Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

zoux posted:

No, you are correct. The problem is the WH correspondents are omitting the ‘present himself as’ part for clicks because they want this narrative.

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1755683046915731465

https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/1755686469610442789

It’s only a gift if the press continues to remove context: which they absolutely will.

Bottom line is Biden’s gonna have to do more press to dispel it

There are plenty of concrete examples of memory lapses presented in the docs--he wasn't able to nail down when his son died, when he was vice-president, confused allies for rivals. It's more than just a removal of context. It lists out several lapses the investigators observed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if you took the average american and asked them about the american comic series saga, versus the justice league, what do you think the response rate would be like?
they'd call you a nerd after realizing you ain't talking about the movies

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if you took the average american and asked them about the american comic series saga, versus the justice league, what do you think the response rate would be like?

Who cares?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
maybe pants you and push you into a locker for good measure

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

World Famous W posted:

batmans a billionaire and automatically a villain. rich people philanthropy is bullshit and bruce doesn't pay his taxes

Actually, in Batman: The Animated Series it is established that both the Joker and Batman pay all of their taxes because the Joker is "crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? No, thank you!" and Batman says he is afraid of only two things: "Bats and an IRS audit."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G56VgsLfKY4

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
That episode always bugged me for multiple reasons, but in particular that the presence of fake money in the amount Joker inherited would have reduced his taxable income (and also possibly shifted liability).

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

We should stop talking about comics and start talking about what countries are relatively easy to emigrate to now that Trump is going to win in a landslide and I doubt most of us like the idea of living in Nazi Germany.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Actually, in Batman: The Animated Series it is established that both the Joker and Batman pay all of their taxes because the Joker is "crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? No, thank you!" and Batman says he is afraid of only two things: "Bats and an IRS audit."

in fairness doing Joker Stuff just sends him to the revolving door arkham asylum whereas tax fraud is federal prison territory

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
The Stormshadow GI Joe comic remains one of the best ever.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

him fearing an audit just lends credibility he's playing games with his taxes

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

We should stop talking about comics and start talking about what countries are relatively easy to emigrate to now that Trump is going to win in a landslide and I doubt most of us like the idea of living in Nazi Germany.

Why do you think Trump will win in a landslide? And if he wins, why do you think he’d be more effective at making the country similar to Nazi Germany than the last time he was president?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

The Stormshadow GI Joe comic remains one of the best ever.

The gi Joe comics are weirdly great. Hasbro seems to roll 20s with getting talent for their toys until they don’t.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Ya I was also going to ask about the landslide thing. He's going to be on every ballot still, cool. I truly doubt the SC is going to rule the same way on his immunity, and my cynical heart is black as coal.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Kalit posted:

Why do you think Trump will win in a landslide? And if he wins, why do you think he’d be more effective at making the country similar to Nazi Germany than the last time he was president?

To be fair, the party is much more in his grip than it was in 2016. They have much more of an idea of how far their voter base will let them go before finding the erosion of mores and civil rights unacceptable.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Kalit posted:

Did you not see the report that just came out that was basically "Biden willfully retained classified docs but we aren't prosecuting because he's a forgetful old man"? And have you not seen Project 2025 and the countless reports about what Trump plans to do in office?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Scags McDouglas posted:

Ya I was also going to ask about the landslide thing. He's going to be on every ballot still, cool. I truly doubt the SC is going to rule the same way on his immunity, and my cynical heart is black as coal.

i think they dont take it up.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Did you not see the report that just came out that was basically "Biden willfully retained classified docs but we aren't prosecuting because he's a forgetful old man"? And have you not seen Project 2025 and the countless reports about what Trump plans to do in office?

Those things don’t support the claims you stated.

If we had polling data with Trump up over Biden by 30+ points, then I would concede that a landslide is possible.

For your second point, Trump wanted to do a lot of things during his first presidency, but was stopped by his staff, congress (including his own party members), and SCOTUS. I’ve yet to see why that wouldn’t happen again

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

I agree trump is going to turn the fascist dial up to 11 if he wins, but merely possessing classified docs isn't a big deal and not what Trump is in trouble for.

