Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

WitchHand is out today - looks like Stacklands meets cute witches and familiars n stuff, and I am all for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

bideojames posted:

Wayforward made a Batman: Brave and the Bold game for the Wii in the 2D animated series style that i remember being pretty fun

Their was also the adventures of batman and robin for the SNES/Genesis, even though they were two different games..

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, the SNES and Genesis had very different games for The Adventures of Batman & Robin, I only played the Genesis one and it's pretty fun (and difficult), also one of the all time best game OSTs of all time, made by then relatively unknown Jesper Kyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtHUxCExsRY

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

WitchHand is out today - looks like Stacklands meets cute witches and familiars n stuff, and I am all for that

This looks neat but I haven't played stacklands

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They marketed Suicide Squad as Conroy’s final performance as Batman. However, it was recently announced that he had reprised his role as Batman from TAS in one of the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths movies. I dunno which one he recorded lines for first, so it might be true that Suicide Squad was his final Batman performance. But I guess if you were disappointed by what they did with Batman in the Suicide Squad game, you got something to look forward to.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

mystes posted:

This looks neat but I haven't played stacklands

That's okay just picture WitchHand but without witches

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The kicker is at they put a memoriam to Kevin Conroy in the end credits of Suicide Squad, and it just feels crass after how the game treats his character, imo.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Squiggle posted:

That's okay just picture WitchHand but without witches

Hand

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't really care that they went with an Injustice style story in the new game but it seems like the missions and UI info explosion are pretty bad in it which is disappointing because I love all the Rocksteady Batman games and Origins. From what I've read Kevin was happy to get to play evil Batman so I can't be too upset about it I guess. I might still pick it up at 15-20 bucks since the gameplay itself seems mostly fine. Just wish we could have another "normal" style Arkham game or another DC superhero game instead of more Batman.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
What does it mean that some :10bux: is "pending" after you've sold stuff on the steam market?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I dunno, with the exception of some of the traversal, the actual gameplay looks just awful to me. Especially coming off of how weighty and satisfying the Arkham games felt.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Mordja posted:

I dunno, with the exception of some of the traversal, the actual gameplay looks just awful to me. Especially coming off of how weighty and satisfying the Arkham games felt.

It definitely looks worse to me than the previous games. Not really sure what to think overall to be honest, I go back and forth on thinking parts look good or not.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

[tapping the screen in my dr ian malcom voice] Hello uh Rocksteady you do intend to have BOOMERANGS... on your uh, uh game with Captain Boomerang, right? Hello? Hello there.. haaaaah

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

My issue with Suicide Squad is that they play mostly the same. What if Capt. Boomerang only used boomerangs? Or if Harley could call in her hyenas? Give Deadshot a full screen aimbot on cooldown so you can actually be the guy that never misses. Make King Shark play like that old Hulk game where he could smash cars onto his fists to do more damage. Not just dudes with guns, special guns, and a bigger gun.

I'll take my payment in cash, Rocksteady.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
for as mixed as avengers was, at least they didn't just give every avenger a gun and have them play the same

suicide squad is basically a sequel to anthem

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

As someone who really liked Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, did Survivor unfuck its technical issues yet?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

PirateBob posted:

What does it mean that some :10bux: is "pending" after you've sold stuff on the steam market?

Probably automated delay in case of credit card fraud

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh yeah, couple of nextfest RTS demos that I personally haven't played this go around but were pretty well-made in the past: Godsworn and Global Conflagration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5O6gJhS0-Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa4NxA21G5o

mystes
May 31, 2006

I bought witchhand but I think I'm bad at it

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mordja posted:

Oh yeah, couple of nextfest RTS demos that I personally haven't played this go around but were pretty well-made in the past: Godsworn and Global Conflagration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5O6gJhS0-Q

Was Godsworn in a previous NextFest? It's been on my Wishlist forever and I feel like I've played it before, the style looks so familiar but maybe it's just because I've seen lots of media for it over the months...

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Huge thanks to the weirdos ITT who post go through the effort of oposting Nextfest game summaries with gifs/media.

With Steam being as large as it is, I have this weird anxiety im missing incoming games that can potentially be my GOTY or another title I spend hundreds of hours on. These little summaries are extremely nice on knowing what to keep my eye on (good games) and what to ignore (deckbuilders and other bad games)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Has anyone tried pacific drive on the deck? How does it run there?

