Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The fan translation thing that I will never forget is the bizarre choice to make a character in Tales of Phantasia say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Stux posted:

the best final fantasy is ffx. topic locked.

there was an old "ask me about being gay" thread and the first post was "how far did you get in final fantasy x-2"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Heath posted:

The fan translation thing that I will never forget is the bizarre choice to make a character in Tales of Phantasia say

lol fan translations ftw

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

All personas, Ffs, and From soft < Fans

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Chrono Chross is bad despite its many good qualities, and I will gladly admit I am still mad and crying about it to this day

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

o( :3)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Good soup! posted:

cross sucked enormous amounts of rear end and had an insultingly stupid rear end story and how it tied into trigger was wack

Oh yeah sure totally Square, Dalton, a comic relief henchman who gets bodied by mid-level party members and keeps getting caught in his own spells definitely had the ability to raise an army in porre and wipe out an end-game crono, marle, and lucca and destroy guardia

hey square!!!! Eat poo poo!!!!!

this is what your own characters do in every jrpg but as soon as the tables are turned you are caremad. says a lot.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oh yeah sure totally square, crono, a guy who cant even wake up on time and gets bodied by mid-late game enemies, and his friend who messed up a teleporter so bad it sent them through time definitely had the ability to stop lavos

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
*watching a fan translation of sesame street*

Holy poo poo oscar just told big bird to gently caress off then called him a bastard. drat!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I found the Chrono Cross soundtrack on CD at a local used music shop and I bought it. It's good

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Heath posted:

remembering playing lunar silver star story complete with my cousin as a kid and after the end credits they decided to roll a blooper real of the voice actors' outtakes. still baffled by that lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if you're not mad about chrono cross you're not appreciating it correctly. the clue is in the name of the game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
chrono Trigger.... chrono Cross...... whats next. chrono mad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Stux posted:

this is what your own characters do in every jrpg but as soon as the tables are turned you are caremad. says a lot.

sorry sir but some of us RESPECT the LORE

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Good soup! posted:

cross sucked enormous amounts of rear end and had an insultingly stupid rear end story and how it tied into trigger was wack

Oh yeah sure totally Square, Dalton, a comic relief henchman who gets bodied by mid-level party members and keeps getting caught in his own spells definitely had the ability to raise an army in porre and wipe out an end-game crono, marle, and lucca and destroy guardia

hey square!!!! Eat poo poo!!!!!

this until the end of loving time

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

people keep trying to get me to play chrono cross

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

On the Beach of Dreams is a real good track and I'm glad I didn't have to play the game to hear it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plant MONSTER. posted:

*watching a fan translation of sesame street*

Holy poo poo oscar just told big bird to gently caress off then called him a bastard. drat!

The first time I ever saw DBZ was a fansub of the first Broly movie that another kid brought to summer camp and it had a bunch of swears added so for a long time I thought that’s how every anime was

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There’s a chrono trigger song that matches up perfectly with DemoniusX’s “That bitch can suck my dick” perfectly but I forgot the name of the track.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
how accurate do you think slowbeef's translation of policenauts was

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp0zjJJ0Pf8

Mitsuda did an acid jazz arrangement of a bunch of CT songs and they all kick rear end and some are weird as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps0h-rrX18k

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

my third party memory card kept getting corrupted so i had to play the opening of chrono cross and final fantasy 9 five times before i bought an official sony one

3rd party psx peripherals >>>>>>>>>

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The first time I ever saw DBZ was a fansub of the first Broly movie that another kid brought to summer camp and it had a bunch of swears added so for a long time I thought that’s how every anime was

That is exactly how anime is.

dic and forekids just take out all the swears, boobs and all mentions of rice

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

copy posted:

remembering playing lunar silver star story complete with my cousin as a kid and after the end credits they decided to roll a blooper real of the voice actors' outtakes. still baffled by that lol

More games need outtakes.

