Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Infinite Wealth is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Fight Forever seems to be a case where it took most of what resources they had just to get the core game working that it left little time to flesh it out, and while there are some dubious decisions in the design itself, it's mostly just a shame that it won't get the development it needed- I think the DLC we're seeing is something they were already locked into, when what the game needs is more CAW parts, etc.

I'm legit surprised that they didn't at least make it so that all the elements used to make the roster are available separately as CAW elements- it may be a technical thing with how the models were made, but in theory there should be at least as many head and body options as there are wrestlers in the game, + some originals.

For a comparison, while I think it's a better game than the 2022 Saints Row remake, both have that similar issue where it took so much to put the core together that there's just not much on top of it. (SR is a lot glitchier but the driving and shooting and such are generally fine, it just lacks stuff to do.)

And similarly I feel in both cases the dev studio wasn't quite up to the task of making a game of that scope with the resources they had. Wrestling games are tricky on a technical level. Each character has a poo poo ton of moves/verbs, and while they can work similarly mechanically you have to animate them all, work out the interactions between models for all of them, figure out the transitions into animations, interactions with the environment, etc. Even most fighting games aren't *as* complex.

Had the game done at all well they might have been able to build on what they have but that the DLC is still just individual wrestlers is not encouraging.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Curious as to how it works these days where the wrestlers are getting compensated for the games.

Maven made a video where he said the initial scan done of him for a Smackdown game paid $30,000, which allowed Jakks Pacific to essentially use his likeness however they wanted, with a small royalty based on sales moving forward. He then got anywhere between $400 and $1,200 per quarter for the one video game he was in.

So $12 for Toni Storm? Sony/Microsoft takes 30% off the top of sales, so they are making $8.4 off that DLC purchase. If they paid a wrestler 30K to be included in a game, that's 3,600 DLC sales to break even on that alone, plus the development time, plus royalties...

It seems like nobody is playing the game either.

https://vginsights.com/game/1913210

While I loved the idea of buying 1 base game and getting DLC (which means we'd haev people like Cody, Jade and Punk in the game indefinitely) it just doesn't seem feasible with how nobody is playing it anymore and DLC has to be priced at $12 for 1 wrestler.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

whats the xbox and psn numbers

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
nine active players lmao

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Infinite Wealth is good

NICE, I forgot it came out

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yeah they really just need to focus on a sequel that is all about making a real game around the good gameplay. But I ain't buying anything day one from them until they prove themselves. I'm not hopeful

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Whatever they used to get for royalties, I remember a lot of newsletter reports of how mad the wrestlers got when the games went from THQ to 2k and their royalties MASSIVELY went down.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Barry Bluejeans posted:

nine active players lmao

If there was ever a case against prioritizing Stadium Stampede, it was this.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

super macho dude posted:

NICE, I forgot it came out

Aloha

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

It's gonna be so funny when they blur Vince face out in the footage they'll use in between matches during the terrible showcase mode

not vince but lol

https://twitter.com/BungleNoMore/status/1753563849721102381

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

A hui hou

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

whats the xbox and psn numbers

7 xbox, 24 psn

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

missed opportunity to make it blue imo

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1755276395633156515

What the hell is that arena? It's not Daily's Place. Looks like the repurposed that press conference setup from story mode.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DLC is called "Swerve to the Beach DLC" it's probably a new arena on a beach if I had to guess.

Why release a beach arena along with Swerve? :shrug:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

explosivo posted:

DLC is called "Swerve to the Beach DLC" it's probably a new arena on a beach if I had to guess.

He swerves when he dives

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Surf Strickland.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Now the game really has jumped the shark

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

explosivo posted:

This is why I don't get this company. They could have put resources into Collision of Wembly, but they make a beach arena

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

If it wasn't for how tragically out of date this game has been since launch day i'd assume that Tony's big announcement tonight is that Beach Break was happening on a beach this year.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I'm so disappointed in that Fight Forever game and just hope if they make a second game, they learn from their mistakes.

Or just do their version of wrestlefest, gently caress it, it doesn't matter!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

2k24 is good now

E: to be clear, the big valbowski's point is that the only way you could make a list of the 36 most influential wrestlemania matches and not come up with a sean morley match is the woke mind virus

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 8, 2024

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

projecthalaxy posted:

2k24 is good now

E: to be clear, the big valbowski's point is that the only way you could make a list of the 36 most influential wrestlemania matches and not come up with a sean morley match is the woke mind virus

Sure. Because people are going to remember such bangers as…

*checks notes, squints to read the small print*

Two dark Battle Royals, a 4-minute six man tag match, and a sub-10 minute four way IC title bout.

Hardly the work of legends, methinks.

Now, please excuse me while I continue to forget this person exists.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

A Choppy Choppy Pee Pee QTE minigame

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If it plays exactly like Test Your Might I'm in.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
You know ladies, excluding the big valbowski is a lot like cancel culture...

You, uh, well, uhh... woke mind virus! PENIS

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ShadowedFlames posted:

Sure. Because people are going to remember such bangers as…

*checks notes, squints to read the small print*

Two dark Battle Royals, a 4-minute six man tag match, and a sub-10 minute four way IC title bout.

Hardly the work of legends, methinks.

Now, please excuse me while I continue to forget this person exists.

That IC match is the only one I remembered & it was pish. Might also have been the 4th best match of the show, Wrestlemania 15 was absolutely mind bogglingly dire

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpI8qeIcCoY

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there are 4 different vince mcmahons in the game including WMs x-seven, 19, 22, and 23.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1757766688106246325

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1757781827631063227

This season's paid DLC is Swerve, Claudio & Hayter, plus some moves, CAW attires, music and the beach arena. No matches / modes / etc.

The free DLC has 10 attires for your CAWS and some music. There's also a general patch but it's exclusively bugfixes with no features.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

“I think we figured out how to stop the criticism: give them free stuff (but only entrance music and clothes options)”

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

“I think we figured out how to stop the criticism: give them free stuff (but only entrance music and clothes options)”

"We should add some more arenas to the game"

"Like the new TV show and PPVs we launched since the game was released?"

"No, a beach, but at both daytime and night time"

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
It’s not a bad price for once but I just can’t see myself getting back into the game unless they start offering more gameplay options.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
If they can spend time adding more wrestlers, it can't be that hard to add more match types, can it?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is the first DLC I feel like I want to buy. I wanna see those CAW parts first though.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I'd be happy with more CAW parts and a way to edit CAW stats that didn't involve playing the story mode.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I'd be happy with a new game that was fun to play for more than 45 minutes

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Long-Time Lurker posted:

If they can spend time adding more wrestlers, it can't be that hard to add more match types, can it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

blunt posted:

The free DLC has 10 attires for your CAWS and some music. There's also a general patch but it's exclusively bugfixes with no features.

Sweet a whole 10 more shirts and pants in varying camouflage patterns :v: