Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Gatts posted:

I’m concerned. I dont want to mess with OLine and Defense. Is Bill leaving?

Already gone.

On his sons staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1755393801516995048?t=F262gmyJ0J1e4Qi7_V9bcQ&s=19

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Flikken posted:

Already gone.

On his sons staff

Yeah sorry Bill bounced to the Titans :rip: Maybe they won’t have like the worst OL in the league this year

Is anyone even left of the Browns line coaches? Pats just poached one too

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Yeah sorry Bill bounced to the Titans :rip: Maybe they won’t have like the worst OL in the league this year

Is anyone even left of the Browns line coaches? Pats just poached one too

I don't think so. Plus we have a new RB and TE coach.

So umm blocking is going to be interesting this year.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Yeah, the Jets are one of the last orgs anyone should be hiring from

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Outside of QB and OL they’ve done a pretty good job of bringing in talent. Wilson, Sauce, and Hall is a pretty loving good draft.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Outside of QB and OL they’ve done a pretty good job of bringing in talent. Wilson, Sauce, and Hall is a pretty loving good draft.

good thing those don't matter too much

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Who is the Jets WR2?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

good thing those don't matter too much

We're good on QB at least.

Seems like the guy can find good defensive pieces and if he gets hired away as a gm? Two third rounders for us

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Who is the Jets WR2?

One of Aaron’s buddies but I don’t think this guy who was basically head of scouting was responsible for that. You certainly can’t say the Jets are without talent, they just have massive issues with coaching and premium positions on offense but, as mentioned, the Chargers are already set at QB.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

20~ years with the Ravens before 5 with the Jets

And in checking that fact, I also learned he's Steph Curry's brother-in-law.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

For anecdotal reasons, I fully believe Jim Harbaugh is an annoying person to be around at a personal level, but it was sweet that he brought Jack in to be guest coach during the suspension

I wish I'd ever had anything my dad and I could do together :smith:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kalensc posted:

20~ years with the Ravens before 5 with the Jets

And in checking that fact, I also learned he's Steph Curry's brother-in-law.

Basketball Guys stay winning, it’s not fair :mad:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Zach Orr, the Ravens new Defensive Coordinator, wrote a piece for the players tribune a few years ago. It details his experience with career ending injury at what seemed like the start of an excellent career. https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/zachary-orr-ravens-spine-injury-retirement

If any of your lovely teams steal my beautiful son to be your HC I will punch you.

It’s gonna rule when Pittsburgh hires this guy after Tomlin finally has a losing season lol

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

kalensc posted:

Bummer time to be a DC area pro sports fan, the one org that ended 2023 with potential signs of hope is already burning goodwill.

I promise you these articles have not burned any goodwill amongst DC sports fans because we're all too busy being mad at Ted Leonsis (and also Dan Snyder still)

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

All of this stuff is getting leaked to a site behind a paywall, I don't know if the average fan is aware of it. Unless they're online and seeing the coverage of it.

We'll see.

Benjamin Disraeli
Oct 19, 2005

Let's have some fun
This beat is sick
Let's play a Love game!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to think that perhaps all these Jets front office guys are leaving (isn't this like the second or third high level guy to jump ship since January?) because, although they did pick some great pieces on that defense a couple of years ago, they are now being overruled by the new, de-facto, GM; a 40 year old QB who drops acid and stuff clay up his rear end in a dark hole in the ground.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Docjowles posted:

I have a hard time seeing this because their roster is like Crosby, Adams if he doesn’t get traded to the Jets, and ?????? That fraud rear end Vikings team at least had Cousins and Jefferson and a still functional Dalvin Cook plus several pro bowlers on defense.

This outcome requires the Raiders to smash the draft and several other AFCW teams to face plant. Which, yeah, would be pretty funny!

I hope 2 of the 3 losses are to the Chargers :colbert:
They hired a former Packer offensive coach as the OC, I could see Devante sticking around.

Getsy was a bad OC for Justin Fields because he doesnt seem like he can adapt his scheme to his players very well (and for the most part the OL was pure trash the past two years in Chicago), but he still might be a good OC if you give him a pocket passer and said pocket passer has Devante, Jakobi, and Renfrow to throw to.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
:siren: Commanders hire B. Johnson! :siren:

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1755623649477091373

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Is it just me, or have most of the OC hires this year been various shades of butt?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Black Lighter posted:

Is it just me, or have most of the OC hires this year been various shades of butt?

any good OC immediately gets a HC job

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, what's that stat? Something like every single team has changed OC's in the last 2 years?

If you're any good as an OC, you get a HC job or are black. If you aren't, you're fired and probably getting your HC fired as well.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

If you aren't, you're fired and probably getting your HC fired as well.
Or you're Nathaniel Hackett and somehow get a HC job then somehow land a new OC job the next year.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jets are graded on a curve

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Or you're Nathaniel Hackett and somehow get a HC job then somehow land a new OC job the next year.

