Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Done.

They both have their personal and gov Twitter accounts so they got it on both.

Yesssss, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I think Pelosi got a wake up call when a nutcase attacked her husband with a hammer and her “friends across the aisle” made jokes about it.

i think alot of those changes happened under trump and the rise of the magas, then january 6th solidfied it. the attack on her husband was the cheery on top.

rotinaj posted:

Just because she isn’t in charge doesn’t mean she doesn’t have a lot of status and sway over the party, and all the old fucks are meekly shuffling along, trying not to shake the boat

Last I heard, Jeffries was doing his best to convince folks to adopt old neolib mentality and it wasn’t taking, has that changed?

i think he is a more liberal(in a good way) then pelosi is but he defiently isnt a giant fan of parts of the squad/progressive left for various reasons. he seems to be good at holding the coaltion together though.

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

quote:

He also said he’d planted butane tanks around his property, which he could blow up if law enforcement ever arrived.

Well, fat lot of good it did him then, now did it?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nessus posted:

What does old neolib mentality mean in this context?

Here, have some casual reading on the topic

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

My Fellow Americans was a great movie

:yeah:

Lemmon and Garner are funny as hell together and it’s a shame they never did another “it was supposed to be Lemmon and Matthau” movie together.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

smoobles posted:

But if Nikki Haley lost to none of the candidates, that means she won!

If she is the nominated candidate, she'll still get all the Republican votes lol

Trump could go down hard and they'd have **a conservative woman** nominated and gain the honor of being the first female President

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

You Are A Werewolf posted:

:yeah:

Lemmon and Garner are funny as hell together and it’s a shame they never did another “it was supposed to be Lemmon and Matthau” movie together.

"Decaf? You pussy!"

"Let me lick the lid..."

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Done.

hahaha nice!

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Done.

First off, bravo. :golfclap:

I guarantee that they'll completely misunderstand the meaning and think it's in support of their pronunciation and not pointing out that they are illiterate embarrassments to the country.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Onkel Hedwig posted:

This comic is a bit weird, because the elephant has a trump tumor, but is also sporting a Trump hairdo. Or is that a side effect of the tumor?

The only thing more toxic than the elephant's foot.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Here's the kicker, Matty. You'll be drinking Bud by Friday. You'll be apologizing for the boycott. You're a slave on a leash and when your master says "dance" you will. LOL!

_____!
May 2, 2004

Bluemillion posted:

The only thing more toxic than the elephant's foot.

And much like 2017 I can't wait for him to be in a new sarcophagus.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

rotinaj posted:

Tony Keith was an rear end in a top hat to my mom when he broke big and I am glad he died

He got too full of himself and had his people barking orders at the autograph line to not speak to mr. Keith, mr. Keith will take no phone calls, will not sign anything but the thing you can buy at the table, will not sign body parts, will not take a picture with you…

Man, the folks who pay extra for an autograph are the true fans, if you smile and shake their hand, they’ll be jazzed. gently caress Toby Keith. He got a boot in his stomach cancer, it’s the American way.

I hope his enduring legacy is the story from Ethan Hawke about how he got owned at Willie Nelson's birthday concert by Kris Kristofferson.

https://twitter.com/Jallen_Town/status/1754829676869009418

He got super pissed and denied the entire thing. Journalists asked Kris about it, who gave Toby Keith an offramp by saying he didn't remember that exchange. Then Toby Keith smugly claimed that Kris confirmed it didn't happen. Kris' wife Lisa then clarified that no, Kris didn't say it didn't happen, he said he didn't remember it. However, she was there and did remember it, and it happened exactly as written.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think he is a more liberal(in a good way) then pelosi is but he defiently isnt a giant fan of parts of the squad/progressive left for various reasons. he seems to be good at holding the coaltion together though.

Although being minority leader is a thousand times easier since you don't have to get them to do anything but vote against horrible bullshit and occasionally vote for a CR or whatever. We won't really have any real idea who Jeffries is until they get back the house.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

_____! posted:

And much like 2017 I can't wait for him to be in a new sarcophagus.

The biggest, most beautiful sarcophagus

"Buried in a place you can't pronounce. Headstone so big, even astronauts can see it. The only thing you'll never die with, is dignity"

Amigo The Devil, 24K Casket

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Agents are GO! posted:

GOP Chairwoman Laura Loomer

To be honest, things never were really OK in this country.

