Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

catlord posted:

I feel like they announced all those a little while ago, at least they sound familiar to me.

I never saw Moana, but the fact they're already making a live-action remake of it boggles me.

It's because Dwayne Johnson's getting older and I'm pretty sure he would kill any Disney exec who dared cast someone else as live-action Maui.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I've seen The Mummy Returns, they don't need him to actually be there.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Holy crap. The Marvels has gotta be the most Legends of Tomorrow-rear end MCU movie. It's not good, but once it hits the halfway point with the three of them practicing swapping to Beastie Boys, it does not let up.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i am confused, you say legends of tomorrow and then not good

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It's very simple. You lull your audience into a false sense of security with terrible editing and shoddy character introductions until it's time to kill Vandal Savage three times across three times all at the same time and then :catdrugs: for the rest of the movie.

Classic Joseph Campbell/Save the Flerken.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Michael Chiklis says he's not returning as The Thing in Deadpool 3. He seemed to confirm rumors that Jessica Alba may cameo in the movie, though.

He also confirmed that they have had the casting of the new Thing for a while and he has spoken to him.

quote:

I do know who they’re casting though [in the MCU]. Not my place to tell but I will say this: I’m a fan of his work and I wish him luck and success with it.

Not much official confirmation beyond that The Thing is still male in the MCU and that they have been holding on to casting announcements for at least 6 months for some reason.

I guess someone needs to ask Mike if he has seen The Bear.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

FF4 Director Matt Shakman confirmed that Pedro Pascal is playing Reed Richards.

Based on everything, it's been obvious for at least a few months, but it is finally official now.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Not much official confirmation beyond that The Thing is still male in the MCU and that they have been holding on to casting announcements for at least 6 months for some reason.

I am not good at comics. Have they ever gender swapped The Thing?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

hatelull posted:

No, it was mostly a joke because there was a crazy rumor from back when they first announced the movie that they were going to gender swap The Thing and cast Mila Kunis.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

hatelull posted:

There was a female thing called She-Thing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Ventura

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

site posted:

i am confused, you say legends of tomorrow and then not good

The first time I saw Legends of Tomorrow I had a fever of 101 and was going in and out of sleep while episodes kept auto playing on Netflix. A++++ experience, would do again. For some reason it’s perfect sick day television.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There was also Ms. Thing, a lady in a Thing suit

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/ms-thing/4005-85284/

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Coyote vs ACME was cancelled, uncancelled, going to premiere in theaters, cancelled again, about to be sold, taken off the market, and is now cancelled a third time.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1755959348734341534

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Whoops.

Maybe that wasn't supposed to be an official announcement:

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1755732296554954985

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Just fuckin announce cast Marvel. Jesus Christ this edging is obnoxious.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FF4 Director Matt Shakman confirmed that Pedro Pascal is playing Reed Richards.

Based on everything, it's been obvious for at least a few months, but it is finally official now.

Lame. Cast an unknown.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
They’ve decided to cut costs and just use a stretch armstrong toy.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It would be absolutely hysterical if Ebon Moss-Bachrach, playing against type, is Reed Richards, and Pedro Pascal, familiar with motion capture and VA, is Ben Grimm.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

Lame. Cast an unknown.

This would be legit a good idea, it's how you get them locked into longer deals. Which I kind of feel dirty saying but like, it's the truth.

Also again no disrespect to Pedro, but imo you should get a slightly younger guy to play a dude with a rubber face.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Coyote vs ACME was cancelled, uncancelled, going to premiere in theaters, cancelled again, about to be sold, taken off the market, and is now cancelled a third time.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1755959348734341534

WB sucks so much now

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

TwoPair posted:

This would be legit a good idea, it's how you get them locked into longer deals. Which I kind of feel dirty saying but like, it's the truth.

Also again no disrespect to Pedro, but imo you should get a slightly younger guy to play a dude with a rubber face.

Given Reed's presumed importance, it makes sense to go with an older, more established actor. A Miles Teller-type running The Illuminati would probably come off silly.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
given how slowly the movies are gonna come out he's probably only gonna be in a couple anyways. he's not gonna be in a chris evans amount of films

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
More like a Cumberbatch amount.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

live with fruit posted:

Given Reed's presumed importance, it makes sense to go with an older, more established actor. A Miles Teller-type running The Illuminati would probably come off silly.

yeah he may feel like a little too old right now but it'll be appropriate when he's destroying universes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's mostly going to be his head on a CGI body all the time, I'm sure his age won't be an issue

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

WB sucks so much now

I've said it before, but I really hope Gunns contract prevents poo poo like that from happening.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Can't wait until the memory-hole the entire DCEU for tax purposes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

All except for BvS as a real gently caress you to everyone

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I'm curious if Zaslav will try to tax write-off any of the Gunn DC slate and what happens then.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I've said it before, but I really hope Gunns contract prevents poo poo like that from happening.

Gunn was a co-writer and producer on Coyote vs. Acme

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jamesman posted:

What are you talking about? There’s not been a DC movie since Schumacher’s Batman & Robin. :confused:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

The_Doctor posted:

What are you talking about? There’s not been a DC movie since Schumacher’s Batman & Robin. :confused:

Can’t top perfection.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Batman & Robin is still my favorite DC movie, so that works for me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

theironjef posted:

I'm curious if Zaslav will try to tax write-off any of the Gunn DC slate and what happens then.

Screw you, I'm going back to marvel.

Gunn to head Marvel Studios, announces Dr Druid film

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I went to the cinema re-release of Dune earlier today and they showed the Madame Web trailer. I noticed that they'd slightly edited the meme line to make it less hilarious. It was still delivered like poo poo, obviously, but it was a slight improvement.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
cowards

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Gunn to head

but enough about what I hope happens to Zaslav

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I hope that they actually put this Deadpool 3 trailer online tomorrow and not just force you to watch the game in order to see it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FlamingLiberal posted:

I hope that they actually put this Deadpool 3 trailer online tomorrow and not just force you to watch the game in order to see it

The ads air during the Super Bowl because that's when the most people are watching, they don't need to juice viewership for the biggest TV event of every year. I think you're fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Hopefully, at least one person is recording the Super Bowl tomorrow.