, but getting Aldridge and others to pen these columns is baffling. It's either arguing that they'd rather have wasted time doing a second interview and then getting rejected a day or two later, or they're delusional enough to think he shouldn't have been permitted to turn them down.

Bizarre, funny, worrisome (if you're NattyBo or another WFT fan) stuff.

Billionaires dont like to be told no. Hostile takeovers, buy anything that pisses you off. And this guy just told them na so they are in a tizzy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Johnson turned down a lot of money.

Billionaires never turn down money.