Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was the original good enough to even warrant the first sequel

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it's an existing ip!!! people know it!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Who is more generally disliked by the thread, Chris Pratt or Krasinski?

I dislike Krasinski more honestly, The Office wore out its welcome long before it ended.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I hate jim and pam so much

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Cubone posted:

name one bad dr. doolittle movie. you can't.

the only one I've seen is dr. doolittle 2, which my family owned on vhs. it had raven-symone in it and she was my childhood crush*, so I thought the movie was solid and underrated

*no I do not want to know what freakish child star hole she fell into as an adult tia

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

priznat posted:

I dislike Krasinski more honestly, The Office wore out its welcome long before it ended.

Chris Pratt played a really annoying guy and someone on twitter got offended that he might be a closet republican? Honestly he’s not objectionable, pretty bland in person, and he’s a key part of Guardians of the Galaxy so he gets the win over John “Ivy League to CIA pipeline” Krasinski

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

poisonpill posted:

Chris Pratt played a really annoying guy and someone on twitter got offended that he might be a closet republican? Honestly he’s not objectionable, pretty bland in person, and he’s a key part of Guardians of the Galaxy so he gets the win over John “Ivy League to CIA pipeline” Krasinski

He broke the heart of Anna Faris.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

kalel posted:

the only one I've seen is dr. doolittle 2, which my family owned on vhs. it had raven-symone in it and she was my childhood crush*, so I thought the movie was solid and underrated

*no I do not want to know what freakish child star hole she fell into as an adult tia

She seems to be relatively normal for a child star. She's on Pictionary sometimes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

priznat posted:

They are booth cool

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

Krasinski because he did "The CIA is Good Actually: The Show", and he did an insipid YouTube show that was only "good news" during COVID.

I'm not even clear on why Twitter turned on Christ Pratt. He goes to a weirdo church and then some real bad-faith readings of Instagram posts or something.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

priznat posted:

I don't even know who those guys are. I've enever actually seen a tv or movie, I just make educated guesses based on context and say whatever I think would be funny at the time

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Then he sold the rights of the good news show to paramount, undermining the purpose of it as a pure act of good will, only for the brain trust at paramount to never actually go forward with producing anything.

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Milo and POTUS posted:

Every third dating profile locally: "looking for the jim to my pam"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lister posted:

Then he sold the rights of the good news show to paramount, undermining the purpose of it as a pure act of good will, only for the brain trust at paramount to never actually go forward with producing anything.

Stealing millions from Paramount is perhaps a good deed though

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

:wal: You think it was traumatic to act in Eternals?
:stat: Try watching it!
:wal::stat: Dohohohohohoho!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
instead of the Mean Girls they should make the Bean Girls. like one girl is Kidney Bean and another girl could be Navy Bean or Pinto Bean. Pixar HMU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

kalel posted:

she’s actually doing great. she came out as gay a few years ago and made a TSR revival show on Disney channel and streaming that hasn’t really made big waves but it’s still ongoing, six seasons so far, and she’s getting paid, and I think she also has a successful media career in like podcasting or something too

The actress that played her best friend is a successful theatre/Broadway actress and is also on the revival show

It’s Orlando Brown and Kyle Massey that fell into the freak hole. One of them has too much baggage to list and the other is gonna be a sex offender if he isn’t already on the registry. They were not invited to be in the new show.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

PostNouveau posted:

Krasinski because he did "The CIA is Good Actually: The Show", and he did an insipid YouTube show that was only "good news" during COVID.

I'm not even clear on why Twitter turned on Christ Pratt. He goes to a weirdo church and then some real bad-faith readings of Instagram posts or something.

Probably something to do with:

Tithing to a "conversion therapy is cool and good and we will torture the gay out of your small child" church

And:

Abandoning his wife and child because the child was disabled.

I reckon that's a fair enough reason to tell him to gently caress off.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Mozi posted:

instead of the Mean Girls they should make the Bean Girls. like one girl is Kidney Bean and another girl could be Navy Bean or Pinto Bean. Pixar HMU

There could be a joke about a peanut that they repeat in every single ad.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

PostNouveau posted:

He goes to church and one time while saying how much he loves his second wife mentioned his healthy baby, which people assumed meant he hated his broken baby from wife #1

Basically just standard Twitter “intentionally read every situation as the worst possible version of something imaginable then get mad at it”

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lol

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Kingo Ligma posted:

Probably something to do with:

Tithing to a "conversion therapy is cool and good and we will torture the gay out of your small child" church

And:

Abandoning his wife and child because the child was disabled.