You're right. I'm a white cis het dude who's always had everything I need and a whole lot of things I want, so it took some cage rattling to really truly understand this. And I still need reminders sometimes.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Strong Sauce posted:

like yes, 100% she doesn't know how to pronounce that word and once she was called out for it she just used the stupid facist tactic where she is going, "hurr i don't have to follow the rules"

There’s a saying that you shouldn’t judge someone for mispronouncing a word, as it might just mean that they’ve read it (and reading is good) and not heard it used in real life, so are doing their best.

But in this case, yeah she’s just a loving idiot and should know the word, especially in her position.

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

All a president has to say is “STOP THE COUNT” and they stop counting! Bing bong so simple
:smugdon:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

beef sweat posted:

All a president has to say is “STOP THE COUNT” and they stop counting! Bing bong so simple
:smugdon:
Does the president have to do anything else or is it the power of the Post

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Stoatbringer posted:

There’s a saying that you shouldn’t judge someone for mispronouncing a word, as it might just mean that they’ve read it (and reading is good) and not heard it used in real life, so are doing their best.

But in this case, yeah she’s just a loving idiot and should know the word, especially in her position.

The corollary of that thought is that you should feel free to judge someone who is then corrected and doesn't adjust. And if someone is corrected but doubles down on their ignorance to try and pwn some nebulous enemy, they should probably be solemnly set adrift on an ice floe

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Nessus posted:

Does the president have to do anything else or is it the power of the Post

https://youtu.be/GioBjltdUnU?si=BhIy4axMhM4lggEu

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1755297920847429720

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Get em, Lankford

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

When you are being so evil that an OK R senator is calling you out publically, you maaaaay have gone a bit too far.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

lol

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aramis posted:

When you are being so evil that an OK R senator is calling you out publically, you maaaaay have gone a bit too far.

Cast out the RINO

He believes everything that the Republican Party wants to believe but he also dared badmouth the movement!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Who's the popular commentator? Tony Romo?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/AnnaBower/status/1755290689863049343

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24412450-trump-reply

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

canyoneer posted:

I hope his enduring legacy is the story from Ethan Hawke about how he got owned at Willie Nelson's birthday concert by Kris Kristofferson.

https://twitter.com/Jallen_Town/status/1754829676869009418

He got super pissed and denied the entire thing. Journalists asked Kris about it, who gave Toby Keith an offramp by saying he didn't remember that exchange. Then Toby Keith smugly claimed that Kris confirmed it didn't happen. Kris' wife Lisa then clarified that no, Kris didn't say it didn't happen, he said he didn't remember it. However, she was there and did remember it, and it happened exactly as written.

He was one of the few musicians/celebs to publicly support Sinead O'Connor after she tore up the picture of the Pope on SNL, too. Kris Kristofferson rules, basically.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Just keep throwing poo poo and hope it sticks

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

“I did some big illegal poo poo while in office and used my position to do so - because I assumed everyone else did! If we don’t give immunity to me, we’ll have to go after other people that did illegal poo poo that may or may not have happened!”

I feel like the fear of being prosecuted for crimes is what makes sure all people follow the laws, including elected officials. Has it stopped them? No, but I am sure the amount of people committing the crimes are a lot lower with there being laws in place.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

I feel like he left someone out...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Chud army: Obama and Biden in prison? Sign me the gently caress up!!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

He was one of the few musicians/celebs to publicly support Sinead O'Connor after she tore up the picture of the Pope on SNL, too. Kris Kristofferson rules, basically.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/sinead-oconnor-opens-up-sex-13888984

Not sure Sinead quite feels exactly the same way.

quote:

“I would not agree Kris wasn’t totally masculine. He took full advantage when he got the chance #NoHeroOfMine.”

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Aramis posted:

Well in this case it’s more your passing up a chance to be evil just to own the democrats

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Yeah, I just read about that after some further Googling, it sounds like they had a fling that turned into a pretty lovely relationship (though she did stress that the time they hooked up was consensual, no assaults or anything). He still wrote a song that praised her in 2009, so there's that.

E:and apparently they reunited to perform a duet of "Help Me Make It Through the Night" in 2010 on Irish TV, so there's that as well.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Again with the randomly capitalized words. He's starting to sound more like Chris-Chan every day.