Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

Right thread.

Wasting chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

MrChips posted:

Congratulations CAT INTERCEPTOR, you are the newest participant in everyone's high-stakes AI Game Show...

:siren::siren::siren:RIGHT THREAD, WRONG THREAD:siren::siren::siren:

That's right, for the next 24 hours, AI will vote if the post you called into question is in fact in the right thread, or the wrong thread! If you chose correctly, you win! But if you chose wrongly...

Well, that's it then, we have a verdict!

CAT INTERCEPTOR's choice: WRONG THREAD

Final Vote:

25 Right Thread - 12 Wrong Thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

KakerMix posted:

Ford, lol.

I've seen a similar issue on Hyundai and Cadillac, let's not rush to reapply those Calvin stickers just yet

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

whats this sixer poo poo I thought these were now life and career ruining 18ers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

:cb:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

AI probes should start at 18 hrs, and instead of the standard Kitty Jail av it's just red text that reads "BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!"

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

:agreed:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Lmao, I hope some one has a screenshot of that.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I hope somebody got him a red text

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

:lol: I can't believe he was serious about it too like my guy you of all people need to log off.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
His kids can’t eat if the posting spigot is turned off

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

trilobite terror posted:

I hope somebody got him a red text

Yes someone did. At least three times.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yeah they invented a problem that afaict has never existed and then in trying to solve it created seriously unsafe driving conditions and then took forever to issue a fix for it. I took mine in last year, they said it was fine, I showed them video of it making GBS threads the bed during a moderate downpour, they said oh okay it's not fine, they put a new wiper motor in it, it didn't fix poo poo. When I first brought it in they pointed to the Ford TSB that said it was supposed to work that way, i.e. if it didn't think there was enough moisture on the windshield then it was supposed to slow down. Here is apparently not enough moisture on the windshield:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/wiper-control-speed-issues-urgent-safety.31809/page-28#post-1834610

e: here's what the not a recall says:

Humans obviously can't be trusted to turn off the wipers when they're stuck or restricted. Software can't be bothered to turn them on.
I loving hate the trend of "the cars know better". I'm old. If I push a button, I expect a thing to happen regardless of what he goddamned car thinks.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Software in cars should be limited to the stuff running the engine. Anything else has been a mistake.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Dunno, I like that my car prevents my dumb rear end from locking the fob in the car

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Dunno, I like that my car prevents my dumb rear end from locking the fob in the car

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I would like, though, for them to tie a seat weight sensor or something into that system so the vehicle stops complaining at me that the key was left in it when my fat rear end is still in the vehicle, too.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cars that make noises other than 'you've left your side lights on' when you open the door is also terrible car stuff. Like technology in general my car should not make any noise unless I deem it so.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

The ding to warn me I've left the lights on has saved my battery before, that's one I like.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
The turn signal click in my Miata is so quiet that I often forget I've left it on. This is compounded by the steering wheel blocking my view of the indicator lights... Sometimes car noises need to be louder.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjUvBxvVQNk

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

or obstructions to the wiper blade due to snow or ice accumulation on the windshield

Yeah, you know, "obstructions" like "having to shove massive amounts of water off the windshield so you can see," nothing windshield wipers should normally be able to handle.

LMAO

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Saukkis posted:

It will do bad things to the warranty costs if the owners are let to do whatever they want.

"Whatever they want" meaning every wiper system obeying the controls? Exceptions I suppose are those Foeds, cybertruk and ye olde vacuum wiper systems.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

the only sound you need https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP38xgPesu8

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Cars that make noises other than 'you've left your side lights on' when you open the door is also terrible car stuff. Like technology in general my car should not make any noise unless I deem it so.

I don't see why the car shouldn't just turn the lights off.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's probably cheating to link Just Rolled In but holy goddamn this video's first three are cursed. And so are most of the others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnWkt5W-ePA

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

My favorite of these has always been the original Quattro where they refreshed it sometime in the mid-80s with a digi-dash and added this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nNYJghfQS4

They took the voiced diagnostics messages out from the last revision of the car towards the end of the 80s where the digi-dash was also changed to a different design and color. The funny part is, I remember discovering this oddity back in the day, like 2009-ish and thinking "wow they really thought screens would eventually replace instrument clusters? carmakers were mad in the 80s!" and, well, uhhh...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I like Magnaflows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQEO_kqjIBI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPHfBQnIPIQ
And it just buzzes with the key in, ignition off, and door open. I did add a beeper for headlights on, too.

Also, uh, I 've lost weight since that video. Geeze.

dissss posted:

I don't see why the car shouldn't just turn the lights off.

Subaru does, as does my AE86. The Subaru has a separate switch if you want the park lights on with the key off for some reason, but the Corolla does not.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's probably cheating to link Just Rolled In but holy goddamn this video's first three are cursed. And so are most of the others.

....vegetable oil?
I have a love/hate relationship with those videos. See, I'm an IT desktop tech, so I see this kind of stuff, but computer. On the one hand, I don't need confirmation that users are idiots, but on the other hand, it's like a train wreck - the carnage is fascinating.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Me, every time I watch one of these:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

To be fair, I'm pretty sure you're not on the road with the snowblower guy

At least not his snowblower

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Having wrenched for a living, every time I have to heavily brake on the highway I look in my mirrors, and I am afraid.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I have a longtime chronic eye twitch and it gets exacerbated every time I watch one of those, and yet I can’t stop myself. I’m so anal about my cars and equipment that I can’t fathom the mindset of these people.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I grew up working way too young in my dads shop and i can barely bring myself to watch those vids as it probably triggers some repressed trauma or something idk.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I have a longtime chronic eye twitch and it gets exacerbated every time I watch one of those, and yet I can’t stop myself. I’m so anal about my cars and equipment that I can’t fathom the mindset of these people.

it's pretty straightforward. when i want to go somewhere, i think about my car. when i'm not want to go somewhere, i dont

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

My leaky t-case rear seal was just continuous rust proofing the bottom of my truck, okay. Top up the red juice on occasion and s'all good, man.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Cactus Ghost posted:

it's pretty straightforward. when i want to go somewhere, i think about my car. when i'm not want to go somewhere, i dont

*eye twitch intensifies*

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I rally like my blinker sound but I found out it was software when the panel hung up one day.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

freelop posted:

The ding to warn me I've left the lights on has saved my battery before, that's one I like.

My car didn't alert me when I locked the doors with the engine running. I actually did that a couple of times (push button ignition in a loud parking lot), thankful on quick trips to the story.

Was able to "hack" it with the European settings so now it at least beeps at me if I do that.

Still less annoying than my mom's Honda that beeps if you take a single step out of the car with the keys in your pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My BMW makes the same noise for Catastrophic Engine Failure as it does for The Parking Brake is Still On 1%, or Gas is a Bit Low