This hiring philosophy worked so well with Rich Kotite and Adam Gase that they couldn't help but run it back.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shyduck posted:

Jets are graded on a curve
lol

mcmagic posted:

This hiring philosophy worked so well with Rich Kotite and Adam Gase that they couldn't help but run it back.
lmao

Watching the Jets from the vantage point of how horrible the franchise I root for is, is sure funny.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ben Johnson Brian Johnson tomato tomato

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

They hired a former Packer offensive coach as the OC, I could see Devante sticking around.

Getsy was a bad OC for Justin Fields because he doesnt seem like he can adapt his scheme to his players very well (and for the most part the OL was pure trash the past two years in Chicago), but he still might be a good OC if you give him a pocket passer and said pocket passer has Devante, Jakobi, and Renfrow to throw to.

What if said pocket passer is Aidan O’Connell

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jets-chat made me think of this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ben McAdoo is an offensive assistant for the Pats somehow despite being out of the drat league last year. You REALLY have to gently caress up (or be black, to Kalli's point) to get permanently kicked out of the NFL boys club

shyduck posted:

"Fullback.... OHHHH NOOOOO" should be in the hall of fame. Perfection, no notes.

And "WE WANT SAPP! WE WANT SAPP!" *not Sapp*

And "obviously the Jets know somethin' that the people up here don't". God it's just the best.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 8, 2024

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Patriots seem to be assembling a modern art exhibit

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Knowing how to fondle Aaron Rodgers’ balls just how he likes is a skill that will get you several NFL jobs.

shyduck posted:

Greatest draft video ever.

Docjowles posted:

"Fullback.... OHHHH NOOOOO" should be in the hall of fame. Perfection, no notes.

And "obviously the Jets know somethin' that the people up here don't". God it's just the best.

“Fullback-“
“OH NO!”

Makes up a big part of Roger Vick’s Wikipedia page :laugh:

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Docjowles posted:

Ben McAdoo is an offensive assistant for the Pats somehow despite being out of the drat league last year. You REALLY have to gently caress up (or be black, to Kalli's point) to get permanently kicked out of the NFL boys club

This made me look up the the Jets draft history and it made me remember that in 2000, the Jets had four first round picks, which they proceeded to spend on:

12. Shaun Ellis (DE)
13. John Abraham (DE/LB)
18. 2-time comeback player of the year Chad Pennington (QB)
27. Anthony Becht (TE)

Like granted, the first two rounds of the draft post-pick 11 weren't exactly full of must-have players (except maybe Shaun Alexander and Keith Bullock) but imagine having four first rounders and getting 1 good player, another good player who would spend the majority of his career on other teams, a QB who was good when he wasn't injured (he was always injured) and whatever Anthony Becht got up to. Just euuuuggh

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Knowing how to fondle Aaron Rodgers’ balls just how he likes is a skill that will get you several NFL jobs.

Greatest draft video ever.

“Fullback-“
“OH NO!”

Makes up a big part of Roger Vick’s Wikipedia page :laugh:

And he was the 2nd Fullback to go in the first round that year. The 80's drafts were wild.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mcmagic posted:

any good OC immediately gets a HC job

With one glaring exception

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

OneMoreTime posted:

This made me look up the the Jets draft history and it made me remember that in 2000, the Jets had four first round picks, which they proceeded to spend on:

12. Shaun Ellis (DE)
13. John Abraham (DE/LB)
18. 2-time comeback player of the year Chad Pennington (QB)
27. Anthony Becht (TE)

Like granted, the first two rounds of the draft post-pick 11 weren't exactly full of must-have players (except maybe Shaun Alexander and Keith Bullock) but imagine having four first rounders and getting 1 good player, another good player who would spend the majority of his career on other teams, a QB who was good when he wasn't injured (he was always injured) and whatever Anthony Becht got up to. Just euuuuggh

That is a really good draft lol. They also drafted Brick and Mangold in the same draft who were 2 borderline all pro 10+ year starters

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

mcmagic posted:

That is a really good draft lol. They also drafted Brick and Mangold in the same draft who were 2 borderline all pro 10+ year starters

No they didn't. After that they drafted Laveranues Coles, Windrell Hayes and Tony Scott. Brick and Mangold weren't drafted until 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

OneMoreTime posted:

No they didn't. After that they drafted Laveranues Coles, Windrell Hayes and Tony Scott. Brick and Mangold weren't drafted until 2006
No they didnt what? Re-read the post you're replying to. He's commenting on drafting two players that play in the same position group in the same draft.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

No they didnt what? Re-read the post you're replying to. He's commenting on drafting two players that play in the same position group in the same draft.

Ah, my mistake on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1755656292767764716?t=5G05nJkLx6tEH1u1KovCww&s=19