Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Yanfei's only weakness are those weird scales she has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Yanfei, CR, Furina, And Bennett having a fantastic time in the new area. I thought I’d miss Fontaine swimming more, but being able to run on water makes up for it tbh.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Yanfei, CR, Furina, And Bennett having a fantastic time in the new area. I thought I’d miss Fontaine swimming more, but being able to run on water makes up for it tbh.

Yeah that's a welcome new mechanic.

EDIT: I seem to have acquired something called a Shibakonan Heizou. What the hell?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Feb 8, 2024

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Tampa Bae posted:

Geo just really sucks on its own doesn't it
On its own, it at least can generate enough particles to fuel everybody.

The main issue is consistent Geo batteries are either inconvenient (Geo Traveler) or unicorns (Albedo & Gorou).

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Heizou is one of those characters that looks extremely fun to play but I haven't had the urge to build/put a team together for.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Heizou IS really fun to play. He's like a pocket-sized anemo Wriothesely with his hand-to-hand attacks, but with extra moves like a nice kick-flip.

I don't have a good team built especially for him (he's always a flex character for me), but he's really handy to use when exploring the desert since his normal attack applies anemo and will blow away sand dunes for you. (Edit 2: Wait, that sounds like I'm damning him with faint praise. No, he's good in combat too!)

Edit: PS. I now have 182 wishes, so I'm guaranteed to pull Xiao in 12 days. :neckbeard: The only other character I currently lack that I really want is Zhongli, who probably won't be returning until the fall, so it will be nice to play the game for a while without obsessively searching for ways to earn primos. (Neuvillette's C1 would be really sweet, but not game-changing. However, to anyone reading this who does not have Neuvillette, get him. No hand-wringing or hesitation necessary. 100% get him.)

Rabbit Hill fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 8, 2024

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Heizou loving rules, love that lil guy. Good mechanics (swirl 4x and then do Big Punch! do Big Kick as needed!), pretty easy to build around (just throw other elements on his team so he can smoosh them together via swirls). The only reasons I don't use him more are 1. the best comp I have for him is just slamming in the usual electro + hydro off-fielders that any team will use (some combo of XQ/Yelan/Fischl/Kuki/Raiden), and 2. i didn't have enough pulls to aggressively max his cons the first time he came around and he's been on some infrequent and dogshit banners for what I want in 5*s.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
C5 Heizou 🥲

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Post your best world exploration team

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Yelan (gotta go fast)
Bird Mom (gotta go up)
Furina (on-demand healing, walks on water)
tall man DPS of your choice so when you MUST use stamina you still go as fast as possible

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Ayaka/Yelan/Sayu/(Kazuha or Xianyun). Ayaka's alternate sprint is just as fast as a tallboy (especially with Anemo resonance), and it also gives you waterwalking for role consolidation. This is clearly the optimal strategy.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Rabbit Hill posted:

(Neuvillette's C1 would be really sweet, but not game-changing. However, to anyone reading this who does not have Neuvillette, get him. No hand-wringing or hesitation necessary. 100% get him.)

How so? I heard he's just a big high damage laser, or is the laser just that much fun? While checking his element I saw it says he's pneuma aligned and vaguely remember hearing about pneuma and ousia when Fontaine was new. Did that end up amounting to much?

I'm debating where to go next with my pulls. Probably Chiori since I have no geo besides Noelle and Ningguang. Zhongli and Furina are windmill slams but won't be back around for a bit yet.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

FractalSandwich posted:

Ayaka/Yelan/Sayu/(Kazuha or Xianyun). Ayaka's alternate sprint is just as fast as a tallboy (especially with Anemo resonance), and it also gives you waterwalking for role consolidation. This is clearly the optimal strategy.

This but I have Kirara in the last spot for quick verticality (also because I don't have those two)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

bagrada posted:

How so? I heard he's just a big high damage laser, or is the laser just that much fun? While checking his element I saw it says he's pneuma aligned and vaguely remember hearing about pneuma and ousia when Fontaine was new. Did that end up amounting to much?

I'm debating where to go next with my pulls. Probably Chiori since I have no geo besides Noelle and Ningguang. Zhongli and Furina are windmill slams but won't be back around for a bit yet.

The laser is really fun and it deals an absolute ton of damage

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Pneumousia is whatever. The thing about neuv is his mechanics are insanely easy/strong. His laser damage is so big and easy to control that you can think of his damage as basically hitting every enemy on the screen simultaneously (and e has no turning speed limitation so with a macro you can actually spin 360 degrees and literally hit everyone in the room at once). As it turns out having no mechanical limitations to who you hit is ridiculously strong considering his C0R0 damage is pretty competitive to start with.

