Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Wait, I just realized it’s 8pm and I haven’t heard anything about today’s promised successful second Mayorkas impeachment attempt. Did they fail again or just retreat to eat pizza and do bits on Fox News?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

After the 2010 “shellacking,” Obama was ready to help the GOP gut Social Security. The only thing that stopped it was freedom caucus nuts scuttling the deal because they didn’t want Obama to get a win going into 2012. :laffo:

But seriously, no, Dems should not play legislative chicken with Republican bills in the hope that Republicans step on their own dicks again. :shepface:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Hazo posted:

Wait, I just realized it’s 8pm and I haven’t heard anything about the promised successful second Mayorkas impeachment attempt. Did they fail again or just retreat to eat pizza do bits on Fox News?

They are apparently waiting for Steve Scalise to return from cancer surgery to vote again

This is all so loving stupid

How do people vote for this clown show of a political party that can't even pass its own agenda?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hazo posted:

Wait, I just realized it’s 8pm and I haven’t heard anything about the promised successful second Mayorkas impeachment attempt. Did they fail again or just retreat to eat pizza and do bits on Fox News?

I think now that they know Rep. Al Green is in play, they have to wait for Steve Scalise to come back from blood cancer treatments.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

i love hpw the ID part of the chyron has useless social media info and not useful stuff like what state he's repping for, party, or elected year/terms.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

After the 2010 “shellacking,” Obama was ready to help the GOP gut Social Security. The only thing that stopped it was freedom caucus nuts scuttling the deal because they didn’t want Obama to get a win going into 2012. :laffo:

But seriously, no, Dems should not play legislative chicken with Republican bills in the hope that Republicans step on their own dicks again. :shepface:

Actually I think getting the GOP on record before an election voting against Social Security would be loving hilarious and backfire hard

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

If Green and Scalise both vote would it be just a deadlock? Would they even try again after their hilarious first failu—ahh who am I kidding, what else would they do, try and pass helpful legislation?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I think now that they know Rep. Al Green is in play, they have to wait for Steve Scalise to come back from blood cancer treatments.

It's amazing to me they openly admit they can't even whip votes, they just blatantly wait to cheat

This has to be the most dysfunctional House in American history.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao wait he is?

But I thought you were winning all those polls Donny! What gives?!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/02/05/trump-calls-to-debate-biden-president-shrugs-him-off.html

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Don’t let the democrats tell you we’re losing!

WE are the ones who tell other people THEY are losing! 😡

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

It's amazing to me they openly admit they can't even whip votes, they just blatantly wait to cheat

This has to be the most dysfunctional House in American history.

Just the most dysfunctional House since the Civil War. :shepface:

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

TulliusCicero posted:

Lol at "Old Democratic Coalition is Starting to Split" while bragging about how you are "winning" when you repeatedly humiliate yourself on the House Floor

It owns that Trump and the GOP were so loving incompetent that they killed their own border bill and have literally no wins to speak of going into an election. They could have just taken the Easy W and just went with "BORDER DEAL A GREAT VICTORY FOR MAGA, BUT NOT ENOUGH! WILL DO MORE ONCE I'M IN OFFICE!" and that would have been easy.

Donny is such a baby about giving Biden any compromise at all he got the GOP solely blamed for the border.

Dems need to do this more: offer moderate GOP what they want and let the MAGA loons blow it up everytime to prevent giving Biden a win.

The way Trump lies, he could just claim that the whole bit of legislation was his idea. Right wing narrative would credit him for the bill. NY Times would explain why this passing is bad for Biden. Bing bong why not done? Good thing the right wing is incompetent.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Honestly Biden is already flipping the script. The campaign just needs to pound this in

"We wanted to secure the border, Donald Trump is playing politics" would work well

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Weren't we just talking about Mojo?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/en...8GGnHSA5NlYIgzk

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/AnnaBower/status/1755406815397826806

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hazo posted:

Wait, I just realized it’s 8pm and I haven’t heard anything about today’s promised successful second Mayorkas impeachment attempt. Did they fail again or just retreat to eat pizza and do bits on Fox News?

One of the reps was incorrectly telling people that Scalise would be back today. He was not back today.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

One of the reps was incorrectly telling people that Scalise would be back today. He was not back today.

Genuine question: what stage is Scalise in for blood cancer?

Not trying to be bloodthirsty, just feel like you are typically in rough shape and on your way out when that is happening.

I don't think he's voting anytime soon if he's required to be in person by their own stupid loving rules.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 8, 2024

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
It's 2024, why aren't there any cameras in the supreme court?

EDIT: I feel like I just asked a similar question.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm not owned I'm not owned! IM NOT OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But yeah if they keep doing the impeachment the "moderates" will eventually cave because that's in their nature.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Outpost22 posted:

It's 2024, why aren't there any cameras in the supreme court?

EDIT: I feel like I just asked a similar question.
:decorum: basically. That's true at every level of the federal judiciary and even getting the live audio was a fight and a half.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Well that fuckin’ sucks!

I assumed he was older and thought he was already dead. :ohdear:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

They're waking up, and they're so woke!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Holy poo poo, I just saw a video of a Sov Cit in court who said it this way. Just found it if you've got some time to waste. It's a trial for practicing law without a license. The sovereign citizen defendant wears leggings and duck boots to court and addresses the judge as "My Honor."

bird food bathtub posted:

It's the confidence of the truly stupid. They don't even begin to grasp how loving stupid they are so they just bull on through convinced they're the smartest person in the room.
If you don't have time to watch an hour-plus-long video, just imagine the person described here until you feel like you're going insane.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
That’s not blood in the Republicans’ mouths, it’s victory wine

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Seriously, party orgs going broke across the country, chaos and dysfunction in the House…. I’m going to be really bummed out if Republicans win anything this year, ‘cuz it will really show that Nothing Matters to American voters.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

kazil posted:

Imagine in a bizarro world where this rep would be blasted all over bizarro rettiwt calling for blood

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1755394484928458763

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Chip Roy sucks, but I’m pretty sure he could beat Ronny Jackson’s rear end, so…. :munch:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ronny "candyman" jackson saw trump naked.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Like, y’know you’re winning not losing when GOP House members are out in public opining about gang beating each other. :hmmyes:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

that's just a bingo card full there

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The "code red" from A Few Good Men was definitely just boys being boys and the entire plot of the movie wasn't that it was immoral and a crime!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lol tilting at windmills is the entirety of the GOP's platform now

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

PhazonLink posted:

so there's a non zero chance we get a modern caning?

Ideally this time for the pro-slavery guy

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

what?

and also why?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Real Swift Boats for Truth return!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Even were it true in every detail, "colluding" with groups you agree with is called free speech, dipshits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

kw0134 posted:

Even were it true in every detail, "colluding" with groups you agree with is called free speech, dipshits.

wrong, demonrat. i would go so far as to call what kerry did an "insurrection"