Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

KORNOLOGY posted:

Alastor's shadow is a deer demon, he's seen eating rotting deer, I maintain he has DiD due to all the plates he's spinning.

Deer identity Disorder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Flopsy posted:

No arguments here I definitely notice the difference.

I wonder if this means when Adam broke the Mike he "cut" Alastor's throat in a way. Or damaged his voice box seeing as the Mike is such a large part of him.

It definitely did something as he pretty much lost his mojo and was vulnerable leaving Adam to score a hit that nearly did Alastor in. Plus he lost that mic voice effect.

I'm sure in time he'll be able to resummon it as it was, more of less him healing and recuperating his strength. Unless there's more to it.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Deer identity Disorder?

Oh deer.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's really fun that in the episode where everyone else gets to be badass, we get to see Charlie go full mama bear and then Lucifer go full papa wolf, it's Alastor who eats poo poo and comes off as the one scrambling to regain his dignity while everyone else is celebrating and the biggest joke of the hotel residents literally ascends to Heaven for his heroism.

The thing is with edgelords is that they're only fun when they don't get to have their own way.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Is it happening

Maybe

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
I still say Sir Penitentious is the superior turn of phrase.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Emily and Sera, among the angelic audience, would know the Hotel's guests and staff from the episode's observations. I do wonder who they were quietly betting on and/or cheering for to make it first.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Emily and Sera, among the angelic audience, would know the Hotel's guests and staff from the episode's observations. I do wonder who they were quietly betting on and/or cheering for to make it first.

Sera was briefly horrified that he showed up, wasn't she? I think she realized that Charlie was right in that moment. I don't think anyone else has ever made the transfer via death like this. Lucifer fell, Lilith made a deal to hide out in heaven, but nothing like this has happened before.

I really hope Adam comes back in hell as a mirror of this.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Emily promised she would figure something out so I wonder if she’s responsible and found a way to codify Adam’s made up bullshit list into law or something

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’ll be curious to see what Sera does from here (IE: whether she tries to hide Pentious or accepts that Charlie was right) and if she’s also aware of the situation with Lilith.

I’m hoping we’re not done with Pent yet though, it feels like you could probably do some fun things with him and Emily (plus word of his ascension needs to get back to Charlie somehow)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 8, 2024

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
We also need to learn what happened to the egg boiz :smith:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Don't worry! The fan artists have already come up with the worse case scenario: your mind gets wiped of all your hell memories so Sir Pentious wouldn't remember anyone, especially Cherry!

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Pyrotoad posted:

We also need to learn what happened to the egg boiz :smith:

They're in purgatory. They were never born.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Don't worry! The fan artists have already come up with the worse case scenario: your mind gets wiped of all your hell memories so Sir Pentious wouldn't remember anyone, especially Cherry!

Seems to me that'd make ascending kinda pointless if you don't remember what you did to get there.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's really fun that in the episode where everyone else gets to be badass, we get to see Charlie go full mama bear and then Lucifer go full papa wolf, it's Alastor who eats poo poo and comes off as the one scrambling to regain his dignity while everyone else is celebrating and the biggest joke of the hotel residents literally ascends to Heaven for his heroism.

The thing is with edgelords is that they're only fun when they don't get to have their own way.

Can I just say I very much appreciate Viv going that route with one of her oldest most favorite characters? It would've been easy to make him this unstoppable badass but she showed just what his arrogance gets him in excruciating detail.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Not like you can't punch way above your weight class in hell. Imps have gotten beings way more powerful than Alastor over a barrel on multiple occasions. But Alastor isn't someone who knows how to operate from a position of weakness. Only power and perceived power. Which doesn't work on someone else who only knows how to operate from a position of power and is actually much more powerful.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl1jXxYHjB0

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Flopsy posted:

Can I just say I very much appreciate Viv going that route with one of her oldest most favorite characters? It would've been easy to make him this unstoppable badass but she showed just what his arrogance gets him in excruciating detail.

It's been my experience with original characters that people who like their OCs want only good happy things for them, while people who love their OCs like to put them in the pear wiggler.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Pent near-instantly figured out where he was and what it meant, so I think it's safe to say he's the same old snake nerd.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I enjoyed Hazbin a ton, had completely missed the fandom. I had a question that may have been answered in Helluva Boss and I put it in spoilers just In Case:

Lucifer only got involved when Adam was hurting Charlie directly -- was there some agreement that Adam was breaking by attacking a Hellborn with intent to kill and such there, giving Lucifer a free pass to jump in? Or was Lucifer just being a lazy gently caress.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nessus posted:

I enjoyed Hazbin a ton, had completely missed the fandom. I had a question that may have been answered in Helluva Boss and I put it in spoilers just In Case:

Lucifer only got involved when Adam was hurting Charlie directly -- was there some agreement that Adam was breaking by attacking a Hellborn with intent to kill and such there, giving Lucifer a free pass to jump in? Or was Lucifer just being a lazy gently caress.