I reckon that's a fair enough reason to tell him to gently caress off.

counterfeitsaint posted:

As with most things its probably a combination of factors, but I think one of the big ones is that being outraged on the internet is a communal sport now. It's a fun thing you can do with your friends and bond over. If there ever are any sparks of media literacy, what are you gonna do? Spend a bunch of time thinking about what they're trying to say and point they're trying to make and consider if that's a good point, or are you gonna assume the worst so you can have fun being real mad about it with your friends?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

priznat posted:

Chris Pratt is in everything so he wins based on that.
Krasinksi errr he turned up in Dr strange 2...I honestly can't remember the last thing I saw with him in.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Kingo Ligma posted:

Getting to make these is part of Krasinski's overall deal with the CIA

Finding out Office Jim is a MIB was very funny

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Milo and POTUS posted:

They suffer from "2000s protagonist syndrome" where the stuff that was supposed to make them seem likeable or charming now makes them seem like weird, mean, dumbasses

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Is "The Critical Drinker" chudly or what because I hadn't gotten that impression from the videos that have popped up for youtube for me but he did a video just strongly in support of carano suing disney and I was like whaaaat

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 hours!)

i think the word trauma has lost all meaning if you're applying it to being upset that a movie you were in got laughed at

you felt sad/embarassed/hurt, sure. okay. go to counselling. hope you feel better. you're not...traumatised.

Improbable Lobster posted:

They suffer from "2000s protagonist syndrome" where the stuff that was supposed to make them seem likeable or charming now makes them seem like weird, mean, dumbasses

don't forget boring!

roomtone fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 7, 2024

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

priznat posted:

Is "The Critical Drinker" chudly or what because I hadn't gotten that impression from the videos that have popped up for youtube for me but he did a video just strongly in support of carano suing disney and I was like whaaaat

'chudly' is a stupid loving word and yes Critical Drinker is right wing shithead.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

priznat posted:

Oh yeah, dude went to bat for The Sound of Freedom. He's a hack through and through, though I have no fuckin' clue how you could even listen to the guy for more than 3 seconds. Makes XJakk look restrained.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

roomtone posted:

i think the word trauma has lost all meaning if you're applying it to being upset that a movie you were in got laughed at

you felt sad/embarassed/hurt, sure. okay. go to counselling. hope you feel better. you're not...traumatised.

didn't he totally gently caress himself up with steroids for a movie that completely bombed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

priznat posted:

Anyone who acts like drinking is cool and is older than 25 might lean that way yes

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Bifner McDoogle posted:

Oh yeah, dude went to bat for The Sound of Freedom. He's a hack through and through, though I have no fuckin' clue how you could even listen to the guy for more than 3 seconds. Makes XJakk look restrained.

I hadn't actually watched his videos and missed that one lol but the title for this one was like what the heck

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Zokari posted:

didn't he totally gently caress himself up with steroids for a movie that completely bombed

The square-head look worked really well for him in that Chippendales show, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DchtacgVLbQ

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Gutcruncher posted:

He goes to church and one time while saying how much he loves his second wife mentioned his healthy baby, which people assumed meant he hated his broken baby from wife #1

Basically just standard Twitter “intentionally read every situation as the worst possible version of something imaginable then get mad at it”

His church is infamously homophobic and his response on being called on that was to say that they couldn't be homophobic because they let him in even though he is divorced. He is either a homophobe or supports homophobes and both are bad.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47209694 posted:

Page, who is known for her roles in Juno and Inception, later tweeted again to say: "If you are a famous actor and you belong to an organisation that hates a certain group of people, don't be surprised if someone simply wonders why it's not addressed."

Pratt said that "despite what the Bible says about divorce," his church was "there for me every step of the way" during his marriage split from actress Anna Faris, and that it provides "love and support" regardless of "sexual orientation, race or gender".

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/BrndnStrssng/status/1755319661032357931

lol

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

priznat posted:

I hadn't actually watched his videos and missed that one lol but the title for this one was like what the heck

Every one of his videos that I've seen can be summarized as "this product went woke and then goed broke"

Levels of actual wokeness and/or brokeness were often suspect, but he talk funny and seemed pretty angry so that's the kind of thing youtube responds to. Also you could swap around the movie names of whatever he's talking about and no one would notice because he says the same thing about every movie.

He wasn't worth listening to a few years ago and it sounds like he's gotten a lot worse.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
How do you know all of these people who aren't Mike, Rich or Jay? Cleanse yourselves of your filth, people.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Anyone who acts like drinking is cool and is older than 25
You just described 90% of GBS

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

His church is infamously homophobic and his response on being called on that was to say that they couldn't be homophobic because they let him in even though he is divorced. He is either a homophobe or supports homophobes and both are bad.

The Catholic Church is responsible for way more atrocities than any other major religion but I'm not about to start making GBS threads on every Catholic in Hollywood

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

*slams a 20 oz dew*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

The Catholic Church is responsible for way more atrocities than any other major religion but I'm not about to start making GBS threads on every Catholic in Hollywood

I absolutely am. starting with you biden