Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

wtf, isn't it "inalienable"? Did she get that wrong too?
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Tomfoolery posted:

Odysseus out campaigning against Nikki Haley

I dunno, seems like he’d be more effective starting with down ballot candidates, specifically Dan Crenshaw

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I can't get too mad at people mispronouncing words; it's pretty common with auto-dictats who've only read, but never heard, a word and can be used as a cudgel to beat working class people with.

Doubling down and claiming your pronunciation is correct is something else entirely, though.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Stoatbringer posted:

wtf, isn't it "inalienable"? Did she get that wrong too?
lol

The list of words Boebert doesn’t know how to pronounce correctly is not a short one.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Disco Pope posted:

auto-dictats

:eng99:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Bugsy posted:

Nice to see an update on thread favorites Wohl and Burkman.

https://twitter.com/SeamusHughes/status/1754671978558996586

Though I don't how the gently caress they arent being charged with kidnapping or something else.

How do you make a fake tinder profile of a female who is of age and then try to nail the person who got catfished by arguing they are AKTUALLY seeking own minors :psyduck:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
So are conservatives trying to gaslight us with spelling and pronunciation now?

:lol:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's the confidence of the truly stupid. They don't even begin to grasp how loving stupid they are so they just bull on through convinced they're the smartest person in the room.

edit:

cr0y posted:

How do you make a fake tinder profile of a female who is of age and then try to nail the person who got catfished by arguing they are AKTUALLY seeking own minors :psyduck:

It's Jacob Wohl. He would just lie about it. Heavily edit the tape to never show the woman and just say they're a pedo. When you have absolutely no allegiance to the truth, things get real easy and they've done exactly this before. Invite a woman to your rape-boat and say she was there for an orgy. It's all just lies.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 7, 2024

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Ha ha, yeah, I don't have an excuse there beyond brain farts.

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

I dunno, seems like he’d be more effective starting with down ballot candidates, specifically Dan Crenshaw

If you vote for Dan Crenshaw, beloved son of Poseidon, he shall eat you last

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

No - he put himself on the ballot before dropping out. It may have been too late to take himself off

Ah, mystery solved. That was puzzling me, I was 'I swear I heard that he'd dropped out'.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

All Swift would have to do is a "tag me in your selfie with your I VOTED sticker for an exclusive Spotify album unlock and this Certified Taylor Swift Democracy Super Fan NFT!"

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

weg posted:

So are conservatives trying to gaslight us with spelling and pronunciation now?

:lol:

She said something wrong a few days ago and instead of anyone hearing what she was complaining about, everyone mocked her.

So now, she's being even stupider, ya know, to make us look foolish.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus loving Christ

https://x.com/ValentinaForSOS/status/1754964444776443937?s=20

quote:

One Missouri GOP candidate has incorporated book burning into her campaign. Valentina Gomez, who is running for secretary of state, posted a video of herself burning public library books with a flamethrower.

In her video, Gomez stated she was burning “grooming” books from a Missouri public library, and would be burning more if elected. A library catalog label can be seen attached to at least one of the burning books.

A sign with what appears to be the words, “liberal tears,” was attached to the flamethrower Gomez used to admittedly destroy public property. Intentionally burning library books could be considered a crime.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I'm guessing Bobo thinks it's like a lien on your house, i.e. no one can put a lien on your rights. Un(a)lienable!!

She's very dumb

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Failed Imagineer posted:

I must have missed this one...

To be honest I don't even 100% remember the full context of it but I remember howling my balls off at the thread chanting

WE rear end (GRAPES)

WE rear end (GRAPES)

I think it was kind of an amalgamation of some of Trump's weirdest tweets including the one that just said: We

I wish I could remember the (grapes) one.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

They finally caught one of them terrorists at the berder!
https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy3j5w/tennessee-man-arrested-plotting-attack-southern-border-fbi

quote:

Tennessee Man Plotted to Bring Guns and Explosives to the Border, FBI Says

[...]
He showed undercover employees his “war room,” which included a large amount of ammo, a bulletproof vest, and numerous firearms including multiple AR-15s and a Creedmoor rifle, which is popular among snipers. He’d said he was in possession of tannerite, which he said could be “easily converted into claymore mines” according to court documents, and said he knew someone in Tennessee who could make IEDs. He also said he’d planted butane tanks around his property, which he could blow up if law enforcement ever arrived.

