Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ughhh, realizing lance stroll is still driving in 2024.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Well, "driving"

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dictator. posted:

ughhh, realizing lance stroll is still driving in 2024.

I still think there’s a decent chance this is his last year in F1. If the rumors have any truth that Lance is getting bored of F1, I can see him going to Aston Martin’s 2025 WEC or IMSA Hypercar instead.

MisterBear
Aug 16, 2013

harperdc posted:

I still think there’s a decent chance this is his last year in F1. If the rumors have any truth that Lance is getting bored of F1, I can see him going to Aston Martin’s 2025 WEC or IMSA Hypercar instead.

Lance is getting bored of driving or Papa Stroll is getting bored of him being mediocre?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lmao

what an absolute clown show

https://x.com/TomP1Bellingham/status/1755176204791857555?s=20

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MisterBear posted:

Lance is getting bored of driving or Papa Stroll is getting bored of him being mediocre?

Por que no los dos?

Ahhhhhhahahahaha

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

ArmedZombie posted:

i would rather watch free practice than a sprint.

I'm always a bit baffled by racing fans arguing for less racing. Don't get me wrong, F1 Sprint isn't the best format, but if it was up to me there'd be a heat format and 10 races each weekend. And 30 teams.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Furious George posted:

I'm always a bit baffled by racing fans arguing for less racing. Don't get me wrong, F1 Sprint isn't the best format, but if it was up to me there'd be a heat format and 10 races each weekend. And 30 teams.

Quality vs quantity for me. Although that suggests that full races are quality which is not the case a lot of the time lol.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Seems the tweet about Stake disappearing from the team website was deleted

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Furious George posted:

Unless they change parc ferme rules so that teams can adjust their setups after the sprint with the aim of tightening up the racing for the Grand Prix I don't see the point. It's good for Saturday ticketholders who get to see an actual race, but beyond that... meh.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

If they want to do sprint races, they need to give one to Baku.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Furious George posted:

no one is taking chances or pushing in the sprint. more time to prep the car makes for a better grand prix imo (not always true though). a different qualifying format might be interesting.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

ArmedZombie posted:

no one is taking chances or pushing in the sprint. more time to prep the car makes for a better grand prix imo (not always true though). a different qualifying format might be interesting.

:hmmyes:

As a :911: I'm not getting up early to watch a short race that no one is really invested in. A more exciting qualifying that lasts a little longer on Saturday would be really fun.

Sprints would be fun if they did qualifying and then a reverse grid, as someone mentioned. The crappy teams would be fighting for the only points they could realistically get, so there would be more drama. And since Verstappen can't handle losing he would fully send it iRacing style and probably get hosed up by a Haas blocking him over 1pt.

But it would probably be Bad For The Sport overall to have b-teams strategizing around glorified exhibitions. e: The fact that you get zero points after 10th means that Zhou and Sargent would be competing to qualify with the slowest time to get points in a reverse grid, so the incentives would be lovely. Maybe have 11th-20th run 1st-10th?

fart barterer fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 7, 2024

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Furious George posted:

The more races you have, the more meaningless any given race is.

Back when we had 14 races, a crash could give you an uphill battle to get a championship and reliability mattered.

Now there are 29 races and counting, you lose gently caress all.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Oh and Alpine have a black car with a couple of stickers on, like most teams.

Wheeee.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dudley posted:

Wheeee.

You weren't kidding. Geesus.

Team looks thrilled though:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Colostomy Bag posted:

gasly looking like he spent the off-season with Ferrari

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

gasly looking like he spent the off-season with Ferrari

He was at the Arsenal game on Sunday and is still upset about the celebrations

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

He's just recovering from having to watch soccer.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

He was at the Arsenal game on Sunday and is still upset about the celebrations

He should have a chat to Giroud who can set him straight

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Colostomy Bag posted:

That's a Carlos Sainz level thousand yard stare

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

man these all carbon cars look horrible.

https://youtu.be/wd4A-3cxhNc?si=7nKdcRrbbNtW8UY9

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ferrari should do a yellow car

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

Pissione

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Thanks Ants posted:

We are checking.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Custard Undies posted:

Are there any good up and coming Finnish drivers we can place in the McLaren?

Biggest hype is for Tuukka Taponen, Ferrari Academy driver. But he's only at Formula Regional levels, so it'll take some years.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

F1 is going to do a NASCAR and experiment with stages soon

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Bring in a competition safety car randomly twice every race.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The Stake car is pretty fuckin awesome looking. Embrace it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Elendil004 posted:

The Stake car is pretty fuckin awesome looking. Embrace it.

stake kick paintball team

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
So out of the three Cars movies, apparently the second one gets the worst reviews. Not only does my son like it the most, it also happens to be the one I like the most because of the Bond thing. What does the F1 thread think?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

So out of the three Cars movies, apparently the second one gets the worst reviews. Not only does my son like it the most, it also happens to be the one I like the most because of the Bond thing. What does the F1 thread think?

Real George Russell vibes.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Finn McMissile has real Alonso vibes

Russell is mater obvs, hapless idiot failing his way up but never reaching the top

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

We need a new Mika

Kimi Mikannen

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Residency Evil posted:

i think its fun if you view it as a Cars spin-off movie, but its def dissapointing if as a mainline series entry. Cars 2 is kinda a blast if you expect it to be the Bond thing it is but when I first saw it I hated it bc i wanted more Cars 1

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Does anyone know if any of the pre season testing is going to be broadcast this year?

I've enjoyed it in the past to have it on as background noise while I'm doing other things.

Edit: Probably should have just looked it up myself :xd:

The official television timings are yet to be announced but, as per last year, F1 is expected to broadcast the entire Bahrain test on Sky Sports F1 in the United Kingdom and Ireland, plus on F1 TV in countries where it is available.

Autosport will be running a live text commentary on the F1 pre-season test at Bahrain International Circuit.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Residency Evil posted:

I've somehow not seen the 3rd but the 2nd has the problem even more than the first that it's constantly making references only fans will get. And I assume the opinions are American because 1 is making Nascar references and 2 is making world motorsport references.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Dudley posted:

Wheeee.

That's fkn lazy. Is there a problem with colours on carbon or something? and then they showed a 2nd one just like the 1st, ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ewe2 posted:

That's fkn lazy. Is there a problem with colours on carbon or something? and then they showed a 2nd one just like the 1st, ugh.

they keep saying it adds weight to the car. i think it's usually just vinyl wrapping.

as if the extra weight is why Haas is dogshit