Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Professor Beetus posted:

those mf'ers were gonna kill wesley crusher for falling on a plant

This isn't even in the top ten reasons to kill Wesley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Professor Beetus posted:

those mf'ers were gonna kill wesley crusher for falling on a plant

there can be no liberty as long as laws are absolute!

Feb 8, 2024
delirious imprisonment?!?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I'm finishing Hellier season 2 (which I think improves a lot) and when they induce alien abduction in their friend and he describes them, he says they are boneless, like an octopus.

Goddamnit they really are from the ocean aren't they.

Feb 8, 2024
YOLO

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

antidote posted:

I'm finishing Hellier season 2 (which I think improves a lot) and when they induce alien abduction in their friend and he describes them, he says they are boneless, like an octopus.

Goddamnit they really are from the ocean aren't they.

And they like our bread !

e: also that part was a bit hosed up as apparently their friend is now terrified of aliens and makes nightmares of them, when originally he wasn't even a believer. But eh, he volunteered for the experiment so I guess the joke's on him

e2: lots of hosed up bits end of season 2 actually. I remember a quote from this thread (don't remember where from though) where a guy was warning "If you look into this all you'll get is to become insane" and it's exactly like that.

SpaceGoatFarts has issued a correction as of 09:09 on Feb 8, 2024

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

And they like our bread !

e: also that part was a bit hosed up as apparently their friend is now terrified of aliens and makes nightmares of them, when originally he wasn't even a believer. But eh, he volunteered for the experiment so I guess the joke's on him

e2: lots of hosed up bits end of season 2 actually. I remember a quote from this thread (don't remember where from though) where a guy was warning "If you look into this all you'll get is to become insane" and it's exactly like that.

I believe that guy is Christopher Lee

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

How! posted:

Trying this again after making an Imgur account:

ok sweet nvm sorry

Hey How!!

This owns!!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Seriously :aaaaa:

sorry imgur continues to give you such trouble, thank you for sharing your art with us anyway. In the future try linking the image directly, the .jpg file in img or timg tags rather than the gallery link.

[ quote="How!" post="537661587"]
[ timg]https://imgur.com/gallery/sqUhhPz[/timg]
[/quote]

[ quote="Inspector Hound" post="537661683"]
[ timg]https://i.imgur.com/u0c4GdA.jpeg[/timg]
[/quote]

You see? :)

Your art is gorgeous, the detailing is exquisite.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

for real. It's Moebius-level of gorgeous

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

oh hey How!, I think I recognize your art from CC!

it is indeed beautiful, and right at home in the bird thread. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I would love to see more of your work itt if inspiration strikes you.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

almost reminds me of the Anasazi ruins near 4 corners

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Nichael posted:

Hello aitee enthusiasts.

Can anyone help me get a belated birthday gift for a friend who's been going through a lot lately? In part, the gift is belated because I was helping her with her stuff, so things on my to-do lists fell by the wayside.

She likes aliens, anime, and I'd say pseudo-science "woo" (but probably not full woo). She likes books a lot. Any suggestions on that front?

Would these books be appropriate? Are they any good? https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Andrew+Gallimore&crid=2TJNASK3VC0VL&sprefix=%2Caps%2C568&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

how much are you willing to spend? the three books of occult philosophy can be a really cool set of books, but the good sets aren't cheap.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Seriously :aaaaa:

sorry imgur continues to give you such trouble, thank you for sharing your art with us anyway. In the future try linking the image directly, the .jpg file in img or timg tags rather than the gallery link.

[ quote="How!" post="537661587"]
[ timg]https://imgur.com/gallery/sqUhhPz[/timg]

[ quote="Inspector Hound" post="537661683"]
[ timg]https://i.imgur.com/u0c4GdA.jpeg[/timg]
[/quote]

You see? :)

[/quote]

Thanks all! And thanks Inspector Hound for fixing my link. I’ll get the next one right!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Taking the Ipod to the monastery as one does.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Winkle-Daddy posted:

how much are you willing to spend? the three books of occult philosophy can be a really cool set of books, but the good sets aren't cheap.

welp sounds like it's time to learn bookbinding

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

it is indeed beautiful, and right at home in the bird thread. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I would love to see more of your work itt if inspiration strikes you.

Click on the question mark below How!'s posts and you'll see a bunch of them already posted ITT :)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Winkle-Daddy posted:

I'm actually blanking on which books these are. I sort of remember but can someone link?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nichael posted:

I'm actually blanking on which books these are. I sort of remember but can someone link?

https://www.amazon.com/Occult-Philosophy-Heinrich-Cornelius-Agrippa/dp/164411416X

they're $150 books about jacking off on a vision board

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Oh drat, I can't rationalize spending an additional $150 to learn how to cum on a vision board considering I'm already getting a degree in that at law school.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
No you need to pirate the scholarly versions if you're at all going to bother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJkft2lUMD0

E: There's like 83 vids just on these goddamn books they're a thing i guess
Usually Sledge will talk about some intro stuff and extro stuff regarding different translations and versions

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 15:33 on Feb 8, 2024

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

You're certainly speaking for me!

How! Never stop posting!!

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
any cool books on sigil work? ive been doodling again and it feels appropriate for the occasion

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nichael posted:

Oh drat, I can't rationalize spending an additional $150 to learn how to cum on a vision board considering I'm already getting a degree in that at law school.

yeah they're more about the book of the law school than law school

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

inchworm posted:

any cool books on sigil work? ive been doodling again and it feels appropriate for the occasion

The End and The Death Volumes 1-3 written by Dan Abnett.

Not even joking.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

inchworm posted:

Aggrippa, also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsVOFdRvziQ

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Sextro posted:

The End and The Death Volumes 1-3 written by Dan Abnett.

Not even joking.

I gotta look that up. Dan writes the only warhammer 40k books worth a drat.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The Demilich posted:

Quantum cramping

beto radiation

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there is a tarot battle in the most important Warhammer 40k book ever and it owns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Abnett is def into the poo poo we are into

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I’m not kidding, this looks almost exactly like a dream I had when I was 6, the moving platform, the paths on the mountainside, the only difference was that it was nighttime. This is wild.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

Abnett is def into the poo poo we are into

have you ever read his comics work

he has been on “wot if me computer was a demon in space, innit” pulp for like 30 years minimum

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

inchworm posted:

http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/sseg.php

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Winkle-Daddy posted:

I gotta look that up. Dan writes the only warhammer 40k books worth a drat.

This hasn't been true for a while now. There are a few authors that are as good as Abnett if not better. Some truly good 40k fiction has been released in the last 5-7 years. If you like Abnett's stuff I suggest you pop over to the Black Library thread and we can give you some recommendations.

quietmonkey
Nov 23, 2002

Barry Foster posted:

You're certainly speaking for me!

How! Never stop posting!!

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Speaking of rear end
https://twitter.com/Unexplained2020/status/1755578747858587836

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

never kissed a bhole that kissed back before

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

D-Pad posted:

This hasn't been true for a while now. There are a few authors that are as good as Abnett if not better. Some truly good 40k fiction has been released in the last 5-7 years. If you like Abnett's stuff I suggest you pop over to the Black Library thread and we can give you some recommendations.

I would die for Chris Wraight

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
og dickbutt