I think Lucifer just had a long travel time. He indicates that he was headed towards the Battle of the Hotel, and would have sincerely preferred to get their sooner.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nessus posted:

I actually think Adam hitting Charlie was the exact moment he could get involved. In the first episode Lute explains Hellborn like Charlie get a pass from extermination and are not to be touched.That's literally part of the deal they made with Lucifer. Laying hands on his daughter rendered the entire deal null and void, so Lucifer legally could get in there and wreck them and heaven can't do poo poo about it since Adam broke the terms. Another loophole I noticed is it says nothing about the sinners defending themselves.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Presumably nobody gave enough of a poo poo before Charlene Entertainment Morningstar got involved

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

Emily promised she would figure something out so I wonder if she’s responsible and found a way to codify Adam’s made up bullshit list into law or something

My first thought is--will Emily bypass the embassy system to inform Charlie & Co. what happened? They, after all, still don't know.

The Emily-Charlie Hotline could solve a lot of problems really fast, come to think of it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Madurai posted:

My first thought is--will Emily bypass the embassy system to inform Charlie & Co. what happened? They, after all, still don't know.

The Emily-Charlie Hotline could solve a lot of problems really fast, come to think of it.

Portals to heaven seem quite easy to create for those who are interested, so I think we will be seeing a bit more communication between the two realms in future. Lucifer might even be willing to take the risk of creating a rogue portal without heavenly consent in order to get urgent information through.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Flopsy posted:

I actually think Adam hitting Charlie was the exact moment he could get involved. In the first episode Lute explains Hellborn like Charlie get a pass from extermination and are not to be touched.That's literally part of the deal they made with Lucifer. Laying hands on his daughter rendered the entire deal null and void, so Lucifer legally could get in there and wreck them and heaven can't do poo poo about it since Adam broke the terms. Another loophole I noticed is it says nothing about the sinners defending themselves.

Alternatively he was free to act after Lute killed Dazzle. Also a hellborn, and that seems like a more appropriate violation of the terms. Plus, ya know, technically a goat was sacrificed.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Adder Moray posted:

Alternatively he was free to act after Lute killed Dazzle. Also a hellborn, and that seems like a more appropriate violation of the terms. Plus, ya know, technically a goat was sacrificed.

I considered this as well and it's very possible. Although I think it might be more along the lines Razzle and Dazzle are a personal security system Lucifer designed specifically to look after Charlie. It's been revealed in the show lore they were her favorite stuffed toys as a child and he animated them to protect her. If he sensed one of them being killed it would mean poo poo is hitting the fan and his daughter is in real danger.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Adder Moray posted:

Fun fact: Dazzle is the one he uses as a “sacrificial lamb” in “Hell’s Greatest Dad”

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The good part of being patt of A24 for Vivzie, a lot more time refining the plot and theming to have all this foreshadowing.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

Fun fact: Dazzle is the one he uses as a “sacrificial lamb” in “Hell’s Greatest Dad”

Foreshadowing!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I like the part where Velvette was talking big about combat, but in the end, was taking a back seat watching the whole fight like she was gonna sit this extermination out.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Annointed posted:

I like the part where Velvette was talking big about combat, but in the end, was taking a back seat watching the whole fight like she was gonna sit this extermination out.

I think that encapsulates the Vees agenda very well. They want others to go out and fight but not a one of them has any intention of putting any skin in the game. As a matter of fact Velvette's taunting at the overlord meeting could have a double intention; aside from getting under Carmine's skin she may have been attempting to goad the other Overlords to take up arms against heaven. And if they wiped themselves out in the process it would leave a power vacuum they could capitalize on.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Velvette is that #bitch after all

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

Velvette is that #bitch after all

I like that despite being the youngest Overlord and ostensibly made to seem dim by always playing on her phone she's incredibly shrewd and calculating. It wasn't a simple brag when she called herself the backbone of Vees.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Each of the Vees is convinced that they're the one carrying this operation on their back (brother) but Velvette is the one who can actually back that up seeing as how she doesn't need to be told that shooting up the princess of Hell would be bad for business like Valentino and didn't get publically humiliated on both TV and radio like Vox.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Each of the Vees is convinced that they're the one carrying this operation on their back (brother) but Velvette is the one who can actually back that up seeing as how she doesn't need to be told that shooting up the princess of Hell would be bad for business like Valentino and didn't get publically humiliated on both TV and radio like Vox.

Valentino couldn't run a taco cart without shooting his customers and burning the whole operation down. He's too mentally unstable to do anything without outside direction. Vox would be the competent leader if Alastor wasn't such a glaring weakness for him and he makes utterly terrible decisions when he's feeling insecure and panicked. From what we've seen of Velvette so far is she's pretty unflappable and in fact specializes in trolling other people until they slip up then she moves in like a shark. During Respectless you can actually see when she starts to lose interest in Zestial and moves in on Carmilla because he's stonewalling her. Seeing as the other two have such glaring weaknesses it really does fall to her to stabilize the whole operation.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 9, 2024

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
related note, Respectless has to be in top 3 songs of the season. ballistic missile of a tune

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

related note, Respectless has to be in top 3 songs of the season. ballistic missile of a tune

Oh without a doubt it slaps.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I think Velvette's weakness is fairly obvious. She likes being friends with horrible piss baby men who disrupt her life.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Speaking of songs, I wouldn't be surprised if the viewer reception to 'Loser' was entirely responsible for increasing Husk's presence in season 2. The staff have to know they're sitting on gold with Keith David's voice.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Keith david is a global treasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think Velvette's weakness is fairly obvious. She likes being friends with horrible piss baby men who disrupt her life.

How else is she going to get top of the line #content?