Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

im hooked on blasphemous 2. the switch + metroidvainias is so win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

whaley posted:

how are any of those suggestions flight simulators

pilotwings 64 has extremely realistic physics and is based on true locations and events

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

whaley posted:

how are any of those suggestions flight simulators

I'm not sure what you mean, the Pilotwing-games are pretty much flight simulators. That's their entire thing. You simulate learning how to become a pilot.

As I'm the current world record holder in plane crashes in Pilotwings, I think it may be even a bit too simulationist, ha ha :v:

Edit:

There's also the Island Flight Simulator and Take Off, the Nintendo Switch Flight Simulator, if Pilotwings alone isn't doing it.

Apparently (I googled for two seconds), Take Off has good reviews and some people like it. That could be good for a kid into flight simulators.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 7, 2024

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Quantum of Phallus posted:

im hooked on blasphemous 2. the switch + metroidvainias is so win

Thank the Miracle the LP got me back onto my save so I can go for the new ending and thus move on onto 2*, albeit I heard some mixed reactions in terms of setting/lore which would be a shame cause the "Actually just Catholicism, but Metroidvania" is one of its strongest points.

*if I don't get brainwormed into doing the last NG+ playthrough I need and the speedrun achievement (which tbf can be cheesed nowadays via sequence breaking).

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I really need to get back into Blasphemous, but the native port of Legend of Dragoon is out and has a Steam Deck specific release sooooo....

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
There's also a flight simulator on Switch aptly named "Flight Simulator" :)

I have it, and the Switch says I've played it for "5 hours or more."

There's a million planes, and destinations (real life versions), but it's sort of buggy :saddowns:

e: you have to unlock the planes, you don't have access to the full fleet out of the gate (I thought I'd mention that, because I don't know how it works in other flight sims). The more you fly, the quicker you get the XP or whatever.
I'm still on the 2nd plane, I'm saving up for the plane I want and it's like 20,000,000 XP or something ridiculous (it's one of the last planes you can get), but I'm almost there.

e2: Pilotwings is a flight sim 100% A bit arcadey, but a good comparison would be like NBA Jam to NBA2K or whatever.

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 7, 2024

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Mario vs Donkey Kong seems kinda boring but this opening image of DK having a one button tv remote was a good chuckle

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Steve Yun posted:

Mario vs Donkey Kong seems kinda boring but this opening image of DK having a one button tv remote was a good chuckle

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I still love the smash bros king k rool reveal trailer, dk and diddy's reactions are hilarious. But in this clip they have an analog TV with turn dials on it, so the one button remote is probably accurate haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-gfC1upmoA

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Steve Yun posted:

thats not a tv remote thats the switch 2

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm the phone picture of a switch instead of exporting a screenshot

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
That's the best way to do it now

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
thats not a phone thats the switch 2

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm the phone picture of a switch instead of exporting a screenshot

exporting screenshots is such a hassle last I bothered, I can't blame them.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Blasphemous 1 and 2 are both great but it is true that Blasphemous 2 does not get quite as creepy and hosed up as the first one.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Oxyclean posted:

exporting screenshots is such a hassle last I bothered, I can't blame them.

Message: Your screenshot has been uploaded to the Switch Online Netwo,,,hahaha that's not a thing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
there's an app called switchbuddy that makes exporting screenshots really easy

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
So between Nintendo's typically poo poo implementation of what should be an easy online feature and not wanting to download a dedicated app I'm glad we solved the mystery of that poster going with the quickest and easiest option

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just have a burner screenshot twitter account. It’s easy

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Just plug a USB cord from your Switch to your computer ffs

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waffle! posted:

it rules that since sony killed twitter uploads now the only way to get screenshots off a ps4 is by plugging in a usb drive

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

You can just scan 2 QR codes and bingo bango there it is on your phone.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

hatty posted:

I just have a burner screenshot twitter account. It’s easy

It's the easiest way to post quick clips too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

runchild posted:

This

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

runchild posted:

This

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

runchild posted:

This

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The 2 QR codes is great because it doesn't rely on any online service, you will be able to wirelessly grab images from the switch as long as the thing still operates.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I do the burner Twitter thing myself but however you do it it's not really that major a hassle.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I just don’t share screenshots :smug:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I just don’t share screenshots :smug:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

so good still lol

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Since buying the Switch on Launch Day, I've only ever taken screenshots when I accidentally press the button :shrug:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

eightysixed posted:

Since buying the Switch on Launch Day, I've only ever taken screenshots when I accidentally press the button :shrug:

:same:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what is wrong with you people

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

eightysixed posted:

I take screenshots all the time, hundreds of them, and never look at them.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Feels Villeneuve posted:

what is wrong with you people

They have no joy in their hearts nor brains in their heads.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Steve Yun posted:

nice pube on the screen brother

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Waffle! posted:

runchild posted:

these.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
frankly there are endless solutions to get it from the switch to your phone. epic device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I take screenshots all the time, hundreds of them, and never look at them.

This