Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

None of this poo poo makes ANY sense. It's been *checks watch* six days since "lol cody" and NOW is when you pivot!?? Regardless of if it's a work or a shoot, there's a whole two months left til WM and even with elimination chamber you could have milked the temporary angel for multiple weeks to make it seem like you knew what you were doing. What, is the company just run by completely loving morons who oooooooooooooh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

NienNunb posted:

His name is John Wrestling

midcarder that hasn't done poo poo

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Cael posted:

None of this poo poo makes ANY sense. It's been *checks watch* six days since "lol cody" and NOW is when you pivot!?? Regardless of if it's a work or a shoot, there's a whole two months left til WM and even with elimination chamber you could have milked the temporary angel for multiple weeks to make it seem like you knew what you were doing. What, is the company just run by completely loving morons who oooooooooooooh

panic booking is always funny, i expect things to change again in 2 months.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Cael posted:

theyre panic booking the main event to wrestlemania twice in one calendar week, things are going normal and according to plan for sure

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

well at least they got back to where they should have been in the first place even if the road to get there was hilarious and stupid lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can’t help but find it hilarious that they did their big storyline at this press conference thing instead of on one of their TV shows. What a weird choice.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Ganso Bomb posted:

I can’t help but find it hilarious that they did their big storyline at this press conference thing instead of on one of their TV shows. What a weird choice.

Dwayne is busy tomorrow

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

well it was fun while it lasted, turns out the company sucks rear end and is incompetent but not even in the fun way. I can't believe Hausman being in the presser would have made things better.

Anyway, remember the sex trafficking?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

Wait this wasn't even televised?? :lol:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jackie D posted:

hmmm, i dont think so

you're right they definitely booked the easily available on short notice t-mobile arena to hold a big flashy press conference in a mad scramble because of a booking oopsy whoopsie made less than a week ago

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'd love to have seen the collaboration of scripting that thing and seeing what they were attempting to do.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

it was broadcast on peacock and youtube

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

no one watches tv anymore

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean from the storyline perspective it's kind of funny that they've decided to make Cody into Tetsuya Naito.

(I think they're doing a Double Gold Dash. Probably Rock/Seth and Cody/Roman on night one, winners face each other for all the gold on night two, yes, this means Dwayne thinks he can manage two actual matches without tearing every muscle and tendon in his HGH-riddled body.)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The clips I saw online looked fun, they fixed the angle.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
If you really think honestly Dwayne is going to waste a match with Seth Rollins

:lol:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Gaz-L posted:

I mean from the storyline perspective it's kind of funny that they've decided to make Cody into Tetsuya Naito.

(I think they're doing a Double Gold Dash. Probably Rock/Seth and Cody/Roman on night one, winners face each other for all the gold on night two)

Nah, they are going in a straight line to Cody/Roman with as many distractions and deflections around it as possible to make it feel "fresh and unexpected." Alvarez suggested Roman/Rock v. Cody/Seth night 1, Cody/Roman night 2, which idk, makes some amount of sense (relatively, none of this makes actual sense). That at least gives you a way to start sewing issues between Rock and Roman that maybe culminate night 2 and lead to the giant angle they're clearly planning on between the two of them.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

you're right they definitely booked the easily available on short notice t-mobile arena to hold a big flashy press conference in a mad scramble because of a booking oopsy whoopsie made less than a week ago

I don't think them booking a press conference on site of the super bowl means that this was what they were planning to have at it

It's obviously a work now but, as low an opinion I have of the wrestling media, I don't think they were all full of poo poo with their reporting last week

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So did they even attempt to explain why Cody gave up his shot in the first place?

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Dwayne is so washed now as a box office attraction he can't even main event mania lmao

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

imagine how bad the cody crybabies are gona cry when roman wins again, easily and then next years WM is the rock vs roman

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Drakkel posted:

So did they even attempt to explain why Cody gave up his shot in the first place?

dont worry about it

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015

Drakkel posted:

They don't need to because CINEMA!!!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Is it time to start backlash against Cody for ruining Rock vs Roman?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
just lol to everything

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Malikov posted:

Dwayne is so washed now as a box office attraction he can't even main event mania lmao

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

What a god drat wild rear end conference, Cody forever

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Seth looks like the biggest loving geek alive in all of this

Also this whole thing was orchestrated for the sole reason of distracting from the Vince stuff, and I know that's not a groundbreaking revelation but it's still disgusting and loving stupid

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drakkel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV_fbwLX_Ag

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jackie D posted:

It's obviously a work now but, as low an opinion I have of the wrestling media, I don't think they were all full of poo poo with their reporting last week

I mean, a lot of the stuff they reported was probably true (e.g., Rock demanded this angle as a condition of the Board seat in addition to $30 million in equity or whatever). Seems like the color around that about the Rock taking Cody's spot was probably a work and they are planning something longer term between him and Roman. Or maybe the Rock demanded that they use the Cody angle as a springboard for his angle, but not necessarily that he take the main event spot.

Doesn't explain the nonsensical booking for Cody (or the Rock's heel turn) though, so maybe they actually just freaked out and pivoted.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Vince McMahon is a sex trafficker and covered up the rape of Ashley Massaro

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I love how this was the outcome that all the wrestling journalists didn’t fantasy book. “Oh he’s just going to go out there and pick Roman!”

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

What a god drat wild rear end conference, Cody forever

It’s back within grasp, my friend.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

ARMBAR A COP posted:

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

wait what lol

Did Cody explain why he said he wasn't coming for Roman at Wrestlemania, but now is?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

when everyone's talking about Ashley Massaro, and The Rock doesn't want to hear it

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

spinst posted:

wait what lol

Did Cody explain why he said he wasn't coming for Roman at Wrestlemania, but now is?

Skeezy posted:

dont worry about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

ARMBAR A COP posted:

It’ll be funny when Cody doesn’t win again but for now, this is the only thing about WWE worth mentioning.