Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

So how the hell am I supposed to bet this loving game

It's somehow worse odds than a coin flip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mdemone posted:

So how the hell am I supposed to bet this loving game

It's somehow worse odds than a coin flip

Easy: don't gamble on sports.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mustached Demon posted:

don't gamble on sports challenge (impossible)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Mustached Demon posted:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I don’t want the chiefs to win but I only have one bet on the game currently and it’s chiefs money line lol. If Vegas insists on continuing to make Mahomes an underdog I will continue to take that action

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Docjowles posted:

I don’t want the chiefs to win but I only have one bet on the game currently and it’s chiefs money line lol. If Vegas insists on continuing to make Mahomes an underdog I will continue to take that action

Yeah I'm leaning toward that

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Are the good prop bets out yet? To laugh at, not like I'm putting money anywhere near this game.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Are the good prop bets out yet? To laugh at, not like I'm putting money anywhere near this game.

Nothing worthwhile except for probably CMC over

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You could bet a rashee rice or Pacheco touchdown.

Honestly who knows

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I tried looking in an app for the goofball props like Gatorade color but apparently they are illegal in my state. I’m sure they are out there though. I did see “will there be Scorigami” which is funny.

I enjoy betting on football but I’m not gonna get mad at anyone who thinks it’s dumb and bad. It’s fun to try and “win” off the stupid amount of time I spend following this sport (and then still be wrong anyway because someone important randomly gets injured on the second play of the game lol). I do hate how you cannot consume any sports content AT ALL without being bombarded with gambling ads and betting lines though. Give it the nicotine treatment, the people who want it will still find it just fine. The advertising is out of control.

I should also say I am playing with totally trivial amounts of money. It’s not about getting rich. It’s about being right :smugdog:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
gambling should probably go back to being illegal and advertising should be outlawed or at the very least have the same ad restrictions as cigarettes but I still have fun doing it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Black Sunshine posted:

Anyone who knows anything about football knows that the Chiefs will win, barring a miracle, but I guarantee those whiney fucks will get all emo about being underdogs and nobody believed in this young and inexperienced upstart team that came out of absolutely nowhere to shock the football world by making an almost statistically impossible playoff run that put Eli and Flacco to shame.

I hate that team full of shithead crybaby bitchmade assholes so goddamn much. Next time they're at Hot Topic buying Fall Out Boy shirts I hope the Earth opens up and swallows them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPClltS5k8&t=62s

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This loving guy

https://x.com/1pantherplace/status/1755400746369990912?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Even if this were true what would Purdy look like on the Matt Rhule Panthers lmao

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I can believe it. Rhule had to coach against him in college.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

indigi posted:

gambling should probably go back to being illegal and advertising should be outlawed or at the very least have the same ad restrictions as cigarettes but I still have fun doing it

If Big Tobacco tried to get their restrictions lifted in tyool 2024, they'd probably win

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
It came out at the NFLPA press conference today that the reason the 49ers practice field is so lovely is because they installed the sod incorrectly. They were supposed to lay down a hard plastic surface over the turf, then the sod on top of the plastic surface, but someone apparently forgot that step and they just put the sod directly down over the turf.

They’ve been working on this since December :eng99:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Coldforge posted:

It came out at the NFLPA press conference today that the reason the 49ers practice field is so lovely is because they installed the sod incorrectly. They were supposed to lay down a hard plastic surface over the turf, then the sod on top of the plastic surface, but someone apparently forgot that step and they just put the sod directly down over the turf.

Roger Goodell is a colossal fuckwit

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Coldforge posted:

Eagles finally vindicated

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This loving guy I can’t handle it

https://x.com/panthersculture/status/1755413471657681120?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

You can ask Coop.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Back to Rivers for a sec, Kyle Shanahan said at some point in the offseason that if the Niners somehow had made the SB last year after Purdy/Johnson went down, he was gonna ask Rivers to sign and play that one game for them, which would have been incredible

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

true nfl ends after the divisional round.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

elime anning posted:

Back to Rivers for a sec, Kyle Shanahan said at some point in the offseason that if the Niners somehow had made the SB last year after Purdy/Johnson went down, he was gonna ask Rivers to sign and play that one game for them, which would have been incredible

Rivers vs the Chiefs in a superbowl would have been the most lopsided superbowl in terms of my fandom ever

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

a neat cape posted:

Rivers vs the Chiefs in a superbowl would have been the most lopsided superbowl in terms of my fandom ever

Rivers playing for the 49ers, though?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Coldforge posted:

Rivers playing for the 49ers, though?

I think 30 years is long enough to hold grudges

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when it comes to the 49ers i just want them to not be around and if i see them i wish they will move on very fastly without looking at me. like a bully who goes to another school

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I’m athletic football show brained enough to be really excited about this super bowl. genuinely like both teams. Think it’s an awesome even match up and will be a great game. Sue me

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that Devin Hester, Steve "Mongo" McMichael, and Julius Peppers will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Others too I'm assuming but they only care about Bears.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/...egas-super-bowl

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Coldforge posted:

At least the playing surface the actual game will be played on might be ok this year?

This poo poo shouldn't happen in some fashion two years in a row even if UNLV's field kinda sucks to begin with. It's not like you don't have enough money to figure this out.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

elime anning posted:

I’m athletic football show brained enough to be really excited about this super bowl. genuinely like both teams. Think it’s an awesome even match up and will be a great game. Sue me

What the gently caress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

devin fuckin' hester

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Grittybeard posted:

At least the playing surface the actual game will be played on might be ok this year?

Fingers crossed. Someone there seems to have a real talent for loving it up.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
The least surprising thing would be for that particular field to be really lovely considering the teams involved this year

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

As an idiot myself I am very sympathetic to a worker having a bad day and loving up. But it does feel like someone could have checked up on “was grass installed properly” one single time before a team started using it ahead of one of the highest profile events in the entire world :effort:

Like there is infinite money to throw at this, the cost of redoing the turf has to be like 0.001% of the money taken in

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Black Sunshine posted:

The least surprising thing would be for that particular field to be really lovely considering the teams involved this year

Raiders frantically calling whoever installed the Eagles turf at old Veteran's stadium.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

elime anning posted:

It's going to be a huge one and even the disgruntled football hipsters will ultimately watch & enjoy it, despite themselves

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I expect it to be a good game between two of the best teams, but chiefs exhaustion and the lions getting so close understandably has people yearning for a different matchup

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Just heard Bienemy has been appearing from the chiefs locker room walls like Homer Simpson thru that hedge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

R.D. Mangles posted:

the Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that Devin Hester, Steve "Mongo" McMichael, and Julius Peppers will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Others too I'm assuming but they only care about Bears.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/...egas-super-bowl

if Willis doesn't get in we riot