Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Yeah I couldn't resist the CE colors, even though the SHF is overall a much better figure, that specific Ryu outfit has always been my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Trying to stick to "favorite characters only" from Street Fighter, but I started with the Chun Li figure and it's so much fun to mess with, it has me wanting to get second-favorite characters too. Probably getting a Ryu before long.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Kingtheninja posted:

According to a random article on my feed, hasbro is releasing orders for a vintage collection e-wing fighter today, at noon cst.

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1755242225632530659?s=46

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Star Wars vintage collection E-wing is up on Pulse go go go go

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Xenomrph posted:

How is that the same price as what the Black Series Snowspeeder was a few years ago, jfc.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

I have no interest in the vehicle but I want that astromech so bad

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Finally got my hands on a Mouse-Jaw. This guy is great. I love the colors, the white and red with that dark blue and neon green... fantastic. I would have liked it to come with a second mouser, but oh well.

I leave the legs on the mouser on mine because I think it's hilarious the way it looks.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Shiftypenguin posted:

I leave the legs on the mouser on mine because I think it's hilarious the way it looks.

If you are using the giant fire blast effect having the legs on almost makes sense as a support. Either way the long long gun situation is very fun.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

A fun, fairly glowing review of Super 7's Thundercats Mongor figure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lm09NAoQGI

I have that guy, but haven't unboxed him yet. He really does look pretty spectacular. I remain very stoked on the Thundercats line. They're doing great work, really doing justice to the wealth of great characters from that show and putting a lot of care into each one. Mongor for example was only in one episode, but they knocked it out of the park with the figure. I know I'm in the minority on this, but if I had to collect just one current toy line I'd stick with the Thundercats.

As the fellow on YouTube points out, Mongor might appeal to people who aren't usually into Thundercats stuff, because it's an awesome huge demon with a flaming scythe, and the sculpt and paint are gorgeous. He would look good next to Mythic Legions or something.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Speaking of Thundercats, they just had a new ongoing comic series drop and while the art's a little wonky it's quite good.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I just posted this in the Transformers thread, but I think it will have just as much appeal in here too.

The cartoonist Brian "Box" Brown released a nonfiction graphic novel last year called The He-Man Effect: How American Toymakers Sold You Your Childhood. I bought it for my best friend for his birthday last year, and finally broke down and got a copy for myself recently.
https://www.amazon.com/He-Man-Effect-American-Toymakers-Childhood/dp/1250261406/

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Well this will get me back into this series-

Tamashii Nations is bringing back the Meisho Movie Realization line with Obi-Wan Kenobi!
https://x.com/TamashiiNations/status/1755607709863555536?s=20

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Not interested in that line (and can't they at least do the regular SW characters they still haven't done yet first?) but that is a cool take on Obi-Wan for sure. Love the blue of the katana.

I take back everything good I said about Jada Ryu, his hadoken accessory has the fireball showing his right hand on top and the left hand below when *EVERYONE* knows Ryu throws out his hadoken with the left hand/farthest from the camera up and the right hand/closest to the camera down. I hope everyone at the company is fired for this frankly unforgivable blunder.

Random chat: I just saw a trailer for a 6 part streaming Knuckles series where he goes on a road trip while fighting Sandor Clegane and his minions. 2024 is very odd.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Well this will get me back into this series-

Tamashii Nations is bringing back the Meisho Movie Realization line with Obi-Wan Kenobi!
https://x.com/TamashiiNations/status/1755607709863555536?s=20

Dang, I'd checked out of this line after getting everything I really wanted... but I can't pass this up.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://youtu.be/6lIqNjC1RKU?si=v1h-5HYSAhAb3A14

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

Dang, I'd checked out of this line after getting everything I really wanted... but I can't pass this up.

Honestly I'm wondering if anyone in the 3D modeler community will sculpt a good head replacement to sell that would make this figure into Toshiro Mifune.

edit: looking closer, it pretty much already is him.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Agreed.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Wrong thread but true nonetheless

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, they FINALLY released the reverse flash.

Barry and Wally as well. I quit watching the show after season 4 so I have no idea why they have LEGALLY DISTINCT FROM STAR WARS lightsabers, nor do I know why Barry looks like a hippie.

