Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Wait, the first ever? What about Disney? Target? Amy Grant? Starbucks? Coke? The NFL? I thought there were countless examples of proud patriots brutally owning woke companies???

Well maybe Matt’s right, and Bud Light is just a really good indisputable example of conservatives utterly destroying a massive corpora

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

canyoneer posted:

I hope his enduring legacy is the story from Ethan Hawke about how he got owned at Willie Nelson's birthday concert by Kris Kristofferson.

https://twitter.com/Jallen_Town/status/1754829676869009418

He got super pissed and denied the entire thing. Journalists asked Kris about it, who gave Toby Keith an offramp by saying he didn't remember that exchange. Then Toby Keith smugly claimed that Kris confirmed it didn't happen. Kris' wife Lisa then clarified that no, Kris didn't say it didn't happen, he said he didn't remember it. However, she was there and did remember it, and it happened exactly as written.

Why would you even gently caress with someone who hunts vampires as a side gig?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Throwing the president in jail every few weeks sounds way better than how Rome ended.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Is that the guy with the pimp cane

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
It's 2024, why not just have remote voting?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Toxic Mental posted:

Is that the guy with the pimp cane

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Use a phone next time lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Powered Descent posted:

Again with the randomly capitalized words. He's starting to sound more like Chris-Chan every day.

He just wants a sweetheart country from the ground up, I don’t see what’s so objectionable about that

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

Again with the randomly capitalized words. He's starting to sound more like Chris-Chan every day.

CROOKED JOE BIDEN and the staff of the local GAMESTOP will not stop me on my quest for an indictment-free girlfriend. Lots of people have been saying, it's been over a year and ten months now since I started my sweetheart-search to be President again, and I still haven't found a indictment-free-smoking-free-white-near-my-age lawyer to build a Presidency with from the ground up. SAD, but I'm workin' on it!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

This is the kind of performative democracy I can deal with.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hazo posted:

Wait, the first ever? What about Disney? Target? Amy Grant? Starbucks? Coke? The NFL? I thought there were countless examples of proud patriots brutally owning woke companies???

Well maybe Matt’s right, and Bud Light is just a really good indisputable example of conservatives utterly destroying a massive corpora

I mean the bud light thing did work. They took a massive hit and the company basically groveled on their hands and knees did a while.

Why conservatives aren’t taking the dub instead of fighting a fight they objectively won I dunno

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i love that he is too loving dumb and bigoted to try to use actual wiggle room stuff and instead rants about how she is an evil bigot.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

CROOKED JOE BIDEN and the staff of the local GAMESTOP will not stop me on my quest for an indictment-free girlfriend. Lots of people have been saying, it's been over a year and ten months now since I started my sweetheart-search to be President again, and I still haven't found a indictment-free-smoking-free-white-near-my-age lawyer to build a Presidency with from the ground up. SAD, but I'm workin' on it!

After My Pretty Pony, we get I'm Pretty Stupid

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
What exactly are the crimes that Obama and Biden would be prosecuted for? Like, they didn't like make stuff up with Trump, he actually did specific crimes.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

What exactly are the crimes that Obama and Biden would be prosecuted for? Like, they didn't like make stuff up with Trump, he actually did specific crimes.

On one hand, the crimes would be anything their political opponents can get to stick, like Trump is saying his political opponents are doing to him

On the other hand, he absolutely thinks that all presidents do crimes and he definitely does not mean the sort of war crimes that every president actually does do

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Outpost22 posted:

When the system was created, it was a costly & time-consuming affair to come in to vote, so they made a bunch of fucky rules to force old white men to travel.

Now that system has morphed and attendance stuff is one of the last ways the minority team can score undefended goals, so both sides keep it that way for :decorum:

EDIT

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i love that he is too loving dumb and bigoted to try to use actual wiggle room stuff and instead rants about how she is an evil bigot.