Also interested in this information

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Pacific Drive was awesome and totally my jam right up until I needed to craft the door and got totally irritated at the poorly explained crafting system and menu. I decided to save take a break but looks like I can't do that! Uninstalled.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sab669 posted:

Was Godsworn in a previous NextFest? It's been on my Wishlist forever and I feel like I've played it before, the style looks so familiar but maybe it's just because I've seen lots of media for it over the months...

Yeah, the two games I posted about were in previous events, tho Godworn's also got an EA release date now.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

buglord posted:

Huge thanks to the weirdos ITT who post go through the effort of oposting Nextfest game summaries with gifs/media.

With Steam being as large as it is, I have this weird anxiety im missing incoming games that can potentially be my GOTY or another title I spend hundreds of hours on. These little summaries are extremely nice on knowing what to keep my eye on (good games) and what to ignore (deckbuilders and other bad games)

Yeah, hearty agree. Thank you, Steam explorers.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I never played the original Outcast, but the demo for the sequel was kind of fun, albeit time limited. Jetpacking around was a lark and you could make some pretty dumb weapons.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

HopperUK posted:

Steamlunkers

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i don't really understand what some people love about balatro - i tried the demo and it was ok but didn't really seem to have a lot in the way of interesting decision making? very just number goes up

the crypt custodian demo is just a very ok zelda-like. it doesn't do anything particularly badly, though the dodge roll goes slightly too far and is on slightly too much of a cooldown to feel perfect, but it doesn't really do anything particularly well either.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

lih posted:

i don't really understand what some people love about balatro - i tried the demo and it was ok but didn't really seem to have a lot in the way of interesting decision making? very just number goes up

I stopped my first session with the game thinking this way, like it seemed neat but I didn't really get it. I think the next time I played I started getting more of the Tarot cards and playing around with the different mechanics and found a lot of fun things you can do and it sorta hooked me then.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

lih posted:

It was okay, but I got enough of the game from the demo and have no more interest in it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mordja posted:

Yeah, the two games I posted about were in previous events, tho Godworn's also got an EA release date now.

Do you happen to recall if it's the same demo as before? I'm guessing it is. If so I'll save myself the time of re-playing it :v:

lih posted:

I saw someone ITT post like, "if you like Slay the Spire check this out" and the 30 second trailer on the steam page made me extremely :confused: as to where the comparison to StS comes in, and it also made me extremely disinterested in it . I have zero interest in poker or anything poker adjacent.

Orv
May 4, 2011
As someone who doesn't give a single poo poo about poker I loved my time with the Balatro demo and I think that both from a build aspect and a presentation aspect the game is great at the one more run feel. It's just satisfying to play.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Mordja posted:

I never played the original Outcast, but the demo for the sequel was kind of fun, albeit time limited. Jetpacking around was a lark and you could make some pretty dumb weapons.
The original Outcast is one of the best games ever made. Play the 1.1 version, not the remake (it sucks, they hosed up the movement feel and there's weird bugs):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/336610/Outcast_11/

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If you're a fan of/waiting on Balatro and havent played Luck Be A Landlord yet play it. Awkward name amazing game. Though I'd recommend the phone version.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

sebmojo posted:

Steamlunkers

Oh I don't know.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

sebmojo posted:

Steamlunkers

Goon Steamers

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I liked the Balatro demo and then kept playing it and the stuff they do with the "bosses" just sucks the fun out of it for me so I have flip-flopped.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Steamtunnelers.

Anyway, I will say that the Balatro demo did feel a little less expansive than the big playtest they had a while ago (for instance, a run in the full game has more Antes, so more time to build up an interesting deck, more joker types, more Boss Blinds), so complaints about build/encounter variety are mostly subject to it being, well, a demo. Can't really help if the gameplay/structure overall doesn't click for you, unfortunately.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sab669 posted:

Do you happen to recall if it's the same demo as before? I'm guessing it is. If so I'll save myself the time of re-playing it :v:
I think it's a cleaned up and polished version, but I installed it just to see if you could play as the Crusaders and no dice. So I think the content is much the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

HopperUK posted:

sebmojo posted:

Steamlunkers

Hibbloes posted:

Goon Steamers

Jossar posted:

Steamtunnelers.

spieleologists