Faye has been charged with possession of an unregistered silencer, which was affixed to the 6.5 Creedmoor rifle. The government is seeking Faye’s detention pending the outcome of the trial.

Oh

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Senate is going to try to do aid package w/o border stuff today

also, since I didn't see it, Biden won big in Nevada yesterday

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Beefed Owl posted:

I wish I could remember the (grapes) one.

It was something to do with a Trump vinyard.
"blah blah blah at the Trump Winery (grapes} blah blah", helpfully explaining to people who don't know what wine is made from.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

So throw her in jail for burning a library's books then. And maybe for her lovely totally appproved flame thrower.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

On the one hand, its nazi book burning, but on the other, the true and free constitution of america gives you the legally protected right to be a card carrying fuhrerwaffensharfenshitten in a military compound in the woods or indeed the capitol

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Karenheit 451

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm mildly disappointed we didn't get that impeachment yesterday. That was such an obvious "republicans shooting themselves in their own foot" scenario that it would have been hilarious to play out. And shining a spotlight on their imaginary "border crisis" would make it a double loser.

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Have some hopium: The Engoron ruling might be big

https://www.alternet.org/judge-engoron-massive-penalty/

Yeah, when he asked about the perjury it wasn't because he was reconsidering evidence, it was because lying to the court justified stacking the penalties extra high. If we knew that was coming, I would have guessed another 50 or hundred million higher.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Book burnings are so hot right now

zone
Dec 6, 2016

-1 terrorist.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just out and open book burning.

So how soon before they call up Hugo Boss to see if they've got any old uniform designs rattling around?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The good guys always burn the books, right?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/steinkobbe/stat...%5Es1_&ref_url=

honestly the funniest part is if she had made some vague but teary appology and went hat in hand to the mouse and begged in the right way, she would get the job. now its just lol.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

this Karen was a Mean Girl in high school and has taken the Burn Book thing a little too far

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

But wait why would the liberal tears be shooting flames at the books? Shouldn’t it be like, Republican Rage or something?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
If the Biden HQ doesn't highlight his 90+% win in Nevada, and None of These Candidates huge 60+% win for the GOP, they need someone else at the helm.

That's some funny poo poo right there.

Toxic Mental posted:

But wait why would the liberal tears be shooting flames at the books? Shouldn’t it be like, Republican Rage or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYTQ7__NNDI&t=9s

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

The tears FUEL the the flamethrower, like gas I guess.

So liberal tears are... combustible?

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

many moons ago I was bemoaning the state of American politics (while living in Australia) to my lefty Mum and saying something like "Dubya is the dumbest loving moron alive"; and Mum made a point that I've really strived to live by to this day. It was something to the effect of "It's easy to dismiss someone you disagree with as 'dumb', 'stupid', 'idiotic' if you think they're wrong, but in a conversation or an argument that dismissal sets you back, makes you look like the idiot". Ever since then I usually make a conscious effort to engage on the merits rather than to simply fall back to that kind of low-hanging fruit.

But holy gently caress Lauren Boebert is the dumbest loving moron alive.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Nocheez posted:

If the Biden HQ doesn't highlight his 90+% win in Nevada, and None of These Candidates huge 60+% win for the GOP, they need someone else at the helm.

The GOP side is much more complicated. Nevada is apparently having a binding caucus and a non-binding primary. I don't think Haley is even on the ballot for the caucus.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Real sad lol. If she isn't getting slammed with constant vids of Nazi book burnings, then what the hell is going on.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Toxic Mental posted:

I was going to type something up but the link performed wonderfully in stead.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Toxic Mental posted:

Conservatives doing that thing where they make their opponents sound cool by claiming liberals have... let's see... napalm tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
is today the day