Kalit posted:

For your second point, Trump wanted to do a lot of things during his first presidency, but was stopped by his staff, congress (including his own party members), and SCOTUS. I’ve yet to see why that wouldn’t happen again

Trump let a lot of folks who were not true believers in his first admin. I'm not so sure he's going to make that mistake twice.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I would wait until Republicans start winning elections before I made my plans to leave the country. There are lots of elections between now and November and if Trump is going to win in a landslide, Republicans will probably overperform in some of them.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

In what way is this materially different from every other "Republican swears Democrats are simultaneously criminal and incompetent but in a way that will conveniently never involve statements under oath or a chance of falsifiability" event though?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

That is not what the report said. It's what a big chunk of the media is reporting, irresponsibly, and it's almost certainly what the report writer wanted to imply, but they mostly aren't prosecuting because the evidence was insufficient. The line going around, usually conveniently cropped, is that a(n alleged) secondary concern is that he would successfully persuade a jury that he was a kindly forgetful old man, and that would impact the chances of conviction, which makes prosecutors sad.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

James Garfield posted:

I would wait until Republicans start winning elections before I made my plans to leave the country. There are lots of elections between now and November and if Trump is going to win in a landslide, Republicans will probably overperform in some of them.

yeah and they havent been doing well in alot of elections since 2020. whens the special election for santos seat?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

You're catastrophizing and probably need a break from the internet and news for a while. A report nine months before an election is not enough to single-handedly swing it into a landslide in any direction. If it mattered that much to swing voters we would have seen Biden's numbers soaring when the same kinds of reports came out about Trump. It probably hurts Biden in the election to some degree but it'll be on the margins like almost everything else, its not some kind of black swan event that's totally reshaped the political landscape.

As for the Project 2025 stuff its designed to scare people/pump up the base. A lot of what its promising is a lot harder than you might think and you might consider why other presidents haven't done it in the last 150 years. Including Trump in 2017.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Did you not see the report that just came out

Bold of you to assume that the average voters are so bolted to news updates as we are that their fickle whims are constantly in flux. None of that impacts Trump OR Biden voters.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I spake prematurely, perhaps it will in fact not kill him in the general

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
what'll kill him in the election is old age catching up, hey-o

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
It could come out that they are full-on Weekend at Bernies'ing Biden, and if it's not 2 weeks before the general, it probably wouldn't matter.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

World Famous W posted:

him fearing an audit just lends credibility he's playing games with his taxes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deU8rRrzf5Y

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Biden to deliver remarks soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgmBaKNlN1s

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Oh poo poo, he's going to resign.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Jaxyon posted:

It could come out that they are full-on Weekend at Bernies'ing Biden, and if it's not 2 weeks before the general, it probably wouldn't matter.

I'm reasonably certain that if a video came out of Biden fishing into a litter box on the ground to eat a cat turd absent mindedly it would be a net swing of about 12 votes nationally.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Scags McDouglas posted:

I'm reasonably certain that if a video came out of Biden fishing into a litter box on the ground to eat a cat turd absent mindedly it would be a net swing of about 12 votes nationally.

In... in which direction, Scags? :sweatdrop:

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Do you think this will matter when Trump goes to jail?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Young Freud posted:

Oh poo poo, he's going to resign.

He's going to recite Rap God from memory.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Whoa he's getting spicy

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
We are watching a man commit political suicide live.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BonoMan posted:

Whoa he's getting spicy

Yeah he is pissed at the accusation he forgot when his son died

Also the remarks were 75% making GBS threads on Trump, lol

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Google Jeb Bush posted:

That is not what the report said. It's what a big chunk of the media is reporting, irresponsibly, and it's almost certainly what the report writer wanted to imply, but they mostly aren't prosecuting because the evidence was insufficient.

I guess it’s somewhat semantic, but the report cites airtight evidence that he did the crime. The decision not to prosecute was based on “aggravating and mitigating factors” - basically, he was transparent about it, returned what he took, and didn’t hinder the investigation.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
He's coming back to the podium!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Why is Biden wrapped up in Trump's classified documents debacle anyway, or does Biden have his own issues with classified stuff?