Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

a sexual elk posted:

Just gimme some Triple Triand dammit

Tetra master was better

Gwent was better than both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I bought it and then went... awh hell I fell off of The Man Who Erased his Name like halfway through, I should really finish that to see why Kiryu's here and finally beat that over the weekend.

So now I can finally get back to Infinite Wealth and awh damnit, I downloaded and installed Persona 3 Reload

It is a good time to game

The small combat change of letting you move party members around a little makes it so much better than last game

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, for sure. I'm like 8-10 hours in, and it was extremely funny how long the prologue is. Just straight up all the promo stuff is in Hawaii and you're bumming around Japan for like 4 hours of prologue.

The date breakdown was one of the best performed bits I've ever seen in a game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth fuckin owns so much

I got to the island and it's very easy animal farm stuff but so oddly stressful because I need to do this one other thing today, let me do it, don't send me to bed dad!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Kalli posted:

Yeah, for sure. I'm like 8-10 hours in, and it was extremely funny how long the prologue is. Just straight up all the promo stuff is in Hawaii and you're bumming around Japan for like 4 hours of prologue.

It's so uncomfortable and so funny and my partner who almost never watches me playing games just sat with her head in her hands and couldn't believe Ichci was so dumb.

Just got to the totally not Animal Crossing island myself. She was there for that too and somehow that made her understand why the series owns so much.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The fun thing about calc is that I was super proficient out of high school but took Honors Calc I my freshman year and they taught us on TI89. Cut to Calc 2, physics and physical chemistry where I was badly handicapped by having a calculator that could hammer out algebraic poo poo without breaking a sweat, and unable to use it. I was able to beat my head into it hard enough to get through integral calc and physics but p-chem killed me and made me step away from college to rethink my life.

And here I am, a billion years later.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Doing it now, at this point in your life with everything else you have going on is loving rockstar status man.

Doesn’t feel like it, but I certainly appreciate the encouragement. It’s been A Lot to take on.

________

Anyways, here's a Mochi pupdate. Getting Big As All Hell.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Silly Burrito posted:

Give that good dog a treat!

He got some carrot!

He was introduced to bubbles yesterday and was delighted.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's so uncomfortable and so funny and my partner who almost never watches me playing games just sat with her head in her hands and couldn't believe Ichci was so dumb.

Just got to the totally not Animal Crossing island myself. She was there for that too and somehow that made her understand why the series owns so much.

Ichi is is so loving well meaning and wholesome and SO GODDAMN DUMB I love him

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

a neat cape posted:

The Central Park looking area is Balboa Park. Absolutely tons of museums and cool stuff to look at. Big recommended. The aviation museum and museum of man are my favorites.

You're also close to the USS Midway, which is a super cool tour too.

Edgewater Grill and Sally's Fish House in Seaport village are great for local seafood. Hi Poke is in the same area if that's your thing.

:tipshat:

My wife had scoped out the aviation museum, I don't remember hearing about the museum of man.

a sexual elk posted:

We usually hit Mission Bay and the Botanical Gardens, but we’re just dirty Angelenos on a day trip

Botanical gardens was definitely something we noticed in Balboa Park, thanks for the endorsement.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

How many goddamn times do they need to tell FF7 jesus

It's been re-released on different consoles, but hasn't been re-made. And this isn't a bog-standard remake either :ninja:

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is still the second time. This is just the next game - it’s a huge rear end story in total. I think it’ll be three games in all.

Yeah, I think it'll be three total. And in all it probably is closer to the Evangelion movies in terms of what it's doing.

Kalli posted:

The saddest thing to me was when you get released to Hawaii and it tells you your money has been translated to US Dollars, and what exchange rate they used for it :smith:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Swickles, Eric trump was at Snuggery lmao

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

RIP Mojo Nixon

a neat cape posted:

Ichi is is so loving well meaning and wholesome and SO GODDAMN DUMB I love him

He's a golden retriever it rocks I love it

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Amy Pole Her posted:

Swickles, Eric trump was at Snuggery lmao

lol, only place I have ever been where you look forward to the smell of cigarettes because it masks all the other odors

I wonder which leftover line of coke in the bathroom is his

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LeeMajors posted:

Oh baby. Time to smite someone with a D cylinder.

Funny thing is, I think my 4yo could throw a harder punch.

I'm having flashbacks to my Quantum 1 and 2 classes in college and now I want to cry.

LeeMajors posted:

Anyways, here's a Mochi pupdate. Getting Big As All Hell.

Nervous posted:

He got some carrot!

He was introduced to bubbles yesterday and was delighted.

Nevermind I don't want to cry anymore.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Grittybeard posted:

I got to the island and it's very easy animal farm stuff but so oddly stressful because I need to do this one other thing today, let me do it, don't send me to bed dad!

The daily tasks for dondoko bux is nice to start but not necessary. Once you get to later parts, it's by no means the best moneymaker.

Make sure you get some good nature (green) sujimon that aren't DLC (give 3 of em shakes to boost em) who can farm wood and rock because that will be the two resources you can't get as easily. A good way to get cash is to build the big buildings and just sell em.