Oh yeah and the self healing too. He heals something like 25,000 life every time you press E and do a charged shot (granted he then drains it away again but he stops draining at 50% which means he's almost always safe).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 8, 2024

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He deals so much damage that he legit can solo. He's effectively invincible because his skill/burst water balls heals so fast that unless he gets one-shot, he will be at full health again (he's an HP scaler so his HP will be closer to 40k in the first place)

His best f2p weapon is also prototype amber, meaning he's a DPS that also heals and regens energy to the team.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Neuvillette being powerful and simple to play well is a big part of the appeal, aside from flying around with a laser being cool. Also pneuma/ousia don't matter aside from making parts of the Fontaine weekly boss smoother.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

drat. Okay, on the list he goes.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, neuv is good and fun to play as, you should get him. I run neuv/kirara/fischl/kazuha and its pretty great

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

bagrada posted:

i have Neuv and think he's more fun to play than any other character in the game by a wide margin, but at the same time, I don't think any main DPS is a must-have, apart from maybe Raiden if you squint (and really that's for hyperbloom and energy support more than it is for her actual DPS capability). the on-fielder is the most personal taste-dependent part of any team.

that said, Neuv's very strong, he works extremely well with several other recently-released characters, and pneuma/ousia is completely meaningless. all it does is make you kill a couple of obscure boss adds in one second instead of two.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

bagrada posted:

He is so strong that he can pretty much solo everything in the game until you're on floor 12 of the abyss. I used him with a Lynette that was 1/1/1 talents just for her taunt and a Layla at 60 for the shield. Hardly optimal, still rolled through everything

Plus the lazer is fun. The lazer can also get you over rivers pretty easily, sometimes up awkwardly slopped mountains

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Post your best world exploration team

Ganyu/Furina/Fischl/Zhongli

If you want painless combat

Nahida/Yae, Fischl, Raiden, Kuki/Furina, Xingqiu, Yelan/Flex

Also this new commission system rules, I had no idea there was an achievement behind the 'Help Rudolph find a present for his wife' one this whole time.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tampa Bae posted:

He is so strong that he can pretty much solo everything in the game until you're on floor 12 of the abyss. I used him with a Lynette that was 1/1/1 talents just for her taunt and a Layla at 60 for the shield. Hardly optimal, still rolled through everything

Plus the lazer is fun. The lazer can also get you over rivers pretty easily, sometimes up awkwardly slopped mountains

Hell the abyss he came out, Neuv could easily solo it and still get 3 stars.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just did another 20 pulls and managed to C6 Faruzan. Don't really want Gaming enough and have Noelle C6'ed already so think that's the end of this banner for me.

Crazy pull luck this banner. In 43 pulls I got Xianyun, 2 Faruzan (C5+C6), 2 Noelle (converted to glitter) and an off banner Beidou (converted).

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 8, 2024

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

There's only been one day so far I got a story quest that wasn't tied to an achievement I didn't already have, it's such a blessing to finally be out of Inazuma after getting the last chest from there months ago. It'd be neat if they upped the rate of the books while fishing too because I'm only 5 pages in after doing in twice a week for months

Kale posted:

Just did another 20 pulls and managed to C6 Faruzan. Don't really want Gaming enough and have Noelle C6'ed already so think that's the end of this banner for me.

Crazy pull luck this banner. In 43 pulls I got Xianyun, 2 Faruzan (C5+C6), 2 Noelle (converted to glitter) and an off banner Beidou (converted).
Banner was really blessed for me too, I think I spent around 80 primos, got Nahida & Cloud Retainer and only lost the 50/50 on 4* characters twice to a fav warbow and dragon's bane

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 8, 2024

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just noticed the game gives you a best in slot recommendation for artifacts on characters now kind of like HI3. That's a really awesome time save of having to look things up.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I’ve been pulling since I’m not that close to pity and got c5 Faruzan (2 dupes). I really hope the game doesn’t c5uck me again like with Sara. The last banner was a nightmare with how bad my luck was and I literally didn’t get one usable 4 star drop except one Chevy. I don’t even have an anemo carry but maybe I would build Heizou if I got c6 Faruzan. There’s a lot of stuff I don’t like but constellation dependent four stars is such absolute poo poo especially when it’s c6.

Re: Neuvilette is wonder how much money they will make when he reruns. I think some people’s primo savings were caught off guard and were saving for Furina, and now he has this (justified) legendary status. They really made an awesome character who has the modern genshin constellation trap/highly incentivized weapon but still feels strong at c0. I did fall for the trap on his banner, and had terrible luck but ended up with c1/r1 (would have been c3 if my luck wasn’t so bad, in theory since I would have stopped at c1 anyway). I don’t really like that they put team flexibility into 5 star c1s now. I can’t really say it was “worth it” because gently caress that game design wallet fishing but it is really nice to slot him more easily into teams without suffering, and perhaps more importantly the interruption resist was a huge QoL increase since I never got Zhongli.