Also reminded of Ghost Stories which has the most absurd dub I've ever heard. Also hilarious.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Al! posted:

how accurate do you think slowbeef's translation of policenauts was

If that’s the retsupurae loser it’s probably completely phoned in garbage.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Wormskull posted:

If that’s the retsupurae loser it’s probably completely phoned in garbage.

Please do not disrespect the former mod of Letsplay. He has suffered enough

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Bang bang bang pull my chrono trigger

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I've read through all the OP's threads and i'm craving more, is there a somewhat regularly updated list anywhere else or something? I pinned this thread ages ago but it seems like a general chatter thread?

I also read a great thread about a guy and his truck who wanted a fire pit in the back of a box van, a legend in the car forum who went across america in some camper, and currently my only ongoing thread is a UK man building a house from scratch with massive foundations.

I love long reads, provided it spins a good tale (The boxcar 'house' thread was great). I use these threads for bed time reading like a lovely-novel that keeps giving and would like more...but i'm a bit out of school with modern day SA and where to look.

edit: I swear there was a pop up somewhere on the forum, either in bookmarks or GBS which was a roundup 'something to read' bulletin/pin but I assume that was just a one off? I'm fairly certain I saw it a couple of times.

Thanks!

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 9, 2024

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Sevalar posted:

I've read through all the pinned posts and i'm craving more, is there a somewhat regularly updated list anywhere else or something? I pinned this thread ages ago but it seems like a general chatter thread?

I also read a great thread about a guy and his truck who wanted a fire pit in the back of a box van, a legend in the car forum who went across america in some camper, and currently my only ongoing thread is a UK man building a house from scratch with massive foundations.

I love long reads, provided it spins a good tale (The boxcar 'house' thread was great). I use these threads for bed time reading like a lovely-novel that keeps giving and would like more...but i'm a bit out of school with modern day SA and where to look.

Thanks!

Check the previous thread OPs that I’m pretty sure are linked in the current OP.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the current op doesn't include the thread where the guy was gonna push a stroller across the US and that's one of my all time favorite ones

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
my favorite funny fan translation thing is playing a half finished pokemon yellow translation before it was out in america and the first time you beat gary he goes "drat! I picked the wrong Pokemon! drat!! drat!!!"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

my favorite funny fan translation thing is playing a half finished pokemon yellow translation before it was out in america and the first time you beat gary he goes "drat! I picked the wrong Pokemon! drat!! drat!!!"

Thats more in line, with Gary's character

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

An Actual Princess posted:

the current op doesn't include the thread where the guy was gonna push a stroller across the US and that's one of my all time favorite ones

Oh god, I also re-read that one as I was there at the time. Still an amazing read despite some links being dead.

Another one i'd love to see again was ...it was some guy who became homeless in Vegas and documented his every night eating garbage/nothing and staying in parks and such. It was quite a ride. I think the guy was Centripedal Horse or some poo poo. Goons didn't donate but they bought him an avatar out of spite, classic goons.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Alaois posted:

Thats more in line, with Gary's character

That boy would go out and get 10 of the 8 badges in Kanto....

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Sevalar posted:

Oh god, I also re-read that one as I was there at the time. Still an amazing read despite some links being dead.

Another one i'd love to see again was ...it was some guy who became homeless in Vegas and documented his every night eating garbage/nothing and staying in parks and such. It was quite a ride. I think the guy was Centripedal Horse or some poo poo. Goons didn't donate but they bought him an avatar out of spite, classic goons.

That was the homeless goons username. Someone took in his cats.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

An Actual Princess posted:

It's hard to pick a favorite idiot decision but the plan to carry a realistic looking CO2 pistol as protection and flash it to intimidate anyone he was scared of might be top 2.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"I don't cook, but I'm pretty sure I can just eat raisins and stuff on the trail, right? Or not eat?" was also a highlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

"I don't cook, but I'm pretty sure I can just eat raisins and stuff on the trail, right? Or not eat?" was also a highlight

lol this