Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Learning that Chris Nolan’s guilty pleasure movies are fast and the furious Tokyo drift and Macgruber is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Android Apocalypse posted:

Apparently my sleep doctor's a big Star Wars fan.

that Falcon is $925 from the LEGO store, if anyone wants one and a smaller one is $95 when converting from GRATE BRITISH POUNDS

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Learning that Chris Nolan’s guilty pleasure movies are fast and the furious Tokyo drift and Macgruber is amazing

I love Tokyo Drift. I still can’t get over that guys accent being his actual accent. It sounds fake as hell

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Love me some Tokyo Drift, hate the rest of them haha

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
doesn't Gordon Ramsay love Burger King? I'm sure I read that somewhere

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The first fast and the furious was awesome. I don’t care what you say. The eclipse, the goofy music, Ja rule. It all was amazing

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Does anybody watch Yellowjackets? I caught up with the first two seasons recently and have a take that I’m not sure is mainstream or not.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

I love Tokyo Drift. I still can’t get over that guys accent being his actual accent. It sounds fake as hell

Tokyo Drift is a documentary. I can say this with authority :colbert:

:v:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have also banned my wife from more than the most minor of dishwasher loading. Now the labor division is I load it she unloads it, but that means all the pots and pans are creatively stored because "just put it anywhere there's a gap" overrules "there is any consistency or order to things".

It's not even like she has poor spatial reasoning - just about the only computer game she'll play is tetris! I think she just doesn't care about the efficiency of the dishwasher load or whether poo poo gets broken in there or gets clean or w/e.

Anyway going back a few pages to watch chat, a couple three four years ago I was thinking about getting one of those ones from Russia that have a 24 hour dial, but then the war happened and I'm not buying anything from Russia.

this sort of thing

anyway I wear a fitbit now, it's nice to have it as my alarm clock, reply to texts while driving without looking, and I thought I'd use the alexa integration but turns out me and Alexa got nothing to talk about

I should mention I am 100% a Not Expensive Watch wearer, it's man jewelry which is 100% fine with me but like I'm gonna smack it against stuff constantly and no way I want to smack around a $500 piece of jewelry. I won't even spend that much on a phone. These russian watches are old used things available on ebay for like $100.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
We were watching yellowjackets, but by the end of season 1 it seemed to take a hard turn into paranormal, and we lost interest. I think we started season 2 but I can't remember honestly.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
dishwasherchat, my wife hates how I load it, but I hate dishes sitting around so now I just run it 1/2 full all the time so she doesn't have time to inspect my work. It uses 3 gallons of water, who cares.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
How many things you backhanding in a day leper

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

I'm torn between which is funnier in my head: "Leperflesh is a pimp" or "Leperflesh backhanding people over Wikipedia articles".

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

fartknocker posted:

I'm torn between which is funnier in my head: "Leperflesh is a pimp" or "Leperflesh backhanding people over Wikipedia articles".

Actually it's a sophisticated editing technique he deploys when he has three sentences he wants to turn into a comprehensive manual on the proper way to avoid run on sentences with the simple deployment of punctuation

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

General Dog posted:

Does anybody watch Yellowjackets? I caught up with the first two seasons recently and have a take that I’m not sure is mainstream or not.

Yea I’ve seen both seasons. I like it, but it’s pretty insane and I have no clue how they’ll get 5 seasons out of it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea I’ve seen both seasons. I like it, but it’s pretty insane and I have no clue how they’ll get 5 seasons out of it.

Oh God, that’s a lot of seasons

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Yea that’s what has been said they’ll do and it’s either going to be insane or boring. Feels like Lost on steroids already.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

doesn't Gordon Ramsay love Burger King? I'm sure I read that somewhere

I don't know about Ramsay, but I know Anthony Bourdain loved that horrid mac and cheese from popeyes

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Popeyes sides are….dire.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yea that’s what has been said they’ll do and it’s either going to be insane or boring. Feels like Lost on steroids already.

Anyway my take is that the show is pretty good but Juliette Lewis's adult Nat comes across like a theater kid's idea of an addict and feels tremendously disconnected from Teen Nat even accounting for all the trauma and addiction. Like, Nat went through a lot, but they have a lot of ground to cover if they're going to explain why she's basically Harley Quinn now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Pron on VHS posted:

Popeyes sides are….dire.

The mashed potatoes are fine, and are good for dipping your tendies into

The biscuits are wonderful although I can make better at home

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pron on VHS posted:

Popeyes sides are….dire.

KFC sides rule and I will die on this hill

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

KFC sides rule and I will die on this hill

Mac n cheese + coleslaw is my go to

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

I hike and do woodworking and work on my car and stuff like that

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Leperflesh posted:

Pimpin’ ain’t easy, got it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

haha, if I were actually a pimp, I'm pretty sure wearing a super expensive blingy watch is mandatory regardless of the slap-related hazards tho

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

haha, if I were actually a pimp, I'm pretty sure wearing a super expensive blingy watch is mandatory regardless of the slap-related hazards tho

Let’s be honest, you made yourself a pimp cane on your lathe.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

The mashed potatoes are fine, and are good for dipping your tendies into

The biscuits are wonderful although I can make better at home

Popeye's biscuits are quite good, but lately they've lost a little something. I went to the Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro (the owner started Popeye's) and had their biscuits and hot drat those are what Popeye's biscuits should be. Flaky, buttery, perfect for sopping up some BBQ shrimp.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

As a shock to no one, I have a very specific dishwasher loading method that includes grouping items together in specific zones, including sorting silverware and utensils. No one else loads it like me, and while I very much dislike it, I don't dislike it enough to always be the one who does the dishes. I am coping the best I can. Thoughts and prayers through this difficult time, please.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My wife would like me to load the dishwasher but does not like how I load the dishwasher. So we compromise and make the kids do it.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Just had a tornado rip through a town a half hour south of me.

In central Wisconsin.

In Early February.

Normal-rear end weather.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The GF always puts the utensils pointing down, and I always put them pointing up (unless it’s something meaningfully sharp). Who’s right?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Up, the dirty ends get more exposure to the cleaning forces

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If you're not getting the red beans and rice from Popeye's then you're doing it wrong. Skip the fries though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Take your watch off when you’re working on cars!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Let’s be honest, you made yourself a pimp cane on your lathe.

I wish I had a lathe!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Take your watch off when you’re working on cars!

I am forgetful and stupid!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pron on VHS posted:

Up, the dirty ends get more exposure to the cleaning forces
My dishwasher has a very shallow rack so my utensils actually go horizontal.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’ve broken an Apple Watch doing the exact same thing so I really can’t say anything 😠

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

So you have a band of rubber right across the watch face at all times?