Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
I don’t know, all this drama makes me wanna shitpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I can't stop thinking about Timdog. Semantic satiation taking hold already

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Friendship ended with XBOX

Now Nintendo is my best friend

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Ruffian Price posted:

I can't stop thinking about Timdog. Semantic satiation taking hold already

Cause his bark was loud, but his bite wasn't vicious?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I, for one, will continue to honor TimDog and our other fallen comrades. The console war is fierce, fellow gamers, and they paid the ultimate price. Let us all continue to unlock cheevos in their name.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

War never changes.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The witch king series S/X: fool! no man can fell me!
Timdog, revealing themselves: Roikes!! Rhime rno ran!!

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
Why did Bill Gates name the company Micro Soft

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Worms butthole guy

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s over

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1755397955509432667?s=20

mem
Sep 1, 2005
It's time for Microsoft to get out of the hardware business and do what they do best - manage game studios.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
they should have kept the hdmi input and the snapping feature

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

It's been known for a while that they are dropping physical. The next console won't have a disc drive.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Wiltsghost posted:

It's been known for a while that they are dropping physical. The next console won't have a disc drive.

It also won't have a CPU or ram if the rumours are true

Can't have the wrong ram if you don't have a console!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mem posted:

It's time for Microsoft to get out of the hardware business and do what they do best - manage game studios.

Lol

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

kecske posted:

isn't that from a tool album

Not tool but whatevs, anthem for the raging xbox fanboys. Couldn’t be bothered writing the whole thing but you get the gist

Some of those who work ‘boxes
Are the same that kill consoles
Uh!

Killing off the Xbox
Duh-nuh nuh
And now you’ll play what they give ya
Duh-nuh nuh
And now you’ll play what they give yaaaaa

X Box died, you’re justified
You’re losing your brand in the console fight

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

If I was the guy that made Redfall I’d be feeling pretty bad right about now

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
So we started at "Microsoft rumoured to be releasing current first party exclusives to other platforms" and are now at "Xbox is cancelled, Microsoft now just game publisher, games in development are all cancelled now" from the looks of it.

Honestly, at this point if they dropped out and Sony triples the price of PlayStation it'd be the funniest option to me.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Watch me fuckin kill my golden goose

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So funny how they bought call of duty and Skyrim and Minecraft and they’re still losing. Fire everyone in charge lmao

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

A remake of any of the Elder Scrolls or Fallout games would sell crazy numbers and save everyone

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Don't repost my DMs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

90sgamer posted:

Why did Bill Gates name the company Micro Soft

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

anyone done a wellness check on timdog today, i'm worried

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

barnold posted:

they should have kept the hdmi input
Not even kidding I’d love an HDMI passthrough feature on a console right now. Not even for TV, let me use Game DVR and turn the Series S into a capture box.

quote:

and the snapping feature
No this sucked rear end.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lube Enthusiast posted:

A remake of any of the Elder Scrolls or Fallout games would sell crazy numbers and save everyone
There were mentions in the FTC court documents of Oblivion and Fallout 3 remakes, but those were from before COVID, let alone everything else.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Finished Wasteland 3 and it's loving awesome, if you like CRPGs it's definitely one to play.

It's less serious than Wasteland 2, maybe goes a bit hard on the jokes and pop culture references, also the Unity engine sucks, and the characters were a bit mild, but overall I ended up loving it.

And the music, holy poo poo, the covers and the custom songs, goddamn :worship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vskE1Wkkfl4

inXile are killers in the RPG field, love them

edit: Oh the DLC is absolutely worth it, even if the new game mechanics are a bit annoying at first, they add variety to the battles

edit 2: Maybe not everyone needs to be voice acted next time. Maybe just let the professionals voice the main characters. Just sayin'. I know Kevin from QA is doing his best at sounding like a gruff post apocalyptic warrior, but you can tell which voices are from pros

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 8, 2024

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
They could have evolved the snapping (actually a windows 8 multitasking element lmao) into a normal pip window and it would have kicked rear end.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Wow, 1,000 new posts in the Xbox thread. What's the awesome new game everyone is discussing?

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Wow, 1,000 new posts in the Xbox thread. What's the awesome new game everyone is discussing?

Knack. It's coming!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sega is back in the hardware business after Microsoft sold them the Xbox brand

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Wasteland 3, it's right above your post!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

They could have evolved the snapping (actually a windows 8 multitasking element lmao) into a normal pip window and it would have kicked rear end.

On the topic of Windows...

I wonder what their market share would've been like if from the outset they gave you the option to boot the Series X into Windows with full keyboard & mouse support.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Microsoft are having a business update next week. Either they are putting a few first-party games on PS5/Switch, or they are completely exiting hardware, or Gamepass is going ad-supported, or they’re banning physical media, or they’re forcing you to subscribe to Office 365 for Gamepass, or releasing a Series E handheld to fit between the S and the X, or anything in between

The only thing we know for sure is that Timdog, Klobrille, NutBuster87, FranticUnicorn and ThatStreamerGuyxx are on suicide watch

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
How’s Rand Al Thor 19 taking the news? :/

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I just checked and I have 101 bucks on my Xbox account, because christmas and birthday gift cards. Can't wait for the Xbox clearance sale to start.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Finished Wasteland 3 and it's loving awesome, if you like CRPGs it's definitely one to play.

Wasteland 3 is a fantastic game. Another one I'd never have tried if it wasn't for game pass.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

MarcusSA posted:

Sega is back in the hardware business after Microsoft sold them the Xbox brand

I kinda wish that pre release series x rumour were true, that series x in japan was gonna be rebranded as a new sega console lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder what the last physical Xbox game disc will be. While I suspect some games have contractual arrangements where there must be a physical SKU of some sort in stores, I imagine we'll start seeing "code in box" style Xbox releases, like we already do on Switch.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The Kins posted:

There were mentions in the FTC court documents of Oblivion and Fallout 3 remakes, but those were from before COVID, let alone everything else.

The Oblivion rumors are persistent, a former Virtuos employee supposedly leaked details on it last year (before deleting everything they posted).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

univbee posted:

I wonder what the last physical Xbox game disc will be. While I suspect some games have contractual arrangements where there must be a physical SKU of some sort in stores, I imagine we'll start seeing "code in box" style Xbox releases, like we already do on Switch.

some lovely ea sports game that comes out 4 years after the next console generation is underway