Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Jeff Gerstmann gets really dumb messages about wrestling every so often but this one is something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dont post niennunbs tumblr asks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's a great day for posts.

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1755366807844651422

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
SRS is currently taking the mother of all victory laps and it’s delightful to see. :allears:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Drakkel posted:

I always love those notion that just being in another wrestler company is going to somehow ruin a wrestlers career. Like do they really think WWE would go "Oh eww you were in AEW? No THANKS"

It's not so far-fetched when you remember from 2000 til about mid 2010 this was WWEs attitude to all wrestling to the point that it was a cosmic joke that WWE didn't use the indies to scout talent and instead would only take wrestlers from in house and if they would pick up an indie person would always treat them as something to be abused and mistreated even when they were so talented they got over. CM Punk and Bryan Danielson most notoriously.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

“back to her house” is the weirdest way to communicate this thought and it’s making me laugh a lot

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TinTower posted:

SRS is currently taking the mother of all victory laps and it’s delightful to see. :allears:

This one is really good.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

VideoWitch posted:

Jeff Gerstmann gets really dumb messages about wrestling every so often but this one is something else

Ric Flair Drip? The man has had more gonorrhea than you've had hot meals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WROYTJrLPms&t=119s

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
dripp? they meant sip'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

VideoWitch posted:

I love the "Mr. Levesque, your promotion has the momentum of a runaway freight train, why are you so popular?" people.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Yeah what sort of person would wrestle in an ice cream mask? Very mysterious if you ask me.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Saucer Crab posted:

Yeah what sort of person would wrestle in an ice cream mask? Very mysterious if you ask me.

In what universe is Darby Allin tall or jacked?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

CombineThresher posted:

In what universe is Darby Allin tall or jacked?

I had to double take at the tweet because I at first thought he meant Sting and Darby beating Starks and Bill, but then thought that he meant the Young Bucks beating Sting and Darby.

Now I realise he meant Sting's kids because Sting isn't young and Darby isn't tall and jacked, but it's still a dumb take because the ending was solid.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Plus sting having giant previously unmentioned polo shirt sons is just really funny on its face. Way to be in your late 30s, polo shirt sons

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Those young muscular handsome stingers are not trained wrestlers, how could they possibly hope to stand against an expertly qualified, highly trained tag team that has established themselves as some of the best wrestlers in the world, what with their number of title reigns

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

rotinaj posted:

Those young muscular handsome stingers are not trained wrestlers, how could they possibly hope to stand against an expertly qualified, highly trained tag team that has established themselves as some of the best wrestlers in the world, what with their number of title reigns

Also they had baseball bats!!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
We got to make sure Sting's non-wrestler Large Adult Sons remain strong.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sex Farm posted:

Also they had baseball bats!!

White baseball bats too so it was extra insulting.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
There's only but a few

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

1: why not?
2: it's probably cool for the person

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MassRafTer posted:

This one is really good.

This kinda rules because it shows tribalism in action.

"Oh, Kamille is going to WWE? She's great, that's awesome!"

"Actually now it looks like sh'es going to AEW."

"Well she kinda sucks, no wonder WWE wasn't interested."

"Actually she was just visiting a friend."

"drat, that's bad for AEW, can't wait to see her in WWE!"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

hometown pops rule sorry.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

“Why would AEW treat signing a major free agent like a big deal? Just throw’em out there!”

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Do yall think people in vegas or chicago have heard of sasha banks? is she a national act

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Mone should have debuted in bossier city in front of 2500 people

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

projecthalaxy posted:

Do yall think people in vegas or chicago have heard of sasha banks? is she a national act

Do you really need people to explain the concept of the hometown reaction to you?

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
They haven’t even shown her shaking anyone’s hand backstage! What the hell

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I do think she'll get a great pop in Boston, I just also think she'd get a great pop anywhere! People have cable!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

projecthalaxy posted:

what do the casuals think

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/VegasDegen1985/status/1755442222093271343

PFP/tweet combination unmatched.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How exactly does one sell out by not returning to the biggest "wrestling" company in the world?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Shard posted:

How exactly does one sell out by not returning to the biggest "wrestling" company in the world?

WWE is a big family. A big family that has a bunch of relatives that nobody should leave their kids unsupervised around.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

projecthalaxy posted:

I do think she'll get a great pop in Boston, I just also think she'd get a great pop anywhere! People have cable!

People can be tribal about things. People often have strong attachments to their home towns. It's why you get more Chicago Bears fans in Chicago than you do in San Francisco despite the fact that you can watch all the games either of them play on TV.

People like the story of someone from their town or city or state or country doing well and coming back home.

CM Punk gets an over the top reaction in Chicago, more so than he does in other places. Will Ospreag got a ridiculous reaction at Wembley because while he's not from London he's still an english boy done good.

Sasha grew up in Boston. She trained as a wrestler with a promotion in the Boston suburbs. She is billed as being from Boston. She is going to get a disproportionate reaction walking out in Boston.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Boston is a world class city unlike Vegas, the mobs irrigation project in the desert, and Chicago which is landlocked and impossible to be world class. Keep hating losers :wrongcity:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Essex is basically London. Whole southeast corner of the country is basically London.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Every morning I get up early, head out to town and ask people what they think about current pro wrestling story lines. I think it is important to catch whatever vibe is brewing organically in society. The through-line that seems to unite all the opinions I hear, whether it is pro or anti whichever promotion, is that people don't really want to talk to me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Boston is a world class city unlike Vegas, the mobs irrigation project in the desert, and Chicago which is landlocked and impossible to be world class. Keep hating losers :wrongcity:

They call it the Paris of the East

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

And they have a better chance to draw a giant crowd for the debut in Boston and I have a better chance of going in Boston.