Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
White guy in Japan fans never go hungry when they own The Last Samurai on Bluray and watch monthly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

priznat posted:

I dunno about the shogun one but I am super mad they killed off the best character in Tokyo vice s1 with the gangster dude.

It's never a bad move to have an avenging twin show up in a gangster related show

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol they're naming the Beetlejuice sequel "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice" to ensure the studio has to pay for a third one

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Gutcruncher posted:

White guy in Japan fans never go hungry when they own The Last Samurai on Bluray and watch monthly

funny thing about the last samurai, it was one of the highest grossing movies of all time in japan at the time and ended up making more there than in the US

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

PostNouveau posted:

lol they're naming the Beetlejuice sequel "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice" to ensure the studio has to pay for a third one

Beetles juice

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Stink Billyums posted:

funny thing about the last samurai, it was one of the highest grossing movies of all time in japan at the time and ended up making more there than in the US

I fully believe it. it’s a great movie, it’s got Tom Cruise, and it’s about how cool the samurai were.

A classic case of white Americans acting offended on behalf of a people who are actually going “hell yeah gimmie more of that!!”

Edit: just looked and it’s currently #21. Top Gun 2 passed it!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

PostNouveau posted:

XJAKK here’s your big chance

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Unabashedly romantic bullshit depictions of deeply morally ambiguous historical figures and events have their appeal in every land in every age

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

No Mods No Masters posted:

Unabashedly romantic bullshit depictions of deeply morally ambiguous historical figures and events have their appeal in every land in every age

My favorites are the Chinese ones, since they turn these people into superheros basically. Lots of fun

mystes
May 31, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

They should name it betelgeuse, after the character

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gutcruncher posted:

My favorites are the Chinese ones, since they turn these people into superheros basically. Lots of fun

1,800 years later and people still know it was a bad idea to gently caress with Lu Bu

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Beetlejuice had better loving go Hawaiian!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

cant wait for them to answer “why does beetlejuice age?” and also show a flashback about how he got his iconic striped suit

mike: “he’s the ghoooast with the mooast.”

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Betelgeuse had that striped suit for like 45 seconds it’s so weird that that became his iconic suit

mystes
May 31, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

Betelgeuse had that striped suit for like 45 seconds it’s so weird that that became his iconic suit
He also had it for 30+ hours of the spinoff cartoon

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

mystes posted:

He also had it for 30+ hours of the spinoff cartoon

that really happened, it wasn't xjakk's YouTube channel while high? oh man

Gutcruncher posted:

I do all the moves along with the main character, tom america

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Beetlejuice² trailer will have a synthwave cover of Day-O with ethereal female vocals or I’m out

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Gutcruncher posted:

it's on the movie poster

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I saw the Beetlejuice musical last night and it was not great. Not a single bop in the entire thing. A lot of gags and one liners but you just can't replicate the humor. The dude playing Beetlejuice though did have an interesting interpretation which was more Charlie Day-esque

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

George H.W. oval office posted:

I saw the Beetlejuice musical last night and it was not great. Not a single bop in the entire thing. A lot of gags and one liners but you just can't replicate the humor. The dude playing Beetlejuice though did have an interesting interpretation which was more Charlie Day-esque

lol you couldn't pay me to see that obvious turd

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Did you get a handy from a congresswoman at least

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Lying to a TV news reporter: "Yeah, he was quiet and kept to himself. Never could have seen this coming in a million years."

lmao

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Did Xjakk know you were peeking out of his closet?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

priznat posted:

Did you get a handy from a congresswoman at least

The lack of a handjob definitely added to the shittiness

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Clear your palette by seeking out the Groundhog Day musical. Songs by Tim Minchin.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ShaunTossell/status/1683442340470444033/

:hmmno:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1755683200435630195

:hmmyes:

First of May
May 1, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqkutFUxXvM

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
xjakk me off

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Luckily it's harder to gently caress up a Kurosawa remake than, let's say, a Park Chan-wook remake.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Will Wheaton is one of the few people ive seen where having a beard somehow makes their chin line less defined. I dont understand it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ZeusCannon posted:

Will Wheaton is one of the few people ive seen where having a beard somehow makes their chin line less defined. I dont understand it.

It's Wil Wheaton, not Will. His parents took an L the day he was born.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Spike Lee has a stainless track record for his remakes of foreign films

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

LanceHunter posted:

It's weird how everyone has forgotten the fact that the guy who invented Elmo* was a Spacey-style sex predator who only got away with it because his accusers came forward pre-#MeToo before the statute of limitations for those crimes was extended. If this whole Larry David thing wasn't a work then he would have brought that up instead of fake-punching the air above a puppet's face.

*Yes technically he wasn't the first person to puppeteer Elmo, but he completely reinvented the character, changing him from random background muppet monster into the falsetto-voiced childlike character that became famous.

Not maintaining an encyclopedic knowledge of every sex pest in Hollywood from decades ago isn't that weird at all actually.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It’s easier just to keep a running list of the guys who aren’t criminals

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why would anyone who doesn't work in Muppets have any idea what the personal life of the second Elmo puppeteer is like

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Ah yes he just goes to a chuech founded by a homophobe, inspired by homophobia and supporting projects and people that are anti-LGBTQ. Definitely changes things. Get the gently caress out of here. If he's too stupid to understand that he is supporting anti-LGBTQ causes, that isn't my loving problem.

I don't think you understand how deceptive some of these prosperity gospel megachurches can be. Their entire gimmick is pretending to be welcoming of anyone, but really they just want rich people. Just because people have since done research on this guy and he has shown a few cracks in his facade does not mean his congregation is aware of all of it. I mean it's in his wikipedia article now, but people typically don't check Wikipedia before trialing a new church.

There are few people that I have more contempt for than megachurch pastors but unless they are publically advocating for the heinous positions they believe in I tend to see their parishioners as victims as opposed to villains.

First of May
May 1, 2017

sharknado slashfic posted:

Why would anyone who doesn't work in Muppets have any idea what the personal life of the second Elmo puppeteer is like

There was a glowing documentary about his life that came out (i.e., was rushed out as spin) a few months before the abuse allegations hit the news.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Apparently im distantly related to Wil Wheaton and as a family member I am qualified to say he is a huge tool

By some estimates everyone on the planet is at least 50th cousin to everybody else.

So as Wil Wheaton's cousin, I would just like to say, Jesus Christ, Wil, shut the gently caress up.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
soderbergh just did a high and low remake last year that nobody watched (Max original lol). spike might do slightly better but I don't have high hopes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toilet Terror
Aug 5, 2006
Swirlie

First of May posted:

There was a glowing documentary about his life that came out (i.e., was rushed out as spin) a few months before the abuse allegations hit the news.

It's weird how everyone forgets that the glowing documentary about the (technically second) person to puppeteer Elmo was narrated by Whoopi Goldberg who was an outspoken defender of noted sexual predator Roman Polanski.