Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Waffle House posted:

Holy loving poo poo that is a bulldozer of an email.

It really is! Translated from legalese: "Quit trying to put your lovely words in my mouth and answer the goddamn question you whiny child."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
all this for one failed steak salesman

that's the real damage from all of this. the fact that one steak salesman can just take apart the country and no one can stop him.

but let a righteous man ask for equality or help and the entire country unites to take them down

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Three Olives posted:

I've seen some suggestion that Weisselberg intentionally did it with the full intention that it would be discovered as an appeal tactic. Which sounds crazy but also like something Trump would do.

I'm firmly convinced that Trump's tactic has completely pivoted to just hoping any rulings won't be enforceable a year from now.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

InsertPotPun posted:

all this for one failed steak salesman

that's the real damage from all of this. the fact that one steak salesman can just take apart the country and no one can stop him.

but let a righteous man ask for equality or help and the entire country unites to take them down

and none of these trials would be happening, not a single criminal charge, if the failed steak salesman had stuck to selling steaks and condos and never run for president

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Escape From Noise posted:

Woah! So he's not greater than Lincoln? RINO!

WHO BLEACHED SHREK ANSWER ME DAMNIT

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Karate Bastard posted:

WHO BLEACHED SHREK ANSWER ME DAMNIT

Racism is ogre

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Trump: “it was an insurrection caused by Nancy Pelosi.”

So you agree it was an insurrection.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1755646047810994408
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1755649192238666024

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Yeah it was definitely an insurrection caused by Nancy Pelosi who was trying to stop the guy on her side from winning, and who also got her office trashed and smeared in poo poo. Yep definitely Nancy.

He might as well have said the Cookie Monster did it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Lmao didn't he drop a MOAB on some caves in Afghanistan for no reason other than BIG BOOM MURICA!!!!!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
doesnt don saying you likes you usually before a bad thing happens to you?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nooner posted:

Lmao didn't he drop a MOAB on some caves in Afghanistan for no reason other than BIG BOOM MURICA!!!!!

He's just listing off a bunch of poo poo that applies to him and trying to blame Biden for why it all sucks.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

PhazonLink posted:

doesnt don saying you likes you usually before a bad thing happens to you?

what

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

He is absolutely telling on himself

A president can be blackmailed, huh

Elaborate on that, Donald jonald tronald

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Nooner posted:

He let Turkey massacre Kurds one day just for fun

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Nooner posted:

Yes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39598046

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

aas Bandit posted:

It really is! Translated from legalese: "Quit trying to put your lovely words in my mouth and answer the goddamn question you whiny child."

The underlying message is "if you know that Weisselberg lied on the stand, you need to tell me *now*, otherwise I'm coming after you as well."

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Nooner posted:

Even in spite of his weird wishy washy style of "TELLING IT LIKE IT IS," this is another example of him not being a political innovator and trying to play all sides at once by running his mouth. I could see this statement transitively appealing to :d2a: "lefties" or whatever whose entire political angle is basically 'USA bad,' but :doh: if you're slobbing on Trump's knob for that one.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

sounds about right

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

You heard the guy.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

sounds about right

Yeah this a procedural decision, kind of an easy one at that

Immunity is either getting ignored or again, 8-1 7-2

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

PLEASE let immunity come up so that one of the judges can straight up ask Trump's lawyer "You do understand that Biden is currently president and if we rule in Trump's favor on this, that also gives him carte blanch to do literally anything he wants, right?"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’ll honestly be relieved a little if Trump is allowed on the ballot because the first thing that would happen if the CO SC’s decision were upheld would be chud governors and legislatures removing Biden from the ballot. If that were to happen in a battleground state, it would be bad

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I say they vote 6-1-1

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Escape From Noise posted:

Woah! So he's not greater than Lincoln? RINO!

Aw, man, Mamet's a chud? :negative:

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

FuturePastNow posted:

and none of these trials would be happening, not a single criminal charge, if the failed steak salesman had stuck to selling steaks and condos and never run for president

But the black president from Kenya made fun of him at an otherwise completely inconsequential and forgettable social event!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I really hope it just takes a few days for them to respond (or decline to hear) the immunity case tbh, that'd be the real February gift

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

I’ll honestly be relieved a little if Trump is allowed on the ballot because the first thing that would happen if the CO SC’s decision were upheld would be chud governors and legislatures removing Biden from the ballot. If that were to happen in a battleground state, it would be bad

Yeah I always felt that removing Trump from the ballot was ultimately going to be a non-starter; it would go the other way as well, and the last time states just up and picked/chose which candidates were going to be on the ballot, it turned out... not great?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah I always felt that removing Trump from the ballot was ultimately going to be a non-starter; it would go the other way as well, and the last time states just up and picked/chose which candidates were going to be on the ballot, it turned out... not great?

The only way it would work is if Trump was unilaterally barred from running for office at all

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Small Strange Bird posted:

Aw, man, Mamet's a chud? :negative:

Not that I managed to get through it but did you ever watch Redbelt? It is dumb and fashy as poo poo.

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran

Aramis posted:

Trump has become a giant hot potato across the board. It's likely going to stay this way until the general elections are over. No one wants to risk getting poop all over themselves.

Well that seals it, I'm never coming to your house for sunday dinner.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Toxic Mental posted:

I really hope it just takes a few days for them to respond (or decline to hear) the immunity case tbh, that'd be the real February gift

This doesn't seem like something we're going to hear back on instantly, IMO, and if that is true, I'm glad they're taking time to do so.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Monica Bellucci posted:

Not that I managed to get through it but did you ever watch Redbelt? It is dumb and fashy as poo poo.

I absolutely loved Glengarry Glen Ross but through that lens, that kinda makes me :smith:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Randalor posted:

PLEASE let immunity come up so that one of the judges can straight up ask Trump's lawyer "You do understand that Biden is currently president and if we rule in Trump's favor on this, that also gives him carte blanch to do literally anything he wants, right?"
trump's lawyers have been asked that before "yes" is their answer because the later hypocrisy will be handled by the united state's entire media apparatus, so it doesn't matter.

"the supreme court today ruled that presidents and ex-presidents have total immunity. 15 minutes later president biden was arrested for not saluting hard enough. trump is currently driving around in a stollen car robing banks. for an unbiased opinion on why this is all cool and good here is a republican to explain it"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

I absolutely loved Glengarry Glen Ross but through that lens, that kinda makes me :smith:

You gotta have brass balls to be a chud in this country

- David Mamet

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

InsertPotPun posted:

trump's lawyers have been asked that before "yes" is their answer because the later hypocrisy will be handled by the united state's entire media apparatus, so it doesn't matter.

Oh okay, last time I had seen them being asked about immunity, no one seemed willing to ask them if they actually knew who the current president was. Good on reporters for actually asking them directly rather than at each other.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MrQwerty posted:

You gotta have brass balls to be a chud in this country

- David Mamet

(Black Rifle) Coffee is for chuds

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

I feel like it's mostly because SCOTUS doesn't want to deal with that kind of mess. A million cases a year about who can or can't be on the ballot

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Frank Frank posted:

(Black Rifle) Coffee is for chuds

Put. That. Bud Light. Down. Bud Light is for transes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kazil posted:

I feel like it's mostly because SCOTUS doesn't want to deal with that kind of mess. A million cases a year about who can or can't be on the ballot

Especially since their ruling would have to include who specifically can be excluded and under what circumstances