Now it’s looking like the same poo poo for Chiori which means I basically won’t get any 5 stars until she releases if I want c1 (since I won’t top up anymore) if I want her to go with Navia. I almost wish they did traditional gacha power creep over incentivizing dupes like that since dupes are always the worst part of a game’s gacha system for me (especially with a 50/50 system).

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Tampa Bae posted:

There's only been one day so far I got a story quest that wasn't tied to an achievement I didn't already have, it's such a blessing to finally be out of Inazuma after getting the last chest from there months ago. It'd be neat if they upped the rate of the books while fishing too because I'm only 5 pages in after doing in twice a week for months

Banner was really blessed for me too, I think I spent around 80 primos, got Nahida & Cloud Retainer and only lost the 50/50 on 4* characters twice to a fav warbow and dragon's bane

I'm trying to get the last of the Tales of Winter commissions I need (which realistically will probably take multiple attempts because hosed if I remember what 2 options I already picked...) and its been insisting on giving me the good hunter delivery quest the last 3 days. Finally looked it up, and turns out theres an achievement for eating the food.

Also, new web event. Click a couple of pictures, get a small amount of primos, stretched over a few days.

https://x.com/GenshinImpact/status/1755433775335366998?s=20

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

rio posted:

I’ve been pulling since I’m not that close to pity and got c5 Faruzan (2 dupes). I really hope the game doesn’t c5uck me again like with Sara. The last banner was a nightmare with how bad my luck was and I literally didn’t get one usable 4 star drop except one Chevy. I don’t even have an anemo carry but maybe I would build Heizou if I got c6 Faruzan. There’s a lot of stuff I don’t like but constellation dependent four stars is such absolute poo poo especially when it’s c6.

Re: Neuvilette is wonder how much money they will make when he reruns. I think some people’s primo savings were caught off guard and were saving for Furina, and now he has this (justified) legendary status. They really made an awesome character who has the modern genshin constellation trap/highly incentivized weapon but still feels strong at c0. I did fall for the trap on his banner, and had terrible luck but ended up with c1/r1 (would have been c3 if my luck wasn’t so bad, in theory since I would have stopped at c1 anyway). I don’t really like that they put team flexibility into 5 star c1s now. I can’t really say it was “worth it” because gently caress that game design wallet fishing but it is really nice to slot him more easily into teams without suffering, and perhaps more importantly the interruption resist was a huge QoL increase since I never got Zhongli.

Now it’s looking like the same poo poo for Chiori which means I basically won’t get any 5 stars until she releases if I want c1 (since I won’t top up anymore) if I want her to go with Navia. I almost wish they did traditional gacha power creep over incentivizing dupes like that since dupes are always the worst part of a game’s gacha system for me (especially with a 50/50 system).
Well the rumor is that he's on the next patch *and* running with Kazuha so my guess is "a whole lot of money"

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

SiKboy posted:

I'm trying to get the last of the Tales of Winter commissions I need (which realistically will probably take multiple attempts because hosed if I remember what 2 options I already picked...) and its been insisting on giving me the good hunter delivery quest the last 3 days. Finally looked it up, and turns out theres an achievement for eating the food.
Nah the one day I didn't get an achievement quest was for archery practice, just unlucky but still one day out of a week is way better than one day out of six weeks.

After this I've got a few more in Mondstat, then maybe I can start Fontaine + Fontaine commissions at the same time which would be really cool.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

The commission update has taught me there are a lot of commissions that give you achievements for loving them up that I didn't know about.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I really need a list of all the commission-specific cheevos so i can go through and check what I do and don't have at this point

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

Tree Reformat posted:

I really need a list of all the commission-specific cheevos so i can go through and check what I do and don't have at this point

https://genshin-center.com/achievements

Filter by commission tag, you can also track what you've done there.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Yuwe posted:

https://genshin-center.com/achievements

Filter by commission tag, you can also track what you've done there.

You’re a saint :tipshat:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I like how Gaming's EN voice actor is obviously a Chinese speaker from his pronunciation. They should have gotten a French guy to say Oratrice Mecanique D'analyse Cardinale tbh.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Redmark posted:

I like how Gaming's EN voice actor is obviously a Chinese speaker from his pronunciation. They should have gotten a French guy to say Oratrice Mecanique D'analyse Cardinale tbh.

Neuvilette should also have a baguette under his arm at all times.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Redmark posted:

They should have given everyone from Fontaine an outrageous accent. That would have given the English dub the USP it needs.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

They made a fish claymore, they need to make a baguette weapon.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FractalSandwich posted:

They should have given everyone from Fontaine an outrageous accent. That would have given the English dub the USP it needs.

ngl, I was a little disappointed that no one in Fontaine spoke like Mona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Mona isn't from fontaine though, and her accent is just fancy old hollywood