Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I am hoping for maximum vuvuzela

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I broke it down in the N/V thread but I think they're gonna play the Falcons

shyduck fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 6, 2024

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Howard Eskin, stranded in Brazil

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/MicahCentral11/status/1754540444313059842?t=SN4W-OKYBCQridIestC4Fw&s=19

Fourth time was not the charm

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Gonna go out on a limb here and suggest there is not a grand conspiracy by the NFL to rig the corporate sponsored online fan vote award for qb because they don't like that the fans keep voting for the statistically best qb who also happens to be on the most popular team who's owner is basically the capo of the league.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The statistically best QB is 2-5.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would not be proud about winning an X poll

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Also, I think the Commanders are in play for the Brazil game, especially if we take a high profile QB in the draft that the league wants to highlight.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

shyduck posted:

https://x.com/NFLonFOX/status/1754652202717585867?s=20

I hope they drag one of your rear end in a top hat teams with us

Honestly, if the Eagles absolutely have to play an overseas game at some point, I'm totally fine with this being it. Season opener means they can travel earlier than teams usually do, and the difference in time zone is only an hour or two, so none of this fucks them over the way it does teams playing in Europe.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I just don't like them being the first there. At least with the European and the Mexico games they've presumably ironed out the major issues.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 6, 2024

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the NFL currently hasn't been able to provide a league-standard practice field for the 49ers, the week before the superbowl, in Los Vegas Nevada (USA). I’m not holding my breath for smooth sailing in São Paulo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why don’t they just stay in Santa Clara. It’s not far

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Beyond two interviews, including a face-to-face chat last Monday, there were strong overtures and, league sources tell The Athletic, a job offer made to Macdonald by the Commanders. Any full-court press of the former Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator may have remained shelved if Johnson had the courtesy to attend a Tuesday meeting that many viewed as a formality to his hiring.

Washington held Johnson, the offensive coordinator for one of the league’s most dynamic attacks the past two seasons, in high regard at the onset... The NFL world praised the Lions’ offensive coordinator as next in line. In the context of alpha head coaches, it turned out they were coveting a false idol.

When pundits and internet rumors flooded the zone for weeks with claims that Johnson, 37, was the overwhelming favorite, if not a “lock” hire in Washington — a downside of Harris running a largely leak-free search — minimal pushback occurred. The gleefully ignorant voices were unaware or chose not to care that the consummation assumptions came from an echo chamber of gossip rather than factual information.

When newbie power brokers like Johnson and Macdonald attempt to control their newfound leverage, wild twists and turns may follow whether experienced advisers try steering them toward calm waters. ...Johnson and his agent shared their exit plans by texting team officials while the Commanders’ group was on a flight from the Washington, D.C., area to meet in Michigan.

“I like Ben. A year ago, he knew he wasn’t ready,” one high-ranking executive with another team texted. “I get a feeling he still thinks he needs time. Who knows? But to break (the decision) while they were in the air is a poor choice.” Whatever the theory, league sources, whether they cared about Washington’s plight or not, shared one unified sentiment: The Commanders got screwed. “Outrageous. Simply outrageous,” said a league source familiar with the situation. “That’s not how you conduct business. It is how you ruin your reputation.”

https://theathletic.com/5242976/2024/02/05/commanders-head-coach-dan-quinn/

lol, Washington sicced their media dogs on Johnson

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
To be fair Ben Johnson’s camp has been dropping the “he wasn’t impressed, they’re dumb basketball guys” line.

That said I’d like to see us rise above. Be the opposite of Snyder in every way.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

He called them a bunch of basketball guys.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We have called them dumb basketball guys too

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I can't believe we couldn't even get through the first hiring cycle without Washington nonsense. Maybe Snyder wasn't the problem, maybe someone laid down a curse on that place. Was FedEx built on a burial ground

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They haven’t gutted the front office yet, it’s all still the same people that Snyder employed by and large.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Febreeze posted:

I can't believe we couldn't even get through the first hiring cycle without Washington nonsense. Maybe Snyder wasn't the problem, maybe someone laid down a curse on that place. Was FedEx built on a burial ground

It's Washington DC. Those clowns did it again. What a bunch of clowns.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

well the whole country kind of was

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This is going great

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We need somebody who can drain the swamp in DC.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Febreeze posted:

The owner didn't wish us "happy Thanksgiving" in the middle of winter this time. Huge win. You expect to much.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Yudo posted:

The owner didn't wish us "happy Thanksgiving" in the middle of winter this time. Huge win. You expect to much.

Presumably he didn’t sexually assault or harass anyone before during or after the press conference either. Baby steps.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
just watching season two of welcome to wrexham, and WOW there's a lot of background eagles presence. jerseys and logos and name-drops frequently. my first thought was yay more british eagles fans incoming, but then i wondered whether the eagles have an actual deal going with wrexham. i'm aware it may just be free advertising via mcelhenney being such a massive eagles fan, but given the amount of brand synergy reynolds has organised around wrexham, i kinda doubt it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm tapped into English culture because of my job and by and large everyone hates Wrexham and thinks they're cringe

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Doltos posted:

I'm tapped into English culture because of my job and by and large everyone hates Wrexham and thinks they're cringe

Sounds perfect for the eagles, I don't see the problem.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
https://x.com/ChuxMaranan/status/1754923203766440370?s=20

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Doltos posted:

lmao, yes of course. right, in which case, lol at the idea of a generation of overseas nfl fans taking it as read that the eagles are lame and cringe.

Asproigerosis posted:

Sounds perfect for the eagles, I don't see the problem.

mcelhenney unwittingly recreating overseas the authentic reaction of non-eagles fans to eagles fans.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Doltos posted:

That might be because Wrexham isn't English

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:mcnabb:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Miss me with sconces guy who scored the big FA contract and immediately gave up trying on our roster.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Febreeze posted:

probably something in the water (sewage)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
did i purchase that mcnabb smiley

i can't remember if I'm the one who purchased that mcnabb smiley

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Rex Ryan.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Rob Ryan was a hilarious pairing with Jason Garrett. Excited to see if Rex and Mike can bring back that same combination of bumbling and incompetent

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tom Sellout posted:

Rob Ryan was a hilarious pairing with Jason Garrett. Excited to see if Rex and Mike can bring back that same combination of bumbling and incompetent

The Dallas Cowboys: Food and Feet

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
https://theathletic.com/5252618/2024/02/06/commanders-coaching-drama/

quote:

someone in Ben Johnson’s camp leaked word over the weekend that the Detroit Lions’ offensive coordinator was turned off by Washington’s ownership group during his interviews with them, dismissing them as “basketball guys” who “were a little too confident in their football opinions.” And that, one guesses, was part of why he broke off negotiations with the team as Harris and company were en route to Detroit for a second interview with him.

That’s not the flex whoever said that thinks it is.

Last time I checked, the elite “basketball guys” make five to 10 times more money playing their sport than elite “football guys” do playing theirs and are 100 times more famous and more commercially viable as a result. And I’d be curious if most NFL head coaches would be happy getting contracts that “basketball guys” like George Karl got as NBA head coaches … 20 years ago. And since the Lions have come up short in their last two postseasons, while Myers’ and Magic Johnson’s hands are weighed down by the championship rings they own, maybe Ben Johnson and/or his camp should get off their high horses and listen to people who’ve actually won something.

Commanders FO: Who wouldn't like that? To be part of the basketball scene?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I appreciate the extremely loser rear end whining and bitching of the Commanders. Easy to hate em again.