I think its :airquote: Strategy :airquote: The chances of this case getting thrown out/sidelined because of Fani Willis is (now) exceedingly low. Accusing a black woman of being a crooked bigot is red meat to his donor base, tho

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Donichu

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Needed a visual aid.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

rotinaj posted:

On one hand, the crimes would be anything their political opponents can get to stick, like Trump is saying his political opponents are doing to him

On the other hand, he absolutely thinks that all presidents do crimes and he definitely does not mean the sort of war crimes that every president actually does do

You are giving him entirely too much credit. He didn't have an opinion on the subject until he was dragged to court. Heck, he probably doesn't have one still. He is just trying to piece together the correct sequence of words that allows him to dodge consequences, that's all there is to it.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Three Olives posted:

Many people are saying Barack HUSSEIN Obama's crimes are, frankly, some of the worst they've ever seen. These are bad, bad, people. And believe me, I know bad people.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Hazo posted:

Not even half a percentage below the djia. What a loving joke of a boycott that surely made somebody some cash who was smart enough to buy on the underlying fundamentals

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Crimes so bad, we can't even show you.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

rotinaj posted:

Trump took notes from Roger Stone, the guy who was involved with Nixon's crimes.

Roger Stone is probably the guy who whispered in Trump's ear what a good idea it was to follow the fake elector slates bizzarro plan- he definitely had a front row seat to Nixon's crimes though and was Trump's criminal advisor.

Pretty telling that he got a pardon.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/page/file/1293796/download

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Aramis posted:

You are giving him entirely too much credit. He didn't have an opinion on the subject until he was dragged to court. Heck, he probably doesn't have one still. He is just trying to piece together the correct sequence of words that allows him to dodge consequences, that's all there is to it.

I have to disagree. Trump absolutely thought all presidents went around doing crimes all the time because he completely believes that everybody is running scams and doing fraud constantly. That's why every criminal action he has ever taken is justified: everyone is doing it so why shouldn't he? And if people get taken or harmed by his criming, well then it's their fault for not criming better than him. That's the worldview he's always had and it applies to everyone from the counter help getting him his fish delights to world leaders.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Outpost22 posted:

Proxy voting had been a thing for a long while. Republicans decided that was bad and not cool because it was used during COVID and so killed it. Steve Scalise could have made the difference if it was still allowed.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the bud light thing did work. They took a massive hit and the company basically groveled on their hands and knees did a while.

Why conservatives aren’t taking the dub instead of fighting a fight they objectively won I dunno

It's easy attention and a good shorthand for the next time they need to rally anger over whatever their scare quotes word of the day is. I would wait until after the Superbowl to see if this is going to be an issue for them much longer because Bud Lite is going to have Dana White and a bunch of chud favorites on your screen for an ad that's going to suck on every level. The Trump post from the other day is part of their mea culpa; clearly not posted by him and his social media guy who's name I can never remember likely put that up after the check cleared.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

this is gonna get turned into a movie. calling it right now.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

nobodygetshurt posted:

He couldn't let this guy show him up.

quote:

Shortly after the vote, Johnson devoted ample time to speak with the longest-serving Republican in the House, Rep. Hal Rogers (R-Ky.). Rogers was recently hospitalized after a car accident, missing two weeks of votes to recover, but he appeared this week in a full neck and chest brace to vote to impeach Mayorkas.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

nobodygetshurt posted:

Ok, but only if the hospital -> congress trip is done in the style of an OJ Simpson sequence in the Naked Gun.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Strange that this has never happened before, despite literally every previous president not having absolute immunity. :thunk:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
No but it's as good time as any to start I suppose

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Grey Cat posted:

Needed a visual aid.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Outpost22 posted:

They did, during covid. Then republicans got in and ended that because anything that looks like doing something about covid must go.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

HappyHippo posted:

They did, during covid. Then republicans got in and ended that because anything that looks like doing something about covid must go.

That, and cruelty is the only point in everything they do

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Grey Cat posted:

Needed a visual aid.

:holymoley:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

It's pronounced un-paw-say-bl

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What a POS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]