Once you get the top rank you can keep going for a bit but the cash payout there maxes out and the dungeons are better ways to get money.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

a neat cape posted:

The Central Park looking area is Balboa Park. Absolutely tons of museums and cool stuff to look at.

When I was a pre-teen (pre-Internet), I saw a sign in Balboa Park advertising an upcoming book signing by Theodore Geisel.

Immensely pleased with myself for knowing that was Dr. Seuss' real name, I convinced my parents to head up there early the next Saturday because the line couldn't have been that bad, since I was, you know in the know.

I didn't know he lived in La Jolla. All of loving San Diego knew who Dr Seuss was. And 70% of them were already there.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My mother has a master's in library sciences so as a result I met Dr Seuss at some Scholastic Bookseller Meet & Greet she and her bookloving cronies knew about/organized in the early 80's, so I've got a few books signed by him. Also Shel Silverstein and a bunch of other famous YA and children's authors at the time showed up from time to time at these things. I lived near the University of Iowa so a lot of bigtime authors came through because of their writing school.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 8, 2024

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

You're worried about spoilers for a remake of a game that came out 27 years ago?

Its Rinaldo posted:

How many goddamn times do they need to tell FF7 jesus
As I understand it, they're sort of setting it as a sequel and there's time fuckery? Or something?

Just what I've cleaned from other conversations about it, having not played Remake myself

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
So we gonna do all this coronation and new king bullshit in a year aren't we:

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1754957713333739810?t=0ni06jwWMSoUyeJe_40u5A&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Potions? Do people really refer to natural remedies as potions, or is he going to a witch to find these?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hell yes, there's nothing better then when some obscenely rich white dude knows better then anyone else. You can beat this King, pomegranate cleanses and chakra stones 100%

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

lol, only place I have ever been where you look forward to the smell of cigarettes because it masks all the other odors

I wonder which leftover line of coke in the bathroom is his

When I heard, I repeatedly said my buddy had to be nuts. No way. But everyone has photos and backed it up. Guess he rolled in 15 people deep to the most dive-y bar in Jupiter/gardens… which is something. He has access to absolutely everything and anything here, minus a few exclusive clubs like Seminole, and he chooses…. SNUGGERY?

He was partying with the director of applications for that prominent high school down the road - I *know* you know which one.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
lol British press is gonna feast on Camilla like a pack of hyenas while Chuck's body is still cooling off

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It will be really funny if there's babies that couldn't crawl when Queen Elizabeth died and they are still wearing diapers when her grandson becomes King.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

So we gonna do all this coronation and new king bullshit in a year aren't we:

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1754957713333739810?t=0ni06jwWMSoUyeJe_40u5A&s=19

Oh, so he's pulling a full Steve Jobs.

Delicious.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Deciding to just go ahead and die at 80 rather than doing chemo isn’t the craziest thing in the world.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Timby posted:

Oh, so he's pulling a full Steve Jobs.

Delicious.

GB News isn’t the greatest of sources (I think it’s in the Fox News/OAN territory), but yeah, guess we’ll see. Transitional champ king, anyone?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Amy Pole Her posted:

Cs get degrees baby

Five years after getting your degree not a single potential employer will give a poo poo what your GPA was anyway

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Fifty Three posted:

As I understand it, they're sort of setting it as a sequel and there's time fuckery? Or something?

Just what I've cleaned from other conversations about it, having not played Remake myself

I roughly know what they are doing with it I'm just so tired of them sucking off FF7.

Kefka > Sephiroth

Terra > Cloud

:colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

Deciding to just go ahead and die at 80 rather than doing chemo isn’t the craziest thing in the world.

The thing is, GBN makes any random Fox News host look like Edward R Murrow in terms of credibility

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Kefka is like Ramsay Bolton in Game of Thrones where they just kind of show up and the plot warps around for things to work out well for for them until it doesn't.

Sephiroth at least gets a character arc beyond that.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
No, the network with Nigel Farage doing interviews is The Serious Network With Access To The Facts

What's Alex Jones' take on the matter?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
King Charles gonna meet up with Aaron Rodgers & do ayahuasca laced with ivermectin.

Somehow William & his whole brood go down in a plane crash, leaving Harry to emerge from CanadaCalifornia with Megan Markel as the new King of England.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
There's like 65 people ahead of Princess Suits though

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

I kinda love how bad this list is https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/which_cities_should_get_an_nfl_expansion_team_020424/s1__37690346

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
e: Harry is 5th though

Dunno why I typed Henry the first time

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

lol @ Sydney

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The largest metro area in the world “might be one of the NFL’s biggest markets overnight,” get bent.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Intruder posted:

e: Harry is 5th though

Dunno why I typed Henry the first time
All of William's kids and his wife need to die, then Harry's own kids, then everyone Harry has ever met, then everyone Harry's relatives have ever met, then an Olympic Equestrian has to die, then her kids and nieces and her ex-husband need to die, then most of Virgin Atlantic's cabin crews need to die, then everyone on the Cincinnati Reds, and then Megan is Queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Air Skwirl posted:

It will be really funny if there's babies that couldn't crawl when Queen Elizabeth died and they are still wearing diapers when her grandson becomes King.

That's nothing, we had three prime ministers in eight weeks