I'm kinda stumped on why they released the reverse flash without light up eyes. That's kinda his whole thing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I wish they had done a blurry face for Reverse Flash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They made lightsabers and fought in a later season because the show was a parody.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Weird they didn’t give Keiynon Lonsdale an unmasked head like the others. :mad:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Oh hell yeah

Square's completing the team. Not seeing them up for pre-order yet but glad just about everybody's confirmed being made at this point.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’ve been hoping for a Kilowog, but this ain’t it. Too expensive Todd!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1755985253804478935?s=46

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
10 years ago I’d have probably bought that set in a heartbeat but with that price and my interest in DC at an all-time low, there’s just no way.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I hope you bastards are happy. You won. I bought some turtles

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

I wish they had done a blurry face for Reverse Flash.

I'm kinda annoyed I'm going to have to make my own blurry knife hand too.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Gripweed posted:

I hope you bastards are happy. You won. I bought some turtles

oh my god where are those from? I didn't know they made figures of the child versions from the new movie!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Agrias120 posted:

oh my god where are those from? I didn't know they made figures of the child versions from the new movie!

I got them at Target

https://www.target.com/p/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mutant-mayhem-turtle-tots-leo-38-donnie-action-figure-set-2pk/-/A-87914362#lnk=sametab
https://www.target.com/p/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mutant-mayhem-turtle-tots-raph-38-mikey-action-figure-set-2pk/-/A-87914363#lnk=sametab

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Agrias120 posted:

There are also glow in the dark versions at Target, but they're sold in the 3-packs with the baby and teen versions (also GITD).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Shiftypenguin posted:

There are also glow in the dark versions at Target, but they're sold in the 3-packs with the baby and teen versions (also GITD).

I was extremely tempted to get the glow in the dark ones but I didn't want the teen versions so I'd just be paying an extra 40 dollars for them to glow in the dark.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

are they ever gonna release like another stormtrooper TVC or anything. been trying to build up some stormtroopers for a diorama idea but they are taking their sweet time. right now i have mostly been buying joytoy 40k figures.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Big Mean Jerk posted:

10 years ago I’d have probably bought that set in a heartbeat but with that price and my interest in DC at an all-time low, there’s just no way.

Best Lantern Kyle!

So weird WB still has that silly no gun thing going on.

Someone like Kyle would have all sorts of crazy guns, missiles, and what not blasting off.

The hammer for ol Kil fits.

Never forget the time he washed his face in a toilet.

But then he was new to Earth.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Louisgod posted:

Oh hell yeah

Square's completing the team. Not seeing them up for pre-order yet but glad just about everybody's confirmed being made at this point.

Gonna get this, but put Cait Sith where he belongs.

The trash.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hey gently caress you man

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

yeah come on, he belongs in the toilet not the trash.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

only a sith deals in absolutes

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Q. wtf is Jo Jo’s Bizarre Adventure and why do like 99% of the character designs look so absurdly cool? Hobby Link Japan sent me an email about having a sale and a bunch of this stuff was in there - it took all of my restraint not to snap up a load of these lanky weirdos. Luckily the one I liked the most (some green haired lady) was already sold out so crisis averted.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Sentinel Red posted:

Q. wtf is Jo Jo’s Bizarre Adventure and why do like 99% of the character designs look so absurdly cool? Hobby Link Japan sent me an email about having a sale and a bunch of this stuff was in there - it took all of my restraint not to snap up a load of these lanky weirdos. Luckily the one I liked the most (some green haired lady) was already sold out so crisis averted.

It's a crazy cool long running manga series that started in the late 80s and is still going today. It follows multiple generations of the Joestar family from the late 19th century to the modern day and features them facing off against things like Vampires, the undead, Stone men that come to life and supernatural familiars that the uninitiated can't see. It began very inspired by Fist of the North Star but as it went on it picked up a very charming influence in style from a particular Italian fashion artist resulting in some quite striking and memorable characters, both visually and in personality too. It's a legit classic and I recommend checking it out if you have the chance, there's also an animated adaption that's quite good as well if you want to give that a peep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

You haven’t seen it?

OH MY GOD

https://youtu.be/P-3GOo_nWoc?si=3vXpAQEkq-Zdc74G