Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Nthing just use the qr code thing. Pretty quick, works well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Stux posted:

nice pube on the screen brother

I looked for longer than I'm willing to admit for the alleged pube, but I can't find it.
That thing definitely needs to be cleaned though :stare:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've only ever accidentally taken a screenshot

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

That makes 3 of us.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i exclusively play my switch on a pc monitor through a game capture so it's trivial to get screenshots + video

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I play it docked to the tv like some kind of freak

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

An Actual Princess posted:

i exclusively play my switch on a pc monitor through a game capture so it's trivial to get screenshots + video

:goonsay:

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Looper posted:

it rules that since sony killed twitter uploads now the only way to get screenshots off a ps4 is by plugging in a usb drive

Nah, you just remote play the ps4 on pc and use the snipping tool!

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

man nurse posted:

I play it docked to the tv like some kind of freak

Me too, like 75% of the time, the next 15% is when I’m in bed winding down and playing something mindless, the last 10% is plane, long car ride or whatever type of transportation.

e: it’s getting harder and harder to play handheld.
I have a launch model and the battery doesn’t last very long anymore :(

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 7, 2024

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I really love the screenshot function and use it all the time.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

eightysixed posted:

Since buying the Switch on Launch Day, I've only ever taken screenshots when I accidentally press the button :shrug:

unrelated question: do you have any decor on your walls

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I have hundreds of goofy screenshots from Mario Odyssey and the Zeldas alone. Im a screenshot fiend

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

eightysixed posted:

Since buying the Switch on Launch Day, I've only ever taken screenshots when I accidentally press the button :shrug:

It's about time you accidentally hold the button and make a video clip

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Stux posted:

nice pube on the screen brother

Oily wintertime
Surprisingly dirty switch grease
ah the perfect pube

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Looper posted:

unrelated question: do you have any decor on your walls

Yeah, my house is like an art museum.
Like you said, unrelated, but that's the answer.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I use the screenshot function a lot. Sometimes it's a helpful reminder of a hint a game gives me that I may need later. Sometimes I want to share something cool to a thread like this one. Sometimes I want to tell a thread why a game is great and will use screenshots or video to help show off the game.

Basically the screenshot/video function owns like hell and I'm glad the Switch has it.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I look at all my Animal Crossing screenshots and its just me sitting on a bench or playing the flute with someone and remember I had nothing better to do during covid. Good times.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
long ago, my friend was a wedding photographer for a while, and said "well, the basic theory to get a good shot is that you take hundreds of photographs, and hope that 1, possibly 2, turn out ok.." so to this day, I jam tf out of the screenshot button

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I look at all my Animal Crossing screenshots and its just me sitting on a bench or playing the flute with someone and remember I had nothing better to do during covid. Good times.

I took screenshots of everyone's birthday parties, and at New Year's

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Just did the QR code method and its dead simple. Probably not gonna use the Twitter method again

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I like saving videos of my friends getting hilariously owned in smash bros

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i don';t have a tv and my eyes are dogshit and i can't do small screens. Eat my rear end.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
But why the capture card

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

i don';t have a tv and my eyes are dogshit and i can't do small screens.

Skill issue.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

hatty posted:

But why the capture card

i wanted to stream

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Eat my rear end.

I don't think that's a treatment but I haven't done any research into it or anything.

Do you need a capture card for it though, can't you just plug the dock in directly to the monitor

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

i don';t have a tv and my eyes are dogshit and i can't do small screens. Eat my rear end.

Skill issue

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
with all the talk about persona 3 remake i finally decided to get persona 5 because it was on sale

surprisingly, im actually having a lot of fun. its a good game

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Blaziken386 posted:

with all the talk about persona 3 remake i finally decided to get persona 5 because it was on sale

I picked it up for basically $20 at Target a few weeks back and sat down to start playing it. After around two hours I was like, "This is really weird" but the story is apparently going to go somwhere. I also will have an extra Joker amiibo shortly if anyone needs one.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tropical Freeze on sale. Worth it?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Looper posted:

it rules that since sony killed twitter uploads now the only way to get screenshots off a ps4 is by plugging in a usb drive

To be fair its not like it's a particularly arduous process to do(used to do it a bunch for Bloodborne and Gundam Breaker 3* screenshots)

*now there's a game that should have had a Switch port

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Looper posted:

there's an app called switchbuddy that makes exporting screenshots really easy
the QR code method of connecting to my smartphone literally never worked for me prior to this because it's not a very good phone, so thanks for mentioning this.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

mdemone posted:

It's a very good game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mdemone posted:

yes

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I agree with the others, it's a good game, but it's quite challenging in some spots.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

mdemone posted:

It is a very good DK platformer. If you are OK with typical DK platforming physics, it is great.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s also the last DK platformer to my knowledge, they should really make another one someday

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Blaziken386 posted:

It is extremely good!

Persona 3 is also on my radar but not for 70 bucks, nah. I'm sure it'll go on sale in a few months.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you should be happy to pay. its worth every penny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

drrockso20 posted:

To be fair its not like it's a particularly arduous process to do(used to do it a bunch for Bloodborne and Gundam Breaker 3* screenshots)

*now there's a game that should have had a Switch port

Gundam breaker owns like hell.

New Gundam break is absolute trash.

Bring back Gundam breaker so i don't need to play it on my vita. Making your own robit man is sick as hell.